Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,314 members, 7,836,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

How To Tell If A Boy Likes You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Tell If A Boy Likes You (28653 Views)

How Do You Know If A Boy Likes You? / How To Tell If A Girl Likes You / How Do You Know When a Boy Likes a Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Uju4eva(f): 12:28am On Sep 10, 2006
I know, I know, boys should admittely go to the girl and ask them about their relationship. But many boys talk about me being ugly and everything, and is that their sign of liking me, or what? And what else, do they stare alot, I mean what?
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by rawlings(m): 12:37am On Sep 10, 2006
Check this out,
1. Their pupils are enlarged when talking with you.
The human pupil dilates when someone is excited or is having strong feelings about something. You can gauge a lot about their interest by paying attention to their eye contact. We often reveal far more than we desire through our eyes.

2. They seem to share a lot of common interests.
If someone is engaging in activities that you like to do, or making an extra effort to be a part of them, chances are they're doing it just to spend more time with you. Take notice of how often they are asking or desiring to do things with you. If it seems rather frequent, it's a good sign they are in to you.

3. They want to spend time with you over weekends and holidays. With schedules the way they usually are for people, spending time on special days like weekends and especially holidays is a very clear sign that they are interested in something more than just hanging out together. All weekend invites are not only a great way to get to know someone on a deeper level, they are also a pretty open message that they want to see if this relationship has any potential.

4. They give you a pet name.
Pet names are usually reserved for someone you have a sweet spot for. If your potential interest has decided to call you by one, you're in a pretty good position interest wise.

5. They send gifts without a reason.
This is probably the most obvious sign on this list. If they've sent you flowers or any small gift, they are trying to let you know you've gained their interest. Now the ball is in your court to signal that you want to take things a little further.

6. They do little things for you.
Do you find your potential interest going out of their way to do favors for you? Maybe they offer to run an errand or go grab something for you. You can especially tell if they are interested when you are within a group of friends. Are thet only doing the little favors for you?

7. They tell friends and family about you, or they introduce you to them. If they have talked about you to their friends and family, you can be assured you are on their dating radar. If they feel comfortable enough to introduce you to the family, you're probably looking at a potential romance. With this sign you have to gauge each situation individually. If they have a really open relationship with their family, it may not mean anything special. However, if they are usually closed off with them, they are definitely ready for something more.

There are many different ways someone will show you they are interested. You really need to take the whole situation into perspective and be aware of which method they are choosing to communicate their interest
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Uju4eva(f): 12:42am On Sep 10, 2006
thank you rawling, I understand you, but do you also know, any "simpler" things they do, juss like when you said there eyes pop out,
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by rawlings(m): 12:55am On Sep 10, 2006
yes they want u to take note of them and they fix gaze thire eyes on you,
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by gigitte(f): 3:05am On Sep 10, 2006
my dear do you have self esteem problems?

God made you in his image, therefore you are beautiful, ignore all these boys
when a boy likes you, you will know. as long as y'all aint in primary school, he will be more attentive, strive to talk to you more adn possibly tells you how he feels

you are worrying too much, read your book and everything good will come.
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Uju4eva(f): 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2006
NO I do not have self esteem problems although I make myself to be perceived as I do have them, I don't, I just wanted someone to see that, and you have done that positition,
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by gigitte(f): 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2006
whatever you say, darling. whatever you say grin
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Oracle(m): 8:21pm On Sep 10, 2006
This thread is for girls
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Uju4eva(f): 8:28pm On Sep 10, 2006
what was the point of saying that oracle?
and then another thing is that it is the truth,
whether you believe it or not,
and after this point i could careless
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 10, 2006
rawlings:

4. They give you a pet name.
Pet names are usually reserved for someone you have a sweet spot for. If your potential interest has decided to call you by one, you're in a pretty good position interest wise.

This is probably the one i consider my strongest indication! I as a rule NEVER refer to a girl i truly like by her name, it will either be a pet name or her middle name, one that is ONLY used by me!

