Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,366 members, 7,836,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11787866 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16141) (16142) (16143) (16144) (16145) (16146) (16147) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:09pm On May 01
Amedino99:
one day you will come back to this your post and berate yourself for making this statement. Age grade football bigger than a league win? Okay ooo.

I did not say league win. I said Npfl.

NPFL or you want to compare Npfl to even backwater leagues in Europe?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:10pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

We won U17 and the presidency host them and give them things because of the magnitude of the achievement.

Finito.
😀
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:16pm On May 01
Kog45:
😀

The same Npfl that some age grade boys participated in Super six or so and were flogging them like Christmas tolo-tolo. 🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:21pm On May 01
charlesemeka85:
for the nff’s technical committee that comprise of few of his ex team mates not to recommend him says it all

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
The only advantage Finidi had over Amunike was being assistant coach to Peseiro and if one look at the limited time then technical committee members were right in their decision but I thought Amunike rejected idea of assistant to Peseiro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:21pm On May 01
Kog45:
Even Finidi was rated poor winning one losing one.

Na here Finidi vs Amunike Dey hot o,fans don accept na to support Finidi.

Finidi is d coach. I keep wondering how the fans support will help him to succeed. The buck stops at his table. He selects d players, he decides the formation. He makes d sub. All na him by himself. He d better prove doubters like me wrong. Importantantly make him shave that beards wey him dey like wicked village uncles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:23pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

The same Npfl that some age grade boys participated in Super sick oe so and were flogging them like Christmas tolo-tolo. 🤣
Oga thegoodjoe Tuale baba😜make we kuku turn our discussion to comic relief……Finidi or Amunike it’s well o

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:24pm On May 01
comodo:

Finidi is d coach. I keep wondering how the fans support will help him to succeed. The buck stops at his table. He selects d players, he decides the formation. He makes d sub. All na him by himself. He d better prove doubters like me wrong. Importantantly make him shave that beards wey him dey like wicked village uncles.
That’s it my brother
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:39pm On May 01
Cecco90:
Still on Finidi George

I have been seeing all these funny comments; “He will be controlled by the NFF.”

Finidi didn't lobby for this job. He didn't call anyone or beg people to give him the job, he applied just like many other coaches. Even after the last friendly games, he didn't engage the NFF, he went back to his job at Enyimba.

The majority of you people don’t know Finidi. Ask about him in Enyimba and the management will tell you. Also, because he is calm and he doesn't do PR stunts.

You all don’t even know, Finidi will only do things that satisfy his conscience and professionalism.

He’s one of the few ex-players without baggage and controversy.

People should also stop the blackmail of the NFF, the coaches get free hands to work, and they make their decisions and all.

There are other issues with the NFF to discuss, controlling a coach is not even their priority.

It's unfair to sit in your room and conclude Finidi is a Yes Man when you know nothing about the man and his personality.

Finidi is not a broke ex-player, he invested properly when he was playing.

- Adepoju Tobi Samuel.

If you are in PH you will know that Finidi is not doing this job for any money 🤑 he is doing it to make a name.

Finidi is the quintessential gentleman.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:43pm On May 01
Meliforme:
After watching Victor Boniface at USG, i came to the conclusion that he is the best strike partner to Osimhen.

I disagree.

He is not a partner to anybody they are in competition.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:54pm On May 01
Kog45:
Even Finidi was rated poor winning one losing one.

Na here Finidi vs Amunike Dey hot o,fans don accept na to support Finidi.

Sir I understand your point,

but I want that Oga humble to reply me, cos he doesn't always knew what he was saying, it's even I. this Thread he drop one senseless comment of Emma coaching Adewale Bridge boy's and asking where are they now

He Should answer my question let me school him, cos to me he is the proper saying of ABF,

From Manu, to Salisu, now Finidi, let him Answer me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:58pm On May 01
comodo:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 bros why na, Na awa Coachy ooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Chairman say Na wicked village uncles 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:14pm On May 01
komekn:

I disagree.
What position did you think Boniface played at USG?
Did you see the second leg match against Sao Tome and Principe?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 10:22pm On May 01
komekn:

I disagree.

hahahahaha senior man I hail oooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:53pm On May 01
typicalgamer:

Both amunike and finidi are irrelevant and severely backward in the coaching department

None of them is my choice anyone wins is none of my business at least no be only go watch 2026 W/C without eagles
while I don’t think they are backward I just think both of them aren’t good enough for the job
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:55pm On May 01
charlesemeka85:
How true is this?

Nigeria’s Super Eagles is becoming attractive to foreign-born players.

Just like Lookman and Aina, Brighton defender, Odel Offiah, is the latest England-born player willing to play for the Super Eagles.
if he start playing regularly and still holds the same thought then I’ll take him serious

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:29am On May 02
Golden Eaglets Camp Update: Countdown to Wafu B Qualifers starting May 15

Nigeria U17s 1-0 Prime Eagles FA

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:37am On May 02
typicalgamer:

Ok 👍

That’s why we’ve won afcon 7 times in a row
We have more Afcon medals than any team in Africa

That’s why our league is at the very pinnacle in Africa
How does this relate to SE?

That’s why we hosted the 2010 World Cup
It's the discussion not about SE?

The why we’ve won all caf tournaments
So in essence SE is not elite in Africa?

That’s why we have the best stadiums 🏟
Again how does this relate to SE been elite?

