Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,721 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

Easy Way To Start Modern Fish Farming Using Benuwatts Reinforced Tarpaulin - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Easy Way To Start Modern Fish Farming Using Benuwatts Reinforced Tarpaulin (4056 Views)

How To Start Intensive Cat Fish Farming / How To Start A Fish Farming Business In Nigeria / Reinforced Tarpaulin For Mobile Pond That Will Contain 1000 Adult Catfish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easy Way To Start Modern Fish Farming Using Benuwatts Reinforced Tarpaulin by Eloblogs: 10:05am On Apr 22, 2016
Fish farming, no doubt, is a lucrative venture with ever growing market within Nigeria, and a greatly untapped market internationally (especially considering the higher value of the dollar).

I have been in the business of fish production for a reasonable while, and I would like to share my little knowledge on the easiest way someone can engage in fish farming without having to break the bank.

Concrete ponds are quite popular for use in rearing of fishes, but due to some challenges that include high initial cost, high likelihood of cracks and leakages, yearly maintenance cost, bulkiness and immobility among others, plastic tanks came on board.

The limited sizes that plastic tanks come in, coupled with their increasing cost have led to the emergence of an even more convenient and less expensive material for fish farming - tarpaulin.
By tarpaulin, I do not mean the normal ones used in making canopies and bill boards. No, those ones will break under few months after installation as fish ponds.
By tarpaulin, I am actually referring to the reinforced type which can last more than 7 years when used in fish pond construction.

Because there are different types of tarpaulin in the market, and overzealous marketers who are willing to sell low quality materials to customers are not in short supply at all, I will like to advice any interested party to buy directly from Benuwatts at http://benuwatts.com/.

Benuwatts is about the only reliable manufacturer of fish pond tarpaulin in Nigeria, and I am aware that their reinforced tarpaulin is of ship grade (the type used in ship construction that withstands high ocean tides).
Initially when I bought my first fish pond tarpaulins, I bought from retailers who, as I later discovered, always bought directly from Benuwatts and then retail to direct consumers at a higher price.
Some retailers actually offer to do the whole construction for you, but I have come to discover that it is cheaper for you to embark on Do It Yourself (DIY) project. Just buy the genuine tarpaulin suits from Benuwatts and then engage your local carpenter or welder to help you construct whatever size of frame you like.
However, if you intend to install more than 15 tarpaulin fish ponds, then – as stated on Benuwatts website – you can also rely on the hired services of their expert agricultural and building engineers.

In my next write up, I will give a little cost analysis that will further inform you on your choice of materials for fish pond construction.

Thanks for reading.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easy Way To Start Modern Fish Farming Using Benuwatts Reinforced Tarpaulin by mclarry(m): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2016
good one...
Re: Easy Way To Start Modern Fish Farming Using Benuwatts Reinforced Tarpaulin by ambitious234: 6:55pm On May 03, 2016
Eloblogs:
Fish farming, no doubt, is a lucrative venture with ever growing market within Nigeria, and a greatly untapped market internationally (especially considering the higher value of the dollar).

I have been in the business of fish production for a reasonable while, and I would like to share my little knowledge on the easiest way someone can engage in fish farming without having to break the bank.

Concrete ponds are quite popular for use in rearing of fishes, but due to some challenges that include high initial cost, high likelihood of cracks and leakages, yearly maintenance cost, bulkiness and immobility among others, plastic tanks came on board.

The limited sizes that plastic tanks come in, coupled with their increasing cost have led to the emergence of an even more convenient and less expensive material for fish farming - tarpaulin.
By tarpaulin, I do not mean the normal ones used in making canopies and bill boards. No, those ones will break under few months after installation as fish ponds.
By tarpaulin, I am actually referring to the reinforced type which can last more than 7 years when used in fish pond construction.

Because there are different types of tarpaulin in the market, and overzealous marketers who are willing to sell low quality materials to customers are not in short supply at all, I will like to advice any interested party to buy directly from Benuwatts at http://benuwatts.com/.

Benuwatts is about the only reliable manufacturer of fish pond tarpaulin in Nigeria, and I am aware that their reinforced tarpaulin is of ship grade (the type used in ship construction that withstands high ocean tides).
Initially when I bought my first fish pond tarpaulins, I bought from retailers who, as I later discovered, always bought directly from Benuwatts and then retail to direct consumers at a higher price.
Some retailers actually offer to do the whole construction for you, but I have come to discover that it is cheaper for you to embark on Do It Yourself (DIY) project. Just buy the genuine tarpaulin suits from Benuwatts and then engage your local carpenter or welder to help you construct whatever size of frame you like.
However, if you intend to install more than 15 tarpaulin fish ponds, then – as stated on Benuwatts website – you can also rely on the hired services of their expert agricultural and building engineers.

In my next write up, I will give a little cost analysis that will further inform you on your choice of materials for fish pond construction.

Thanks for reading.

I have heard so much about this tarpaulin ponds. Nice work
Re: Easy Way To Start Modern Fish Farming Using Benuwatts Reinforced Tarpaulin by Diana78: 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
Re: Easy Way To Start Modern Fish Farming Using Benuwatts Reinforced Tarpaulin by Barbarjide: 8:36pm On May 05, 2018
Am not saying otherwise but I beg to be corrected. How can I trust benuwatt with my money, when I pay and It can only be dispatched in a week after they have manufactured. Whole money not even deposit.. Find it hard to believe. I need a reliable one I can deal with not this pay before seeing.
Diana78:
So many good news about this Benuwatts Tarpaulin Fish Pond both online and offline - some friends of mine have also bought from them.

Well, Kudos to the company ooo.
Re: Easy Way To Start Modern Fish Farming Using Benuwatts Reinforced Tarpaulin by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
How much

(1) (Reply)

Things You Need To Know About Fish Farming / Poultry Farming Consultancy / I Need Improved Cassava Stem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.