Other things by which you know if a guy likes you;
- you catch him staring at you a lot.
- he sometimes will avoid direct eye contact with you
- likes to be around you a lot and finds flimsy reasons to talk to you.
- ever recieved a small otherwise innocous gift from him? Men do not waste money on girls they dont fancy themselves with! Girls who recieve nothing on birthdays and valentines day take note!
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by GNature(m): 12:15am On Sep 11, 2006
Wait till you hear him say these three words - " I like you" cool
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by momoney1(m): 4:41am On Sep 11, 2006
Wait till you hear him say these three words - " I like you"

hmmmm, but in my case that don't normally come quick, it comes when we've started showing interest cool
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by onyegbula(m): 12:00pm On Sep 11, 2006
Uju,
(Uju4eva: I know, I know, boys should admittely go to the girl and ask them about their relationship. But many boys talk about me being ugly and everything,  and is that their sign of liking me, or what? And what else, do they stare alot, I mean what?)
1who likes u wouldn't see u as an ugly girl, he would like u with ur faults & such guys look inside of u (ur heart). Believe in urself & be good, u r beautiful.
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by iice(f): 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2006
GNature:

Wait till you hear him say these three words - " I like you" cool
Yeah what he said lol
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by jayjaync(f): 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2006
lol good one there rawlings!
also when there's this sudden weakness in his eyes when he looks at you!!!!
lol!!or when he acts different towards you!!!there's more
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by babonboard(f): 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2006
rawlings
nice work u no lie at all
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by drayslide(m): 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2006
this is how i look at it.women and men are different in many ways as concerining dating.the same ways which a man will find a girl atractive are not the very ways a woman will find a man attractive.comming back to the topic how to know if a guy likes u.
1)- its easy:alot of eye contacts(checking u out as its called). the guy is always going to be giving u alot of eye contac.  the first ,second and about the third or forth time his going to smile to see if the girl is friendly.but if she doesnt smile back then the guy starts know what kind of girl she is to start with. .

2)-another way  is something i hate (trying to be mr nice guy)lots of guys will want to use the mr nice guy way to give the girl the impression that he is a very nice guy.starts acting all nice to her,helping her all the time, always trying to do some nice thing, NO , NO, NO, dont do that. thats when the girl knows that u like her because ur behavior is strange and u are out for her. girls easily know  when a guy is faking out.that is (the guy is not being him self)so u spoiled every thing by being (mr nice guy).because girls like unpridictable guys, just like u are watching a movie and u already know how the movie ends up(they all die at the end)that does not make the movie intresting.but when they dont know wat u are up too then then get unsecured. embarassed

3)- when the guy call u all the time, yes thats it.when a girl gives u hare phone number and u call her 70 times a day.thats the best way a girl can know that the guy is going crazy over her at home.still with this caliing thing when a guy stays for too long talkin to on the phone even when theres nothing to talk about he just keeps on bringing up this topics from some abstract world and asking the girl so that the conversation should be a long one.

ight if u want more tips on that topic u should holla at me am going to send u to my dating advice web sit.holaa at ur boy gray grin wink
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Oracle(m): 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2006
babonboard:

rawlings
nice work u no lie at all
Rawlings is a professional,
he's fully in the business
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by drayslide(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2006
this is how i look at it.women and men are different in many ways as concerining dating.the same ways which a man will find a girl atractive are not the very ways a woman will find a man attractive.comming back to the topic how to know if a guy likes u.
1)- its easy:alot of eye contacts(checking u out as its called). the guy is always going to be giving u alot of eye contac.  the first ,second and about the third or forth time his going to smile to see if the girl is friendly.but if she doesnt smile back then the guy starts know what kind of girl she is to start with. .

2)-another way  is something i hate (trying to be mr nice guy)lots of guys will want to use the mr nice guy way to give the girl the impression that he is a very nice guy.starts acting all nice to her,helping her all the time, always trying to do some nice thing, NO , NO, NO, dont do that. thats when the girl knows that u like her because ur behavior is strange and u are out for her. girls easily know  when a guy is faking out.that is (the guy is not being him self)so u spoiled every thing by being (mr nice guy).because girls like unpridictable guys, just like u are watching a movie and u already know how the movie ends up(they all die at the end)that does not make the movie intresting.but when they dont know wat u are up too then then get unsecured. embarassed

