Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:43 PM

Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother (12372 Views)

Timipre Sylva Chills In His Abuja Mansion After EFCC Released His Seized Houses / Apc's Bayelsa Governorship Candidate Timipre Sylva Distributing Alcohol(Video) / Ex-militant Leader Denies Slapping Timipre Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by Blacksodje(m): 7:00pm On Oct 29, 2015
Unknown gunmen on Thursday in Bayelsa, kidnapped 100 year-old, Madam Ebifieghe Dikoro, mother of Elder Wilberforce Agiri, the running mate to the APC governorship candidate, Chief Timipre Sylva.

DAILY POST reliably gathered from community sources that the old woman was forcefully abducted at gunpoint early Thursday morning, at her home in Foropa community of Southern Ijaw Local Government Council of the State.

Community sources told newsmen in Yenagoa that the unidentified gunmen, thereafter, took the octogenarian away into the creek, aboard three speed boats.

When contacted, Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr. Asinim Butswat, who confirmed the incident, however, disclosed that the details of the incident were still very sketchy.

Following the incident, accusation and counter accusations have enveloped the political atmosphere in the state, as the APC and PDP governorship campaign organizations are currently drawn in a war of words.

Director of Media and Publicity for the Sylva/Agiri Campaign Organization, Chief Nathan Egba, told newsmen that the the abduction of the aged mother of Agiris could be attributed to the alleged violent campaign of the ruling PDP in the state.

He said: “We call on the PDP, particularly the Governorship candidate, to lower the political temperature in the state and lead by example as he seems to be preaching violence and insulting the APC leaders in all public events.

“The kidnap of the aged mother of the APC running mate is only the latest in a rash cases of kidnapping and sea piracy that has apparently overwhelmed the security agencies in the State.

“We recalled that last year, the uncle and guardian of our Governorship candidate, Chief Timipre Sylva, also died in the hands of the kidnappers. Yet, Governor Dickson kept shouting about peace and security.”

However, the Chairman of the Bayelsa Media Team, Hon. Dan Kikile, who responded on behalf of the PDP, condemned the kidnap of the old woman and equally, dismissed the claims by the APC as baseless.

He said the Gov. Dickson-administration had in the past raised an alarm over the increase in violent crimes in the state due to the activities of the APC.

”We are aware that these security issues are created to deliberately call to question our record on peace and security.

“Since they came, we have witnessed various kidnap cases of six traditional rulers in the State. Only recently, the political adviser to the Governor was kidnapped and now, the aged mother of the running mate of the APC.

“These people are desperate and want to put our good record into jeopardy,” Kikile said.
http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/29/bayelsa-gunmen-kidnap-aged-mother-of-sylvas-running-mate/
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:03pm On Oct 29, 2015
This is their way. Those people fit kidnap rat.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by Tunami(m): 7:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
Nawao niger delta nd kidnapping upon say amnesty dy on dem still dey kidnap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 29, 2015
I hope when this country fall off track, my community will be left untouched?
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by Blacksodje(m): 7:28pm On Oct 29, 2015
Nigeria wont split She will be found hale and hearty by the grace of God God bless Nigeria

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by damton(m): 8:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
I smell political undertones to this

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by sukkot: 8:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
wahala
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by Bonapart(m): 8:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by MadCow1: 8:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
And the Prime suspect is....

[size=28pt]PDP[/size]

cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by sweatlana: 8:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
Coco

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
These ppl have no soul.....a hundred year old woman for dat matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by alashg(m): 8:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
Naija is a joke I swear

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by StepTwo: 8:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
why not kidnap dickson or Sylva themselves instead of innocent people?

that is if this is political though.

wish Her good health and safe return.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by osaslord500(m): 8:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
angry
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by lolaxavier(m): 8:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
Na wa o...opposition don arrange d guy mama...

Wetin Dem wan take 100-year old mama do nah.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by kayo80(m): 8:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
Na wa for politics in Naija.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by ihatebuhari(f): 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
Wow
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by meshacha1: 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
Welcome to the new era of change.
Good morning

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by lonelydora: 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
Bayelsa is really boiling. No matter how hot they boil, person wey go win go still win. Politics is not a do or die affair.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by Ufranklin92(m): 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
grin
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by qualityovenbake(m): 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
Her kidnap is politically motivated. I hope this does not lead to blood shed by the two political party.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by sotall(m): 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by Smartresult(f): 8:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
Can you make quick money online? But first of all, What are scams? Is a program that promise to make you rich in the short possible time, they are mostly advertised as get rich quick programs. Will they make you rich in reality, the best answer should be no, this is why they are called scams.
Most people advertising scam product are doing it for one of the following reason,
Either to take away money directly from you, through fictitious advertisement, they will keep on telling you to subscribe for some service to

continue reading

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by LordMecuzy(m): 8:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
Nigerian Politics self. Don't you guys have Conscience? Haba 100yrs old woman una still wan suffer her for nothing... APC and PDP una well done oh..

Respect the elderly na

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
Pls they should release the old woman already
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by bronzegoddess(f): 8:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
Apc at work. I know what I'm saying.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by IYANGBALI: 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ghen ghen aksion film wan start
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by Dplaymaker(m): 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
Na him fellow politifians thief him mama

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by lrdval: 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
Kidnapping. Is still street accepted. Lol grin
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
Sylval kidnapped his mama. I play politics and I know how it works. It is a pity that he is using old method.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by IYANGBALI: 8:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Apc at work. I know what I'm saying.
to slap you just dey hungry me

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
K

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Industrial Court Holds Session For Ocholi / Nigerians Are Unfair To Buhari, Says El-rufai / Minister Directs IGP, NSCDC Boss To Relocate To North East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.