Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,079 members, 7,832,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria (53241 Views)

First Bank Main Market Onitsha On Fire (Live Pictures) / Shoprite Onitsha On Sundays Turn Into Second Main Market / Children Playing At The Premises Of Onitsha Mall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by triple996(m): 2:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
waoooo
how true is this claim of it been the largest market in west Africa??
largest market base on what exactly,is it land mass, commercial capacity, or volume of goods. have we survey other markets around lagos and kano to know that onisha is the largest. did we know the market stregnt of Ghana , senegal and other west African countries? when was this claim made, in the 80s I guest and we are at 2021

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by MuchAdo: 2:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
Too good to be real... cool

Looks like some parts of Lagos Island.

So what are Igbos doing in Lagos then Can't they turn Onitsha to their own Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Akabuking: 2:45pm On Feb 28, 2021
Mokason288:
This market generates billions daily

And it could feed the whole of the North
Says Who?? be guided bro. Go to Kano and see for yourself, it has taken almost 80% of onitsha customers from the north due to illegal extortion by agberos.
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by slimthugchimee2(m): 2:46pm On Feb 28, 2021
ucheuzor1:
Is it not the market at upper iweka that we are talking about here?

I don't know the part that is this beautiful oo.. I have not seen the normal part I know very well. cry

Who told you main market is at upper iweka?

Lmao

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Mohammedoba36: 3:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
I don't agree with this selfish and self centred news, because I know onisha market for the past 20years and I know kantin Kwari market in kano for the past 25years but I can categorically tell you that onisha market is not up to half of kantin Kwari market in kano, I am in to pharmaceutical business for 30years, I know all the markets, nobody should come and peddle lies on social media please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by AroOkigbo(m): 3:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
gbaskiboy:
Igbo Amaka Yoruba Amaka Hausa Amaka
Fulani amaka
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Draslo(m): 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2021
Walahi, if they close my eyes and drop me here, I go swear say na computer village, Ikeja but maybe rapture dey happen cause I mean, where's everybody?. grin
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by harmargedon: 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2021
REDshouse:
Wat will u now say of Alaba International market if this one is d biggest in nigeria....stop over hyping
onitsha main market is not just the biggest in Nigeria but the biggest in West Africa.

8 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Reeses: 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2021
I am a DMGS boy.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by triple996(m): 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
how is onisha even the largest market in Nigeria talkless of west Africa. you claimed that northerners are overhyping their pupolation but here you are doing the same thing for commercial output
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by harmargedon: 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
Mohammedoba36:
I don't agree with this selfish and self centred news, because I know onisha market for the past 20years and I know kantin Kwari market in kano for the past 25years but I can categorically tell you that onisha market is not up to half of kantin Kwari market in kano, I am in to pharmaceutical business for 30years, I know all the markets, nobody should come and peddle lies on social media please.
onitsha main market is the biggest in West Africa. That's a settled fact. make your research.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Reeses: 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
AroOkigbo:

Fulani amaka
Fulanis ajoka!
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Sonn(m): 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2021
wonderful and glorious market, but not without the contribution of every other Nigerians, NORTH, SOUTH AND WEST, thanks to their patronage...

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Tedpgrass: 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2021
Is there a law against having more than 4-5 floors??

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by REDshouse(m): 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
harmargedon:
onitsha main market is not just the biggest in Nigeria but the biggest in West Africa.
what makes it biggest in west africa .. what is the land mass of the market ...what is the overall volume of sales of product been sold per annum ...

Who ranked the markets and what are ur source

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Tranquillity360: 3:12pm On Feb 28, 2021
aikyg:
Otu Onicha! A testament to the resilience of the Igbo spirit. Just after the civil war this market lay barren after it was looted and razed by the invading forces. Today it is the biggest market in West Africa. With just ten pounds to their names, the Igbo nation bounced back.
Not ten pounds but twenty pounds.

How many people they give the 20pounds kwanu? Just few that was able to provide a prove that they have money in nigeria bank.

Where you go
see your bank papers when everywhere was destroyed.

The story of the 20 pounds were just audio 20 pounds,Just like typical way government shares things in Nigeria.

Give three to five person and claim to have given to the whole region.

