Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,862 members, 7,848,498 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:14 AM

Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 (209910 Views)

Ernst&young Graduate Trainee 2017 / Fresh Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2015 / Nigerian Breweries Sales Executive Recruitment 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 31, 2015
Ayoolami1:

Please kindly forward the materials to soyeolabode@yahoo.com
please forward to plaster248@gmail.com
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by juddexy2(m): 8:49pm On May 31, 2015
Adenirandorothy:

Smiles,would send you an email
pls, i also need your mail to bless me o, fineboy421@gmail.com i got the invite also....Thanks
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by summersetsalways(f): 8:58pm On May 31, 2015
Pls forward to nwokedigbochizoba@gmail.com
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by juddexy2(m): 9:01pm On May 31, 2015
butterfly161992:
Hey guys,

Just general info that I think might help. I think the test would be SHL style. Why? Since E&Y seem to be changing their method of testing, it may be that they want to comply with the style of testing with the rest of the E&Y body globally. Did some research into E&Y recruitment style. Their graduate aptitude tests are usually administered online through saville consulting which is basically SHL style kind test. Since this is the first time, E&Y Nigeria will be administering the test online, I'm guessing this is what is up cause normally it would have been paper based GMAT ish. Its just like PwC and Shell too. Its online everywhere regardless of what country and they both do SHL style kinda test.

Just my thought, i might be wrong but im going the SHL route for preparation... Baba God help us ooo
we shall meet in E&Y for our appointment letters....Oshe! fineboy421@gmail.com
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by juddexy2(m): 9:08pm On May 31, 2015
Ernst & Young use numerical reasoning tests as part of their recruitment process to help them select the best candidates for a particular role.

Numerical reasoning tests are a fair and objective way for Ernst & Young to assess a wide range of applicants, each having different experiences and different qualifications. By analysing the results of a standardised numerical reasoning test, Ernst & Young are able to quickly see which candidates are suitable for the role and which are not. This sort of information about candidates’ skills is difficult to glean from interviews and qualifications alone.

Often Ernst & Young will ask applicants to take a numerical test online, which you can take from home. When the numerical test is used early-on in the application process like this you will have to achieve a minimum score before you progress to the next round (typically a score in the top 50% of applicants is required). Further along in the selection process you might be asked to attend an assessment centre or interview where you will be asked to take a numerical test. This is so that the company can verify the person scoring highly in the test is indeed the person applying for the job.

So as a graduate or senior candidate applying for a job at Ernst & Young you might feel like the numerical reasoning test is an unnecessary hoop to jump through. But you should bear in mind that Ernst & Young are asking you to complete the numerical test as much for your own benefit; if you are not suitable for the role, a psychometric test will usually identify this. Research has shown that psychometric tests such as those used by Ernst & Young are a better predictor of job performance than traditional selection metrics such as level of degree achieved.
Ernst & Young Numerical Reasoning Test Questions

Like most numerical tests, the one used by Ernst & Young looks at your ability to interpret numerical and graphical data and answer questions which require numerical analysis of the data. The numerical test will be looking at your speed and accuracy. The answers are multiple choice and you should try to work quickly within the time limit but also work accurately. Negative marking is unlikely to be used but do not guess answers, as this will show up in your accuracy score. Sometimes you will find that you can make a best guess estimate by deducing that some of the answer options are incorrect. This approach to numerical tests will come with practice, and you will become familiar with the type of numerical tests used by companies such as Ernst & Young.

The numerical operations required in standardised numerical tests are of a level which most applicants can achieve. The most common calculations involve addition/subtraction, multiplication/division, percentages and fractions. The difficult aspect comes with carrying out the calculations quickly and accurately within the time limit. You will be allowed a calculator for your numerical test at Ernst & Young, so make sure you know how to perform these basic operations. Percentage increases and decreases are the most common questions which catch out candidates.
Why practise Numerical Reasoning Tests?

By practising numerical reasoning tests, you will become familiar with the style of questions and get used to the speed at which you have to work. This will help you perform your best in your numerical test, be it with Ernst & Young or any of the many companies which use psychometric testing. If you are surprised or flustered by what is in the Ernst & Young numerical test you are not going to perform your best.

The Ernst & Young numerical reasoning test will likely form part of a wider series of tests and assessments, to enable the firm to obtain an accurate and thorough understanding of each applicant’s true abilities. Psychometric testing means that gone are the days of a hiring decision being based solely on an interview, which can be subjective and sometimes a poor indicator of how well an applicant will perform in the role. For example when applying to Ernst & Young you might be asked to take a verbal reasoning test which measures your ability to understand and reason with written information. Ernst & Young will also couple psychometric tests with an interview.

*AssessmentDay is not affiliated with Ernst & Young and information on their tests is based on our own research.

