Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,601 members, 7,840,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Carnage In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Carnage In Lagos (2155 Views)

Iraq's Al Sadr Says Buhari Is Isis;urges Iraqis To Protest Against Zaria Carnage / Femi Fani-kayode :the Carnage In Paris And The Great Paradox. / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carnage In Lagos by gadogado(m): 2:48am On Jan 23, 2009
Please be warned that the content of this video is disturbing and your discretion is strongly advised. this is for the sake of debate.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-198087?ref=feeds%2Flatest
Re: Carnage In Lagos by gadogado(m): 2:54am On Jan 23, 2009
@moderator,please don't remove this post again. This is supposed to be a free forum where ideas can be exchanged in the form of debate.i have seen worse things on nairaland.if CNN and facebook can allow it on their website,then it is only fair for it to be shared on nairaland for the purpose of debate. This has been watched my many Nigerians and non-Nigerians alike. So it is necessary for us to view what is going on in our country as it can only stimulate national debate.
There is material on nairaland that involves acts of sedition and espionage and treason which is by far worse that this piece of reality being posted. thanks for understanding.allow us to debate nigerian reality.
Re: Carnage In Lagos by comfort3: 2:57am On Jan 23, 2009
shocked shocked sad
Re: Carnage In Lagos by gadogado(m): 2:59am On Jan 23, 2009
again,why is nigerian mentality like this.how come such severe punishment for the petty theif and nothing for the big oneanyone??
Re: Carnage In Lagos by mustafar1: 2:59am On Jan 23, 2009
murder!
Re: Carnage In Lagos by gadogado(m): 3:08am On Jan 23, 2009
but why?? nigerians are hypocrtical,no?
Re: Carnage In Lagos by blackspade(m): 3:51am On Jan 23, 2009
Wow. shocked
Re: Carnage In Lagos by meexteriox(m): 1:42pm On Jan 23, 2009
Mere absence of war is not peace.
Really, carnage in Lagos.
cry cry cry
Re: Carnage In Lagos by GoldCircle: 1:58pm On Jan 23, 2009
Jungle justice! We are all animals! Na who first die be meat! grin grin
Re: Carnage In Lagos by BOSS7: 2:02pm On Jan 23, 2009
GoldCircle:

grin grin

It's not funny. Why're you laughing?
Re: Carnage In Lagos by aieromon(m): 2:38pm On Jan 23, 2009
this is madness

absolute madness angry angry angry
Re: Carnage In Lagos by auwal87(m): 2:49pm On Jan 23, 2009
It is absolutely very very very inhuman.
There is no single Justification for this, what about if these souls were not even guilty of stealing?

[flash=423,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5PgXg71Hdo&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Carnage In Lagos by GoldCircle: 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2009

ok! cry cry cry cry
Re: Carnage In Lagos by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2009
2nd thing i've seen today to make me ashamed of being born in Nigeria!!!!!!! cry

I hope anybody involved in setting those guys on fire die painfully and slowly. I hope they feel the worst pain imaginable, I HOPE THEY DIE.

At least I still have people I can point at with pride!!! Soyinka,Achebe, Hakeem, if not, ill go change my name 2morrow angry

I hope those bastards burn alive in a car accidents, I hope they feel what those guys felt,I WISH I COULD KILL THEM MY SELF.
This sh*t f*cks me up for real.
Re: Carnage In Lagos by Skywalker5(m): 8:32pm On Jan 23, 2009
Wahala wa oooooooooooooooooooooooo

I have never seen such bulls--t in my life.I use to hear of it and now i watched it recorded

We are in the f--king Dark ages men.
Re: Carnage In Lagos by MrCrackles(m): 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2009
Ewoooooo!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Carnage In Lagos by Solidman1: 8:51pm On Jan 23, 2009
This is one reason why the rest of the world dont respect Nigerians. We think we are Giants of Africa. but seriously is this one of the behaviour giant should display? What a shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Carnage In Lagos by hajifaty: 9:31pm On Jan 23, 2009
This is really sad. We need to stop all these acts of extra judiciary in nigeria. Criminals are to be hand over to police,this shows that both citizen and the Govts are far away from civilization. really sad sad sad sad
Re: Carnage In Lagos by gadogado(m): 10:12pm On Jan 23, 2009
this is the question, are nigerians cowardly people.if they can do this to a petty theif who stole something maybe not more that $100. why cant the same sort of inhumanity be meted on nigerian leaders who steal millions.instead they kneel down for them.nigerians are backward people.thats why we cant develop.its not corruption,its because the entire culture is backward and regressive
Re: Carnage In Lagos by RichyBlacK(m): 10:54pm On Jan 23, 2009
gadogado:

this is the question, are nigerians cowardly people.if they can do this to a petty theif who stole something maybe not more that $100. why cant the same sort of inhumanity be meted on nigerian leaders who steal millions.instead they kneel down for them.nigerians are backward people.thats why we cant develop.its not corruption,its because the entire culture is backward and regressive

100% in agreement with you.

There is a legacy of subjugation and oppression in Nigeria. This has resulted in a populace that is so fearful that they commit such psychotic brutality to deny the fear and utter timidity in them.
Re: Carnage In Lagos by oderemo(m): 11:32pm On Jan 23, 2009
whats that all about? we are still in 1913 or 2009, we are actually backward people. shekena.
Re: Carnage In Lagos by Becomrrich: 11:39pm On Jan 23, 2009
And yoruba politician should see this. And all those supporting the slavery of yoruba people. Just remember 1983. Let the yorubas go. Can you imagine one of your politician in this. This is what yorubas can do to those people putting them in slavery.

