Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,898 members, 7,848,642 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:57 AM

Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? (2540 Views)

3 Things You Can Do With The Presence Of God / Benson Idahosa Boasts Of Raising The Dead (Video) / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
When a Christian dies will he/she go immediately to judgment, then to heaven, or is there a waiting period? (2 Cor. 5:8; 1 Thes. 4:16-17)

Yes:
"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5:8.)

No:
"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet with the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

How can it be, then, that we immediately enter God’s presence, yet at Christ’s return, we rise from the grave to meet Him?
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by cactuscee(m): 12:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
The dead in Christ shall rise and we that are still alive shall be caught up.with him .
What this simply mean is that those christian who were dead in Christ shall rise again and the living in Christ shall be caught up in the sky. I.e rapture and resurrection.
The answer to your question is a dead christian in Christ will not go to heavy directly but will do that when the trumpet sound.
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by taiwo850629: 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2015
1 thess 4: 16, 17 is yes too. The dead in Christ will rise first means that the dead in Christ will come with Christ. They come with Christ to WELCOME the living in Christ who are raptured. Also the bodies of the dead in Christ are resurrected. Your answer is in a few verses before verse 16, verse 14- for if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God BRING with him. What verse 16 and 17 is talking about is the RESURRECTION OF THE BODIES OF THE DEAD IN CHRIST. The dead in Christ come with Christ, get united with their resurrected bodies then the alive in Christ are changed and raptured. You can call or email me if you need further clarification- 08107535362, 08188171420, taiwo1462001@yahoo.com
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11am On Jun 22, 2015
cactuscee:

The dead in Christ shall rise and we that are still alive shall be caught up.with him .
What this simply mean is that those christian who were dead in Christ shall rise again and the living in Christ shall be caught up in the sky. I.e rapture and resurrection.
The answer to your question is a dead christian in Christ will not go to heavy directly but will do that when the trumpet sound.

What do you say about the point made by Paul in 2 Corinthians 5:8?
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:15am On Jun 22, 2015
taiwo850629:

1 thess 4: 16, 17 is yes too. The dead in Christ will rise first means that the dead in Christ will come with Christ. They come with Christ to WELCOME the living in Christ who are raptured. Also the bodies of the dead in Christ are resurrected. Your answer is in a few verses before verse 16, verse 14- for if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God BRING with him. What verse 16 and 17 is talking about is the RESURRECTION OF THE BODIES OF THE DEAD IN CHRIST. The dead in Christ come with Christ, get united with their resurrected bodies then the alive in Christ are changed and raptured. You can call or email me if you need further clarification- 08107535362, 08188171420, taiwo1462001@yahoo.com

Are you saying the spirits of the dead in Christ go immediately to the presence of God and then await the resurrection of their physical bodies at the sound of the trumpet?
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by cactuscee(m): 8:24am On Jun 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

What do you say about the point made by Paul in 2 Corinthians 5:8?
When a man dies his eternal body is destroyed and decayed and when the trumpet sound he resurrect with Christ with heavenly body .
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:29am On Jun 22, 2015
cactuscee:

When a man dies his eternal body is destroyed and decayed and when the trumpet sound he resurrect with Christ with heavenly body .

Where would the spirit of the "dead in Christ" be before the trumpet sounds?
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by taiwo850629: 12:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
That's exactly what I'm saying. The spirits of the dead in Christ go immediately to the presence of God and then await the resurrection of their bodies at the sound of the trumpet.
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by cactuscee(m): 6:35am On Jun 23, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The spirit of the dead in Christ return back to God while their souls and body goes to Sheol I.e the the grave.
A man is made up of the body spirit and the soul .
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:30am On Jun 23, 2015
cactuscee:

The spirit of the dead in Christ return back to God while their souls and body goes to Sheol I.e the the grave.
A man is made up of the body spirit and the soul .

Are you sure the souls of the saints goes to Sheol? Any scriptural reference to buttress your point? undecided
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

When a Christian dies will he/she go immediately to judgment, then to heaven, or is there a waiting period? (2 Cor. 5:8; 1 Thes. 4:16-17)

Yes:
"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5:8.)

No:
"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet with the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

How can it be, then, that we immediately enter God’s presence, yet at Christ’s return, we rise from the grave to meet Him?

