Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,874 members, 7,841,284 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner (28451 Views)

Abiodun Alao Lectures At King’s College University Of London / Queen's College Lagos Teacher, Seni Oshifala, In Alleged Sexual Harassment Mess / Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
This is the reason I hate nairaland,seun keep bringing rubbish to front page
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by mama2twinsbolaj(f): 9:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
grin grin
Akshow: How does he hear what people say with all this clothe over his head? Heat no dey catch am?
Abi o.
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by macof(m): 10:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
Floreat to all Kcobs in the House cool

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by macof(m): 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
UyiIredia: Floreat! Though I must say KC's main campus isn't looking good. It's too congested.

Are u a Kcob?

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
nagoma:

If there was Justice - Jonathan and the whole of his cabinet should have kirikiri as their permanent home - and that would be a mild punishment.
well they're enjoying the immunity which their office gives them.
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
nagoma:

Your own chiefs walk naked , so you will never know the value of clothing.
my own chief?
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by iamord(m): 11:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
Proudly KCOB!!! Shout out to all my kings men!! Floreat!!

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by chic2pimp(m): 11:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
UyiIredia: Floreat! Though I must say KC's main campus isn't looking good. It's too congested.

There are ongoing plans for the refurbishment of some of the buildings. The KCOBA are really putting in the work here If I might say.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by iamord(m): 11:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
macof:

Are u a Kcob?

I should be asking u the same question
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by NAJALYN: 11:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
Kano has a thief for Emir. What a shame.
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by macof(m): 11:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
iamord:

I should be asking u the same question

Lmao. I am o

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
dominicson:
I have a money-making machine for sale

You can be funny.
I trust you are well bro.
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by iamord(m): 11:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
macof:

Lmao. I am o

So cool!! Just look how kc boys are repping all ova.. I am too.. Which set pls?
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by zika1(f): 12:20am On Sep 25, 2014
King's college everywia #tiring. Queen's college shld beta hurry so we can also post. #Passonthetorch
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by wallex1983(m): 4:34am On Sep 25, 2014
kinggsammy: SANUSI LAMIDO IS D MOST VISITING EMIR, EVERYHWERE SANUSI..IS HE A SOCIAL EMIR?

I've said this before on another thread. That palace in Kano cannot contain him. He has probably walked all the nooks and crannies of †ђξ palace. †ђξ guy iڪ a 'walkaholic'. Restricting him to a palace iڪ like imprisonment to him
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by Yemmynaira(m): 6:18am On Sep 25, 2014
Why not lEArn tO tAlk with decency
Why the media hype behind this man? Is he the only monarch in Nigeria

Oh I see,he is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi,the man that had issues with GEJ and went on to become Emir of Kano in a dubious manner

Much respect belongs to GEJ,who is actually in the arena ,whose face is marred by dust,sweat and blood who knows the great enthusiasms,the great devotions and spends himself in worthy cause,who at best,if he wins ,knows the thrills of high achievement ,and it he fails ,at least fails daring greatly,so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory not defeat.

[/quote]
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by DTaj: 8:50am On Sep 25, 2014
Billyonaire: Showing off every minute as if he is not educated. A so called educated man that headed CBN all of a sudden thinks being a local Emir of Kano is a bigger deal, enough to show off. Education is much more than going to school.

It is the exact opposite; you are the dumb person here! Sanusi is an old boy of Kings College Lagos and an active member of the association (and the EXCO) before he assumed public service roles. If attending an event organized by one's old classmates is 'show-off' then one should just give up on you and your self-delusion!

And what stops a Prince becoming proud of assuming the throne of his forefathers? Ask most princes (and well educated ones too), they will tell you that the most important thing in their entire lives is to assume the throne! It was on record that Oba Olashore and Emir Sulu-Gambari said this much when asked how thrilled they were about ascending their individual thrones!

If you know Nigerian history (or African history) so well, you will never write this about the Kano stool: 'one being a local Emir of Kano is a bigger deal'. It appears your hate for Sanusi has beclouded your self of reasoning and self-worth. Let it go, man- unbridled hatred does not pay, lol...

