Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,710 members, 7,847,857 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 09:33 AM

5 Nigerian Superstitions And Beliefs That Will Kill You Before Your Time - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Nigerian Superstitions And Beliefs That Will Kill You Before Your Time (987 Views)

10 Things You Should Stop Wasting Your Time Doing / 10 Things You Should Stop Wasting Your Time On / 9 Nigerian Superstitions That Will Frighten You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Nigerian Superstitions And Beliefs That Will Kill You Before Your Time by wellahealth: 10:08am On Feb 28, 2015
from blog.wellahealth.com

Witchcraft

Femi don die oh! Na witch kill am! Trouble is Femi was fat, a smoker, suffered from undiagnosed diabetes and suddenly had a fatal heart attack.

You’d think that with all the ‘unbelievers’ in the western countries they’d have plenty of witches killing people anyhow, yet they live to over age 80, while Nigerians live to only age 50.

Please attend a qualified doctor to use his modern miracles (that can make the lame walk and the blind to see) to fight these ‘witches’ killing Nigerians.

God forbid/ not my portion

Heart attack – ‘God forbid’

Stroke – ‘not my portion’

Pray tell how do you think you will die? or you hope to live forever? We all will die one way or another, often times it will be as a result of disease. So ‘reject’ as much as you want but still visit your doctor for an annual check up! We have been blessed with great scientific knowledge that will prevent disease and prolong your life, don’t be a fool, use it!

Prayers

Ever hear of the couple that couldn’t give birth, prayed hard then suddenly had triplets. My people that prayer is called IVF! God has blessed us with science and brains to solve our problems.

If you have a health problem go to a qualified doctor not a pastor. Your prayer should be for God to open the mind of the doctor to be able to find the solution to your problem. When you do get a solution, thank God and don’t forget to thank the doctor.

'What i don’t know won’t kill me'

It will, trust me on this one!

'Not in my family'

‘I can’t have diabetes it is not in my family’

Ok, so that BMW you are driving, was it in your family before?

That air conditioned office you’re sitting in all day was it in your family before?

That burger, chips and fried chicken your are eating was it in your family before?

Oh so you want the new good things but not the bad ones!

My people it doesn’t work like that. Go out and exercise, eat healthy, get an annual check up before you become the pioneer of diseases in your family.

There you have it, 5 Nigerian superstitions that will kill you before your time. Please share it as you may save someone’s life.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Superstitions And Beliefs That Will Kill You Before Your Time by Dahjhi: 10:14am On Feb 28, 2015
so on point, nah this prayer issue I nor understand most. Don't know why a learned person should keep herself(yes its common to female) in the church for like 7days praying and fasting. Finishes that one to have another 21 days. Like say God nah de*f. Or all this unnecessary shout of fir* like victory depends on the shout.. Small time they will tell you say nah becuase the kingdom of God suffereth violence.. Abeegi Jere.. *Drags my bowl of pap*

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Superstitions And Beliefs That Will Kill You Before Your Time by Beamborla(f): 11:02am On Feb 28, 2015
Funny but true. My own problem is with people who pray so loud they disturb their next door neighbour.
I suffered so much in my 200l as the back of my window was a volley ball court they turned into a prayer ground.

Very frustrating and annoying experience... different type of screams, speaking in tongues and ridiculos prayer points especially when exam is fast approaching and during exams... from 10pm to 6am every day. I wonder if God wouldn't listen to them if they pray silently, wholeheartedly and with faith.
Re: 5 Nigerian Superstitions And Beliefs That Will Kill You Before Your Time by blackjack21(m): 11:23am On Feb 28, 2015
So true
living with freaks.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Superstitions And Beliefs That Will Kill You Before Your Time by Emmyk(m): 12:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
Guilty of some sha cheesy grin cheesy
But it's not in my family... I can't still have it. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Can Somebody Help Me With This Man's Name Please? / Viral Hit Song Disturbing The 9janet / If He Eventually Signs For Chelsea As Speculated, Can Falcao Succeed At Chelsea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.