That’s why we have the best facilities
Context SE

Truly we’re elite in Africa and deserve to host 2026 World Cup
Is it by hosting World Cup?
So South Africa is more elite than SE in Africa? Lmao mcheew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 6:29am On May 02
maidaboi:
So South Africa is more elite than SE in Africa? Lmao mcheew

Are you high ?

What is lmao stop wallowing on ignorance they may not have the best players but thier
Facilities.
Fans.
Salary
League and entire board as a whole is at least 10 years ahead of ours

If the opportunity arises do you think our boys won’t desert Npfl for South Africa

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:59am On May 02
typicalgamer:

Are you high ?

What is lmao stop wallowing on ignorance they may not have the best players but thier
Facilities.
Fans.
Salary
League and entire board as a whole is at least 10 years ahead of ours

If the opportunity arises do you think our boys won’t desert Npfl for South Africa
Not only on football even as a nation.I have been to South Africa twice and I want to say structurally they are ahead in every sectors,so not a news.

Didier Drogba said something about South Africa and you said the same thing.Drogba said he was surprised that despite finances and facilities countries like Nigeria,Ivory Coast and Senegal are still ahead of South Africa in Africa football development.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 7:12am On May 02
Kog45:
Not only on football even as a nation.I have been to South Africa twice and I want to say structurally they are ahead in every sectors,so not a news.

Didier Drogba said something about South Africa and you said the same thing.Drogba said he was surprised that despite finances and facilities countries like Nigeria,Ivory Coast and Senegal are still ahead of South Africa in Africa football development.

Some will come out and say we’re giant of Africa lol 😂

Comparing Nigeria to South Africa in terms of sport is comparing epl to NNL2

The only thing we have in Africa is natural freak athletes i mean we have people who can beat the odds with little or no training due to their genes and our natural strong head

But in terms of unearthing and shaping foundation for our athletes we’re a joke

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aicon4s: 7:37am On May 02
TheSuperNerd:
Are you Icon4s? What happened to your original?

Anyway, point is TheGoodJoe and I have been far more vocal on why we want Amunike unlike many others who don't want Amunike but will settle for just anybody else not named Amunike without an idea of what their philosophy is like.

Icon4s is as big on this thread as the myself and TheGoodJoe but he's been silent lately.

Yes, I am jare. Had issues with my other moniker

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:38am On May 02
aicon4s:

Yes, I am jare. Had issues with my other moniker

.....but I am good now. cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:45am On May 02
TheSuperNerd:
Are you Icon4s? What happened to your original?

Anyway, point is TheGoodJoe and I have been far more vocal on why we want Amunike unlike many others who don't want Amunike but will settle for just anybody else not named Amunike without an idea of what their philosophy is like.

Icon4s is as big on this thread as the myself and TheGoodJoe but he's been silent lately.

For me Amuneke was the most qualified for the job even though different people may have different reasons for not wanting Amuneke.

Well, Finidi has been appointed, we can only support and wish him well.

As for my silence, yes I may be silent on most of the issues but I usually read almost all comments. Really been engaged with so many activities but my love for this big family still strong gidigba. I will try my best smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:49am On May 02
Kog45:

Likes of Nigeria, CIV and Senegal do better than South Africa because:
1. We are more talented in the game as evident at the U17 level.
2. Our players are exposed to better finance and facilities in Europe.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:50am On May 02
typicalgamer:

Some will come out and say we’re giant of Africa lol 😂

Comparing Nigeria to South Africa in terms of sport is comparing epl to NNL2

The only thing we have in Africa is natural freak athletes i mean we have people who can beat the odds with little or no training due to their genes and our natural strong head

But in terms of unearthing and shaping foundation for our athletes we’re a joke

Agreed 💯%
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:42am On May 02
Icon4s:

For me Amuneke was the most qualified for the job even though different people may have different reasons for not wanting Amuneke.

Well, Finidi has been appointed, we can only support and wish him well.

As for my silence, yes I may be silent on most of the issues but I usually read almost all comments. Really been engaged with so many activities but my love for this big family still strong gidigba. I will try my best smiley
Chief,Amunike na your secondary school senior so is a must for you to support your old boy…..what goes for Finidi was just the assistant to Peseiro,nothing more.He accepted to be assistant when Amunike said No.

Amunike time will surely come but he need to get a club ASAP.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 9:37am On May 02
Icon4s:

We are naturally more athletic that peeps from Southern Africa partly due to our superior body anatomy.

People from southern part of Africa are usually not built for sports cuz they have slightly shorter limbs.

It's the reason the only sports south Africa excels in are the sports the whites participate in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:53am On May 02
Icon4s:

Plus neither Nigeria nor CIV, and Senegal can be mentioned where Rugby is, as far Southies are,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:56am On May 02
Kog45:
Chief,Amunike na your secondary school senior so is a must for you to support your old boy…..what goes for Finidi was just the assistant to Peseiro,nothing more.He accepted to be assistant when Amunike said No.

Amunike time will surely come but he need to get a club ASAP.

It OK Sir, let's support Finidi to suc9on the Job,

but you see that Oga humble??, if he came with that his hogwash again, am here for him

Good beautiful morning Sir

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:16am On May 02
Nomyth:

We are naturally more athletic that peeps from Southern Africa partly due to our superior body anatomy.

People from southern part of Africa are usually not built for sports cuz they have slightly shorter limbs.

It's the reason the only sports south Africa excels in are the sports the whites participate in.
they are good in rugby na. And that is a physical sport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16141) (16142) (16143) (16144) (16145) (16146) (16147) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bbdot(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.