Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,418 members, 7,839,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! (24647 Views)

Elajoe Is Wack / Illbliss Is Wack / Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by ggrin(f): 1:03pm On Jul 24, 2014
Dorobucci Video Is Wack! He Should Have Let Kemi Adetiba Or Clarence Peters Direct ‘Dorobucci’ Video
Just when we were almost giving up, Mavin Records released the video for hit single/street anthem, Dorobucci.

The musical video of the song which features Mavin boss, Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, Dr Sid, D’Prince, Korede Bello, Di’Ja and Reekado Banks, was premiered yesterday.The video was directed by Nick Roux of Molotov Cocktail Productions in South Africa.

In my opinion I feel Kemi Adetiba or Clarence Peters should have directed the video – I fell in love with Kemi after watching the ‘Onye’ video which features Waje, Tiwa Savage and Bryan Okwara, it’s HILARIOUS! The video was refreshing…was such a good diversion from skimpy clad folks we are always bombarded with. You can watch the video HERE, if you haven’t seen it.

Now back to Dorobucci!
Considering how much I love the song, I had high expectations for the video but oh well, i wasn’t impressed.

Don Jazzy should NEVER use that director again (he messed this song up), the video lacked that ENERGY and dance moves.

Someone who saw the video with me said “It had no story line, too much flash and extravagance. I would never understand why our top artistes keep using white girls to show they have money or to illustrate their wealth. Do you see white guys use black girls? Why not invest in African women? You don’t need a whole continent to feature in your video. They just killed the video…”

Another colleague said “I expected more, Don jazzy needs to know its not about how flashy or expensive the video is…we need content and meaningful things…what a complete let down, nothing new, why can’t Nigerian musicians be creative..we want fresh and edgy. This was so predictable…it could have been way better, it’s nothing out of the ordinary and some people were there on instagram making us feel as if we where missing out big time because we couldn’t watch it till today…moreover, that scene where Tiwa Savage tasted her ‘hot tea’….was a NO, NO for me – yeah it was funny but …oh please! ”
Don’t get me wrong, I’m (We are) not condemning the video – the picture quality is amazing and I loved how new faces were introduced, but I didn’t exactly FEEL it.

Oh by the way, Korede Bello is really cute, Me love his smile #okbye!

Have you seen the video, what do you think?

42 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
OMG!!!!Am on front page nd FTC,I tank God Almighty for giving me this wonderful xperience,gf tat broke my hart for giving me d inspiration to comment on every thread,God I thank u ooo

9 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
It's not whack just poorly directed and coordinated. I think the newbies to Mavin did a better job than the rest of them. Anyway good video, I give it 3 stars.

8 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by jumainsexy(f): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
100% wack undecided

35 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
Have yall eaten today?

48 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 24, 2014
This OP dey lie sha, what other video(s) is your basis for comparison?

undecided

15 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by hummerwise(m): 6:13pm On Jul 24, 2014
Skelewu video argument re-incarnation

Pple must bring out 1 argument

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Andyblaze: 8:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
angry angry

#BITG

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by princesaam(m): 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
The video is a No for me, I was expecting something better for a good TOP song like that even thou the new member get to be introduce together but still guys. How I so which you guys can make another new video like Davido did on Skelewu videos. Do something interesting on the video please guys or rather put the competition out for people to win in other to get the dancing moves and from their you can create a good better dancing move video.

More comments....

Can't remember when last the South Africa artist go crazy about shooting most of the videos in Nigeria and besides that, it was never about the place but the story behind the songs. Stay in your country and do good music.

Thanks and God bless.

28 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Lorlaahlozz: 2:05am On Jul 26, 2014
What's wack in d video..tho it was below expectation shaa...buh d video is still not wack..just that it was poorly directed

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by NaLaugh: 5:52am On Jul 26, 2014
Not the greatest video on earth, but watchable

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by kentornic: 5:54am On Jul 26, 2014
i wil be back to comment...let me go watch it again on a 9D screen

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Smartsyn(m): 5:54am On Jul 26, 2014
I concur..

