Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture (1428 Views)

Please, I Like To Know The Traditional Drums Of Igbo If There Is Any? / Join This Group Today: Lilo Ewe Ati Egbo Ati Eranko (herbs; The Magic Healer) / Stand-alone Event, Hosted By The Local (2) (3) (4)

I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture by lionger(m): 7:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
hi, friends, I am a new comer, I am from another east Asia country, I think it's interesting to learn local culture and make friend with local guys. so I say hi in this post. thanks!
Re: I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
lionger:
hi, friends, I am a new comer, I am from another east Asia country, I think it's interesting to learn local culture and make friend with local guys. so I say hi in this post. thanks!
Hi East Asian
Re: I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture by Dyt(f): 7:41pm On Mar 25, 2016
What do you wanna learn?
Are you male or female?
Single or married?
Rich?

Pls indicate
We have a ritual we perform for new comers

Jashar
Another victim don come oo
Re: I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture by jashar(f): 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
Dyt:
What do you wanna learn?
Are you male or female?
Single or married?
Rich?

Pls indicate
We have a ritual we perform for new comers

Jashar
Another victim don come oo

Where do you see these people and threads sef Dyt? cheesy grin

Make I read.

**after**
Hello lionger. Which country are you from? smiley
Re: I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture by lionger(m): 8:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
hi friends, i from China, I am male and married.
@Dyt: so much I want to learn, like I saw "don" in your post, but I don't know what's meaning.

@Jashar: what's the meaning of "sef"
Re: I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture by jashar(f): 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
lionger:
@Dyt: so much I want to learn, like I saw "don" in your post, but I don't know what's meaning.

It's Nigerian slang synonymous with 'again'.
Re: I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture by maverickboy: 2:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
lionger:

Hi Mr. chinko cheesy

Do u currently live in Nigeria or u are visiting us all the way from China?

To ur question for Jashar as regard 'don'

"Another victim don come oo"
has/have/had

Pls, ask am why she used 'oo'. that 1 I no know.
Re: I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
maverickboy:
Hi Mr. chinko cheesy

Do u currently live in Nigeria or u are visiting us all the way from China?

To ur question for Jashar as regard 'don'

"Another victim don come oo"
has/have/had

Pls, ask am why she used 'oo'. that 1 I no know.

Racist
Re: I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture by maverickboy: 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Racist
Learn to take jokes. undecided
Re: I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
maverickboy:
Learn to take jokes. undecided

theres nothing funny about calling someone a chink. i'm guessing you wont be so gracious if an asian called you the n word. thats double standards.
Re: I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture by maverickboy: 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

theres nothing funny about calling someone a chink. i'm guessing you wont be so gracious if an asian called you the n word. thats double standards.
Actually no offense was intended.

Re: I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
maverickboy:
Actually no offense was intended.

May not have been your intention but it's offensive nonetheless.
Re: I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture by maverickboy: 9:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

May not have been your intention but it's offensive nonetheless.
thanks for notifying
Re: I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture by delishpot: 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2016
Welcome to Naija, have you discovered any Naija food, drink, fashion and culture you love? If so, please share with us cool
Nigeria has a lot of cultures I guess the few things we have in common are
*We respect elders
*We do not like people smelling food we offer them especially if they end up not eating it.
*We greet neighbours when we see them making it a duty to greet those older than you first before they greet you.
*Give transport fare to younger guests or visitors when they pay you a visit
*Offer food/drinks to guests when they pay you a visit
*We don't like Amebo
Ehmmm, when I remember others, I go let you know am. For now try sabi those ones.
Re: I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture by lionger(m): 9:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
thanks for your patient introduction.

I didn't go outside often, but I would like to learn the local culture, so I find this forum.

from your post, I find you guys like use some local words like "Amebo", "sabi"," chinko ", "knwn" " unknwn" etc.
i don't understand these words and I think I should get a dictionary or articles firstly. Because if i want stay in this forum, I need know this local words and abbreviations.

Chinese Man Makes A Living Posing As Real-life “laughing Buddha” (video) / Incest: Who Will Save These Girls? Written By Banji Aluko / Picture Of Late Emir Of Borgu Kingdom With Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu