Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,739 members, 7,834,475 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Effects Of Lamination On Certificate - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Effects Of Lamination On Certificate (54937 Views)

If You Talk Too Much: Health Effects Of Excessive Talkativeness / Five (5) Catastrophic Effects Of ASUU Strikes On University Students / Positive And Negative Effects Of Scrapped Post UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:01pm On Aug 26, 2015
Eidosky:
Some embassies and schools abroad reject laminated certificates. Reason is that the rubber used to laminate prevents the machine from reading the authenticity seal on it. I was a victim. I had to go through stress and expenses to get a new waec result since the original I laminated spoilt when I was trying to remove the laminate. Pls instead of laminating it, put it in the rubber but let them just seal the tip and not the whole body. So you can take it out anytime if required..
U can lie sha. Waec doesnt issue certificate twice ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by darlenese(f): 8:01pm On Aug 26, 2015
Tony36:
some organisations, such as embassies, foreign school, etc attach so much importance to the security mark on certificates. Lamination makes it difficult to inspect/verify the security seal.

If an Organisation or foreign School authorities have a problem with a laminated certificate , they can verify from the school the employee or candidate attended.

Have u forgotten how fawler was exposed recently .

3 Likes

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by arizona145(m): 8:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
Ya wuru la iha wu eziokwu, shimara la mu awurula onye nwuru anwu. Click like if you have laminated all your certificates

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Ay92(m): 8:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
Visocrate:
from my MSc.Ed , BSc .Ed , NCE ,NECO PRI SCH CERT. BIRTH CERT AND OTHERS. are all laminated so is there is any effect my name na SORRY
your post reminds me of a question that has been bothering me for sometimes now. Please is there any other career choice or profession that one can do with a Bsc.ed certificate apart from teaching.

Sorry for the diversion and thanks in anticipation of your reply.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
otabuko:
The issue is that if you laminate it, machines can't read the seal and hence it's authenticity, I remember my L.I on our POP warning us not to laminate our certificate of National service! Gracias!
Which yeye machine? Foreign schs deal with transcript sent by d sch ok. When i applied 2 a canadian uni dat was what they required ok
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Mznaett: 8:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
RedBenson:
I'm here to learn. We learn every day. Thank God say i never laminate that my primary 6 result.

Oga wey ur madam Aitee1 dey?wink
Thank God say una don reconcile otongue
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by fulanigirl(f): 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
Visocrate:
from my MSc.Ed , BSc .Ed , NCE ,NECO PRI SCH CERT. BIRTH CERT AND OTHERS. are all laminated so is there is any effect my name na SORRY

Yes it does, as a lot of institutions and governments bodies do not accept them. My father laminated our birth certificates and it has affected me in many ways. I had to get another letter as proof of my birth
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
Ay92:

your post reminds me of a question that has been bothering me for sometimes now. Please is there any other career choice or profession that one can do with a Bsc.ed certificate apart from teaching.

Sorry for the diversion and thanks in anticipation of your reply.
Plenty like an ocean. Just believe in ur self ok.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
mathskill:
I have schooled abroad without encountering any problems and all my certs are laminated including the cert inobtained there. This days verification can be done by sending emails to schools.
fact
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Ibnisa: 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
Laminating has a serious effect on d laminated paper bcuz it affect d security mark of d paper whic end up making d owner of d paper suspicious in d eyes of whoever cum across d photocopy
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
darlenese:

If an Organisation or foreign School authorities have a problem with a laminated certificate , they can verify from the school the employee or candidate attended.

Have u forgotten how fawler was exposed recently .
Exactly, who go trust Nigerians wey fit use Toronto university 2 lie grin

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by nkemdi89(f): 8:09pm On Aug 26, 2015
Instead of laminating its better you make use of that clear bag to prevent moisture, besides one shouldn't be too rough when handling sensitive documents, even my open university certificate they started warning us the moment the certificate was awarded to us at the convocation ground that we shouldn't laminate it.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by tonimenia: 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
My Dear,

just scan all your Certificates and

save them in your Gmail, Yahoomail etc.

