Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,268 members, 7,853,324 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:22 PM

Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. (24633 Views)

Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep / EFCC Arrests 25 Prominent Nigerians Over $2billion Arms Purchase Scandal / EFCC Arrests Attahiru Bafarawa Over Arms Purchase Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 18, 2014
EdCure: Wıth the kınd of well thought critical comments up there, the mods will never send this topic to front page.
its on front page already!
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by bist: 7:12am On Sep 18, 2014
Noted!!!
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by alaladakosta(f): 7:12am On Sep 18, 2014
Lol
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by benedictac(f): 7:13am On Sep 18, 2014
pls I don't understand this FG oh. Are they saying the Americans have absolute powers over all the govt of all nations? Jonaaa all these things u are doing dia ris God o

6 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by zicoraads: 7:14am On Sep 18, 2014
Oh well...guess this is better than nothing. Sadly, they may have a point. The SA police got tipped by someone, an annonymous powerful someone.

6 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by amanze15(m): 7:14am On Sep 18, 2014
Private companies make weapons for the US, private US companies run arms across the world, why won't dey sell to U?!, nigeria=joke

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:15am On Sep 18, 2014
Illegal deal gone sour. And the fact is that we will never know the truth.never

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 18, 2014
LOL. Nigerians blame every other person for their problems except themselves.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by nifton(m): 7:16am On Sep 18, 2014
studio14: soon none will opt for arms and ammunition again, instead we will be looking for farm implement.
Eagerly waiting for such time.

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Philipmems(m): 7:17am On Sep 18, 2014
But Russia and China sell state of the art/ sophisticated arms everyday to everybody why didn't they explore that option knowing well that China and Russia don't give a damn about the US. I d love to believe you but I will pass undecided undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by datguru: 7:17am On Sep 18, 2014
I thought APC is to be blamed undecided?

7 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by DollyParton1(f): 7:17am On Sep 18, 2014
Gosh...... am ashamed of this government.
They lack adequate sense, even their lies get k-leg.

6 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by dhardline(m): 7:17am On Sep 18, 2014
The truth will surely come out

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by gulfer: 7:20am On Sep 18, 2014
Demdem: Foolish govt with their world class lies.
If America no gree, Russia nko?
Are they insinuating that America also blocked Russia from selling arms to Nigeria?
Foolish set of people.
Abi o, or even almighty China. These guys can lie angry angry angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:20am On Sep 18, 2014
I will always support my country through thick and thin, but this...this is just plain ridiculous.
yeah, the man made some points when he said the US has been scuttling some arms purchase deals. Nigeria tried to buy some Apaches from Israel but the US wrecked that deal.
I don't understand why a sovereign country like ours should play the underdog to another country. if US says we shouldn't purchase deals from their allies, we have other countries like Russia and China who would sell to us.
these guys don dey vex me small small

10 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Iceking1(m): 7:20am On Sep 18, 2014
I dey even dey tink say i go see beta comments like strong insults on d americans mtchewwwww... I nor knw say sum APC= ALL PAST CRIMINALS, E-fools go still bring poilties 4 d issue... Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by khafrahdante(m): 7:21am On Sep 18, 2014
texaco1: This doesn't make any sense. There are countries and many arms dealers that will sell arms to nigeria without the approval of the americans. If this deal was between sa government and the fg,why do they need to pay in cash? A simple bank transfer would have prevented all these problems .why carry cash from nigeria is a private charter flight to sa without any single govt representative to purchase arms for nigeria and without even notifying the sa goovt of your arrival if truly they are waiting and expecting you

It doesnt work that way my friend.Black market arms deal cannot be done via bank cable transfer.Dont you know transactions are monitored?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 18, 2014
I'm not believing this news a 100%. But what if it's true?

Y'all shouting lies!!! Put the sentiment aside and try to see things from different angles.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by EdCure: 7:21am On Sep 18, 2014
berem: its on front page already!
I see.
Good the TAN moröns didn't wake up early to litter this post with their nauseating stupidıty.

8 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by asala1: 7:22am On Sep 18, 2014
This excuse is quite lame. ISIS, Boko Haram, etc., are getting arms to terrorise humanity. Is it a country like Nigeria that will find it difficult to get arms to fight terrorists?