Suggested answer:

Question: When a Christian dies will he/she go immediately to judgment, then to heaven, or is there a waiting period? (2 Cor. 5:8; 1 Thes. 4:16-17)

It seems that the question here is whether there is a contradiction between two passages. 2 Corinthians 5:8 says “we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.” This implies that those whom God has justified will be taken into God’s presence immediately upon death.

On the other hand, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 says “For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.”

How can it be, then, that we immediately enter God’s presence, yet at Christ’s return, we rise from the grave to meet Him? The answer is that when a man dies, his body clearly remains on earth. It is his immaterial existence, his spirit, which enters God’s presence. But the spirit will rejoin the body in its final, glorified form at the resurrection. “For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality,” (1 Corinthians 15:53).

This glorified body is made for the new heavens and new earth, the eternal state, in which the unified body and spirit of humans will exist fully in the presence of God as we were made to exist, fully enjoying the presence of God in the context of our body-spirit unity (Revelation 21:1-4). As for the timing of the judgment, within orthodox Christian teaching, there is disagreement about how many judgments are to occur and what the timing of them will be. This point is peripheral to the central doctrines of the faith, and has no bearing on the harmony of these passages. The main point to consider here is that there is no contradiction between the cited passages, but that those who are saved can expect to be united with God in death, but to be reunited with the body in our final form in the eternal state.

https://carm.org/waiting-period-dying-heaven
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by churchkilo(m): 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
this shouldn't be our priority ,rather we should be concerned with being qualified to be with Him when we exit this world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by tijusegele(m): 5:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
Wen God pronoun dat a person shall die, d soul leaves d body to return 2 d one who gve it. Immediately it praise d glory of God most high. This is what dey wil receive in 7stages
1. D 1st joy is to ve struggled hard and won d victory over d evil impulse
2. Dey c d endless wanderin of d souls of d wicked n d punishmnt waitin 4 dem
3. Dey c d good report der maker has given abt dem
4. Dey appreciate d place of rest wher dey wil b guarded by angels
5. D rejoice because dey escape d corrupt world and receive d future life as der possession 4 eva
6. Dey wil see hw der faze will shine lik d sun and dey will b lik d lite of d stars dat neva die
7. D last and best of all wen dey rush 2 meet God faze 2 faze wth perfect trust n hapinezz wthout any fear or shame
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by urheme: 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
Horrible posts here. Looks like a vampire movie.

cactuscee:

You expect normal people to belief this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by JusticeSeeker: 7:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

my brother, the answer to your question is in the Bible where Christ told the repentant criminal on the cross that today you shall be with me in paradise. Luke 23:43
at the point of death, our souls are separated from the body and the soul goes to paradise if you're a believer on the other hand if you're a sinner, your soul goes to hell fire and not lake of fire as found in Revelation 20:11-15. at the rapture, your soul shall be united with the body and then given immortality for those that died but for those saints alive, their mortal bodies shall be changed into immortality since no mortal will make heaven I Corinthians 15:52 - 56.
summary, a saint dies without judgment goes to paradise, the sinner dies and goes to hell fire after s/he is made to know why their destiny. I hope Aribisala has not confused you?

1 Like

Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by Great0: 8:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dead in christ will be in a place called Abraham Bosom waiting for the day of rapture
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
JusticeSeeker:

my brother, the answer to your question is in the Bible where Christ told the repentant criminal on the cross that today you shall be with me in paradise. Luke 23:43
at the point of death, our souls are separated from the body and the soul goes to paradise if you're a believer on the other hand if you're a sinner, your soul goes to hell fire and not lake of fire as found in Revelation 20:11-15. at the rapture, your soul shall be united with the body and then given immortality for those that died but for those saints alive, their mortal bodies shall be changed into immortality since no mortal will make heaven I Corinthians 15:52 - 56.
summary, a saint dies without judgment goes to paradise, the sinner dies and goes to hell fire after s/he is made to know why their destiny. I hope Aribisala has not confused you?