That video is below par. It was over-crowded, and poorly directed.

18 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 26, 2014
ok we don hear but Don Jazzy obviously dnt care what u think. @op, whenever u wanna release a video of ur unknown song (u sound lyk a pro already), you can let either Kemi or Clarence Peter direct the video.
For me, i like Dorobucci video. Case closed!!!

49 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 26, 2014
It's not particularly bad;just not particularly good,which is a Disappointment,coming from Mavin.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by seedord247(m): 5:56am On Jul 26, 2014
Its either the song is wack and the video is good or the video is wack and the song sounds good cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by xamuel17(m): 6:00am On Jul 26, 2014
Haven't watched it.. As far am concerned, any music video that doesn't give me erections is rubbish to me smiley

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by zealz4u(m): 6:00am On Jul 26, 2014
I haven't seen it yet
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:00am On Jul 26, 2014
This what you get when a song is so popular that much is expected from the video.....
Look at what happened to Skelewu.
Both videos by SESAN and MOE MUSA were world class.
Even though Davido chose Moe Musa's video,people still wanted something more.
www.alobam.tk

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by shadowwalker101: 6:00am On Jul 26, 2014
I have not seen the video yet
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by SmooshCHN: 6:05am On Jul 26, 2014
Olekumaster: ok we don hear but Don Jazzy obviously dnt care what u think. @op, whenever u wanna release a video of ur unknown song (u sound lyk a pro already), you can let either Kemi or Clarence Peter direct the video.
For me, i like Dorobucci video. Case closed!!!
People like you would just keep making them feel like they are doing their best when they could do better.Real Fans are not slaves, you don't give us shit and expect us to deceive ourselves and smile. We Nigerians should start learning to be sincere abeg. If something's not good, we should contribute to make it better and stop feeling like Village Champions.

47 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 26, 2014
Smartsyn: I concur..
konko ko, eja ni

9 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by dridowu: 6:05am On Jul 26, 2014
To me its just an average video, i always don jazzy (from mohit to mavin) in terms of audio but most of its video are not always classy.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by tsinepa: 6:11am On Jul 26, 2014
The question is must they ve gone to SA to shoot such video...We ve better places here in Nigeria...Flavour Ada Ada didn't leave anywhere yet d video made waves with loads of award...
Am.nt.condemming d video but i would ve preferred a made in Naija tin....

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Badex10(m): 6:12am On Jul 26, 2014
Abeg shut that j0! Some guys will always complain.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by pluto3(m): 6:15am On Jul 26, 2014
its not just a whack but stupid.... Zero moon not even star....mtcheew....

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Diamonddamsel: 6:16am On Jul 26, 2014
Very true i was dissapointed after watching it.Some parts were ok some were just silly like the woman on the ladder her move was odd and the lady playing ball was i cant even explain.Everytg was less than expectation.

11 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 26, 2014
I think they should have dramatized a lil of what doro is all about,like doro moving from pako to doromega superstar, I think the video and the lyrics are not the same.

14 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Swiftboy(m): 6:26am On Jul 26, 2014
grin make I go watch am!
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 26, 2014
SmooshCHN: People like you would just keep making them feel like they are doing their best when they could do better.Real Fans are not slaves, you don't give us shit and expect us to deceive ourselves and smile. We Nigerians should start learning to be sincere abeg. If something's not good, we should contribute to make it better and stop feeling like Village Champions.
real fans? I take it dat am a fake fan then. Pathetic!

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by samnificent(m): 6:29am On Jul 26, 2014
Its nt wack... we expected too much.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

D'banj In-front Of Kanye West's Album Picture / The Richest Nigerian Rapper / Download Serato DJ 1.8.1 Skin For Virtual DJ 8 Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.