Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,627 members, 7,840,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

English Words And The Yoruba Translations - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / English Words And The Yoruba Translations (12575 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) / I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

English Words And The Yoruba Translations by kokoye(m): 6:51pm On Oct 23, 2008

Table - tabili

Cough - iko

Motor Car - moto

Shoe - bata (from BATA SHOES)

Spoon - sibi

pant - pata

more ?
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by Morenike3(f): 3:44am On Oct 25, 2008
Just say you want to learn yoruba tongue
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by TOYOSI20(f): 4:03am On Oct 25, 2008
Just say u want to teach Yoruba. . . . . , tongue
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by Morenike3(f): 4:11am On Oct 25, 2008
Oya, come and learn yoruba. your yoruba wey dey jagajaga like oyinbos trying to speak yoruba tongue grin
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by TOYOSI20(f): 4:12am On Oct 25, 2008
Am all ears. . . . and eyes my sister. . . . . tongue wink
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by Morenike3(f): 4:13am On Oct 25, 2008
And where's the $20. . . .$20/hr wink
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by TOYOSI20(f): 4:16am On Oct 25, 2008
$5, . . . . . and we call it a deal. . . . . . tongue
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by Morenike3(f): 4:17am On Oct 25, 2008
Oya, $4 dollars then angry tongue

Nigbawo le fe bere?

I know n-g has your full attention now. make I waka tongue grin
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by TOYOSI20(f): 4:25am On Oct 25, 2008
Lol la. . . is fine. . . . cheesy

N-g. . . . . .nahhh, . . . . .not a gentleman at all. . . . . . don't think so. . . . . . embarassed angry
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by Morenike3(f): 4:27am On Oct 25, 2008
omg. . . . you mean "ola". mehnn, I have a lot of work to do on your yoruba.

Let's start with the basic.

Toyin- beautiful
morenike- sexy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by TOYOSI20(f): 4:28am On Oct 25, 2008
4her= 4him. . . . . . tongue cool
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by Morenike3(f): 4:29am On Oct 25, 2008
Oya, TOYOSI, why na?

forget am, I am not teaching you anymore cry cry
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by TOYOSI20(f): 4:31am On Oct 25, 2008
Abeg auntie wa e ma binu. . . . . kiss

she e ti gbo. . . . . tongue cheesy grin
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by Morenike3(f): 4:32am On Oct 25, 2008
My gosh, so eti n observe me be ye?

Oya, eso fun mi nkan te moh cry cry cry

Plz, it's not what you think, am still available for that your dimples brother grin grin
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by TOYOSI20(f): 4:35am On Oct 25, 2008
E mope walls have eyes. . . . . tongue shocked cool

or IP's. . . . have eyes. . . . . . so to speak. . . .as far as n-g goes he is all urs. . . . . . tongue wink
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by Morenike3(f): 4:36am On Oct 25, 2008
ewww, I mean, no no, not that one o.

You know, I'm learning some things from you.

I really have to watch what I say on NL.

I dnt want a MrMorenike to pop up tongue
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by TOYOSI20(f): 4:38am On Oct 25, 2008
My sis pls respect the man o. . . . wink

U know all these people and their mouth now. . . .i dey dey very careful. . . . . . . lipsrsealed
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by Morenike3(f): 4:40am On Oct 25, 2008
Which man? n-g?

ah ah, I give him to you as a present.
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by TOYOSI20(f): 4:41am On Oct 25, 2008
Ah. . . . . no thanx but no thanx ehn. . . . . . . . shocked cool
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by Morenike3(f): 4:42am On Oct 25, 2008
The fingers type NO the heart beats yes grin grin
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by TOYOSI20(f): 4:44am On Oct 25, 2008
No in this case its vice versa. . . . . . tongue tongue tongue wink
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by Morenike3(f): 4:45am On Oct 25, 2008
ah ah, how can the fingers beat no and the heart type yes? shocked

Love in tokyo. . . .
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by TOYOSI20(f): 4:47am On Oct 25, 2008
No na love in Mushin. . . . . . tongue

Am wierd like that. . . . . ,
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by Morenike3(f): 4:53am On Oct 25, 2008
I think I know you're weird tongue

Digging up my old IDs. . . .scared me sha tongue

I keep hearing mushin, where is that? undecided
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by TOYOSI20(f): 4:56am On Oct 25, 2008
I think its in Lagos. . . . . smiley

Not diggin' nothing. . . o. . . . tongue

Just keeping ma eyez open. . . . . .that's all. . . . . . tongue
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by Morenike3(f): 4:57am On Oct 25, 2008
It's ok sha. wink

[size=5pt]Evacuating! Changing IP address! Closing doors and windows tongue[/size]
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by TOYOSI20(f): 4:59am On Oct 25, 2008
lmao. . . . . . grin
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by pinkncaramel: 7:00pm On Sep 01, 2010
wat is the meaning of olurun ma komi yoo o lowo enni to n sho ni ti a ko so o
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by SAKUR: 10:55pm On Sep 01, 2010
Can anyone tell me the meaning of Olalekan in English?
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by daylae(m): 9:47am On Sep 02, 2010
You guys made it as complex as possible.
Re: English Words And The Yoruba Translations by mollyben: 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2010
@pinkncaramel, ur sentence means May God deliver me from one who watches me (usually for evil) without my knowledge.

@sakur, d full meaning is olamilekan which means my wealth has increased by one, more like extra wealth.

(1) (Reply)

Ishan/esan Names / The Social And Cultural Implications Of Living In The West / Please! How Do You Say "That Girl Is Sexy" In Yoruba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.