Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,319 members, 7,907,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:15 PM

Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? (150229 Views)

15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / Toshiba's New Usb Flash Has A Keyboard For Your Password / How Much For A Keyboard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by Gbenro: 11:48pm On Feb 01, 2006
For the last time shocked

There is a huge difference between using "Naira as Cut and Paste" and using "Naira as Currency Symbol" in a spreadsheet (ie MS Excel)
See below!

Seun, I thought the Subject is "Naira Sign On A Keyboard?"
The answer is yes, right? grin

Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by seeni4ever(m): 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2006
why using cut and paste to put naira sign on. there is no naira on keyboard 'cos we dont make keyboards in nigeria....there's one now making making keyboard with yoruba vowels signs including gb and ş, may be they have naira sign on it.
Seun:

All this because people can't cut and paste! sad
this is dumb, why do we need to cut and paste simple naira sign since you can type directly. cut and paste is for volumes of sentences.
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by Gbenro: 2:31pm On Feb 09, 2006
For the last time, again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE IS A NIGERIAN KEYBOARD WITH NAIRA SIGN KEYCAP, in fact the keybaord has Naira, Dollar, Euro and Pound signs. Including all the extended latin alphabets and tonal marks for all Nigerian Languages.

Now you guys are making me sound like a salesperson for this company, but that is OK, I have the keyboard and I love it to death.

The Nigerian Keyboard with Naira keycap is called KỌNYIN NIGERIA MULTILINGUAL KEYBOARD.

You can buy one at: http://www.konyin.com

Gosh, this company should be paying me for my comments on this site. grin
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by seeni4ever(m): 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2006
yeah, u are a sales man, why their website. just kidding. it's okay to here that. i think they have distributor in boston if i am right. well i will check it out
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by AkoEja: 2:10pm On Apr 22, 2006
The Konyin keyboard is not just To get the Naira sign, its a multilingual keyboard which allows you to type in English and many other languages, so it can replace your normal keyboard completely. If you are getting a new PC, specify a Konyin keyboard to get the additional functions. It is not that expensive anyway at $35 for the cheapest model.
I like to write in Yoruba to my folks at home, and with the Konyin keyboard, this is a dream. Some Nigerians can't even speak their own language, not to talk of writing a letter in it, therefore I am not surprised that some people see the keyboard as a waste of time.

This guy who developed the Konyin keyboard has made use of his knowledge of his local language to develop something that might make him very rich, bacause he had bothered to learn and respect his own local languages. Kudos to him!
AkoEja
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by ginyd: 2:17pm On May 21, 2006
Getting the naira symbol is simple.

If you think you need to get a keyboard before u accomplish that, that is pure ignorance.

On Microsoft word, or any windows word application, you highlight the character "N", right click on it, go to the fonts option and click on double strike through. that should do the trick.

Unless you need the other functions of the keyboard which would be famous for supporting all other nigerian languages.

Good luck with purchasing people,

Giny-D

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by osagab: 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2008
To use the NAIRA Sign and display it on browsers other than  Internet explorer.if you are using mozilla firefox or opera add this to your meta tag,  make such you use the tahoma , Lucindan Unicode on type.

<html>
<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><style type="text/css">
<!--
.naira{font-family:Tahoma,Arial Unicode MS,Lucida Sans Unicode}

</head>

<body>
<span class="naira">₦</span>

</body>

</html>
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by phoenixy1: 2:17am On Apr 22, 2008
How nice of you all, some smart suggestions, some not so smart and some down right silly! () funny, I dont even have the silly one on my keyboard. Any how I think Koyin is a good solution but as with all things, to succeed, they need government backing. FRN should ban all imported keyboards and replace with Koyin, then success! They will first of all have to give out all the necesary kick backs though. grin
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by Seun(m): 5:00pm On Dec 14, 2008
osagab:

To use the NAIRA Sign and display it on browsers other than  Internet explorer.if you are using mozilla firefox or opera add this to your meta tag,  make such you use the tahoma , Lucindan Unicode on type.

<html>
<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><style type="text/css">
<!--
.naira{font-family:Tahoma,Arial Unicode MS,Lucida Sans Unicode}

</head>

<body>
<span class="naira">₦</span>

</body>

</html>
@osagab: that's a very clever solution. Thanks! I think you also need to enable UTF-8 encoding in your editor.
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by Foz1: 12:04am On Mar 05, 2010
I have a keyboard software that you can install on your computer and will make you able to type the naira ₦ sign and Yoruba letters including the Yoruba marks.
I would have made it as an attachment but the file is bigger than the required space provided. It is free.
You can contact me on foz1@live.com
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by Mobinga: 4:13am On Mar 01, 2011
cool
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 4:26am On Mar 01, 2011
Say No!!!! to limited bundles,
Yes to 18G a Month,
Another Yes to 56G three month Browsing,
with just N2000
download everything you need without looking back!!!!
watch and listen to tv,radio
heavy files is nothing with indian web proxy
try,test and see my package is wonderful
add me on facebook with
gej mgbenka ifeanyi
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by farleft: 10:18pm On Oct 18, 2011
Or you can download a keyboard layout at http://nigeriankeyboardlayout.com that contains the ₦ as well as other Nigerian characters like ụ and ọ. Cheers!
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by Bayils(m): 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
farleft: Or you can download a keyboard layout at http://nigeriankeyboardlayout.com that contains the ₦ as well as other Nigerian characters like ụ and ọ. Cheers!
The link you provided ain't Working...
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by Acidosis(m): 9:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
Type N
Highlight N , then Press Ctrl+D This will display the font dialog box.
Click on Double Strikethrough to get

Alternatively, you can derive your own shortcut key for strikethrough by customizing Ms Office (2007 & 2010):

1. Press Ctrl+D . Word displays the Font tab of the Font dialog box. (as shown in first image)

2. Hold down Alt+Ctrl and, at the same time, press the plus sign on the numeric keypad. The mouse pointer turns into a clover symbol.

