Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,030 members, 7,841,912 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). (58058 Views)

Oro Nipa Osole Owo Nla / Obatala Festival 2017 - Trinidad And Tobago / 131-year-old "Iya Orisa" Living Under Olumo Rock - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by kane33: 7:58am On Aug 09, 2015
Na wa
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 09, 2015
...because I the lord ur God, I am a jealous God

Qul huwa'lahu Ahad
Say Allah is one!
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 09, 2015
BabaLahi:
Na fake Obatala b dis1

interesting.
How's that?
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by yinkarh187(m): 10:39am On Aug 09, 2015
Owoplenty:
same stories that was told in your books,and theirs are more elaborative and practical.
practical in d sense of magic nd other fetish stuff abi. Even scientist nd historians can prove nd trace the Quran back to Muhammad... Tell me which scientist prove d existence of obatala or whatever deity u worship.
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by yinkarh187(m): 10:42am On Aug 09, 2015
macof:

Must you force human sacrifice on Isese?

And when I put "" blood" in bracket. ..I thought you would be intelligent enough to realize that the other form of sacrifice would be service to the shrines
mfker so ur god is dat hungry dat he need sacrifice b4 he can be appeased? Whatever happen to prayer?
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by yinkarh187(m): 10:43am On Aug 09, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

fvck u ba.stard.
tell dat to ur obatala
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by yinkarh187(m): 10:46am On Aug 09, 2015
macof:

grin grin you are lost. I'll advise you to seek an elder in your extended family to learn at least a little about yourself and ur family heritage... the only gullible ancestor you have was the one who was dumb enough to be blackmailed into islam

What wonders exist in ur life that you think non muslims don't have undecided
all d elders in my family have wokrn from d dark into d light niqqa. Nd u ask wat wonders we have as a Muslim. PEACE niqqa nd it's very important. PEACE in d sense dat i don't have to worry if my God is hungry so that I'll make sacrifice for him. PEACE in d sense dat i don't have to dance in d hot sun b4 i know my God is not mad @ me.... Niqqa embrace It!
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 09, 2015
yinkarh187:
practical in d sense of magic nd other fetish stuff abi. Even scientist nd historians can prove nd trace the Quran back to Muhammad... Tell me which scientist prove d existence of obatala or whatever deity u worship.

I have intentionally avoided you because you're no different from the mentally deranged who detonate bombd everywhere - both extremists.

FYI, every deity followed in Yoruba land once existed and their relics exist. There is no need to sit at the comfort of your home, go out there, explore and research, you'll see what scientists and researchers have found about the existence of these deities - or you thought the recent influx of foreigners to be initiated into these things na beans?

The world is fast realizing your foreign belief system is a sham and a quick catalyst to throw the world into chaos, many people are starting to exit to become deists or atheists.

Not just the Quran was traced back to Muhammed, the new age terrorism, religious intolerance, paedophilia, rape, arson, bloodletting and many more atrocities have been traced to him as well, you forgot to mention.

Enjoy your day.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 09, 2015
yinkarh187:
all d elders in my family have wokrn from d dark into d light niqqa. Nd u ask wat wonders we have as a Muslim. PEACE niqqa nd it's very important. PEACE in d sense dat i don't have to worry if my God is hungry so that I'll make sacrifice for him. PEACE in d sense dat i don't have to dance in d hot sun b4 i know my God is not mad @ me.... Niqqa embrace It!

Actually, they walked or worked from the dark into dark.

There is no peace in any religion, peace is form within. Else, why is islam trying so hard to be the catalyst for WW3?

If we begin to compare and contrast religion sir or ma, you'd hate your islam. So don't even start.

1 Like

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 09, 2015
yinkarh187:
mfker so ur god is dat hungry dat he need sacrifice b4 he can be appeased? Whatever happen to prayer?

And your own god is such a barbeque lover that bomb explosion roasted flesh of humans is now his favourite meal? He has gone from taking ram to human?

cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 09, 2015
vickylala239:

Doe I Dnt undastnd u.with all this pics.

All am saying is go n read d Bible.

Doe I knw ur a cultist,nothing I will say will change ur hrt. Bt d Bible cn.