10 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by matm: 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
Highly congested market.Should be decongested by extension to other available lands .
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by descarado: 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
Miss home like crazy cry
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by SGANIVA(m): 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2021
this is not exactly main market , this is outskirt of main market .emeka ofor plaza , some section of new market road , where is Johnson plazas , Lagos lines,sokoto road ,bida by mosque , biafran market ,ifejilka , marine ,notage,. biafran market is most beautiful section of that market followed by sokoto road

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by engrchykae(m): 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2021
aikyg:
Otu Onicha! A testament to the resilience of the Igbo spirit. Just after the civil war this market lay barren after it was looted and razed by the invading forces. Today it is the biggest market in West Africa. With just ten pounds to their names, the Igbo nation bounced back.
just like Germans
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Slynation(m): 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2021
Mohammedoba36:
up to half of kantin kwari Lol....Maybe you obviously thought the length of the market only strectch and ended where you get your goods....Even online self Kano ain't recognise, I wonder why most of you are always quick to discredit anything coming from the Eastern zone just imagine yourself saying Main Market ain't up to half of Kantin Kwari just to belittle the post, well...!! No time to argue/say anything contrary to your opinion, it's yours and yours alone

11 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by onuman: 3:36pm On Feb 28, 2021
Ilovemystate:
Onitsha CBD

Otuuuu. The market of wealth.

You are the envy of the Igbos who build markets in places outside Igbo land.
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2021
Tbh I'm not impressed. With the noise these people make daily I expected a Chinese standard market with nice layout but I swear to God, this is just a regular market in Nigeria. Nothing bad nothing extraordinary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Saintinoo(m): 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2021
[quote author=Ilovemystate post=40869104]Onit

Good but OP only took pics of Emeka offor part of Onitsha main market, mind you, Emeka Offor sometimes is not even consiered as part of Onitsha main market, Main market is bigger than this.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Nigercity: 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2021
triple996:
waoooo
how true is this claim of it been the largest market in west Africa??
largest market base on what exactly,is it land mass, commercial capacity, or volume of goods. have we survey other markets around lagos and kano to know that onisha is the largest. did we know the market stregnt of Ghana , senegal and other west African countries? when was this claim made, in the 80s I guest and we are at 2021

which Kano??
dont Even go there
is it the Kano I know or another one,
you will even need times2 the size of sabo in kano b4 you get half of Ariaria international market in ABA, not to talk of onistha

as for Lagos
kindly name the market in Lagos that is bigger than onistha,
is it balogun, alaba, trade just name it
(abi no be Lagos wey dey)
travel una no go gree
nah to dey make noise upandan

just becose the o.p posted outskirts of the market
(just to have a pleasant outlook) you are now here assuming rubbish

13 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by okoroemeka(m): 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2021
aikyg:
even with nothing the Igbo man will always bonuce back ,no matter the condition,the a average Igbo family places value on human development, hard work and resilience that is the secret.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by onuman: 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
aikyg:

Correction please:
In bold: After the civil war, only £20 was given to any Igbo who was able to produce evidence that he/she had account in Nigeria’s bank before the civil war.

Very few surviving Igbos were able to produce the evidence that they had bank accounts because Igbos were displaced several times from one town to the other as refugees.

Nigeria’s government knew that only very few Igbos could produce the evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Patrioticbreed9(m): 3:41pm On Feb 28, 2021
REDshouse:
Wat will u now say of Alaba International market if this one is d biggest in nigeria....stop over hyping

I've been to both alaba is kinda conjested due to the settings and is also massive... onistha is more of victoria island becoming a market! they are many district although the cloth section is more conjest, there is a phone wich is bigger than computer villa you taxi or keke from section to section there are hospitals,police station etc.. try and visit bro the market is massive

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Valur20: 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
Though a Yoruba guy but Onitsha na my good. Back then me and Uche rock wella.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by LuckyKeys1: 3:44pm On Feb 28, 2021
For many years, I have often heard about how cheap clothes were in onitsha. So last year December I decided to check out myself. I realized that clothes were expensive in that onitsha main market. I only managed to get two pairs of jeans.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make At Least $350 Monthly With Youtube / How To Write A Business Proposal? / Meet Kamoru Yusuf And Wife, Bolanle: Kam Industries Owners, Steel Mill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.