Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women (27290 Views)

Meet The Shuwa Arab Women Of Nigeria (photos) - Most Beautiful Women In Nigeria! / Nigerian Men Behave Better Abroad Than In Nigeria / Why Can't Nigerian Men Behave Themselves? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Bigsteveg(m): 11:03am On Jul 13, 2014
In case you are wondering why some men behave nicely when women are around them and behave anyhow when they are alone or with friends, a study has revealed why this is so.

The study shows that men put in their best behaviour when attractive or beautiful ladies are close by, and that the number of kind acts showed by men relates with how attractive a female is.

The study, carried out by Dr. Wendy Iredale of Sheffield Hallam University and Mark Van Vugt of the VU University in Amsterdam and the University of Oxford, further shows that the extent of kind and selfless acts by men corresponds with the attractiveness of women who are around.

The study, published in the British Journal of Psychology, also found out that the behaviour of women remains the same, regardless of who was around.

In the first part of the research, 65 men and 65 women, with an average age of 21, anonymously played a cooperation game where they could donate money to a group fund via a computer programme. The donations were selfless acts.

The two groups comprising 65 persons each were placed under observation by two physically attractive observers, who were either of the same sex or opposite sex. Men were found to do more significant good deeds when observed by the opposite sex than when observed by men, while the number of good deeds made by women did not change, regardless of who observed.

For the second experiment, groups of males were formed and were asked to make a number of public donations. Their donation increased when observed by an attractive female, where they were found to actively compete with one another. However, when observed by a male, donations did not increase.

Iredale said, “The research shows that good deeds among men increase when presented with an opportunity to be joined together. Theoretically, this suggests that a good deed is the human equivalent of the peacock’s tail. Practically, this research shows how societies can encourage selfless acts.”

In an interaction with our correspondent, a 31-year-old civil servant, Olanrewaju Felix, described the study as a true reflection of his personal experience. “From my personal experience, the study is true because I have observed that when female friends, colleagues or even visitors are around, I tend to behave well and be less dramatic. It is more so when the lady is within the age range of someone I can befriend.

“I can’t really explain it but that is just the truth, and I think it is common among men. In fact, my friends tell me that my voice changes on the phone when I am talking to a lady, but I have settled it in my mind that I can’t change it because I believe it is my nature.”

It seems like a common testimony among men in their late teens upwards to behave in a more refined manner and do certain positive things they may naturally not do if there were no women around, especially the sexy and attractive ones.

Seun Ibigbami, a student in his mid 20s, told our correspondent that the best time for him to ask for money from his brother is when he had female friends or colleagues around him.

“I have learnt that if I need to get anything from my brother, I need to ask him when there is at least a female around him. It works faster because I think he seeks to impress the women, whereas, if he is with a man, nothing changes.

“In fact, he feels free to talk to me if the person is a man because he believes it is man to man, which gives me an impression that his nice disposition in the presence of women is actually to impress.”

However, a consultant psychologist, Prof. Makanju Ayobami, said men tend to do that because they become more self-conscious and put on their best behaviour or effort in order to make a good impression on the attractive or beautiful person around.

“It is the same reason why we all want to look good when we are going out than when we are inside.

“And that is why there are certain things we do at home that we cannot do in the presence of visitors. This could be because of the familiarity and maybe taking them for granted.”

Ayobami argued that it could even be more with women than men but that it occurs in both males and females.

Another psychiatrist, Dr. Kehinde Ayenibiowo, said a man would not need to behave in the best way he could in the presence of a woman if there is no ulterior motive.

She added that, in spite of the need for rational beings to behave well to get the best from every relationship or situation, it is when the man hopes to get something from the woman, either at the moment or later in the future, that he could seek to impress her specially.

“It depends on the motive. If you do not want to create impressions, why do you want to behave well when a woman is around? It is because such men have ulterior motives, especially if they are expecting something from her.

“Why don’t such men behave well in the presence of their mother, no matter how beautiful she is? So, there must be a reason. Moreover, it also depends on the relationship between the man and the woman. If there is no established relationship, since we are moved by first impression, an average person wants people to think well of him or her.

“Human beings are rational beings, especially men, who are not moved by intuition, but by rationality, so, when they hide what is bad and only show what is good, they want to be accepted, and for the likelihood of what they hope to get from her now or later,” she explained.

Ayenibiowo further questioned why men who try to impress women by their behaviour do not act likewise in the presence of their wives at home. She said they behave well in such special occasions knowing that they cannot get their best if they do not behave themselves.

“If a man is very rich, he doesn’t need to create impression because he knows that he is already accepted, unless he is after a particular woman. They are also aware that people believe women flock after rich men in this part of the world,” she added.

Copyright PUNCH

7 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by raziboi(m): 11:13am On Jul 13, 2014
,....wat

2 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Dygeasy(m): 11:39am On Jul 13, 2014
I have a friend who when he sees a pretty girl starts misbehaving.

He starts noticing the kind of clothes or shoes his other male friends are wearing.

26 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by dytbabe: 11:48am On Jul 13, 2014
Dygeasy: I have a friend who when he sees a pretty girl starts misbehaving.
He starts noticing the kind of clothes or shoes his other male friends are wearing.

Lmao

Now I know why my manager acts cool when he sees me
grin cheesy grin

12 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Dolcilicious(f): 11:49am On Jul 13, 2014

haha geasy gringrin

What about females I bet we behave stupidly when around handsome guys and exhibit talents we dint recognise we have cheesycheesy

20 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Dygeasy(m): 11:50am On Jul 13, 2014
Dolcilicious:
haha geasy gringrin

What about females I bet we behave stupidly when around handsome guys and exhibit talents we dint recognise we have cheesycheesy
But I haven't seen you misbehave stupidly around me tongue

1 Like

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Dolcilicious(f): 11:55am On Jul 13, 2014
Dygeasy: But I haven't seen you misbehave stupidly around me tongue
Maybe because i dont consider u handsome sexually tongue

30 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Dygeasy(m): 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
Dolcilicious:
hian!

4 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by papindinho(m): 12:01pm On Jul 13, 2014

very true of some guys @bolded...
Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by nikkypearl(f): 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2014

grin smh
Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Dygeasy(m): 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
nikkypearl:
grin smh
It's an annoying animalistic behaviour.

The guy might say "DYG, how far? Why your shoe dirty like this? You been dey find work since morning?"

gringrin

15 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
Yes very true this make me remember the time I was traveling to East.There was this three guys at the back of my seat with chilled and sealed Magic Mowel and immediately I boarded the bus we became friend and started gist making noise and all sort of racist hoping to join them in drinking of that Magic Mowel to make the sweety adorable and nobody was behind me on the seat then.There came this beautiful and pretty girl,she was like an angel everybody attentions were caught by this girl was like never seen such creature in life she smelled rosey........the girl look around inside the bus and the only place she choose was behind me.......o boy I start feeling like ye God why me"at this point I know have missed the shayo things as planned cox I no want messed up,immediately I bone like innocent man no more talking and shouting,the journey began yes those boy no look face them don summon courage dey drink na so this girl face me and ask in angel voice "pls where are we now"?o boy I don't meet I just composed myself and answered in a gentleman way,my brother till we rach Owerri I no talk anything way go make me look stupid for this girl side all bcoz I get something at the back of my mind........At the end I was able to get her number and pin....hmmmm still dey roma till date o.

41 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2014
Dygeasy: It's an annoying animalistic behaviour.

The guy might say "DYG, how far? Why your shoe dirty like this? You been dey find work since morning?"

gringrin

Lol. That's true..

One of my friends used to behave like that.. Had to stop talking to him when his gf is there

3 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by SpaceGoat: 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
see this type of thing is getting out hand angry .to us playas this is jst too silly , ever time i tell my fellow male guys click this thread to know playa colds they think it joke when in true this colds are the secrect of we playa we dont want you to know out there, see what happen nw angry .. anyway if you re really serious of your date life and relationship or you want to be a playa like me click here pleas https://www.nairaland.com/1791752/does-well-around-girl-secret

3 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by ggrin(f): 10:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
Dolcilicious:
wah bout me

1 Like

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by TRADELYN: 10:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
WoW...interesting!

Well, Get FREE intimate wash from us.

If interested, please see our profile for the contact details or learn more here: https://www.nairaland.com/1793353/intimate-wash-product-side-effects
Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
dytbabe:

Lmao

grin cheesy grin

You mean your bar manager ?

Do you tend bars ?

7 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
Boys become extra cautious around beautiful girls.

Ladies become extra cautious around handsome guys though some ladies don't give shyyte. Those in secure relationships who naturally are not oliver twists.

Woman has to be extra pretty for me to notice but that doesn't change any of my behaviours around you. Nah hungry man go dey act for babe to notice am. Girls have an eye for quality though some of them can be swindled with fakeness.

I was watching one guy inside bank the other day. The girl that walked into the counting room is very young but too beautiful. She looked like a picture culled from the internet. Her asset had no rivalry. Nah so this cash officer just come dey behave nice to all the staff inside the counting room. I laugh for my mind since we have been there already.

10 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
SpaceGoat: see this type of thing is getting out hand angry .to us playas this is jst too silly , ever time i tell my fellow male guys click this thread to know playa colds they think it joke when in true this colds are the secrect of we playa we dont want you to know out there, see what happen nw angry .. anyway if you re really serious of your date life and relationship or you want to be a playa like me click here pleas https://www.nairaland.com/1791752/does-well-around-girl-secret

Space Goat how far ?

1 Like

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Agybabe(f): 11:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
I'm guity sha! wink
Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Bigsteveg(m): 11:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
dytbabe:

Lmao

grin cheesy grin

Upload ur picture make we see cool

7 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by OohMpa: 11:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
Agybabe: I'm guity sha! wink

*checks dp*

Guilty of what? with these your böobs wey dey use iron press undecided

16 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Agybabe(f): 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
OohMpa:

*checks dp*

Please get a job

11 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by OohMpa: 1:38am On Jul 14, 2014
Agybabe:

Please get a job

Ooh Mpa can provide you with one though most jobs will be off the table. Na only model fit dey for you since bwests no be the problem

E be like say you go feed your pikin SMA gold, ooh Mpa doubts if you can lactate

By the way, aren't push up bras meant to try show say you get some bwest and not chest? cry

14 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Bigsteveg(m): 9:44am On Jul 14, 2014
OohMpa:

*checks dp*

R O T F L M A O

15 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Sijioke(m): 12:46am On Jul 16, 2014

boys misbehave when they see their crush staring at them.

2 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
you are talking about boys here, not men, boys behave when they see women, but women behave when they see real men. cool

10 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by dotcomnamename: 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
Wetin Concern me?

Meanwhile, Mesut Ozil has donated his €350,000 World Cup bonus to the Children of Gaza.

30 Likes

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by ireke(m): 2:36pm On Jul 16, 2014
Yeah. Until they sleep with them

1 Like

Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
My own research says: "Players behave better when around beautiful women." I'm ready to challenge them on a debate.
Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by ebullientV(m): 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
I beg to disagree...
Re: Men Behave Better When Around Beautiful Women by iceberylin(m): 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
wish all women are beautiful, men would v been in their Best Behavior.cheesy

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner / MEN SEE What Trámadol Don't Want You To Know On Curing PE, Sex, Last Long in Bed / How Do I Make This Girl Stop Feeling Intimidated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.