Actually, the Jews from whom Christianity stemmed take bible as a joke. Why direct him to what its source does not autheticate, likewise how Christianity does not authenticate islam in anyway or is Muhammed the supposed comforter that was meant to bring succor to humans? From his records and records of his present followers, I do not think so.
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 09, 2015
HonChidon:
This is very informative and educative as an igbo guy i use to tink obatala and oduduwa are deities in yoruba land and i here people saying Oduduwa is d father of Yoruba land can u please make me understand how oduduwa became the father or rather d head of Yoruba land since Obatala reigned before him?

Nice one sir.

Oduduwa was the father of the modern Yoruba, he set the standard for socio-political system in Ife that was replicated across Yoruba-land. As a result, he is the father of Yoruba by the system he introduced not like he gave birth to all Yoruba folks.
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Owoplenty(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2015
yinkarh187:
ooh! i would'nt question the identity of the writer,but veracity of its contents. and even your Quran attested to the existence of magic/miracle working god
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by yinkarh187(m): 11:51am On Aug 09, 2015
Owoplenty:
ooh! i would'nt question the identity of the writer,but veracity of its contents. and even your Quran attested to the existence of magic/miracle working god
yes nd d Quran told us to seek refuge against it...nd d magic will only work on u if you believe in it
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by yinkarh187(m): 11:58am On Aug 09, 2015
9jacrip:

And your own god is such a barbeque lover that bomb explosion roasted flesh of humans is now his favourite meal? He has gone from taking ram to human?

cheesy
i don't think i have to respond to dis cos I know you know d ans urslf. We both know dose guys are just hiding under d pretence of being Muslims.. The same God dat wrote in his book dat killing is 1 of d greatest sin will order some group of ppl to kill anoda? Think my broda
And as for d ram issh... Wen dd u ever see us offering even a lump of flesh to God as sacrifice? We eat it all just for celebration.
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Owoplenty(m): 11:59am On Aug 09, 2015
yinkarh187:
yes nd d Quran told us to seek refuge against it...nd d magic will only work on u if you believe in it
it's obscurantism to believe that,i can't
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:08pm On Aug 09, 2015
yinkarh187:
tell dat to ur obatala

tell dat to ur allah

muhammad child rapist wife stealer

4 Likes

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2015
yinkarh187:
i don't think i have to respond to dis cos I know you know d ans urslf. We both know dose guys are just hiding under d pretence of being Muslims.. The same God dat wrote in his book dat killing is 1 of d greatest sin will order some group of ppl to kill anoda? Think my broda
And as for d ram issh... Wen dd u ever see us offering even a lump of flesh to God as sacrifice? We eat it all just for celebration.

You eat it but do you drink the blood?
Traditionalists offer animals by spilling its blood to the earth, you folks kill ram and spill its blood on the earth, what is the difference?

The same god that said not to kill orders you to kill infidels, is he confused?

2 Likes

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2015
yinkarh187:

You do not believe in aluwo then?
Why don't we meet and I hit you with just a ring that you do not believe in and we see if it would have any effect on you or not.
I will put you on camera and have the whole world watch you eating sand then get a female to pee on you (if we ever find any willing to do it) till you get yourself together.
Even your quran will not be able to save you.

Dey fool yourself cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by bobbydbobo: 12:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
9jacrip, I'm surprised ure joining words with some ignorant and uneducated lots here who have thrown away their birth rights and God given talents.
You look up so much to the workings of foreigners, if you believe in that system, it's by choice, believing that Jesus is the one true King is your choice. But believing that those who practice their own traditional religion are bad and trying to relegate them to the background is so backward.
Until you know that these people had their religion like u had yours, they came, subdued and conquered u, made u feel they are superior to u, up to the point now that in ur words, thoughts and deeds, all that you are and all yours seems inferior, except it is from the western world. U want to keep taking paracetamol and other drugs that are made specially for ur market, drugs that uve abused so much that ur livers are being eaten up steady, Agbo, u won't take. Wearing native attires to an interview makes u automatically lose ur job but when ure on suit and Tie, ure the man. And then u continue to take this out on culture and religion , annoying thing is this is your culture and tradition, and then the white man even comes to tell u your story, history and tradition. Shame on those lots. Adunni Olorisha(Susan Wenger, God rest her soul) is one of those who lived to appreciate our culture, I bet she would tell u lot your ancestry. Many of u will grow up having children who would know nothing about their history, tradition and all and will live another people's life till they die, once again, SHAME on u lot, likes of dem yinkarh187 and vivalick or what's dat one called. Pity.
9jacrip happen nao? Omu............dun grin

3 Likes

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by labamo07(m): 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
9jacrip:

I have intentionally avoided you because you're no different from the mentally deranged who detonate bombd everywhere - both extremists.

