Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,719 members, 7,847,895 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 10:22 AM

President Jonathan Re-scheduled Handover Date, My Take: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Re-scheduled Handover Date, My Take: (891 Views)

Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date / May 29 Handover Date Sacrosanct, Jonathan Tells US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Re-scheduled Handover Date, My Take: by joysquare16(m): 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
PRESIDENT JONATHAN RE-SCHEDULED HANDOVER DATE, MY TAKE:

In recent times,if we can still remember vividly,our able commander in chief of the armed forces: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan imbibed a new culture of accepting and perfecting things in time,....Chief among them is the concession of defeat in the recently concluded presidential elections by calling the president elect at exactly 17:15pm (+ or -1) to congratulate him and also conceded defeat even when the results of two or more states were still pending.

This gallant move accrues more accolades to Mr. President from Nigerians and international body aswell,which according to them helped immensely to douse the percieved tension in the nation at that moment in time,and APC as a virile opposition party applauded the bold step taken by him "Jonathan"

As if that was not enough,at the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting held on wednesday 15th of April,2015., Mr. President made another giant stride, that he would handover power to the president elect "Major General Mahammadu Buhari retired on the 28th of May, 2015. at the dinner event which will be some hours to the supposed 29th of May, 2015.

By the reason of this decision made by Mr. President,a lot of actions have greeted it and among them is the one made by an erudite Ekiti born - Lagos lawyer Femi Falana (SAN) faulting the decission with his reasons being that its unconstitutional and condemned it that,it will bring a vacuum of some reasonable hours into the govarnance,and he concluded that, with such vacuum,something drastic might befall the nation.

I see one or two salient points in his thought, but be that as it may, if you asked me, apart from the fact that Femi Falana (SAN) is a respected lawyer,and human rights activist that is well known, I will also say he is "APC loyalist"......that is my own opinion anyway.

Bact to the point,haven't heard Femi Falana's side of the story,I come to a conclusion that APC gladiators and their sympathizers didn't see the good side of Mr. President decision to handover power before the deal-day, the way they saw and celebrated his "Jonathan" concession call even before the total result was announced by the electoral umpire.

The Question is;
Are APC "Big weights" and their followers afraid of the unknown "such as coup" which they might be thinking could happen within the hours of their so perceived "power vacuum" after Mr. President might have handed over power

I pray such will never happen again in our Land.
#joysquare.
Re: President Jonathan Re-scheduled Handover Date, My Take: by 42n8dzydoo(m): 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
NEXT!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-scheduled Handover Date, My Take: by dunkem21(m): 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
GEJ told me that he is even ready to hand over on April 28 ..

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Re-scheduled Handover Date, My Take: by imbless: 8:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
Re: President Jonathan Re-scheduled Handover Date, My Take: by dulaman: 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
total sum of votes for APC = 28
total sum of votes for PDP= 28
election date = 28
handover date 28

can somebody tell me what's with the number 28?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-scheduled Handover Date, My Take: by egift(m): 9:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
OP such vacuum is dangerous. Jonathan should hand over on 29th. Except you Orubebes are up to some else?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Re-scheduled Handover Date, My Take: by walexzee11(m): 10:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
APC should not fall for this trick, Jonathan must finish his term and handover as at when due.

Anything can happen within the hours of the vacuum, it is unlawful to handover in a dinner gathering, I don't know what Jonathan takes Nigerians for? He should be calm, what's left for him now is not up to the time he has used in the Villa!

We Don't want Abiola scenario to repeat itself!!!!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Re-scheduled Handover Date, My Take: by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
Op, Falana's argument is straight forward enough. What problem exactly do you have with it?

Something is just not right , and I don't trust Jona at all!
Re: President Jonathan Re-scheduled Handover Date, My Take: by joysquare16(m): 11:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
walexzee11:
APC should not fall for this trick, Jonathan must finish his term and handover as at when due.

Anything can happen within the hours of the vacuum, it is unlawful to handover in a dinner gathering, I don't know what Jonathan takes Nigerians for? He should be calm, what's left for him now is not up to the time he has used in the Villa!

We Don't want Abiola scenario to repeat itself!!!!
I believe nothing will happen
Re: President Jonathan Re-scheduled Handover Date, My Take: by joysquare16(m): 11:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
Op, Falana's argument is straight forward enough. What problem exactly do you have with it?

Something is just not right , and I don't trust Jona at all!

Get no problem with his words....only that I tried to bring out the likelyy fear of the coup....which I believe it can't happen

(1) (Reply)

Biafra FM, Ndigbo Should Avoid That Thrash / "What Really Happened Here"; Caption This Photo / Why Hilary Clinton Refused To Designate Boko Haram An FTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.