Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,052 members, 7,841,978 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Autopsy: Yes Or No - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Autopsy: Yes Or No (940 Views)

How Much Is An Autopsy Text Conducted In Nigeria / Yes, It Is Not Impossible. 'AA' Can Marry 'AS' And Give Birth To 'SS' / Finding The Cause Of Death (autopsy) Without Opening Up Bodies Is Now Possible, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Autopsy: Yes Or No by Change2015(m): 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
A question for you. Would you consent to an autopsy or not, in regard to yourself or a close relation where you have the authority to say yes or no. You may give your reasons, but a simple yes or no will suffice. Thanks

An autopsy is a medical procedure that consists of a thorough examination performed on a body after death, to evaluate disease or injury that may be present and to determine the cause and manner of a person's death.
Re: Autopsy: Yes Or No by delishpot: 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2015
No. I do not want my body butchered.
Re: Autopsy: Yes Or No by Nobody: 4:42am On Nov 24, 2015
delishpot:
No. I do not want my body butchered.
The soul is what is important.
Re: Autopsy: Yes Or No by Nobody: 4:45am On Nov 24, 2015
Yes. Yes.

If the cause of death is unknown (e.g. with sudden deaths), an autopsy can reveal it. Of course, it would not help you in any way, because you are already dead, but it would definitely help your family. "The cause" might be something they need to be aware of, for their own health; or just knowing can simply give them some closure rather than spending the rest of their lives wondering why/what happened.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Autopsy: Yes Or No by delishpot: 6:47am On Nov 24, 2015
Yieldings:

The soul is what is important.

Then they should leave the body alone and focus on the important soul.

If I want to donate my body for science I will make it clear to them otherwise they should burry me jejely. No embalment even. Wetin dem dey autopsy my 102 year old body for? if person die of old age na good thing cool

Even if they suspect poison, the most they should do is take blood and hair sample. If dem no fit use only those one confirm wetin dem suspect, then make dem leave case for God to judge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Autopsy: Yes Or No by Change2015(m): 11:20am On Nov 24, 2015
Need more responses pls

#Share
Re: Autopsy: Yes Or No by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
delishpot:

Then they should leave the body alone and focus on the important soul.

If I want to donate my body for science I will make it clear to them otherwise they should burry me jejely. No embalment even. Wetin dem dey autopsy my 102 year old body for? if person die of old age na good thing cool

Even if they suspect poison, the most they should do is take blood and hair sample. If dem no fit use only those one confirm wetin dem suspect, then make dem leave case for God to judge.

By "your soul is what is important" I meant your body will detetiorate [anyway], so why not use it to help the loved ones you left behind and/or other people? If you die at 102, then your death would be due to old age and/natural causes. Anyone who dies at that age has surpassed their life expectancy and no coroner or Forensic Pathologist would agree to an autopsy in that case. But this is an hypothetical situation in which you die unexpectedly way before that age, and the cause is unknown. If you have children, for example, and you suddenly die, but an autopsy will confirm your cause of death, such as a hereditary disease. Wouldn't you want them to know? Even if it's just to prevent them from living the rest of their lives with unanswered questions, that alone should move you. You are simply thinking about yourself. But your choice, your family.
Re: Autopsy: Yes Or No by delishpot: 8:03pm On Nov 25, 2015
Yieldings:

By "your soul is what is important" I meant your body will detetiorate [anyway], so why not use it to help the loved ones you left behind and/or other people? If you die at 102, then your death would be due to old age and/natural causes. Anyone who dies at that age has surpassed their life expectancy and no coroner or Forensic Pathologist would agree to an autopsy in that case. But this is an hypothetical situation in which you die unexpectedly way before that age, and the cause is unknown. If you have children, for example, and you suddenly die, but an autopsy will confirm your cause of death, such as a hereditary disease. Wouldn't you want them to know? Even if it's just to prevent them from living the rest of their lives with unanswered questions, that alone should move you. You are simply thinking about yourself. But your choice, your family.

No Autopsy angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Stomach Pain And Urge To Visit The Rest Room After Meal / Please Share This Until It Goes Viral. It Could Help Someone / Staying Healthy By Using Natural Fruits Glycerin Soaps.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.