Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,138 members, 7,842,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry (2306 Views)

Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates / Nigeria: Our Image Worldwide Is Negative! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Orikinla(m): 10:09pm On Jul 19, 2006
Nigeria now tops the list of countries with the highest number of malnourished children,
http://allafrica.com/stories/200607190187.html
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by shawna(f): 1:31am On Jul 20, 2006
Tell me something i dont know its so sad i wish i could do something to help but i dont know how i can help those poor children cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Seun(m): 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2006
Orikinla: are your children hungry?

Shawna: are you children hungry?

UNICEF wants money. What do you expect them to say? That we are not hungry?
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Rhodalyn(f): 1:21pm On Jul 20, 2006
Of Course they're hungry!!!

the Only thing left IS for them to die Outta hunger! grin
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by DeepSoul(f): 1:23pm On Jul 20, 2006
The saddest thing about is the govt's blind eye to it.

They act like it's non-existent.

All those that form NGOs supposedly to help are only doing so for selfish gains.

Nigerian children are malnourished, not just literally but in every way.

About 800,000 Nigerian children of school age are not in school. Rather, they are seen selling pure water on the streets.

That to me is the height of malnourishment.

How sad!
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Chxta(m): 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2006
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by shawna(f): 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2006
Seun:

First of all i dont have children lol and am pretty sure there are some hungry children in nigerian i wish i could do something for those children and other children around the world who are starving but what can i do am just a kid myself undecided cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Orikinla(m): 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2006
Seun,
I have toured Nigeria and I was a consultant for the Unicef in 1988. I have seen hungry children and as a former refugee child, I can tell you that there are more starving children in Nigeria than well-fed ones in your GRAs.

Go on tour of Mushin, Badiya, Oshodi and other ghettos in Lagos alone and you would be weeping and singing "Save The Children".

I have seen many poor children feeding like dogs on the streets in Lagos alone.

@Shawna,
You can donate to the Unicef in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Oracle(m): 11:42pm On Jul 28, 2006
Well i know that there are poor people everywhere and that there are hungry children too, but i refuse to believe that Nigeria has the highest number of malnourished kids.
this country is rich, we may have had bad leaders and all that but we're not doing badly either, the kids are hungry. Itz not just something that happens in nigeria, it happens everywhere. so please letz not say nigeria has the highest number of those kids.
there are other african countries that can't even feed their adults, talk less of their kids
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by omonozozo(m): 2:19am On Jul 29, 2006
Orikinla: are your children hungry?

Good question Seun. most of this hungry childred you see begging on the streets are not even Nigerians they are from neighboring countries.
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Eurphoria(f): 12:17am On Aug 04, 2006
[/quote][quote author=omonozozo link=topic=18300.msg530201#msg530201 date=1154135996]
Good question Seun. most of this hungry childred you see begging on the streets are not even Nigerians they are from neighboring countries.

And,  good grief, someone started a thread why are Nigerians so backward? this is pathetic.

To the above quotes,so what? what i say?. See this ''it's not happening in my backyard so i will remain blinded to my neighbour's'' is truly sad.

Again WHY ARE NIGERIANS SO BACKWARDS? and damn selfish?

@Orinkila

save your breath. Some people kill the spirit of goodwill in others. Then when the white man decides to do something, thesame people will say ''  what is their business?''  ''they showing us in a bad light''( the like of Geldof and many more) . I tell you Nobody shows the whole continent in a worse light than the Africans themselves. Truly pathetic ways of thinking.
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Seun(m): 12:24am On Aug 04, 2006
I live in Sango Ota and most of the children I come accross are more robust than I was when I was young. The only problem is the abuse their loving parents deliver in the name of "discipline". I often have to close my ears in order not to hear a child next door screaming "mummy please" and getting 24 - 50 strokes of body koboko.
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Eurphoria(f): 12:26am On Aug 04, 2006
Gosh i give up Orinkila you are on your own smiley
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Orikinla(m): 9:00am On Aug 05, 2006
Eurphoria,
There is one model I posted on here and most people did not know why?

I have known her when she was living with her family in the ghetto behind the Idi Oro market in Mushin, Lagos. And the tenement was overcrowded with tenants with hungry children who always came to look for what to eat from the model's family's two rooms apartment.

One of the hungry children I called "Omo Iya Alakara" and he was such a pathetic toddler. And visitng this model was an ordeal for me as I passed through the slums and saw poverety-stricken people living like dogs on the streets.

As a member of the Deeper Christian Life Church, I was made the visitation team leader and house captain, because of my devotion to visiting the poor and sharing the hope of the salvation in Jesus Christ with them. The deplorable conditions of their dwelling places in Shomolu often made me weep and depressed.

May God help us to see beyond our noses.
Amen.
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Eurphoria(f): 10:05pm On Aug 06, 2006
@orinkila

Listen don't let the bad people get you down wink it's refreshing to see someone like you here, truly. I am no angel and you have inspired me to do some thing and i will tell you about it some time soon.

You show compassion for the less fourtunate and thats a good quality , because it is so easy to turn a blind eye(i am guilty of that embarassed) but hey life is a working proogress and i hope you keep doing what you doing in any capacity possible , nothing is too small.

The kids truly break my heart and it doesn't have to be a great number before action is taken, one is enough. Doing something about poverty or needy people does not make one a saint or should not make one sanctimonious. I say this because like many i have faults but if one selfless act is done then it counts for a lot.

Rise above culture,society and spirit killing attitudes
Keep you head up my brother smiley
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Seun(m): 10:32pm On Aug 06, 2006
When I hear people going on and on about starving children in Africa, I wonder why such people are not farmers!

Hungry children are the product of poor parents who are not smart enough to refrain from reproduction. Tackle that.

Such children, if they exist, simply don't know where to find orphanages where they can be fed. Have you ever tried just guiding them to one before? If not, then you have not done enough. Talkers talk and doers do!
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Eurphoria(f): 10:42pm On Aug 06, 2006
[center]Thank God for education[/center]
[center]Thank God for Enlightenment[/center]
[center]Thank God for exposure[/center]
[center]Thank God for common initiative[/center]
[center]Thank God for the ability to overlook small mindedness[/center]
[center]Above all thank God for free will[/center]

Our differences make the world go round, sanctimony is great till circumstance alters one's views in life.

Nuff said
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by omonozozo(m): 12:51am On Aug 07, 2006
And,  good grief, someone started a thread why are Nigerians so backward? this is pathetic.

If you do not know, one of Nigerians problems is that she gives too much to Africa rather than concentrate on itself. you claim Nigeria is selfish; nothing can be further away from the truth. I will not go into how much Naija has given and is still giving to many African countries, including Ghana. But concentrate on the topic at hand. Before I left Naija there was this influx of fake oyibo children everywhere holding your hand, begging for kobo kobo. But nowadays, black ones are coming in, they blend in easily, so you think they are Nigerians. The other day on CNN seven American children were found in Nigeria begging for food. This has to stop.  angry
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Orikinla(m): 9:08pm On Aug 08, 2006
Seun,
Why are the majority of African farmers poor peasants?
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Seun(m): 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2006
The majority of African farmers are not poor peasants. I know a family friend involved in mechanized crop production and poultry farming on a large scale, as well as selling of feed and manure . In Ogun State!
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by Orikinla(m): 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2006
I hope your friend is not Baba Iyabo in Otta? grin
Re: Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry by otokx(m): 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2006
there are some hungry children in nigeria but that they are more in number than in other countries is questionable.

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? / Can Arunma Oteh Arrest Ndidi Onyiuke 4 Corruption & Sleeping With Obj For Favor? / Northern Group Disowns Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.