3. Click on the Strikethrough check box in the Font dialog box. (As you move the mouse pointer to get ready to click, the mouse pointer may change back to an arrow instead of a clover; this is OK.) When you click, Word displays the Customize Keyboard dialog box with the insertion point blinking in the Press New Shortcut Key box. (as shown in image 2.)

4. Type whatever shortcut key you want to use for the strikethrough format. Just hold down whatever combination of the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys you want, and then press the desired key to go with that combination. If the combination is already taken, that information shows just below the Customize Keyboard dialog box, and you can then change to a different shortcut key. (A good combination to consider is Alt+Shift+S or Ctrl+Alt+S , neither of which are used in a default installation of Word.)

5. Click the Assign button. The shortcut key is now assigned to apply strikethrough formatting.

6. Click Close to dismiss the Customize Keyboard dialog box & Click Cancel to dismiss the Font dialog box.

1 Like

Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by Bayils(m): 2:41am On Aug 01, 2014
Acidosis: Type N
Highlight N , then Press Ctrl+D This will display the font dialog box.
Click on Double Strikethrough to get

Alternatively, you can derive your own shortcut key for strikethrough by customizing Ms Office (2007 & 2010):

1. Press Ctrl+D . Word displays the Font tab of the Font dialog box. (as shown in first image)...........................................
Yeah, the above illustration Works though i get to know about that the Following day my Secretary made some typings for me.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by Acidosis(m): 8:12am On Aug 01, 2014
Bayils:
Yeah, the above illustration Works though i get to know about that the Following day my Secretary made some typings for me.
Thanks.
Nice to know smiley
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by Caseless: 5:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
Use d hashtag(#). It is universal.

1 Like

Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by seyi42k(m): 5:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
Hi guys,

I have been trying to change my currency to Naira in sage. I read somewhere that we nee d to change the region on our computers to Nigeria but the computers do not have that.

Has anyone done such before.

Thanks.
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 11, 2015
found this on youtube, how to add Naira symbol on microsoft word www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0RKGcyAUMc
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by Igunnu(m): 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
Simple solution - Works like a charm

Just type 20A6 on your word doc, hold on your alt key and click X. You will get the naira sign ₦.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by pumpindkay(m): 11:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
type this in notepad and save it with anything.HTML
<HTML> <body> &#8358 </body> </HTML>
double click the file your browser will display naira symbol.
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by sherifos: 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
For the history and symbol of the nigerian currency check http:///nigerian-currency-symbol-name/
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by Iamnr: 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
You can also insert the Naira symbol in excel
copy the symbol paste in word
copy only the naira sign
and then go to word and insert symbol
Then auto correct
Then set something to automatically correct it to the naira symbol
I set min as "N-"
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by directonpc(m): 4:20am On Mar 04, 2017
so I built a feature on my project http://7rl.in/phome that allows users on the website to easily type the naira sign.

to do this, users simply type [n]. For example [n]7,000 will output ₦7,000 very clean and easy. your can Try it out yourself via http://7rl.in/phome pretty fun.
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by fineboynl(m): 7:56am On Mar 04, 2017
[iI]not[/iI]
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by prospernoah(m): 3:30pm On May 01, 2017
I believe this ought to have been solved a long time ago. Why not check this post on 2 ways to get the Nigerian Naira Sign on Ms word?
Seun:
You do not need a special keyboard to use the Naira () symbol, but you need special fonts to display it on your PC. The Arial Unicode MS, Tahoma and Lucida Sans Unicode fonts, which come with Windows XP, display the naira sign properly.

You may simply cut and paste the naira symbol below into applications like MS Office or Firefox which have good unicode support:
[size=72pt][/size]

Pretty, isn't it? (This post will be updated later in the day)

New discoveries:
[list][li]The Tahoma font also displays the naira sign properly (₦) in Internet Explorer[/li]
[li]The Lucida Sans Unicode font also displays the naira sign (₦) properly in Internet Explorer.[/li][li]The Arial font does [I]not[/I] display the naira sign properly in Internet Explorer(₦)[/li][li]The TImes New Roman font also does [I]not[/I] display the naira sign properly in Internet Explorer(₦)[/li][/list]
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by KnowMore: 5:52pm On Feb 21, 2018
Okay.. A Naira is the top reason why many Nigerians choose to Become an Entrepreneur
Re: Naira Sign (₦) On A Keyboard? by ucheuzor1(m): 9:06am On Oct 02, 2020
What I do is I search for character map on laptop. There are so many symbols there including the naira symbol. Just tap the windows key, then type character map, click on it and it will open.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Remove A Windows Multiple Boot Option? / Visual Basic 6.0 Product Id / How Can Remove A .rar Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.