FYI, every deity followed in Yoruba land once existed and their relics exist. There is no need to sit at the comfort of your home, go out there, explore and research, you'll see what scientists and researchers have found about the existence of these deities - or you thought the recent influx of foreigners to be initiated into these things na beans?

The world is fast realizing your foreign belief system is a sham and a quick catalyst to throw the world into chaos, many people are starting to exit to become deists or atheists.

Not just the Quran was traced back to Muhammed, the new age terrorism, religious intolerance, paedophilia, rape, arson, bloodletting and many more atrocities have been traced to him as well, you forgot to mention.

Enjoy your day.
Bro, you just fall my hands with what you have written here, I have actually been looking for your responses to educate myself on the thread. I am a Muslim and I like to get myself informed without prejudice. I expect you to educate the person that ask question or raised observation and not to be ridiculous. FYI, The Quran has in no way preached/support terrorism.
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
labamo07:

Bro, you just fall my hands with what you have written here, I have actually been looking for your responses to educate myself on the thread. I am a Muslim and I like to get myself informed without prejudice. I expect you to educate the person that ask question or raised observation and not to be ridiculous. FYI, The Quran has in no way preached/support terrorism.

Apologies o jare.
The person wanted to go the way of mud-slinging even though I tried very hard to avoid him and wished him God's blessings.
E ma binu.

1 Like

Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 09, 2015
bobbydbobo:
9jacrip, I'm surprised ure joining words with some ignorant and uneducated lots here who have thrown away their birth rights and God given talents.
You look up so much to the workings of foreigners, if you believe in that system, it's by choice, believing that Jesus is the one true King is your choice. But believing that those who practice their own traditional religion are bad and trying to relegate them to the background is so backward.
Until you know that these people had their religion like u had yours, they came, subdued and conquered u, made u feel they are superior to u, up to the point now that in ur words, thoughts and deeds, all that you are and all yours seems inferior, except it is from the western world. U want to keep taking paracetamol and other drugs that are made specially for ur market, drugs that uve abused so much that ur livers are being eaten up steady, Agbo, u won't take. Wearing native attires to an interview makes u automatically lose ur job but when ure on suit and Tie, ure the man. And then u continue to take this out on culture and religion , annoying thing is this is your culture and tradition, and then the white man even comes to tell u your story, history and tradition. Shame on those lots. Adunni Olorisha(Susan Wenger, God rest her soul) is one of those who lived to appreciate our culture, I bet she would tell u lot your ancestry. Many of u will grow up having children who would know nothing about their history, tradition and all and will live another people's life till they die, once again, SHAME on u lot, likes of dem yinkarh187 and vivalick or what's dat one called. Pity.
9jacrip happen nao? Omu............dun grin

Nice though my brother in blood.

Omu bobby fc dun ni.
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by yinkarh187(m): 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
9jacrip:

You eat it but do you drink the blood?
Traditionalists offer animals by spilling its blood to the earth, you folks kill ram and spill its blood on the earth, what is the difference?

The same god that said not to kill orders you to kill infidels, is he confused?

shld I say you're confused or u just chose to act lyk u are.. Tell me where God said we shld kill the infidels. And after Killing d ram where else will d blood go (it will suspend in air?) and how is d earth anyway connected to God?
Nd dat mfker saying I've thrown away my birth right.. Listen, my dad each day will pray for his forefathers for choosing d right path if not who knows I'll also be carrying calabash lyk u
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by yinkarh187(m): 1:10pm On Aug 09, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

tell dat to ur allah
muhammad child rapist wife stealer
eediot he stole ur forefada wife abi
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2015
vickylala239:

Keep reading junks Okkk..

Man created God!! Ur own Don Pass papaw leaf Na d root u Dey smoke Nw.

Dnt go n read Bible rather u prefer to go read junks!!

Y e no go Pass my comprehension, wen u defense knw say u wan deceive Ppl.

Na Ppl Lik u Dey Mke Ppl leave God run to jujuu n run bck wen d jujuu has dealt wit dem.

Wen teachers Dey teach for skool say humans bin form from ape Na Ppl Lik u dem Dey target.