Who is Aribisala? undecided
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by JusticeSeeker: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Who is Aribisala? undecided
one false prophet that has been turning the Scriptures upside down in some of the print media especially Sunday Tribune. Google this "Femi Aribisala "
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2015
churchkilo:

this shouldn't be our priority ,rather we should be concerned with being qualified to be with Him when we exit this world

That doesn't rule out the question of the OP. The Bible has answers to all the questions of man. smiley
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2015
tijusegele:

Wen God pronoun dat a person shall die, d soul leaves d body to return 2 d one who gve it. Immediately it praise d glory of God most high. This is what dey wil receive in 7stages
1. D 1st joy is to ve struggled hard and won d victory over d evil impulse
2. Dey c d endless wanderin of d souls of d wicked n d punishmnt waitin 4 dem
3. Dey c d good report der maker has given abt dem
4. Dey appreciate d place of rest wher dey wil b guarded by angels
5. D rejoice because dey escape d corrupt world and receive d future life as der possession 4 eva
6. Dey wil see hw der faze will shine lik d sun and dey will b lik d lite of d stars dat neva die
7. D last and best of all wen dey rush 2 meet God faze 2 faze wth perfect trust n hapinezz wthout any fear or shame

Have you got biblical scriptures to buttress your points? undecided
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
JusticeSeeker:

one false prophet that has been turning the Scriptures upside down in some of the print media especially Sunday Tribune. Google this "Femi Aribisala "

May the Lord deliver him.
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by dolphinheart(m): 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2015
People and false teachings sha!

You believe but wunt use the scriptures as the basis for ur explanation!
Where does the bible say soul goes after death?
What does the bible say happens to souls at death?
What does the bible say happens to the spirit in man at death?
What other spirit does the bible compare the spirit in man with?
What does the bible say happens to man at death?
What does/did God call man and animals.
Where is paradise?
What happens to humans that don't experience the so called rapture after the so called rapture has come and gone?
When did humans start going to heaven , before or after the ransome was payed?

If you can use the scriptures to answer these questions, then you will know ur beliefs are true, but if you cannot, dnt be strongheaded to ask those who can.
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:53am On Jul 22, 2015
dolphinheart:

People and false teachings sha!

You believe but wunt use the scriptures as the basis for ur explanation!
Where does the bible say soul goes after death?
What does the bible say happens to souls at death?
What does the bible say happens to the spirit in man at death?
What other spirit does the bible compare the spirit in man with?
What does the bible say happens to man at death?
What does/did God call man and animals.

Ecclesiastes 3:21; 12:7

dolphinheart:

Where is paradise?

Luke 23:43; 16:22; Ephesians 4:8-11;

dolphinheart:

What happens to humans that don't experience the so called rapture after the so called rapture has come and gone?

Matthew 24:6-8; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 5:3, 9

dolphinheart:

When did humans start going to heaven , before or after the ransome was payed?

Hebrews 11:4, 5

dolphinheart:

If you can use the scriptures to answer these questions, then you will know ur beliefs are true, but if you cannot, dnt be strongheaded to ask those who can.

Now that I have used scriptures to answer your questions the ball in now in your court to either believe it or misinterpret it. The truth that you know and act upon shall set you free indeed. smiley

1 Like

Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by italo: 8:14am On Jul 22, 2015
Let me save you people from confusion. There are two judgements. I always tell you: listen to the Catholic Church that Christ founded. It cannot teach error, like you and your man-made "churches."

Catechism of the Catholic Church:

I. The Particular Judgment

1021 Death puts an end to human life as the time open to either accepting or rejecting the divine grace manifested in Christ. The New Testament speaks of judgment primarily in its aspect of the final encounter with Christ in his second coming, but also repeatedly affirms that each will be rewarded immediately after death in accordance with his works and faith. the parable of the poor man Lazarus and the words of Christ on the cross to the good thief, as well as other New Testament texts speak of a final destiny of the soul -a destiny which can be different for some and for others.

1022 Each man receives his eternal retribution in his immortal soul at the very moment of his death, in a particular judgment that refers his life to Christ: either entrance into the blessedness of heaven-through a purification or immediately, or immediate and everlasting damnation.594

At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love.

V. The Last Judgment

1038 The resurrection of all the dead, "of both the just and the unjust," will precede the Last Judgment. This will be "the hour when all who are in the tombs will hear [the Son of man's] voice and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment." Then Christ will come "in his glory, and all the angels with him .... Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left.... and they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

1039 In the presence of Christ, who is Truth itself, the truth of each man's relationship with God will be laid bare. The Last Judgment will reveal even to its furthest consequences the good each person has done or failed to do during his earthly life:

All that the wicked do is recorded, and they do not know. When "our God comes, he does not keep silence.". . . he will turn towards those at his left hand: . . . "I placed my poor little ones on earth for you. I as their head was seated in heaven at the right hand of my Father - but on earth my members were suffering, my members on earth were in need. If you gave anything to my members, what you gave would reach their Head. Would that you had known that my little ones were in need when I placed them on earth for you and appointed them your stewards to bring your good works into my treasury. But you have placed nothing in their hands; therefore you have found nothing in my presence."