Then, go ahead and Laminates them.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by otabuko(m): 8:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Which yeye machine? Foreign schs deal with transcript sent by d sch ok. When i applied 2 a canadian uni dat was what they required ok
I made mention of NYSC CERTIFICATE....
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by darkhorizon: 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
mike4zeal:
I once heard that some certificate are heat sensitive or sometimes changes colour when you press it. Therefore, laminating such certificates may affect it and so theoretically render the certificate void, although I am not entirely sure.

So true..Abeg don't I laminate ur cert. oo
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by teemahteemah(f): 8:27pm On Aug 26, 2015
otabuko:
The issue is that if you laminate it, machines can't read the seal and hence it's authenticity, I remember my L.I on our POP warning us not to laminate our certificate of National service! Gracias!
The laminating machine overheated and hooked my NYSC cert. It was something else to get it out of that machine I was almost crying. Till today my NYSC cert if not smooth. Very rough lamination, reason why I have not laminated any other thing till today. Not even my children's birth certificate

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Mcslize: 8:31pm On Aug 26, 2015
mohammad11:
Such a good topic.
Be careful with those cert that have security seal on them BUT but others that doesn‘t have u can laminate.

If u think lamination is still a better choice then just seal the edges for future retrieval.

What of WAEC cert that had been laminated? Does it has a security seal? Do universities abroad demand for it to study a masters course?
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by noblegrex: 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2015
No effect if u don't want 1.if u want to laminate anywhere,ensure d lamination machine is very cool,or may be like 6-10 laminations has been done B4 yours or better still let d machine cool down cos of course u cannot be in a hurry to laminate else if the machine gets hot it will burn your cerificate.simple. Hot-cool no probs.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:44pm On Aug 26, 2015
mathskill:
I have schooled abroad without encountering any problems and all my certs are laminated including the cert obtained there. These days, verification can be done by sending emails to schools.

Thank you for this comment.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by chineduchidinma: 8:47pm On Aug 26, 2015
It's necessary to laminate your documents mostly those ones you can only get once in your life, like your certificates...
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:48pm On Aug 26, 2015
masties2:

Thank God o. HBP haff nearly killed me.

No be small thing but all the same, no more lamination of documents going forward.

3 Likes

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 26, 2015
Visocrate:
me too...all laminated..if by mistake them say e no good for use na die I dey..
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 26, 2015
Hmmm i don enter one chance be that oh...choii who send me message
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by NinaArsenal(f): 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2015
Thank God say I don learn something dis nth.. Aint gonna laminate ma HND certificate.. I Will educate others. Thanks nairalanders.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2015
Mznaett:

Oga wey ur madam Aitee1 dey?wink Thank God say una don reconcile otongue
I dey seriously vex with am. She no gree come bed last night.
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Tobium1(m): 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
Tony36:
Nothing happens to the certificate but the security mark is flattened out. The heat and pressure of the lamination machine wipes off the impression of security seal on any certificate.

Dat's de main reason NYSC warns against laminating ur call up letter, for easy verification of de seal, can remember very well how a gurl shedded her eyes out crying cos she was denied entrance into de camp,,reason; cos she laminated de letter

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Mznaett: 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
RedBenson:

I dey seriously vex with am. She no gree come bed last night.

So bcuz say she no gree cum bed na make u dey vex bah?undecided

Oya na continue owink
But remember say 2much garri na im dey cuz kwashiokor otongue hence her behaviour. Hop u knw varieties is d spice of lifegrin so let her experiment outside mbok
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by rajicks(m): 9:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
I just got to know the reason for not laminating certificates, all these while I knew it's not gud but don't know y it's not gud. Nice topic of discuss...
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by kehyndey(f): 9:13pm On Aug 26, 2015
Re: Effects Of Lamination On Certificate by Rexnegro(m): 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
Visocrate:
Ur name na still sorry as we speaks cos when the time comes you will no....are you self employed or you re got a got already ? If yes then you re saved cos some hrm prefer to feel and see ur certs when not laminated. Aside that also with time heat will damage it..except all ur certs are heat proof. My only cert laminated is my "state of origin" aside all other cert is not laminated but enclosed in a film envelope which rain/water proof.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JSS1 Textbook Teaching Masturbation As Abstinence Causes Outrage / HELP! Is Surname The First Name Or Last Name? / JAMB Bars Ejikeme Mmesoma for 3 Years, Releases more Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.