Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / . (1636 Views)

Npower Not Worth It / Top 80 Highest Paying Jobs With No University Degree - Is University Overrated? / Is University Of Ibadan Recruiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by livingstone2013: 4:04pm On Jan 01, 2015

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 01, 2015
livingstone2013:
In the morning, I sat on my bed and thinking if university education is still worth it in present Nigeria. I am a graduate who had a good grade (2.1) from a reputable federal university. Despite that, I am jobless for a year now. I passed several tests and interviews, yet no job. A lot of my friends who learnt handiwork and ignore university education are doing well. They are financially sufficient and have a business doing well for them. While as a graduate, I am struggling to feed twice a day. I am broke and unemployed. And I know a lot of my graduates who are in my shoe too. So, I wonder if our investment in university education in modern Nigeria is worth it.

Cause many graduates are worse off compared to the artisan who learnt handiwork in Nigeria.
. You don't have to give up now u will smile someday first tell what course did u study let start from there
Re: . by livingstone2013: 4:35pm On Jan 01, 2015
I studied Economics from OAU, Ife.
Re: . by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:47pm On Jan 01, 2015
Life is hard in Nigeria. It's not your fault but when lifr throws lemons at you, catch them and make lemonade out of them

1 Like

Re: . by Jamzig1(m): 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2015
when the labour market fails you...entrepreneurship is d next option
Re: . by noordean(m): 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2015
livingstone2013:
In the morning, I sat on my bed and thinking if university education is still worth it in present Nigeria. I am a graduate who had a good grade (2.1) from a reputable federal university. Despite that, I am jobless for a year now. I passed several tests and interviews, yet no job. A lot of my friends who learnt handiwork and ignore university education are doing well. They are financially sufficient and have a business doing well for them. While as a graduate, I am struggling to feed twice a day. I am broke and unemployed. And I know a lot of my graduates who are in my shoe too. So, I wonder if our investment in university education in modern Nigeria is worth it. Cause many graduates are worse off compared to the artisan who learnt handiwork in Nigeria.
University education is not worth it my broda,datz d bitter truth. jst b prayerful n b hopeful and one day,u will hit ur luck. At d same time try to find sometin dat can add more value to u.
Re: . by kennynelcon(m): 9:42pm On Jan 01, 2015
My bro, University Education is the best/right foundation here in Nigeria. I believe that when you make it (Which I'm sure of ), your friends who are artisans will look up to you. Just have a little faith n grind well.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 01, 2015
livingstone2013:
I studied Economics from OAU, Ife.
ok cool can you be a trainer for business analytic for a big coy in Lagos send me a pm so that i can get your resume...you have to prove your 2.1...cheers
Re: . by roughdiamond(m): 11:25pm On Jan 01, 2015
Honestly,education is over-rated in Nigeria.What's the need to be imprisoned for 4/5 years&no job after your freedom.Can't just imagine myself begging my younger brother who started business in less than 4months money in the name of student.And after all the sufering&waisting much money on tuition,one still stays at home in the name of no job.Met a friend who graduated since 2004&no job till today.#too bad
Re: . by LaurelP(m): 11:59pm On Jan 01, 2015
roughdiamond:
Honestly,education is over-rated in Nigeria.What's the need to be imprisoned for 4/5 years&no job after your freedom.Can't just imagine myself begging my younger brother who started business in less than 4months money in the name of student.And after all the sufering&waisting much money on tuition,one still stays at home in the name of no job.Met a friend who graduated since 2004&no job till today.#too bad

I also know a guy who graduated since 2006 and is still jobless.
I neva wanted to say it but dis your own gave me impetus
Re: . by livingstone2013: 8:44am On Jan 02, 2015
@image5, can you please forward your company mail address to my email; omoaka4life@gmail.com
so that i can forward my resume to you.
Re: . by livingstone2013: 8:44am On Jan 02, 2015
@image5, can you please forward your company mail address to my email; omoaka4life@gmail.com or to my phone number.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 02, 2015
livingstone2013:
@image5, can you please forward your company mail address to my email; omoaka4life@gmail.com or to my phone number.
have seen your pm and I reply back relax and watch God do his miracle send me ur cv
Re: . by obiak4(m): 10:05am On Jan 02, 2015
bro university education is worth it because it gives you the ability to think things out for your self,I too am a graduate in fact when I was in school I had this high hope of making it big time 1year down the line nothing just had to hustle to make ends meet
bro keep the faith for one day heaven will smile at you and keep off bad company

2 Likes

Re: . by obinna2nv(m): 11:02am On Jan 02, 2015
Same here too! I'm a Second Class Upper Graduate from FUTO, read Environmental Technology, but since I concluded my NYSC, no job!! Its getting me down seriously, am beginning to get disillusioned.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
I weep for my country! I was in dis condition some months ago, I almost commit suicide b4 God intervene and bless me with my current job, not a big one though but it help keep body n soul together. Just bliv U can make. Above all, pray cos 2 b sincere it was fervent prayers dat help me.
Re: . by Femzy900(m): 12:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
Personally,I don‘t think university education is worth it! I can imagine the ‘pain‘ one must have passed through to obtain a degree(B.sc,B.Ed...) only to graduate and become unemployed. Is it worth the time? no! is it worth the stress? no! If only a meagre percentage of graduates in Nigeria get employed yearly,then it‘s not worth it!
Re: . by Shori(m): 1:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
It‘s not worth it... It‘s really depressing to remain unemployed even after crossing the hurdle of jamb and post-ume,rigorous lectures,series of strike... It‘s a Nigeria where a certificate is just a ‘piece of paper‘!
Re: . by noordean(m): 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
Shori:
It‘s not worth it... It‘s really depressing to remain unemployed even after crossing the hurdle of jamb and post-ume,rigorous lectures,series of strike... It‘s a Nigeria where a certificate is just a ‘piece of paper‘!
and dat paper is overrated in ds country
Re: . by eph12(m): 3:41am On Jan 03, 2015
Asked myself this same question too months back and my answer was NO!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: . by cocoduck: 6:18am On Jan 03, 2015
livingstone2013:
In the morning, I sat on my bed and thinking if university education is still worth it in present Nigeria. I am a graduate who had a good grade (2.1) from a reputable federal university. Desp
ite that, I am jobless for a year now. I passed several tests and interviews, yet no job. A lot of my friends who learnt handiwork and ignore university education are doing well. They are financially sufficient and have a business doing well for them. While as a graduate, I am struggling to feed twice a day. I am broke and unemployed. And I know a lot of my graduates who are in my shoe too. So, I wonder if our investmhlent in university education in modern Nigeria is worth it. Cause many graduates are worse off compareds to the artisan who learnt handiwork in Nigeria.
Why did you choose to betray yourself? First of all, it is not called handiwork it is called learning or acquiring a technical skill, just as the Bible said that faith without works is dead' that peice of paper is worthless without one technical skill or the other, especially in engineering' there are many tools and a type of thinking faculty that your prospective employer expects you to have and you cannot get these skills in Nigerian universities.
Re: . by Emmysteve(m): 7:03am On Jan 03, 2015
Mhen if one can recall the kind of hardship one passed through oh my God. I won't even advice my enemy to devoid all his or her time in acquiring University degree without acquiring skills along the line. A mistake most of us made and regretting now.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy For Nurse In Egbeda, Lagos. / Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited Fresh Job Recruitment--{3 Positions} / How To Apply For Npower Maternity Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.