1040 The Last Judgment will come when Christ returns in glory. Only the Father knows the day and the hour; only he determines the moment of its coming. Then through his Son Jesus Christ he will pronounce the final word on all history. We shall know the ultimate meaning of the whole work of creation and of the entire economy of salvation and understand the marvellous ways by which his Providence led everything towards its final end. the Last Judgment will reveal that God's justice triumphs over all the injustices committed by his creatures and that God's love is stronger than death.

1041 The message of the Last Judgment calls men to conversion while God is still giving them "the acceptable time, . . . the day of salvation." It inspires a holy fear of God and commits them to the justice of the Kingdom of God. It proclaims the "blessed hope" of the Lord's return, when he will come "to be glorified in his saints, and to be marvelled at in all who have believed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by dolphinheart(m): 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
@ OLAADEGBU

I asked : Where does the bible say soul goes after death?
You skipped that question, why? Pls answer in ur reply .

I asked ;What does the bible say happens to souls at death?
You sidestep the question , why ? Pls answer the question if you can.

I asked :What does the bible say happens to the spirit in man at death?

These is where we can apply eccl 12:7 u posted which says: and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave
it.

The verse poses some further question to you, I ask these cus of ur refusal to explain the bible verses you posted.
A. Does the spirit of man literarily go back to God when the man dies.? Thought some people say that some spirit goes straight to hell?
B. Some people believe that God is everywhere, so if the spirit goes back to God, does it go to a particular place e.g heaven, or does it go everywhere?
C. That verse says "God who gave it " . Why is the word "it" used if man is a spirit.? Does it not mean that the spirit is not man but rather something else that enables the man to be alive?

I Asked: What other spirit does the bible compare the spirit in man with?
You have not answered these question also.

I asked :What does the bible say happens to man at death?

You have refused to answer these question in detail. Though eccl 12:7 gives us some answers, but I believe the bible gives us further details.

I asked :What does/did God call man and animals.
These you have not answered also. Why?

You posted. Ecclesiastes 3:21;
Here is what that verse says:
(New International Version
Who knows if the human spirit
rises upward and if the spirit of
the animal goes down into the
earth?"

New Living Translation
For who can prove that the
human spirit goes up and the
spirit of animals goes down
into the earth?

King James Bible
Who knoweth the spirit of man
that goeth upward, and the
spirit of the beast that goeth
downward to the earth?)

Now can you answer the question in that verse? Do you know if the spirit of man goes upward or downward?

I asked : Where is paradise?
You posted Luke 23:43; these verse does not tell us where paradise is.

You posted Luke 16:22; these verse does not make mention of the word "paradise" and it also did not tell us where paradise is . If it does pls let us know.

You posted Ephesians 4:8-11; these verse does not make mention of paradise, neither did it tell us where paradise is. If I'm wrong pls explain I'm ur reply.

I asked :What happens to humans that don't experience the so called rapture after the so called rapture has come and gone?

You posted Matthew 24:6-8; which says:
(You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed.
Such things must happen, but
the end is still to come.
7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against
kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains

Are you saying this prophecy is about what will happen to humans after the so called rapture?
Thought jesus was talking to his followers about what will happen to them and the world in the last days. Are you saying there are people who will be followers of jesus after the rapture? If this is so, why are they not raptured initially? What will happen to those ones eventually(pls add scripture).

You posted 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; which says:
(13 And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died f so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will
bring back with him the believers who have died.
15 We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet him ahead of those who have died. g 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died h will rise from their graves. 17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be
caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. 18 So encourage each other with these words.)

It seems you dnt really understand the question with these verse you posted. I asked what happens to humans Who are on earth "after" and not "before" or "during" the so called rapture . Abi humans no go dey earth again after the rapture?

You also posted 5:3, 9, which says :
(3 While people are saying,
“Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
9 For God did not appoint us to
suffer wrath but to receive
salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.)

Pls read the question again.