Source>https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/numerical-reasoning-test-ernst-young.htm

3 Likes

Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by silvamania: 9:47pm On May 31, 2015
juddexy2:
pls, i also need your mail to bless me o, mikebukas@gmail.com i got the invite also....Thanks
Please forward to me too.....badoblinkline@yahoo.com
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by kazyphresh(m): 9:57pm On May 31, 2015
see the way people are requesting for practice questions and some people are having it but they don't want to share it are they hoarding it it or they think the price can go up like fuel price anyway God dey ooo. This link can be helpful for shl practice questions rather than waiting for it to be sent to your inbox. http://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by Danbam(m): 11:41pm On May 31, 2015
odedinaoe:

this is d content of d mail sent, pls, i dnt underestand, but ifu can assist me with fone nos on d mail u received i'll appreciate.
!!!ENTER YOUR CONTENT HERE!!!

Please do not reply to this message as this is an unattended mailbox.

This e-mail has been generated on behalf of EYGBS Limited (registered number 5483856), a private company limited by shares in England and Wales with its registered office at Becket House, 1, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE1 7EU, United Kingdom. EYGBS Limited's business is confined to the provision of services to member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited ("EYG"wink. It does not provide services to clients.

"Ernst & Young" refers to one or more member firms of EYG, a UK company limited by guarantee and the principal coordinating entity of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity and has no liability for another member firm's acts or omissions. EYG does not control or manage or have any ownership interest in any of its member firms and does not provide services to clients. Neither EYG nor EYGBS Limited acts as agent for and nor does either have any authority to represent or bind any of EYG's member firms and no member firm of EYG acts as agent for or has authority to represent or bind EYG or EYGBS Limited.

Jus google searched their contactn got dis Phone: + 234 1 631 4500
Fax: + 234 1 463 0481
services@ng.ey.com
Emmanuel Idoko

Guess it helps
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by Danbam(m): 2:45am On Jun 01, 2015
juddexy2:
pls, i also need your mail to bless me o, mikebukas@gmail.com i got the invite also....Thanks

Hey! Pls help 4ward to danbam4u4ever@yahoo.com as well, fnx
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by mechbeejay: 7:03am On Jun 01, 2015
congrat guys that wer selectd, was in ur shoes last yr got to d final stage (AC) bt was dropped (sad) afta falling in love wit their nice n simple office in UBA building in Marina, so i couldnt see a reason to apply this yr, last yr was nt online, so since d format is changin to online this yr, i am PRIDICTING itz likely to b SHL (like PWC), so guys for u to perform well in SHL questions u can check their site (www.shldirect.com) n see their practice questions to hav a feel of d Xam, SHL is simple bt tricky ( particularly d verbal), for d numericals their is a website called 'www.graduate monkey.com' n goin to d site wil really help cos the numerical SHL question format ar solved using d shortest methods ( if u b guru no need visiting d site), for d verbal u can visit ASSESSEMENT DAY to see their questions too n to enhance ur speed n accuracy... though this sites charges fees to gain full access to their questions. NO abstract so i dnt think itz necessary practicing dat... wishing u all d very best

5 Likes

Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by kazyphresh(m): 7:44am On Jun 01, 2015
mechbeejay:
congrat guys that wer selectd, was in ur shoes last yr got to d final stage (AC) bt was dropped (sad) afta falling in love wit their nice n simple office in UBA building in Marina, so i couldnt see a reason to apply this yr, last yr was nt online, so since d format is changin to online this yr, i am PRIDICTING itz likely to b SHL (like PWC), so guys for u to perform well in SHL questions u can check their site (www.shldirect.com) n see their practice questions to hav a feel of d Xam, SHL is simple bt tricky ( particularly d verbal), for d numericals their is a website called 'www.graduate monkey.com' n goin to d site wil really help cos the numerical SHL question format ar solved using d shortest methods ( if u b guru no need visiting d site), for d verbal u can visit ASSESSEMENT DAY to see their questions too n to enhance ur speed n accuracy... though this sites charges fees to gain full access to their questions. NO abstract so i dnt think itz necessary practicing dat... wishing u all d very best
God bless you for this helpful information
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 01, 2015
Jarejohnson@gmail.com I need the material biko, God bless you
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by chukwuka14(m): 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2015
Reject mail o...wetin I do E&Y o

Thank you for applying for the position of 2015 Graduate Trainee-NIG0001T. After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that we will not be taking your application forward on this occasion as we have had other applications that match our requirements more closely.

This email applies only to your application for 2015 Graduate Trainee-NIG0001T.  If you have applied for roles in other areas of the firm, you will be notified of the outcome of those applications separately.

