Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes (114691 Views)

Which Body Cream Restores Natural Skin Complexion,eliminates Dark Spots / What Products Of Spots Removal(GRAPHIC PIX) / How To Remove Black Spots On My Skin (Caused By Mosquito Bites) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by epstitch(f): 11:37pm On Dec 31, 2008
Dark Spots on Face

How to Deal With Blemishes: Tips for African American Women

Black women the world over know about dark spots, skin discoloration and uneven skin tones – these are skin issues most are familiar with. Like most women, African American women hate these dark spots, which are also called hyperpigmentation. While dark spots can appear anywhere on the body, dark spots on face are generally the greatest cause of embarrassment. Unfortunately this is something many black women face, but understanding the causes and learning how to eliminate them can help.

Causes of Dark Spots among Black Women

There are many factors that contribute to the appearance of dark spots on the faces of women of African descent. When skin is irritated it produces excess melanin at the area of irritation. It is this excess melanin that shows itself as dark spots and discoloration. Some of the main causes of dark spots on the face, especially for African American women are:

Acne: this skin condition affects women of all ages and frequently leaves dark spots behind.
Allergic reaction to cosmetics, food etc
Hormonal issues
Insect bites
Cuts and bruises

Sadly in many cases it takes months and sometimes years for these spots to disappear or fade until they are no longer easily seen. For some African American women, the dark spots never go away – at least not by themselves.
How to Minimize Appearance of Dark Spots

There are many ways that African American women can try to deal with dark spots on their faces. The best way is to use products made specifically for that purpose. Some companies that make products for black skin that can work for spots include:

AMBI
Black Opal

Before buying any of these products, do some research and read reviews online.
In your quest to deal with dark spots these tips will come in handy:

Look for products that contain hydroquinone, benzoyl peroxide, kolic acid, hydroxyl acids, and glycolic acids. These ingredients have been proven to help discoloration to fade. Ideally, a dermatologist is the best choice for help in dealing with dark spots on face.

Products containing hydroxyl acid helps old skin to shed resulting in quicker turn-over of new skin cells. New skin cells would be lighter thus minimizing the look of darker areas.

Sunlight can and does contribute to dark spots, so using a good sunscreen is always recommended. Even for black women, a sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher is recommended. The sun is not a friend of dark spots, so protecting the skin against being burnt is always important.

Other treatment for dark spots and blemishes on the face of women of color include microdermabrasion or other forms of chemical facial peels. These procedures remove old skin that is on the surface of the face leaving behind fresh new skin.

Do not pick at scars left by acne or blemishes as this will only make dark spots worse.

Quick fixes include using makeup to conceal the spots, but this should not become the solution of choice. In fact, using too much makeup or worse yet, not removing it properly can aggravate the condition.

If the dark spots are really bad, a visit to the dermatologist is in order. The dermatologist will prescribe a course of treatment which may include a topical cream to apply directly to the spots.
With a little work most African American women will find that preventing or minimizing the appearance of dark spots on face is possible. Knowledge is power, and as such African American women who want to prevent or treat dark spots should get as much information as possible to help them deal with this problem. The information provided above is a start.

for more http://mymakeupmag..com
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by SeaGoddes(f): 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2009
nice one wink however hydroquinone shouldnt be used for too long and should be used only on the spot cox it does cause skin bleaching unless the person wants to be afro white embarassed
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by MCLOVIN: 9:01pm On Dec 06, 2009
I know of a cosmetologist who does CUSTOM MADE CREAMS for your skin type. theyre here:
http://cngdirect.bravehost.com/bmb.html
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by goldnile(f): 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2009
Light to medium chemical peels can also be used to get rid of hyperpigmentation---but you have to use sunblock on yor face thereafter
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by steaming(f): 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2009
forever epiblanc, 100% organic, no hydroquinone, works perfectly to even out ur skin tone and remove spots.
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by MCLOVIN: 6:13pm On Dec 08, 2009
GET FREE CONSULTANCY FRM A COSMETOLOGIST AND FREE SAMPLE OF CREAM TO SUIT YOUR SKIN TYPE
http://cngdirect.bravehost.com/bmb.html
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by selencious(f): 9:31pm On Jan 14, 2010
Hey Y'all, Ambi, clear essence, fair and white etc will only worsen ur condition. Hydroquinone causes skin cancer and affects the brain. It might make you look lighter but after some time, you would become so dark and ugly,worse than you were before. Especially in the Nigerian sun; hydroquinone is an enemy of sun, once you go out in the sun, it reacts with it, After about some weeks or months, the black spot would come back, worse than before. It has been banned in the U.S; if you wanna destroy ur skin, especially ur face, you can use it. The best thing to do is to avoid eating fried and oily stuff. Wash ur face 3rce daily with warm water, To treat spot naturally, use lemon on ur face, Eat more fruits and drink lots of water; you would notice changes. Don't use hydroquinone, It has destroyed so many people's faces,

8 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by mamagee3(f): 1:10am On Jan 15, 2010
I love my face the way it is.
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by ayo84(m): 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2010
eat fruit salads in the morning and before you go to sleep, it works wonders really
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by africhika(f): 1:09am On Jan 17, 2010
use lemon and apple juice. it does miracles

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by mitchyy(f): 7:21am On Jan 19, 2010
Please where can i get meladerm to buy in naija.i need it desperately.
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by yjay(f): 9:24am On Jan 19, 2010
@Mitchy, u cant get it in naija, ur best option is to order online & ve it delivered to u,
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by mitchyy(f): 9:58am On Jan 19, 2010
Thanks yjay.
but what about porselene products.How good are they?
I and my cousin want to get it.my cousin is light skinned,while am dark skinned.
Can i still get that in nigeria?
Is it very effective?
Plz help.
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by yjay(f): 12:22pm On Jan 19, 2010
mitchyy:

Thanks yjay.
but what about porselene products.How good are they?
I and my cousin want to get it.my cousin is light skinned,while am dark skinned.
Can i still get that in nigeria?
Is it very effective?
Plz help.

yeah porselene products are available in nigeria, they are availbale almost everywhere now, u can just go to their website, google it porselene africa i think, well u can buy it if u want but i dont think its a wow product, used it for abt 3mths,
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by pretts(f): 1:53am On Jan 25, 2010
@ yjay,i want to get meladerm too, read a lot of the reviews.but orderin online & having it delivered in naija is one thing i'm not sure is possible.Pls,have u done that before cos i really need it urgently?If not,r there big cosmetic stores in lagos where i could get d original product?pls reply asap, tanx
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by yjay(f): 10:47am On Jan 25, 2010
pretts:

@ yjay,i want to get meladerm too, read a lot of the reviews.but orderin online & having it delivered in naija is one thing i'm not sure is possible.Pls,have u done that before cos i really need it urgently?If not,r there big cosmetic stores in lagos where i could get d original product?pls reply asap, tanx

well i personally vent ordered anything online before, if i need something urgently i just get a friend to buy it for me & refund, u can try that but im almost certain u cant get meladerm in naija even in the big stores,
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by pretts(f): 12:21am On Jan 27, 2010
@yjay,could u help me tell any of ur friends to help me get?we'll reach an agreement as regards payment thru u b4 it arrives.In short,could u send me a mail at prettadsdod@yahoo.com so that we can talk better?Thanks
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by epstitch(f): 1:10pm On Feb 03, 2010
Did you know that Tura soap comes correct when you are dealing with spots and acne?? I have received a lotta reviews on Tura soaps, yes the same #100 per pack tura. If you get the original Tura, you are well on your way to getting rid of acne, pimples, spots and getting a clearer skin.

Lets know your experiences with Tura.

www.mymakeupmag.tk
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by ayettymama(f): 2:09pm On Feb 03, 2010
ambi??

ok this is the traditional method innit

bleach em off!!

i agree bleachin creams work for spots

but i dont think thier for everyone

esp if u want toned skin!
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by queenesthr(f): 3:27pm On Feb 03, 2010
If you must apply a bleaching cream for any reason, apply it only at night and wash off in the morning. Do not go out into the sun once you have applied a bleaching product.

During the day, always use a cream with Sun Protection Factor (SPF) 15 and above.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by ayettymama(f): 3:33pm On Feb 03, 2010
hmmm

what affordable sunscreen face creams are available in nigeria?

inno the ones dwn here are ridiculously priced

bleachin cream should really be avoided at all cost!
people should try benzoyl peroxide

it dries out the spot

i apply it everyday
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by miraexcel(f): 4:53pm On Feb 03, 2010
hmmm

what affordable sunscreen face creams are available in nigeria?

inno the ones dwn here are ridiculously priced

bleachin cream should really be avoided at all cost!
people should try benzoyl peroxide

it dries out the spot

i apply it everyday

Palmers skin success fade cream come with suncreem and it's very affordable

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by Cadlyn: 6:45pm On May 17, 2013
I have lots of spots on my face and few pimples, its really giving me great concern. Could someone who has an experience kindly tell me what to do
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by Cadlyn: 12:16am On May 18, 2013
africhika: use lemon and apple juice. it does miracles
Can 1 get lemon in Nigeria? If yes, where?
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by ifyn4real: 2:37pm On May 22, 2013
Cadlyn: .

helloooo do you live in banana island?
WINK
you can get it in boundary AJ city
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by sophiakalu(f): 3:08am On May 29, 2013
Cadlyn: .
Yes u can,am in port harcourt I get lemon at park and shop. You can check any departmental store in your area.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by yemibabe4(f): 10:32pm On May 29, 2013
If you wanna have a great skin, even tone, buy Nutrient Glow Seaweed Soap, Goddess Oil and citrus Body Polisher.All 100% natural. I used them in a week and I love my skin, soo beautiful, clean and soo fair, dat every body started asking , what i use... cheesy Call 08028115086 to order
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by Cynluv(f): 5:28pm On Jun 01, 2013
My friend needs help,she has spots on her legs and have tried so many spot remover but none has worked,she is really really worried dat she doesn't wear anything short cos of her spotted legs...pls any alternative or suggestion is hightly needed...†h♌nks all cry
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by Cadlyn: 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2013
sophia kalu:
Yes u can,am in port harcourt I get lemon at park and shop. You can check any departmental store in your area.

Do I need to use 1 lemon @ a time or can I squeeze out the juice, store in the freezer and use daily.
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by sophiakalu(f): 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
Cadlyn:

Do I need to use 1 lemon @ a time or can I squeeze out the juice, store in the freezer and use daily.

Use one lemon at a time. Freshly squeezed lemons re better dan refrigerated lemon juice
Re: How To Get Rid Of Spots And Blemishes by taiwodaniel: 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Clean Cut, Waves, Braids, Or Dreadlocks On Men? / Meet Emmanuel Okoro Of Emmy Kasbit: Biography, Designer Of Theresa May’s Jacket / 7 Most Popular Markets You Can Buy Cheap Clothes In Lagos & Their Locations.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.