Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election (4887 Views)

Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs / Court Nullifies Benue Rep-elect’s Certificate Of Return, Orders Prosecution / Court Nullifies Movement Restriction During Lagos Monthly Sanitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by igbalajobi: 2:12pm On Jun 30, 2009
This is one of the best news I have heard since the current dispensation

Appeal court nullifies Senator Kila's elections,declares Bode Ola winner!
Tuesday, 30 June 2009 07:21 Sahara Reporters, New York | Print |
The court of appeal adjudicating on elections matters in Ekiti State this morning tossed out Senator Adefemi Kila.

The thuggish politician who was arrested by the Nigerian police with about 10 pump action rifles in the last controversial election in Ekiti State. He has been replaced with the Action Congress candidate, Bode Ola.
More to come!

saharareporters
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by philip0906(m): 2:18pm On Jun 30, 2009
The thuggish politician who was arrested by the Nigerian police with about 10 pump action rifles in the last controversial election in Ekiti State
10 pump action rifles? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by kokoA(m): 2:30pm On Jun 30, 2009
10 pump action riffles! men, dat guy is BAAD!

@ poster,

Can I see the picture of this guy?
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by IFELEKE(m): 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2009
This Is Good News Coming from my beloved state.
but am sure thief segun oni and his band of cronies will sure fix him up soon anyways, More power to the judiciary's elbow. . .
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by igbalajobi: 2:47pm On Jun 30, 2009
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by blacksta(m): 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2009
The new owner of the position only has 2 years to function before parilament is disolved - What a joke
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by vigasimple(m): 3:16pm On Jun 30, 2009
blacksta:

The new owner of the position only has 2 years to function before parilament is disolved - What a joke

The above is the major problem in election and petition thereof. The whole process of election challenge should be done within 3- 6 months and no one should be sworn in before the outcome.

It will stop the abuse by an illegal winner to spend 2 years and wasted monies of the government.

Now for the record, what will you call Kila, an ex senator or one that has never win, and spend 2 years being called senator. The issues is so bad when it come to Governor or Local govt chairman as they are CEO of their state or local govt. If they have policies or manifestos, they will have operated on another party for 2 years.

The law should be amended to account for this.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by jensinmi(m): 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2009

Appeal Court Sacks Ekiti PDP Senator
June 30, 2009 14:18 (1 hour ago), 117 views

By Stephen Oni, Ilorin

The Court of Appeal sitting in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital, this morning sacked Senator Femi Kila representing Ekiti Central Senatorial District.

In the judgment delivered by Justice Sontoye Denton-West, with Justice Jumai Anat Osagie and Justice Ignatius Agobe as members of the team, the court ruled that Bode Ola, the Action Congress candidate in the 2007 Senatorial election in Ekiti State won the election.

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, had declared Kila, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate winner of the election.

Ola challenged the verdict at the Election Petition Tribunal and the mater dragged all the way to the Appeal Court which upturned Kila’s victory today.

Reacting to the judgement, Lagos lawyer Mr. Femi Falana, said: “Under the doctrine of lis pendens, Mr. Femi Kila should refund the salaries and allowances he has collected while he was parading himself as a senator.”

Senator Kila was one of the PDP chieftains in Ekiti State who mobilised supporters for the Ekiti governorship election rerun on 25 April this year which was marred by violence, ballot stuffing and snatching among other malpractices.

PM News
http://thepmnews.com/2009/06/30/appeal-court-sacks-ekiti-pdp-senator

I'm ecstatic.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 30, 2009
Pump action aside; the name "kila" is enough to alert anybody that the man feeds on the death.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:47pm On Jun 30, 2009
Are we supposed to be having such high occurrences of election irregularities back home?
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by jensinmi(m): 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

Are we supposed to be having such high occurrences of election irregularities back home?

mmmm. I guess the answer you are expecting is NO.

Welcome to Nigeria.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by Tudor6(f): 7:33pm On Jun 30, 2009
10 pump action rifles for only him??!!! Ha!
oya 10 gbosa For Mr femi killer. . . . *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!*
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by luvsonnex(m): 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2009
Welcome on board! Dr. Kayode Fayemi should start warming up too.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by pheesayor(m): 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2009
Very soon PDP will be kicked out of Ekiti state and eventually, the entire south-west grin
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by doyin13(m): 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2009
an odder looking fellow than this Mr. Killa you will not find. A beard that would not look out of place on those sordid looking seamen of Moby Dick, eyes that would twin perfectly with Clifford Orji. . .

and that laugh of his, oh god, that laugh. . . . .the laugh of the underhand robber, the agbada collar criminal.