We will retain your details on our database and may inform you of future job opportunities that match your profile.  We also encourage you to visit ey.com/careers regularly and apply there to any positions that you feel you are qualified for.

Should you not wish to be considered for any future roles please change/deactivate your notification profile by clicking here. 

Thank you for your interest in EY. We wish you all the best in your career.

Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by ifewunmy(f): 12:44pm On Jun 01, 2015
olar26@yahoo.com...I nid it o
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by heneversleep: 12:59pm On Jun 01, 2015
chukwuka14:
Reject mail o...wetin I do E&Y o

Thank you for applying for the position of 2015 Graduate Trainee-NIG0001T. After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that we will not be taking your application forward on this occasion as we have had other applications that match our requirements more closely.

This email applies only to your application for 2015 Graduate Trainee-NIG0001T.  If you have applied for roles in other areas of the firm, you will be notified of the outcome of those applications separately.

We will retain your details on our database and may inform you of future job opportunities that match your profile.  We also encourage you to visit ey.com/careers regularly and apply there to any positions that you feel you are qualified for.

Should you not wish to be considered for any future roles please change/deactivate your notification profile by clicking here. 

Thank you for your interest in EY. We wish you all the best in your career.

Better opportunities awaits you bro, did you meet with their requirements such as age and class of degree?.

2 Likes

Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by Makpenen(m): 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2015
heneversleep:
Better opportunities awaits you bro, did you meet with their requirements such as age and class of degree?.
What is the age requirement? Have not gotten any of their mail. I know only age can disqualify.
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by highmey(m): 5:43pm On Jun 01, 2015
Has anyone received link to the aptitude test?
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by lagra(f): 6:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
Anyone with any useful material of the online test...pls kindly send to adesokana@yahoo.com.THANK U
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by heneversleep: 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2015
Makpenen:
What is the age requirement? Have not gotten any of their mail. I know only age can disqualify.
It should be less than 26 or so and a minimum of 2:1. Please check your junk/spam folder, it might be there hanging. Am not the h r, but I do not see a reason why you shouldn't be invited if you met with those requirements.

1 Like

Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by donkunzman: 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2015
I'm "very less" than 26, and made a 2:1. Got regret mail.
heneversleep:
It should be less than 26 or so and a minimum of 2:1. Please check your junk/spam folder, it might be there hanging. Am not the h r, but I do not see a reason why you shouldn't be invited if you met with those requirements.
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by silvamania: 7:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
Anyone with the info on online test date.have not seen anything yet
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by TheRealAdonye(m): 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
Haven't gotten any mail too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by mcshegs(m): 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
Adonye is here too ?? Na wa o
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by heneversleep: 7:33pm On Jun 01, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
This thread is not for you. We only need your advice here. cheesy
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by heneversleep: 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
donkunzman:
I'm "very less" than 26, and made a 2:1. Got regret mail.
That's strange, something must have gone wrong then. Have you completed your service?
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by Bambizzle4k4556: 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
heneversleep:
Nigga you mean. lol
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by Uyinosa: 8:10pm On Jun 01, 2015
boss, i need it. uyi333@yahoo.com. thank you
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by heneversleep: 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
Bambizzle4k4556:

Nigga you mean. lol
Haaa, the guy is a nice person, I once requested for a past question from him back then, the message was truncated due to size, he didn't relent till I was able to download those questions. Not now that guys are selfish. undecided
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by TheRealAdonye(m): 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2015
Loool.. Calm down..
This is purely academic for me,
I think.
heneversleep:
mcshegs:

Adonye is here too ?? Na wa o
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by heneversleep: 8:43pm On Jun 01, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
Loool.. Calm down..
This is purely academic for me,
I think.

Okay, initialy thought you were joking. Wish you luck with your invite and success to us all.
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by silvamania: 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2015
heneversleep:
That's strange, something must have gone wrong then. Have you completed your service?
I think he applied late when they have finished collating number of applicants because have not completed my Nysc and still got the invite
Re: Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 by alexino(m): 9:34pm On Jun 01, 2015
it is well. i dont know y u didnt receive an invite.. anyways, u'll get your dream job soon. as for the requirement. not just 2.1 is accepted, i and a friend applied with HND and we got an invite for the online test.

Also, i find this website interesting. its about the recruitment exercise for E&Y. The test will be based on numerical, verbal reasoning and Inductive reasoning.. i got the info from glassdoor, green turn and also E & Y online test is usually carried out by 'Saville Consulting’ and ‘Cubiks. u can check it out and see what we might face.

https://www.greenturn.co.uk/Ernst-Young-Application-Process-Form-CV-2014-Graduate-Guidance-2015-2016.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply)

Push CV Elite Employee Quest 2015 / Which Way Nlng? / The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.