See the long list of well educated and accomplished people who went back to their communities/villages/towns (some places without public electricity!) to become Kings:

Oba Oladele Olashore of Iloko-Ijesha, FCCA, FCA, FCIS, FCIB, FNIM, FIoD, etc, etc (respected banker, former MD of First Bank Plc, Board rom guru, proud product of Offa Grammar School, Director of Banking Supervision and Chief Bank Examiner at CBN, founder of Lead Bank Plc and Olashore International School); his village, Iloko-Ijesha, had no electricity when he assumed the throne

Ooni Sijuwade Olubuse of Ile-Ife (accomplished foreign-based businessman)

Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari of Ilorin (eminent jurist and retired Judge of the Court of Appeal, proud product of Offa Grammar School)

Eze (Prof.) Green Nwakwo (Past President of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria-CIBN, Eze Ohazurume I, Aro Amuro, retired banker, University don, and a former Director of CBN)

Alhaji Ado Ibrahim, Ohinoyi of Okene (BSc. Statistics of the London School of Economics, Harvard MBA holder, an accomplished, well respected businessman)

Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar, Etsu Nupe (a retired army Colonel, Nigeria's defense attaché in Egypt)

Emir Ado Bayero of Kano (former diplomat and Nigerian ambassador)

Sultan Saa'd Abubakar of Sokoto (retired General of the Nigerian army, Nigeria's military attaché in Pakistan)

Da Jacob Gyang-Buba, Gbong Gwom Jos (immediate past Comptroller General of the Nigeria Customs)

Alhaji Samaila Muhammad Mera, Emir of Argungu (trained civil engineer, forrmer Chief Engineer- Project and Design, former Commissioner)

Emir Rilwanu Suleiman Adamu of Bauchi (Building Technology graduate, former senior staff of Nigeria Ports Authority and Nigeria Sao Tome & Principe Joint Development)

Emir Muhammad Idrissa of Fika (North Staffordshire University graduate, M.Sc. Sociology of City University London)

Shehu Abubakar El-Kanemi of Borno (retired Permanent Secretary in the Ministries of Finance, Works and Housing and Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs)

Emir Abubakar of Gombe (seasoned administrator, retired as Permanent Secretary, and two-term Member of the National University Commission, NUC)

Emir Muhammadu Sani Sami of Zuru (retired Major General of the Nigerian Army)

Emir Muhammad Iliyasu Bashar of Gwandu (retired Major General, former Chairman of the New Nigerian Development Company Limited-NNDC)

Emir Nuhu Muhammad Sanusi of Dutse (graduate of Accounting and Economics, credited with the building of one of the biggest golf courses in West Africa, covering about 125 hectares with a lake)

Emir Mohammed Ibrahim of Suleja (former elected Governor of Niger State, 1979-1983)

Emir Ahmed Sani II of Gumel (graduate of Ohio University, USA, Masters degree in International Relations at the same University)

Emir Najib Adamu of Kazaure (trained lawyer, retired as Deputy Director Legal Services of the Petroleum Development Trust Fund- PTDF)

His Highness Alfred Akawe Torkula, Tor Tiv (accomplished senior civil servant, Commissioner for Local Government Affairs for two terms in Benue State)

Ochi-Idoma Agabaidu Elias Ikoyi Obekpa of Idoma Land, Benue (M.Sc Business Analyses and Management,
Arthur D. Little School of Management, Cambridge Massachusetts, USA, Director of Tax Administration, Chairman/Chief Executive of Benue State Board of Internal Revenue)

Oba Adedokun Abolarin, Aroyinkeye I, Orangun of Oke-Ila (accomplished legal practitioner and Principal Partner of Dokun Abolarin & Co., Company Secretary to Tell Publications, Pacific Holdings, Peachtree Communications Ltd, Sportsmark International, Springtime Development Foundation, etc)

Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona, Anikinaiya 1 Ogbagba of Ijebu Land (UK trained Accountant, asumed the throne as a 26 year old, clocked 80 last May!)

Oba Michael Adeniyi Sonariwo Erinjugbo II, Akarigbo of Remo Land (FCA, England-trained accountant, senior official of FIRS)

THE LIST IS ENDLESS!

PLEASE QUIT THE OBSESSION WITH (AND INEXPLICABLE HATRED FOR) SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI! HE IS ALREADY WELL ACCOMPLISHED, FACE YOUR OWN LIFE AND BECOME A REAL MAN WORTHY OF ANY HONOUR!!!

