Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,020 members, 7,852,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:09 PM

Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? (4211 Views)

NIGERIA: A Nation Of Fools / Femi Fani-kayode: A Nation Of Perverts And paedophiles / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2006
Is Nigeria a nation of idiots?
Is Nigeria a kingdom of wasted opportunities?

St. Augustine of Africa wrote: "What is a state without justice but a band of robbers!

well this article was written by a journalist, it's rather long but interesting perspective on the nature of government in Nigeria.  I am waiting to hear some of the positive and negative criticism this post will generate.
please try and read the article before commenting

http://www.independentngonline.com/news/92/ARTICLE/14292/2006-11-01.html
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2006
I'm not an idiot so Nigeria is not a nation of idiots.
we should try and post more positive topics.

I see your "love" for IBB.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2006
Common baby girl, that article has more people on there, abeg IBB son is in this forum too, and he already hates my belly, na you talk am, no be me
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 3:06pm On Nov 01, 2006
why you dey fear

the topic of the link is IBB and his illusions.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 3:10pm On Nov 01, 2006
Why I no go fear madam, you know say SERGENT ROGER is a free man in Nigeria now, abeg I nova ready to die, seriously, that article focus on some intresting aspect of Nigerian perceptions of our leaders, not just IBB to say.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2006
but that dont mean Nigeria is a nation of idiots angry
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2006
boo you reading out of context here, that was a figure of speech by the journalist I guess. his point was we must be blind to continue to support this hooligans I call them. Trust me I am a Nigerian to the fullest and as far as i know, you and i are no idiots. second point is Nigeria a land of wasted opportunities?
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by OBJ3(m): 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2006
why  you no go fear. ugo raise this kin yeye topic. na u and ur papa nad mama and wife and family, na una be nation of idiots.

this thread is completely idiotic  angry  it is this kind of post that put me off nairaland for 2 months
i dunno why seun allows a set of sub-cerebral characters to benefit from this comtemporary technological advantage called the internet.   angry
such idiotic threads should go straight to the thrash  angry
useless topic  angry
nonsense angry
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 3:30pm On Nov 01, 2006
see this is exactly what I am talking about only fools like O-B-J I reiterate O-B-J will read the caption and start opening their basket mouth and yabbing blah blah blan, gay did you read the article? if you want vex why no go jump over mainland bridge and end your misery and save me the time of responding to your bamboozle shitty brain. If you can read and digest wehat the article was stating you can call the journalist if you no like wetting the man dey talk.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by OBJ3(m): 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2006
and u with a sub human brain why did u take whatever article it is to nairaland, making it an issue and thereby glorifying the idiotic article if not the fact that u are probably idiotic angry

eh? angry

nonsense
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2006
why is this fool still talking? I thought I muted your basket mouth? people will show their true color by the words coming out of their mouth, since you can't seems to understand what a freedom of speech and association meas gay OBJ let me break it down for you. well it will be pointless talking or explaining it to you cause you nothing but a freaking brick wall, so pay attention to the ballot paper abeg before dem rig am bloodclot
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by OBJ3(m): 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2006
IDIOT angry

I HAVE NO TIME FOR U angry

NONSENSE angry angry angry

I BLAME UR PARENTS FOR NOT TRAINING U WELL. U DONT KNOW UR MATE.

IDIOT

NONSENSE
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2006
Funny after looking at your picture you are absolutely correct i don't associates with monkeys shut for brains like you. TYPICAL NIGERIAN SLAVE MENTALITY QUOTE
O-B-J:

IDIOT angry

I BLAME UR PARENTS FOR NOT TRAINING U WELL. U DONT KNOW UR MATE.

IDIOT

NONSENSE

So because you are older than me that means I have no opinion?
because you older than me I don't have new ideas and innovations to change the country?
Because you are older than me I should shut up and listen to you speak right?