Good riddance to PDP rubbish.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by bawomolo(m): 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2009
we need to see a picture of this mafiaso.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by blacksta(m): 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2009
10 pump killa

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by okokomeji: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2009
you dey see Odaran be e be e!
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by xterra2(m): 8:22pm On Jun 30, 2009
Thats very good news indeed!
Soon Oni and oyinyola will be kicked out of office ,
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by bawomolo(m): 8:33pm On Jun 30, 2009
www.nairaland.com/attachments/159157_Armed_Killa_jpg758bbb5d68559fcf9e83768975b77170

i see, he needs to start a gangsta rap career as the real rick ross.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by jensinmi(m): 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2009
@ blacksta.

I'll have to say this is the best photo of Kila I've seen. You should see some of his other photos.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by toba1909(m): 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2009
Shameless man!

I remembered how he and his cohorts forced the REC commissioner to announce Segun Oni that very night.
"A MAN WHO DOES NOT WANT STRANGE FOOTPRINTS AT HIS BACKYARD MUST SURELY BUILD A HIGH FENCE"

Kila forget that "HE WHO PETS ANOTHER MAN WITH PEBBLES WANTS ROCK IN RETURN"

Nemesis will catch up the rest soonest,
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by sley4life(m): 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2009
more election needs to be nullified
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by globatop: 12:41am On Jul 01, 2009
Can anybody tell me if this Kila is the same one that was involved in NYSC fraud scandal in 1983, if so what a country are we in, if not I rest my case.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by msaalli(m): 12:45am On Jul 01, 2009
No, the new guy has his full four years mandate! He's been sworn in for the first time, similar to the case of Mr Peter Obi by the judgement of the Supreme Court in 2006.
Good riddance to bad rubbish, never was active on the floor. A popular protagonist of do or die politics in the recent past election in Ekiti State. He should have more time for his thugs now with his accumulated loot!
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by blacksta(m): 7:20am On Jul 01, 2009
msaalli:

No, the new guy has his full four years mandate! He's been sworn in for the first time, similar to the case of Mr Peter Obi by the judgement of the Supreme Court in 2006.
Good riddance to bad rubbish, never was active on the floor. A popular protagonist of do or die politics in the recent past election in Ekiti State. He should have more time for his thugs now with his accumulated loot!

Parliament rules are different u dont get four years -  u only get the remaining period of the current Parliament even if it is one day.

I know it is not fair but what do u expect from the Nigerian mess.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by davidif: 7:24am On Jul 01, 2009
The thuggish politician who was arrested by the Nigerian police with about 10 pump action rifles in the last controversial election in Ekiti State

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, shocked shocked shocked what is he running? a millitary operation? or maybe he is funding a revolution in south america or in Chad. shocked Geez. oga o.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by FerrariGP: 9:05am On Jul 01, 2009
the guy is more like a senator RAMBO to me, LOL, stupid old thug shocked
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by MrCrackles(m): 9:32am On Jul 01, 2009
Topic
Good news. cheesy
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by desgiezd(m): 9:40am On Jul 01, 2009
Tudór:

10 pump action rifles for only him??!!! Ha!
oya 10 gbosa For Mr femi killer. . . . *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!* *gbosa!*

Your Gbooosaaaas really sound like pump action riffles!!

Does anyone know anything about Senator Arise, another PDP thuggish, "roggueish" senator that needs to be flushed out before it gets to Segun Oni's turn.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by Nezan(m): 9:55am On Jul 01, 2009
bawomolo:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/159157_Armed_Killa_jpg758bbb5d68559fcf9e83768975b77170

i see, he needs to start a gangsta rap career as the real rick ross.

Kila, Killer??
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election by Olubachar(m): 9:58am On Jul 01, 2009
This is a good news & am expecting more to come in Ekiti State.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Election Tribunal Delivers Judgement In Ekiti Governorship Election Today / Abdulmutallab Fires Us Lawyers ! / Open-secret Ballot System Still Stands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.