Some people better be wise. And let join in saving 15 million lifes.
Re: Carnage In Lagos by blacksta(m): 12:00am On Jan 24, 2009
Very very sad. I am in total shook that human beings would behave like animals. Nigeria is failed country
Re: Carnage In Lagos by DisGuy: 12:35am On Jan 24, 2009
Why isnt any TV station in nigeria showing this? Seems like they are too busy celebrating Ibori and trying act like they are the real opposition
Re: Carnage In Lagos by udezue(m): 1:01am On Jan 24, 2009
Barbaric nation. Keep displaying barbarism for the world to see. The sick part is that people are just watching like its some cool circus. Tufiakwa!!!
Re: Carnage In Lagos by udezue(m): 1:02am On Jan 24, 2009
gadogado:

cosign. Lets tell ourselves the bitter truth.
Re: Carnage In Lagos by strangleyo: 1:17am On Jan 24, 2009
It's because the police blamed a goat.

Maybe they should have killed the goat.

This sort of thing will continue to happen until we straighten out our police.
Re: Carnage In Lagos by JJYOU: 1:37am On Jan 24, 2009
strangleyo:

It's because the police blamed a goat.

Maybe they should have killed the goat.

This sort of thing will continue to happen until we straighten out our police.
no until people stop going to rob others thinking they will get away with it. thanks to theives every house is built almost like a prison. things are so expensive in nigeria because you have to add cost of stolen goods to almost everything.

what did nigerians do to deserve violent criminals? are we the only hungry or greedy people on planet earth. cost of securing goods and properties in nigeria is too high because of these idiots

nobody deserve to be burnt but nobody to be robbed of hard earned money and property too. as i keep saying not until we start asking ourselves the question of how we make and worship money we will never stop seing this kind of madness.

just yesterday sunnews online reported a Secondary School teacher, a bricklayer and a car dealer robbing a bank. you wonder how many times they have done it before and got away with it. how hungry are these people?

Police round up bank robbers
From NGOZI UWUJARE, Ibadan
Thursday, January 22, 2009
•Suspects
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Police in Osun State have nabbed members of a 3-man robbery gang, which raided a commercial bank in Lagere, in Ife area of the state.

Police said one of the suspects is a Secondary School teacher, one, a bricklayer and another, a car dealer.
The Osun State Police Commissioner, Mr. John Moronike, who paraded the suspects at the police command Headquarters, Osogbo, recently, said the policemen engaged the robbers in a shoot-out, resulting in the death of the leader of the gang.
He said the policemen also barricaded the robbers' escape route, which make it possible for the arrest of the suspects.

Moronike explained that police operatives had upper hand during the exchange of gunfire, forcing the bandits to abandone a jeep, marked EZ 284 ABC, and a bus which they drove to the bank premises.
One of the suspects, Julius Adewuyi, confessed that his duty was to drive members of the gang to robbery scenes.

He narrated how the gang succeeded in robbing a bank, where they carted away some money in two "Ghana-must-go" bags.

Another suspect, Babalola Babatunde, who claimed to be a teacher at Ayedun Grammar School, Ife-South, however, denied any involvement in robbery.
"I don't know members of the gang. Police arrested me in my friend's house," he said.
Morenike said arms, ammunition, the sum of N173,110, Axe ATM cards foreign currencies, among others, were also recovered by the police.

Meanwhile, the Osun State Governor, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, has visited victims of the robbery in the hospital.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/crimewatch/2009/jan/22/crimewatch-22-01-2009-001.htm
Re: Carnage In Lagos by MrCrackles(m): 1:40am On Jan 24, 2009
hajifaty:

This is really sad. We need to stop all these acts of extra judiciary in nigeria. Criminals are to be hand over to police,this shows that both citizen and the Govts are far away from civilization. really sad sad sad sad

Handed over to the police for them to be released straight after without trial!

No way
cheesy
Re: Carnage In Lagos by strangleyo: 2:40am On Jan 24, 2009
JJYOU:

no until people stop going to rob others thinking they will get away with it. thanks to theives every house is built almost like a prison. things are so expensive in nigeria because you have to add cost of stolen goods to almost everything.

what did nigerians do to deserve violent criminals? are we the only hungry or greedy people on planet earth. cost of securing goods and properties in nigeria is too high because of these idiots

nobody deserve to be burnt but nobody to be robbed of hard earned money and property too. as i keep saying not until we start asking ourselves the question of how we make and worship money we will never stop seing this kind of madness.

just yesterday sunnews online reported a Secondary School teacher, a bricklayer and a car dealer robbing a bank. you wonder how many times they have done it before and got away with it. how hungry are these people?

To answer your statement, crime is universal. The deterrent is law enforcement. When that fails, people take justice in their own hands. If people have faith in the justice system they will not carry out these atrocities.

The justice system does not work, so people will continue to take part in vigilante justice until it does.
Re: Carnage In Lagos by JJYOU: 2:47am On Jan 24, 2009
if crime is universal as you say how come we have all those protectors and gates more than any group of people i have seen?
Re: Carnage In Lagos by strangleyo: 2:53am On Jan 24, 2009
JJYOU:

if crime is universal as you say how come we have all those protectors and gates more than any group of people i have seen?

Because we have more crime than most places and hence people don't feel safe in Nigeria. We have more crime because we have more poor people. We have more poor people because we have uneven distribution of wealth. Our justice system does not work, people do not have trust in it.

South Africa is the same.

(1) (2) (Reply)

B Haram Saga; The Real Truth About Islam.(quoted Facts From Ancient History) / Presidency Gave N32 Billion To 16 PDP Governors – APC / A National Award To T.A Orji Is An Award For Inefficiency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.