my sister in monkey dress i have one answer for you, this is the modern era we use plane to fly now and information travel faster than lightening. BAMBOOZLE
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by biomic(f): 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2006
wassup in dis forum------- why d dissin-------and the topic does not mean that evry tom,dick and and harry is an idiot -----it is just a figure of speech-----it is just a bitter way of illustratin that the leaders we've bin votin for are doing us no good and yet they r still in power
i think wink
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2006
THANK YOU KUDOS. and that was why I said please read the article before you make a comment, but obviously my monkey sister mis the road
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 5:43pm On Nov 01, 2006
who voted?
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by donmayor(m): 5:50pm On Nov 01, 2006
Oh Yes, Nigeria is a nation of idiots. A nation of people under a collective spell who would accept nonsense and think they do not have a choice. It is only in a nation like this that someone like IBB would be bold enough to say he wants to contest and he would score high in a tv's opinion poll. Nigeria is really a nation of idiots
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by superman(m): 6:51pm On Nov 01, 2006
hahahaaaaaaa they don wound me ooooooooooo! all the governors in nigeria in the past and comin 2007 are white in their brain which makes them bloody idots idots for real my friend! any objection you tell me. but as for my soldiers like ribadu and co we will surely get there! no time to waiste
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 7:07pm On Nov 01, 2006
PEOPLE Please stop aggravating me and getting me Ban, I'm back, i get ban every time i retaliate, I go die O
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 7:15pm On Nov 01, 2006
donmayor your reasons are still not good enough to classify Nigeria as a nation of idiots. what is the populationg of people pool? what class was the survey focused on? local farmers or the educated elites? I must disagree with you on your notion.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by donmayor(m): 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2006
There was no survey. It's just what I see. Look at Ibadan, how would an illiterate hold a state to ransom and he has supporters. Look at Anambra and u hear of Chris Uba the godfather. Look at Lagos and u see Tinubu licensing touts and it's all acceptable to Nigerians.Like a post said the nation of idiots is sort of a figure of speech and it's in dat context i'm using it.Nigerians are acting blindly.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 9:10pm On Nov 01, 2006
Intresting analogy.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 11:37pm On Nov 01, 2006
My guy i love reading your post men belive me you are right. Nigeria is a nation full of any Government in power suporters (AGIP). they support blindly and refuse to acknowledge the truth just for some few naira. Imagine how can some one like adedibu hold a state to ransome, Tony anenni hold edo state to ransome.

And yet these folks are going about freely and people are singing praises to them after the misery they are making people to go through.

Odeku for once i think you deserve an award for bringing these thread up. and for those of you who dont understand please read the link. he is not insulting nigerians at lrage oh.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by OBJ3(m): 11:40pm On Nov 01, 2006
it's people like you who are idiots.
a nation with people like soyinka, achebe, okonji-iweala, rotimi williams, etc, a nation of ekwuemes, and of course my humble self, O-B-J, U think we are idiots? angry

the problem is the system. the system has been corrupted for decades. but my administration is doing my best.
period.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 11:42pm On Nov 01, 2006
nigeria is still not a nation full of idiots.
Instead of to saying positive things. we complain about the bad.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 12:06am On Nov 02, 2006
nilla, Ill come back to you, OBJ I hate to trade words with you you display no character of elite or educated person at all, can you even read without insulting other patron? well one man said it already ANIMAL IN HUMAN SKIN. so please let intelligent people focus on the point here

In paradox boo Nilla Just like Bushfello state why are we still praising and singing the name of all this old politicians? is it because of illiteracy that is widely spread in the local government? we can ignore the facts money speaks and BS walk, look at the prime example.

The police arrested and interrogated Senator Omisore over the murder of Chief Bola Ige. While that was on, there were spurious rulings from the court that handicapped the force. And suddenly, PDP said the man standing trial was the only one capable to be senator, and Omisore was elected senator and that killed the case. Technically, whom do you blame? Is it the police, PDP government or the court?

IN a civilized country this kind of out come is unprecedented.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 12:11am On Nov 02, 2006
i dont know whether we are civilized yet
If we are people will stop thinking of today and think of tomorrow.

nothwithstanding Nigerians arent idiots, its just more than half of them are corrupt.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 12:19am On Nov 02, 2006
nilla i disagree you have to think of today and think of tomorrow, you have to have vision or we will be in the same location . think of the IT, internet boom, technology and other inventions are changing the world. this are all due to people thinking and taking actions. As much as I hate some of the policies in Nigeria we can complain all we want, but not until you and I enlighten other people to think and take action, we will be slave and Idiots to all this criminal OLD POLITICIANS.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 12:28am On Nov 02, 2006
Odeku:

not until you and I enlighten other people to think and take action, we will be slave and Idiots to all this criminal OLD POLITICIANS.

ok no more disagreement that does not mean i agree with you. just we have agreed to disagree ok grin

what i know is I aint no idiot to no politician. neither am i a slave. cool
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 12:32am On Nov 02, 2006
OK, I no say you no be slave and no be idiot my minister of technology and infrastructure design. but I will be curious to know the population of illiteracy in Nigeria and we can actually say the dominant figure preside over issues.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 12:33am On Nov 02, 2006
i dont think illiteracy and idiocy are one and the same thing
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 12:40am On Nov 02, 2006
True but some one who can not read or write can only differentiate with color and sign all the look rosy looks good to them, its easy for a criminal politician to convince a novice will you agree. Just Like in Kansas now are do you see how Jim Talent the Republican is bashing the MAKASKWE just all for one reason, POWER. people in Kansas are not buying that slogan any more cause they can read and think for themselves especially with the IRAQ slogan WEAPON OF MASS DISTRUCTION? and where is it. well let me get back to the point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Believe The Official Report On 9/11 / In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He / Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.