13 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by ugeezee(m): 7:22am On Sep 18, 2014
Lies upon lies.
How foolish does these guys think we are

6 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 18, 2014
The USA continues to see Nigeria as a threat to its interest in the whole of Africa and right from the onset I was 100% sure that America will not allow Nigeria get high tech ammunition to quench boko haram which is been suspected as their creation like al quaeda and Isis.

Nigeria should struck a deal with China and Russia via the black market for arms purchase. The USA doesn't have the interest of Nigeria at heart. All these sweet talks are just to deceive the gullible, behind the curtain they show their true colors.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by khafrahdante(m): 7:24am On Sep 18, 2014
Unfortunately for those who dont believe in the Nigerian state, I believe this story. If America predicts, it will do anything within its powers to make it come true.Stop livong in an illussion and come to reality people. America is capable of destroying anyone or anything that stands a threath.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 18, 2014
EdCure:
I see.
Good the TAN moröns didn't wake up early to litter this post with their nauseating stupidıty.
you can say that again! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Baawaa(m): 7:24am On Sep 18, 2014
Firstly,who of the spoke men said this Jonathan is a disaster to this country.

4 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by ihedinobi2: 7:25am On Sep 18, 2014
I actually find this somewhat believable. I'm pretty sure that buying arms from Russia could severely strain our relationship with America. It may be less severe with China but there is a question of China's own self-interest.

America can block arms trade with another party by threatening either some interest of Nigeria's or some interest of the selling country. It's not like they lack the ability to do so. Some countries can call their bluff but how many really can? And of those who can, what else besides hard currency would it cost Nigeria to buy from them? If the sellers are few, Nigeria's bargaining power drops significantly.

Also, the human rights claim is not unbelievable. We ourselves complain a lot about how the armed forces from the police force all the way up to the intelligence operatives disregard human life and simply use their martial training to mete out any treatment that suits them to people they feel threatened by or simply find intolerable somehow.

Altogether, this is a believable story, I think. Not saying it's absolutely true. That's just what I think.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Ngwakwe: 7:25am On Sep 18, 2014
Yet to see an logical and intelligent contribution so far.

Antagonism is truly an obstacle to analytical reasoning.

So easy to predict 90% contributions/comments.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by khafrahdante(m): 7:26am On Sep 18, 2014
asala1: This excuse is quite lame. ISIS, Boko Haram, etc., are getting arms to terrorise humanity. Is it a country like Nigeria that will find it difficult to get arms to fight terrorists?

Yes because Nigeria believes in legitimacy incase you dont know.We might be corrupt indoors but outdoors we do what is right

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by khafrahdante(m): 7:27am On Sep 18, 2014
ihedinobi2: I actually find this somewhat believable. I'm pretty sure that buying arms from Russia could severely strain our relationship with America. It may be less severe with China but there is a question of China's own self-interest.

America can block arms trade with another party by threatening either some interest of Nigeria's or some interest of the selling country. It's not like they lack the ability to do so. Some countries can call their bluff but how many really can? And of those who can, what else besides hard currency would it cost Nigeria to buy from them? If the sellers are few, Nigeria's bargaining power drops significantly.

Also, the human rights claim is not unbelievable. We ourselves complain a lot about how the armed forces from the police force all the way up to the intelligence operatives disregard human life and simply use their martial training to mete out any treatment that suits them to people they feel threatened by or simply find intolerable somehow.

Altogether, this is a believable story, I think. Not saying it's absolutely true. That's just what I think.
I CONCUR

4 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kackar22: 7:28am On Sep 18, 2014
Pls can they name this man called ''nigerian officialls ''so we can question or hold him by his words.is it Ruben or okukpe or madam chai...

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by slap1(m): 7:28am On Sep 18, 2014
This is not an official statement. I suspect the FG released fund for a proper purchase of ammunition but the messengers (top military officers ) decided on buying from the black market, a move which has now backfired.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by olaeffect(m): 7:30am On Sep 18, 2014
wow, this is classic and bold. Still watching, something was just telling me not to make any comment since all this started.

America will know, over to you, we await your response?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

FG Recovers $14million From Jide Omokore's Firm - Premium Times / Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals / "No Cold War Between Tinubu And Aregbesola" - Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.