I asked: When did humans start going to heaven , before or after the ransome was payed?

You posted Hebrews 11:4, 5 which says:
(4 By faith Abel brought God
a better offering than Cain did.
By faith he was commended
as righteous, when God spoke
well of his offerings. And by
faith Abel still speaks, even
though he is dead.
5 By faith Enoch was taken
from this life, so that he did not
experience death: “He could
not be found, because God
had taken him away.” a For
before he was taken, he was
commended as one who
pleased God.

Sir, i did not see "heaven" in those verses , neither did those verses say Abel and enoch went to heaven.
That enoch was taken away does not mean he went to heaven.
Do you think there is need for a ransom if man can gain enter heaven. ? What are the conditions man must meet to enter heaven, did these people meet them?

You think you have used the scriptures to answer the questions , but you have not , posting bible verses is not the answer, explaining those verses in relation to ur beliefs is the right way to do things , anybody can post hundreds of verses without explaining them.
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
italo:

Let me save you people from confusion. There are two judgements. I always tell you: listen to the Catholic Church that Christ founded. It cannot teach error, like you and your man-made "churches."

Catechism of the Catholic Church:

I. The Particular Judgment

1021 Death puts an end to human life as the time open to either accepting or rejecting the divine grace manifested in Christ. The New Testament speaks of judgment primarily in its aspect of the final encounter with Christ in his second coming, but also repeatedly affirms that each will be rewarded immediately after death in accordance with his works and faith. the parable of the poor man Lazarus and the words of Christ on the cross to the good thief, as well as other New Testament texts speak of a final destiny of the soul -a destiny which can be different for some and for others.

1022 Each man receives his eternal retribution in his immortal soul at the very moment of his death, in a particular judgment that refers his life to Christ: either entrance into the blessedness of heaven-through a purification or immediately, or immediate and everlasting damnation.594

At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love.

V. The Last Judgment

1038 The resurrection of all the dead, "of both the just and the unjust," will precede the Last Judgment. This will be "the hour when all who are in the tombs will hear [the Son of man's] voice and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment." Then Christ will come "in his glory, and all the angels with him .... Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left.... and they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

1039 In the presence of Christ, who is Truth itself, the truth of each man's relationship with God will be laid bare. The Last Judgment will reveal even to its furthest consequences the good each person has done or failed to do during his earthly life:

All that the wicked do is recorded, and they do not know. When "our God comes, he does not keep silence.". . . he will turn towards those at his left hand: . . . "I placed my poor little ones on earth for you. I as their head was seated in heaven at the right hand of my Father - but on earth my members were suffering, my members on earth were in need. If you gave anything to my members, what you gave would reach their Head. Would that you had known that my little ones were in need when I placed them on earth for you and appointed them your stewards to bring your good works into my treasury. But you have placed nothing in their hands; therefore you have found nothing in my presence."

1040 The Last Judgment will come when Christ returns in glory. Only the Father knows the day and the hour; only he determines the moment of its coming. Then through his Son Jesus Christ he will pronounce the final word on all history. We shall know the ultimate meaning of the whole work of creation and of the entire economy of salvation and understand the marvellous ways by which his Providence led everything towards its final end. the Last Judgment will reveal that God's justice triumphs over all the injustices committed by his creatures and that God's love is stronger than death.

1041 The message of the Last Judgment calls men to conversion while God is still giving them "the acceptable time, . . . the day of salvation." It inspires a holy fear of God and commits them to the justice of the Kingdom of God. It proclaims the "blessed hope" of the Lord's return, when he will come "to be glorified in his saints, and to be marvelled at in all who have believed.

We are still waiting for you to flex your muscles in the thread (List of false roman catholic teachings) you pretended not to have seen.
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by italo: 5:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

We are still waiting for you to flex your muscles in the thread (List of false roman catholic teachings) you pretended not to have seen.

We have been talking on that thread yet you come here to lie that I pretended not to see the thread.

Is lying not a sin in your protestant church shop?

Anyway there are two judgements. It is not "flexing muscles," it is tapping from the "fullness of truth" which only exists in God's Catholic Church, not your made-made shops where your pastors make you eat snakes.
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
italo:

We have been talking on that thread yet you come here to lie that I pretended not to see the thread.

Is lying not a sin in your protestant church shop?

