Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,993 members, 7,852,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:47 PM

HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents (4234 Views)

Hilarious Valentine Breakup Excuses / Reasons Why Guys Are Afraid To Date Beautiful Women / All Relationship Will Go Complicated Dis September because Of This (photo). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by gabazin080(m): 6:08pm On Jan 11, 2015
we will be 5yrs together in February but the relationship seems to be heading for doom. she is the nagging type and has change from the girl I used to know then. I don't even know who is the man in d relationship. its been over a weak since we last talked on phone. and its almost 2 weeks sinc the last time we had a chat of lyk 5 mins on social apps. we do bone ourselves wen we are online.
though have always made efforts to make this relationship work but seems like its just only me in d relationship now.
but the problem is we are too afraid to breakup because our parents are friends and they support our relationship. my mum will call her and her mum will call me to know if there is any problem but we are too afraid to open up. have done that several times and her mum will get involved and sort things out but now i don't wanna involve her anymore because the fight is becoming too much.
have made up my mind but too afraid to take any action.
pls nairalanders, advice me on what to do. am confused
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
Let me tell you what to do. If you two want to end it, go and impregnate her friend and let commotion start. In the heat of the moment you run to sokoto for your dear life.

5 Likes

Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by Evina(f): 6:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
Would you rather end it now or fake it, only to eventually end it when you are married, miserable and bitter?
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by losprince(m): 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
Make you mum quarel with her mum, there you have it. You wouldnt even need to break up again
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
Just talk to ur elder bro,:he wl definitely know the best way to break the news.
If you dnt have an elder bro,open up to ur mum.
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by unmask: 6:23pm On Jan 11, 2015
Guy spread your legs, look underneath if two balls aren't still there, then you need to grow them back

3 Likes

Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by DJEhimond(m): 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
Before you make up your mind, make sure you have tried all you can to make it work. If you have made up, please go ahead, it s your life, not theirs!
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 11, 2015
Just end it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by demelza: 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
unmask:
Guy spread your legs, look underneath if two balls aren't still there, then you need to grow them back
Thank you!
Op, you are the one responsible for your happiness. You will be the one to remain in the marriage after everyone has gone home.
To hell with anyone's opinion, its your life. Life is just too short to worry about what people will say.
Grow some balls Mehn.
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by apparentlylaw(m): 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
Do a Family meeting wif her family nd Declare your resignation from the relationship ...Questionz wuld cum as to why u re quitting ...dey wuld try to Convince u to stay ..if dier termz and her pay is mouth watering and if she promises to change ...Renounce ur initial statement and continue
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
wao so you want to continue this relationship because of your parents. Dis is serious
well if u two are not strong enough to make the right decision because of what pple will say or do.Then do this:

Get Married and Divorce later.
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by justmag(m): 7:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
I don't believe you got in a relationship because of your parents! If both parents are loving n understanding parents. Then they will still b friends even if u breakup! Life is tooo short to remain miserable. You don't wanna be around the wrong person when the right person comes along! So end that relationship today and not tomorrow!
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by Godgozie(m): 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
is it your parents that are feeling what u are passing through,I think u are matured enough to take the right Decision Here.
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by harrysterol(m): 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
krall:
Let me tell you what to do. If you two want to end it, go and impregnate her friend and let commotion start. In the heat of the moment you run to sokoto for your dear life.
bad cheesy
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by harrysterol(m): 7:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
Give me the gal contact let me tell her the good news grin
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by InZA: 8:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
I'm just here to observe the wonderful advices Nairalanders would give on this thread.

smiley
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by irishCream: 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2015
unmask:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

EPIC...

1 Like

Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2015
gabazin080:
we will be 5yrs together in February but the relationship seems to be heading for doom. she is the nagging type and has change from the girl I used to know then. I don't even know who is the man in d relationship. its been over a weak since we last talked on phone. and its almost 2 weeks sinc the last time we had a chat of lyk 5 mins on social apps. we do bone ourselves wen we are online.
though have always made efforts to make this relationship work but seems like its just only me in d relationship now.
but the problem is we are too afraid to breakup because our parents are friends and they support our relationship. my mum will call her and her mum will call me to know if there is any problem but we are too afraid to open up. have done that several times and her mum will get involved and sort things out but now i don't wanna involve her anymore because the fight is becoming too much.
have made up my mind but too afraid to take any action.
pls nairalanders, advice me on what to do. am confused

Hi friend. I guess you are a very young man and she is probably a baeby too.
I suppose you are guys are between the ages of 22-25.
Permit me to say you actually sound immature.

I think you need to man up and just move on. You owe no one no explanation until when asked.
If her mum ever asks you, tell her her daughter is no more interested and you need some time off.
Insist on some time off irrespective of their resolution or whatever.
This way, they (all of them) will understand you are really fed up and it will also give you guys some time away from eachother.

Five years is too long in my opinion but something must have held you guys together.
Even marriages as we all know do get boring as well as the constant ups and downs that are associated with all relationships.
So ultimately, be a man and let you guys take some times off most especially because you guys have gone a long way.

Good luck.
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by Afrok(m): 9:59pm On Jan 11, 2015
Relationship is not meant for the weak, be a man and breakup the relationship. With time, ur parent and her parent will get to respect ur decision and accept the fact that U both are not together again, so it'll be left for the two families to still be friends or not.