U for Also tell Mi say Na my papa give birth to Mi,Since u don catch minutes to deceive.

U c Bible u no read Na junks u wan read
I'm not deceiving anybody here, after all I'm not making my view compulsory, I'm just educating the ignorant portion of your blockhead. Please provide me answers to the following questions.
The GOD that the west introduced to us know the end from the beginning shey? then why did he create 'DEVIL '? why did he create 'SIN'? why did he wipe out the whole land and leave only Noah? Don't you think that is simply partiality? since he created all things, why did he then destroy his creation again? please provide answers for my curiosity.
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by vickylala239: 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
ayxmania:

I'm not deceiving anybody here, after all I'm not making my view compulsory, I'm just educating the ignorant portion of your blockhead. Please provide me answers to the following questions.
The GOD that the west introduced to us know the end from the beginning shey? then why did he create 'DEVIL '? why did he create 'SIN'? why did he wipe out the whole land and leave only Noah? Don't you think that is simply partiality? since he created all things, why did he then destroy his creation again? please provide answers for my curiosity.

U nid crious deliverance!!!!

Ppl Lik u Dey turn text book upside dwn,Dey look for faults.

D prblm wit u is Dat,there is nothing I will say Dat will convince u.

This is Wat u get wen u read too much rubbish from d net.

Why Nt change n do righteous things.read d word of God.

From Wat u posted here,u need to strt from Genesis to read.wen u read u will knw Wat God created and Wat he didn't.u nid to strt from elementary.

Good enuf Christian Bible is Nt Lik other religion Whr u cnt read.with Bible u cn read n understand.

Nt Lik sun religion,Dat will b looking for words that only dem understand.

Wit Bible ur eyes will b open.

Go n buy Bible is Nt xpensv, with 2h to 5h u cn get a Bible.
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2015
vickylala239:

U nid crious deliverance!!!!

Ppl Lik u Dey turn text book upside dwn,Dey look for faults.

D prblm wit u is Dat,there is nothing I will say Dat will convince u.

This is Wat u get wen u read too much rubbish from d net.

Why Nt change n do righteous things.read d word of God.

From Wat u posted here,u need to strt from Genesis to read.wen u read u will knw Wat God created and Wat he didn't.u nid to strt from elementary.

Good enuf Christian Bible is Nt Lik other religion Whr u cnt read.with Bible u cn read n understand.

Nt Lik sun religion,Dat will b looking for words that only dem understand.

Wit Bible ur eyes will b open.

Go n buy Bible is Nt xpensv, with 2h to 5h u cn get a Bible.
bros that hasn't answered my question abeg. Provide me answers. I don't need to buy when I can easily download.
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by vickylala239: 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
ayxmania:

bros that hasn't answered my question abeg. Provide me answers. I don't need to buy when I can easily download.

Den dwnload.

If u Mst enter nursery school Atleast u nid to speak.

Dats y am saying u Hv u to go to Genesis, Atleast u will get idea before I teach u Wat u Dnt knw.
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2015
vickylala239:

Den dwnload.

If u Mst enter nursery school Atleast u nid to speak.

Dats y am saying u Hv u to go to Genesis, Atleast u will get idea before I teach u Wat u Dnt knw.
Maybe you haven't read your Bible to where it states God created the Heavens and the earth?
Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by vickylala239: 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
ayxmania:

Maybe you haven't read your Bible to where it states God created the Heavens and the earth?

Good ur on Genesis Nw.

Keep reading ur eyes will b open.

Good Wrk.keep it up.

Nw ur talking.

Quote more Bible portion for Mi,So Dat I will knw Hw far u Hv gone.

Good Wrk.
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 09, 2015
vickylala239:

Good ur on Genesis Nw.

Keep reading ur eyes will b open.

Good Wrk.keep it up.

Nw ur talking.

Quote more Bible portion for Mi,So Dat I will knw Hw far u Hv gone.

Good Wrk.
bros, I won't be drawn into a war of quotes with you. Just know for the past 2? years, the bible has been my companion. Please seek knowledge and you'll be fulfilled. Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

All Eyes On Oluwo Of Iwo At London Airport As He Arrives Country In Style.Photos / Oba Saheed Elegushi Buys Bulletproof Rolls Royce Gushi (Photos) / ‘Queen Firdaus Of Iwoland’, Oluwo Unveils New Wife (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.