Anyway there are two judgements. It is not "flexing muscles," it is tapping from the "fullness of truth" which only exists in God's Catholic Church, not your made-made shops where your pastors make you eat snakes.

Yes, we have been talking on that thread but all you did was to prevaricate, evading the pertinent questions raised. I didn't see you flex your doctrinal muscle as you are doing here.
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by italo: 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, we have been talking on that thread but all you did was to prevaricate evading the pertinent questions raised. I didn't see you flex your doctrinal muscle as you are doing here.

Aha! So you lied when you said:

Why should I take a shameless liar like you seriously?

Why should I treat you as a reasonable debater?

Why should I let you tell me how to reply your lies?

smiley

1 Like

Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02am On Jul 23, 2015
italo:

Aha! So you lied when you said:

Do you know what it means to lie? If I had inadvertently said that you pretended not to have seen the thread does that constitute as a lie? If it does in your dictionary then I unreservedly apologise. cry

italo:

Why should I take a shameless liar like you seriously?

Why should I treat you as a reasonable debater?

Why should I let you tell me how to reply your lies?

smiley

To err is human but to forgive is divine. You should not be too harsh with someone who makes a mistake, because all human beings make mistakes. cheesy

italo:

Believers in Christ will not be judged as their sins have already been judged in Christ Jesus.
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by italo: 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Do you know what it means to lie? If I had inadvertently said that you pretended not to have seen the thread does that constitute as a lie? If it does in your dictionary then I unreservedly apologise. cry

To err is human but to forgive is divine. You should not be too harsh with someone who makes a mistake, because all human beings make mistakes. cheesy

Go and apologize to God for being a shameless liar.
OLAADEGBU:

Believers in Christ will not be judged as their sins have already been judged in Christ Jesus.

Another lie! No wonder you lie for a living - because you were lied to in your protestant shop that you are saved so you will go to heaven even if you bomb an airplane. This is what happens when you don't listen to God's Catholic Church. You have to come up with lie after lie to defend your heresy.

1Pet4:17 For the time has come for judgment to begin with the household of God; if it begins with us, what will be the end for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Rev20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Also another book was opened, the book of life. And the dead were judged according to their works, as recorded in the books. 13 And the sea gave up the dead that were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and all were judged according to what they had done.

1Cor3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

2Cor5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

1 Like

Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:49am On Jul 26, 2015
italo:

Go and apologize to God for being a shameless liar.

Jesus has forgiven me already. So you now believe that I have to confess to Jesus, what happened to your priests? Are they no longer forgiving sins? undecided

"But why do you judge your brother? or why do you set at nought your brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ" (Romans 14:10).

italo:

Another lie! No wonder you lie for a living - because you were lied to in your protestant shop that you are saved so you will go to heaven even if you bomb an airplane. This is what happens when you don't listen to God's Catholic Church. You have to come up with lie after lie to defend your heresy.

1Pet4:17 For the time has come for judgment to begin with the household of God; if it begins with us, what will be the end for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

I thank God that you or your priests are not my judge otherwise I would receive no mercy. And before you run off with the verse you quoted up there you should balance it up with other verses such as the one below so you can have a better understanding of who Peter, who you claim is your first Pope is talking about. Take note of the bolded in both verses.

"In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power; When He shall come to be glorified in His saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day" (2 Thessalonians 1:8-10).

"For if we judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world" (1 Corinthians 11:31-32).

True Christians either judge themselves or are disciplined by the Lord. We are not judged together with the world because we have already been judged in Christ.

italo:

Rev20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Also another book was opened, the book of life. And the dead were judged according to their works, as recorded in the books. 13 And the sea gave up the dead that were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and all were judged according to what they had done.

1Cor3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

2Cor5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

The Judgment seat of Christ (1 Cor. 3:11-15; 2 Cor. 5:10; Romans 14:10) is what I would describe as an award ceremony where rewards or loss of rewards for believers are being determined. A thousand years after this, those who did not know God will be brought before God's white throne of Judgment (Rev.20:11-15) to be judged according to their works (note that there are books and there is a book of life). Those whose names were not found in the book of life were judged according to their works. This should tell you that believers are not judged together with the unbelievers but receive either rewards or their works will be burnt by fire but they are saved.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reviewing Christian Apologetics Vs Christian Activism / TB Joshua In Hell,nnamdi Kanu May Not See The End Of.... / Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.