Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,588 members, 7,840,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? (1465 Views)

Lady Plans To Eat Her Mum On Christmas Day By Adding Her Ashes To Her Food / See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day / My Husband Molest, Beats Me On Christmas Day (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by RedCard1(m): 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2015
I seriously want to know cos I can't find anyone preparing yam, plaintain, beans or anything that isn't rice for the family....I mean it's been this way for ages. Why do we always go for rice?

I want to know

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by Tundeiab(m): 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2015
Please visit this website for answers
Www.askifaanyquestion.com
Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by Monalisa185(f): 5:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
well, this Xmas, I did something different...
yam and sauce + fish instead of meat....lol
Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by Tallesty1(m): 6:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
RedCard1:
I seriously want to know cos I can't find anyone preparing yam, plaintain, beans or anything that isn't rice for the family....I mean it's been this way for ages. Why do we always go for rice?

I want to know
E be like say dey never born you when people no dey cook rice except on special occasions

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by Ishopbest: 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
What about pounded yam with nicely cooked stuffed egusi soup?

Rice is just Nigeria's major staple food, that's all
Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by yinkuscious(m): 6:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
I was in a village on 23rd of Dec. When I saw a woman preparing egusi and yam dat dey will use for christmas, I asked the woman why they are nt cooking rice for christmas, she said they don't have money to buy rice, dat it is expensive, I couldn't believe my ears, I quickly replied the woman that pounded yam and egusi is only eaten during christmas by the rich or average pple in d city. I made her to understand to understand that dey are even enjoying dan dose who lives in d city. Op, I think its a matter of where one lives.. Whether rice or beans or pap... Make we sha eat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by Ijaya123: 8:24pm On Dec 25, 2015
Simply because of the variants you can get from rice.
Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by donpata(m): 8:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
Monalisa185:
well, this Xmas, I did something different...

yam and sauce + fish instead of meat....lol
We Know as economy dey Sis. We understand your different menu. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by Joel3(m): 8:49pm On Dec 25, 2015
I don't know about you. but what we did this morning is pounded yam and egusi, couple with rice as usual. anyone that hungry you bro.
Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by Richy4(m): 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
The only reason I could think of was this,

It was a staple food recognised by Nigerians to cook on that particular occasion.

I believe every one in Nigeria has a culture and also got one cultural festival or the other. and I believe there must be a particular meal routinely cooked on that said occasion every year...

That's how it was on Christmas.....
Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
Everyone eats rice on Christmas Day? How would you know what EVERYONE ate on Christmas Day? Eating rice, which is a common staple diet in most homes on a day of celebration is like, wow.

Myself and my family don't eat rice on Christmas Day.
Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:05am On Dec 26, 2015
RedCard1:

I want to know

That was what Mary and Joseph ate on D-Day.
Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by ivyT(f): 1:08pm On Dec 26, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

That was what Mary and Joseph ate on D-Day.
haba ..u can lie ehn

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by angiemartinez(f): 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
I didn't cook rice yesterday, I prepared pounded yam with ogbolor soup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by Chidoks(f): 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
The rice don do me sef. I made moi-moi joor.
Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
I cooked rice,poundo yam with Egusi and Ognono soup.I ate the poundo sha.
Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by Exponental(m): 5:56am On Dec 27, 2015
the question should be....why is chicken attached to Christmas? Rice is simply presentable for occasions.
Re: Why Do We Eat Only Rice On Christmas Day? by Fraih(f): 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
Here, its pounded yam we always go for, at least for the past 10years now.

(1) (Reply)

How Kids Karate Classes Help Improve Their Attitude And Manners At Home / What Name/names Would You Prefer For Your Unborn Child/children?? / Meet The Man Who Has Sex With His Wife 10 Hours Every Single Day (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.