4 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by jamaicabakare(m): 9:23am On Sep 25, 2014
natureblack: So,what's the big deal

Why the media hype behind this man? Is he the only monarch in Nigeria

Oh I see,he is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi,the man that had issues with GEJ and went on to become Emir of Kano in a dubious manner

Much respect belongs to GEJ,who is actually in the arena ,whose face is marred by dust,sweat and blood who knows the great enthusiasms,the great devotions and spends himself in worthy cause,who at best,if he wins ,knows the thrills of high achievement ,and it he fails ,at least fails daring greatly,so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory not defeat.

why are u this daft Must u always asslick GEJ.....or wetin Sanusi do u self...? Person attend normal function u dey vex 4 am...... Sha...it's not too late 4 u and GEJ to go and enrol @ d school......mtcheeewwwww

Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by LeStylo: 9:57am On Sep 25, 2014
You gotta luv HRH SLS. Miss those bow ties smiley
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by DTaj: 10:20am On Sep 25, 2014
OTHER MAJOR EXAMPLES (FOR BIGOTS LIKE YOU, billyonaire):

Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo, Alake of Egbaland (retired Colonel of the Nigerian Army, a Principal Staff Officer to Major-General Tunde Idiagbon)

Edidem Bassey Ekpo Bassey II, Obong of Calabar (UNN trained journalist, worked in Nigerian Chronicle, The Punch, Newbreed magazine and The Call, Vice-President of the Nigerian Union of Journalists- NUJ, National PublicityDirector of the defunct Nigerian Peoples Party, Head of the Directorate for Literacy, Chairman of Calabar Municipal Council on Social Democratic Party-SDP platform, National Vice Chairman South-South for the Alliance for Democracy- AD, Chairman of Cobham Town Combined Council Cross River State)

Omo n'Oba n'Edo Uku Akpolokpolo Erediauwa I of Benin (proud product of Government College Ibadan, Yaba College, King's College Cambridge trained lawyer and administrator, retired as Federal Permanent Secretary Ministry of Health, Regional Representative of Gulf Oil, Commissioner for Finance in Bendel State during General George Agbazika Innih's reign,

Alfred Papapreye Diete-Spiff, Amayanabo of Twon-Brass, Bayelsa State (the first Governor of Rivers State after it was created from part of the old Eastern Region in 1967, member of the Supreme Military Council, educated at St. Joseph’s College, Western Cameroon and Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth, England, joined the Nigerian Navy and commissioned ships diving officer, was a Naval Lieutenant Commander aged 25, National Chairman of the Nigerian Association of Auctioneers)

Edmund Maduabebe Daukoru, Amayanabo of Nembe, Bayelsa State (Ph.D in Geology from Imperial College London, former Presidential Advisor on Petroleum and Energy, Minister of State for Energy, President of Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries-OPEC, Chief Geologist and later General Manager Exploration at Shell International Petroleum Company, later became Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation- NNPC)

Igwe Kenneth Onyeneke Orizu III, the 17th Obi of Otolo and Igwe of Nnewi (educated at the popular Hope Waddell College, was a Representative of the then Eastern Nigerian Outlook Group of newspapers in the defunct Eastern Region, Kano-based businessman)

Oba Raufu Olayiwola Olawale Adedeji, Akinrun of Ikirun (retired banker and accomplished businessman)

Oba Adesimbo Victor Kiladejo Adenrele Ademefun Kiladejo (Jilo III) Osemaw of Ondo Kingdom (B.Sc Health Sciences OAU Ife, MBBS Ife, University of Liverpool post-graduate studies in Reproductive Health, Medical Director Ondo State Health Management Board, established a private medical practice, Kiladejo Hospitals Group in Lagos)

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by FindOut(m): 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
;;;;
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by FindOut(m): 1:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
Billyonaire: Showing off every minute as if he is not educated. A so called educated man that headed CBN all of a sudden thinks being a local Emir of Kano is a bigger deal, enough to show off. Education is much more than going to school.

Maybe you don't know this, but that "Local Emir" is more brilliant, more intelligent and commands more respect from the international community than your President GEJ and that will continue to be the case even if he stays till 2027. This is a man who has spoken at forums filled with bright minds and received standing ovations.

Of course you do know this, but your hatred, bigotry and penchant for deceit (all for GEJ2019 as if the world ends in 2019) keeps getting in the way of logical reasoning....assuming you are capable of that.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by natureblack(m): 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
[quote author=jamaicabakare][/quote]nigga,what are you saying

Try post a comprehendible comment and we just might share ideas.But until then,keep moving straight ahead and don't veer over into my post.

#shush
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by Niiade(m): 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
Spero Lucem
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by UyiIredia(m): 3:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
macof:

Are u a Kcob?
Yeah. I finished in 2006.
Re: Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner by adeswagsdmj(m): 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
i met him in kingscollege he shaked hyde johnson boys i knw dat d day wen am bak in k.c i wud do d same d guy hand soft sha ;Di met him in kingscollege he shaked hyde johnson boys i knw dat d day wen am bak in k.c i wud do d same d guy hand soft sha

floreat 2009set

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNIZIK Staff Drowns At Trig Point Hotel Nibo Amidst Confusion / Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) / 2019 UTME: JAMB Speaks On Cut-off Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.