Stats: 3,159,744 members, 7,840,884 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Buhari Vs Corruption; Saraki's Trial Will Determine His Sincerity/insincerity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Vs Corruption; Saraki's Trial Will Determine His Sincerity/insincerity (763 Views)

MMM Vs Corruption! / Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT / Saraki’s Trial Splits APC; Senior Member Blasts Party Leaders For ‘keeping Quiet (2) (3) (4)

Buhari Vs Corruption; Saraki's Trial Will Determine His Sincerity/insincerity by Kastonkastroll(m): 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2016
Buhari has presented himself to Nigerians as the anti-corruption crusader. In one of his famous speech, Mr buhari was quoted as saying; "if Nigeria doesn't kill corruption then corruption will kill Nigeria". As a Nigerian who wants corruption reduced to the barest minimum level, I'm greatly worried with the way the saraki trial is going. Evidences brought in the CCT court have shown that saraki is guilty of all the charges against him and that saraki is a dishonorable, shady person with alot of skeletons in his closet, who is unfit to lead the national assembly.

We voted for a corruption free Nigeria, we voted for development and the progress of Nigeria, we voted against godfatherism, impunity and yet we are tormented everyday in the mainstream media houses, social medias etc to see how saraki is mocking the fight against corruption.

If saraki escapes this trial and comes out as a clean man, which might likely be the case, then I think it is safe to say that; I give up on the fight against corruption

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

Re: Buhari Vs Corruption; Saraki's Trial Will Determine His Sincerity/insincerity by psucc(m): 4:27pm On Apr 25, 2016
@OP

No sir. Your last line is subjectively manoeuvred.

There are several factors in the eyes of the law which enable it see beyond what I and you may see. The law does not think on its own or make assumptions. It does not understand implied meanings neither does it add an inch to what it knows. However, its greatest weakness is that it depends largely on previous grounds it established wrongly or rightly.

The most important factor that will see Saraki escape the axe is that even Buhari himself will go down if the CCB/CCT rules are applied.
Re: Buhari Vs Corruption; Saraki's Trial Will Determine His Sincerity/insincerity by Nashirushekoni(m): 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
That's democracy for us adjourned adjourned till case get wiser than judges if they can pass bill that will support 4 month or highest six month for any case SARAKI should have been in prison but let wait and see I support saraki must go trend
Re: Buhari Vs Corruption; Saraki's Trial Will Determine His Sincerity/insincerity by Kastonkastroll(m): 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
psucc:
@OP

No sir. Your last line is subjectively manoeuvred.

There are several factors in the eyes of the law which enable it see beyond what I and you may see. The law does not think on its own or make assumptions. It does not understand implied meanings neither does it add an inch to what it knows. However, its greatest weakness is that it depends largely on previous grounds it established wrongly or rightly.

The most important factor that will see Saraki escape the axe is that even Buhari himself will go down if the CCB/CCT rules are applied.
I know all these things. But don't forget we are talking about Nigeria here and our desperate, crooked politicians. Already you can see were saraki's defendants are taking the case. They want the umar of a guy disqualified as the judge so that their puppet will be appointed. That's what I'm worried about.
Re: Buhari Vs Corruption; Saraki's Trial Will Determine His Sincerity/insincerity by TANTUMERGO007(m): 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
Buhari hands is tied grin
Re: Buhari Vs Corruption; Saraki's Trial Will Determine His Sincerity/insincerity by Alertz3(m): 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
Due process must be followed and whoever that will adjudicate must not have vested interest and must be above board. I doubt if umar can boast of those qualities. I will even want Saraki to be jailed but it should follow the rightful and lawful procedure.
Re: Buhari Vs Corruption; Saraki's Trial Will Determine His Sincerity/insincerity by Kastonkastroll(m): 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
Alertz3:
Due process must be followed and whoever that will adjudicate must not have vested interest and must be above board. I doubt if umar can boast of those qualities. I will even want Saraki to be jailed but it should follow the rightful and lawful procedure.
EFCC have cleared umar of all the allegations against him. So what are you talking about. Abi you know more than the EFCC?

Here Is What You Have Been Told In RETROSPECT To PMS Subsidy Since Jan 2016 / Breaking News: Senator Omisore Runs From Nigeria / PHOTOS: Kaduna State Branded Fertilizer Sells For N4000 Per Bag