Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,737 members, 7,840,859 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home (36241 Views)

Punch Reporter Leaves Aso Villa After His Expulsion (Photo) / Buhari’s CSO Expels Punch Reporter From Aso Villa Over Ill-Health Story / Goodluck Jonathan's Security Batters Punch Reporter - Olatunji Obasa (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by ijustdey: 7:32pm On May 28, 2015
Some soldiers deployed to protect President Goodluck Jonathan’s private residence in Otuoke, Bayelsa state, on Thursday harassed and detained a Punch reporter, Simon Utebor, for attempting to take pictures of the president’s house.
Mr. Utebor was arrested by soldiers from the Joint Task Force in the Niger Delta and handed over to the police at Otuoke Police Station.
Mr. Utebor was accosted by soldiers on guard duty while taking photographs of on-going work on the palatial residence constructed while the president was in office.
Artisans were seen putting finishing touches to the premises consisting of multiple blocks of two storey buildings.
Mr. Jonathan is expected to be received on Friday by the Bayelsa Government at the Gabriel Okara Cultural Centre at 3p.m. and later in his Otuoke country home by his kinsmen.
Efforts to speak with the Punch correspondent were unsuccessful as his mobile phone was switched off.
When contacted the spokesperson of the Joint Task Force, Isa Ado, a lieutenant colonel, said he was out of station on official assignment but however, pledged to investigate the report and respond as soon as possible.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/183837-soldiers-harass-detain-punch-reporter-taking-pictures-of-jonathans-bayelsa-home.html
Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by stevolinkon40: 7:33pm On May 28, 2015
For real?

I hope they have a reasonable excuse for this

dont you dare blame GEJ for this.

less than 24 Hours to Go.. Are all the Luggages packed well?

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by SHARIAREPORTERS: 7:35pm On May 28, 2015
Wen Buhari ban AIT we no hear anytin from una

32 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by Mogidi: 7:37pm On May 28, 2015
Thank God the soldiers thwarted the boko haram sympathiser's plan.

Send him back to Kano sharp sharp, his reconnaissance mission failed.

GEJ is covered by the blood of Jesus.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by Truth24(m): 7:39pm On May 28, 2015
Wetin carry him go dey.... He deserve better beating, e no dey fear?

25 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by ELTON123(m): 7:43pm On May 28, 2015
I just sidon de laugh grin
Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by yomalex(m): 7:46pm On May 28, 2015
What again?
Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by overhypedsteve(m): 8:05pm On May 28, 2015
a country where the citizens cannot snap pictures of soldiers,government officials and poiticians. why? because they see themselves as Gods; whats wrong in a concerned citizens snapping pictures? are we at war or in a state of emergency? the other day i was heading to kaduna, i stopped to snap pictures of zuma rock ( a national monument) and almost got my a55 kicked by the bullish looking soldiers around. some stvpid fvcks will look at these along the line of partisan politics but i see this as a major problem for all nigerians. why would a common poor yahoo boy go to jail in our country when bigtime thieves in power gets national honour. why do kids get scared when they see a policeman walk past, why do nigerian soldier men walk around the street holding a belt or whip. or are the Whites right? are we really just a bunch of monkeys?

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by moscobabs(m): 8:05pm On May 28, 2015
Till tomorrow ba? Cos I don't think he needs them after 12pm again o

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by Mister2: 8:05pm On May 28, 2015
Good for the punch man; he should have visited Sambisa to take photographs of where BOKO members ( GMB dogs ) live

22 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 28, 2015
grin
I went to work in a village in Ogbia local govt last year, when I got to the sprawling mansion that is his residence, I tried to take a pix, Nna, if u see bad eye when the soldiers look me ehn?! angry angry if no be say na govt motor I de, I for smell pepper!! kiss undecided

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by fritiyo: 8:06pm On May 28, 2015
Punch on the news again. always punch, looking for some lie to tell the world about gej.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by ionsman: 8:06pm On May 28, 2015
They don't want we Nigerians to see what Jonathan is lavishing our funds on.

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by Alishachris: 8:06pm On May 28, 2015
i think the journalist trespassed. it is not everywhere that you can approach anyhow. we need to start respecting boundaries.

12 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by JerryJJZ(m): 8:06pm On May 28, 2015
Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by ichidodo: 8:07pm On May 28, 2015
The soldiers should have strung that thieffnubu's lapdog by the balls and let him holler in anguish for daring to tresspass VIP territory.....He thinks he works for sahara?.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by steffans(m): 8:07pm On May 28, 2015
Good for him...

By the way..
Where are the bayelsa trekkers?
Hope dey are chilling for president in the said house?

Na dat guy trek true true..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by eaglechild: 8:07pm On May 28, 2015
One doesn't just go about taking pictures of a private residence. He could be a terrorist or kidnapper.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by yahrant140(m): 8:07pm On May 28, 2015
God is watching you guys in 3D!
Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by akinlex(m): 8:07pm On May 28, 2015
Lol
Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 28, 2015
Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by Flets: 8:07pm On May 28, 2015
And all of a sudden

It doesn't matter that someone condemned the attack of the military on Bokoharam

It doesn't matter that someone described an attack on Bokoharam as an attack on the north

It doesn't matter that someone urged muslims to vote only muslims in a secullar country like Nigeria

It doesn't matter that someone committed to the spread of sharia across the country (the feasibility is a diff topic)

It doesn't matter that someone instigated the death of over 1000 Nigerians just because he lost an election in 2011

It doesn't matter that someone enacted retroactive laws to deal with a select set of people

It doesn't matter anymore that someone ended democracy with the barrel of a gun to assume office

Does it really not matter anymore..... Time shall tell.

We might have just killed morality and damned our sensibilities to the HOPE of a better Nigeria.

And please don't tell me he is my president for the next 4 or 8 Years cos I know that already and that is not the thrust of my thought process.

In sane societies, these would matter. Even if he wins such elections, he would be approached with so much consciousness and carefulness but not with all open arms because the words of a man defines a man and people hardly change.

Just before you scream Sai Baba..... Something must be wrong with the black race.

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by richidinho(m): 8:07pm On May 28, 2015
Journalist ehn
Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by babyfaceafrica: 8:07pm On May 28, 2015
I tot they said we are in a democracy?..I weep for Nigeria,a country where people that are suppose to protect us are the ones harrasing us..its well

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by condralbede(m): 8:07pm On May 28, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by ionsman: 8:08pm On May 28, 2015
grin
Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 28, 2015
Mad man you go kill yourself one day. U get luck say i no dey duty today, i for dash you one bullet for leg. mumu.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by ArchEnemy(m): 8:09pm On May 28, 2015
Left home to cover an event........returns home with deformed head

Risks of journalism

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 28, 2015
If na buhari, na another story we go dey hear, we shall see the house of corruption soon

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by laurel03(m): 8:09pm On May 28, 2015
By ds time 2mao Gej go be past tense

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass, Detain Punch Reporter Taking PIC Of Jonathan’s Bayelsa Home by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 28, 2015
Another Propaganda

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akeredolu's Dad With Fayose's Dad In 1960 (Throwback Photo) / Video Of Peter Obi & Datti Arriving Their Presidential Campaign Venue In Kaduna / Expect Knocks On Your Door Whether You Go To Daura Or Niger - Tinubu To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.