3)- when the guy call u all the time, yes thats it.when a girl gives u hare phone number and u call her 70 times a day.thats the best way a girl can know that the guy is going crazy over her at home.still with this caliing thing when a guy stays for too long talkin to on the phone even when theres nothing to talk about he just keeps on bringing up this topics from some abstract world and asking the girl so that the conversation should be a long one.

ight if u want more tips on that topic u should holla at me am going to send u to my dating advice web sit.holaa at ur boy gray grin wink
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Dvampire(m): 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2006
boy, do i like this thread?! grin grin grin
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by ifihearam: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2006
Hello People for the fact that a boy stares at a girl does not really mean he likes her,sometimes some stares signifies deep hatred for the girl
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by gigitte(f): 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2006
ifihearam:

Hello People for the fact that a boy stares at a girl does not really mean he likes her,sometimes some stares signifies deep hatred for the girl

lmao. deep hatred or deep disgust
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Hugoboi(m): 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2006

Some stares could also mean "my god!!! what i'ma do wit that a** behind closed doors" grin
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Coco29(f): 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2006
wow if i follow all the advice on the topic i will be going out with my stalker
Dvampire:

boy, do i like this thread?! grin grin grin
and pervert, two people no matter where they are from will know that that person loves them, at yr age sweetie it can be a bit tricky my brother told me when i was young that if a boy makes u unhappy in any way he does not love you, i still use that today my man should not make me feel pain physical or emotional if he does then he doesn't love me. cheesy  cheesy
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Uju4eva(f): 11:27pm On Sep 11, 2006
okay, alright, i got yall thanks, anyone got anymore??
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Uju4eva(f): 11:28pm On Sep 11, 2006
Coco I don't agree with you, the boy could hurt you un-intentionally then what would you call that?
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by BigBaller(m): 2:18pm On Sep 12, 2006
How you know when a boy likes you is if when you come around he smile at you or look at you as tho you took his breath away. But, me personally I'll walk over to you and ask you questions you know throw a little game at you. And then I would ask if you have a boyfriend, maybe ease a little conversation in about your interest and things like that. But most of the time I just give em' a side smile. But, if a boy really likes you he'll ask for your phone number too. cool
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Coco29(f): 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2006
BigBaller:

How you know when a boy likes you is if when you come around he smile at you or look at you as tho you took his breath away. But, me personally I'll walk over to you and ask you questions you know throw a little game at you. And then I would ask if you have a boyfriend, maybe ease a little conversation in about your interest and things like that. But most of the time I just give em' a side smile. But, if a boy really likes you he'll ask for your phone number too. cool

what a load of shite men smile,ask questions and for phone numbers even if they just want a f u c k cheesy
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Uju4eva(f): 11:16pm On Sep 12, 2006
lol alrigh, i ai'nt wanna ask my boyfriend, cuz he would be like what you asking me this for,
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Chxta(m): 1:24am On Sep 13, 2006
I could have sworn that I've posted here before
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by domwas2(m): 7:03am On Sep 13, 2006
How to tell if he likes you
(and if he's flirting with you in his special own guy-way).

A lot depends on the type of guy and his individual personality.

Shy Guys
These are tough to crack sometimes,
He'll look at you, until you turn around, then boom, he's looking the other way.
You may 'feel' like he's watching you - but he's hard to catch at it
He may do something physical - like grab you in a play way, poke you, play with your hair,
(Remember when you were really young and the guy you liked punched you or tackled you?)
He may be working really hard to pay attention to you, but doesn't quite know how,
He may ask a friend of yours about you - he'll say it's just for "friend of mine" that wants to know about you.
He talks to everybody else - but when you're around he turns silent, or chokes up.
You seem to accidentally bump into him a lot of different places.
He may not say a word to you, but he shows up in the same line, at the same movie, etc.
He'll give you a little smile from across the room, but if you get near, he won't look up.
Basically - the BIG clue is that his behavior changes when you're around (compared to when he's around his buds or other girls).
DEAD Giveaway - when you talk to him he turns red.
(Bingo - you can pack that puppy up and take him home, )
Re: How To Tell If A Boy Likes You by Blackberry: 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2006
rawlings that was very helpful thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

After Arguing On Twitter, Apostle Suleman Deletes False Tweet About Herdsmen / "If Your Girlfriend Demands For Money Routinely, She's A Prostitute" - Omokri / "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.