Above all, the Devil will be happy with U that U broke up with the Satan coz nagging women behaves like Satan wink.
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by gabazin080(m): 10:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
ATOB:

Hi friend. I guess you are a very young man and she is probably a baeby too.
I suppose you are guys are between the ages of 22-25.
Permit me to say you actually sound immature.

I think you need to man up and just move on. You owe no one no explanation until when asked.
If her mum ever asks you, tell her her daughter is no more interested and you need some time off.
Insist on some time off irrespective of their resolution or whatever.
This way, they (all of them) will understand you are really fed up and it will also give you guys some time away from eachother.

Five years is too long in my opinion but something must have held you guys together.
Even marriages as we all know do get boring as well as the constant ups and downs that are associated with all relationships.
So ultimately, be a man and let you guys take some times off most especially because you guys have gone a long way.

Good luck.

thanks for d advice bro.
going a long way is d problem we are having. am thinking it will be hard to get someone I will love and will love me back like her. and I know d feeling is the same with her.
though have been ignoring her and she has always want to start a chat but our chat is not always more than 10 lines.
I just want to know wat I can do to make her come back to her senses because I don't wanna lose her
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by gabazin080(m): 10:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
harrysterol:
Give me the gal contact let me tell her the good news grin
080222223333. dats it. pls help me break d news in a friendly way.
thanks
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by gabazin080(m): 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
krall:
bad adviser.
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by gabazin080(m): 10:17pm On Jan 11, 2015
Afrok:
Relationship is not meant for the weak, be a man and breakup the relationship. With time, ur parent and her parent will get to respect ur decision and accept the fact that U both are not together again, so it'll be left for the two families to still be friends or not.

Above all, the Devil will be happy with U that U broke up with the Satan coz nagging women behaves like Satan wink.
dis 1 is even more than Satan. I don't believe d change
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by gabazin080(m): 10:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
Evina:
Would you rather end it now or fake it, only to eventually end it when you are married, miserable and bitter?
are u saying there is no solution other than breaking up.
I just want to know wat I can do to make her
come back to her senses because I don't
wanna lose her
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by Afrok(m): 10:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
gabazin080:
dis 1 is even more than Satan. I don't believe d change
My brother, believing someone will change is like believing one day chickens will sweat undecided.
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by gabazin080(m): 10:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
abeautifulchick:
@Op,this is really sad but i advice you break up with her.
Something similar happened with my Ex,he dosnt call attimes 3 days and when i ask him why,he says if he is supposed to be the only one calling all the time.I noticed that different women call him when we are together though he insults them and tells them to stop calling that he is with his queen bla bla bla and they will angrily cut the call and wont call back but when we see after a month or two,thesame set of girls are still calling,that was how i knew,he was cheating on me,plus he was getting very defensive,hiding his phone,deleting his messages and so on.
To even make the matter worst,the people i complained to asked me to stay because according to them,Men are scarce and we had already done our introduction.
My dear,i had to break up with him since he dint want to do so himself and was not even mentioning our wedding again.Even when he eventually mentioned it,i knew i will be in hell after marriage because he wont stop.By then people will say,dint you know before you entered?.
Pls dont start what you cannot finish.There is always someone better out there contrary to what people think.

u don't understand the bond btw d 2 families. we grow up 2geda though we both don't stay wit them any longer, our families her friends and attend same church. I just find it hard to luv someone else.
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by gabazin080(m): 10:30pm On Jan 11, 2015
DJEhimond:
Before you make up your mind, make sure you have tried all you can to make it work. If you have made up, please go ahead, it s your life, not theirs!

have tried really hard to make things work but its just like its just only me who is still interested.
but is breakup d only solution.
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by gabazin080(m): 10:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
apparentlylaw:
Do a Family meeting wif her family nd Declare your resignation from the relationship ...Questionz wuld cum as to why u re quitting ...dey wuld try to Convince u to stay ..if dier termz and her pay is mouth watering and if she promises to change ...Renounce ur initial statement and continue
thanks. seems like I will talk to her mum on this.
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by gabazin080(m): 10:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
InZA:
I'm just here to observe the wonderful advices Nairalanders would give on this thread.

smiley
I guess u having the same problem like me
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by gabazin080(m): 10:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
dorlapoh20:
wao so you want to continue this relationship because of your parents. Dis is serious
well if u two are not strong enough to make the right decision because of what pple will say or do.Then do this:

Get Married and Divorce later.

but this will be worse
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by gabazin080(m): 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
justmag:
I don't believe you got in a relationship because of your parents! If both parents are loving n understanding parents. Then they will still b friends even if u breakup! Life is tooo short to remain miserable. You don't wanna be around the wrong person when the right person comes along! So end that relationship today and not tomorrow!
but is breakup the only solution
Re: HELP! We Both Tired. But Too Afraid To Breakup because Of Our Parents by Charles4075(m): 10:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
Op forgive me for saying this. I mean no disrespect but I think the both of you are still kids(21-23). From what you've just said, this looks like an arranged marriage.. In an arranged marriage, You know the saying "We're not losing a daughter, we're gaining a son-in-law"? Well, it works in the reverse too: You're inheriting the obligations, stresses, and, yes, benefits, of a whole new family. You might get along superbly with your significant other's family now, but once you're married, they could transform into the in-laws from hell, because now you're cemented to your partner and they claim you as one of their own. Thread carefully boy else you'll get burnt in future..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ever Wondered Why Most Girls Prefer Dark Guys? Here's The Reason!! / Muscle Thread (pics) / Help! Should I Visit A Brothel?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.