Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,608 members, 7,840,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike (10788 Views)

4 EKSU Lecturers Die Of Hunger In 2 Months Over Unpaid Salaries / ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday / Bayelsa Varsity students protest indefinite closure of school (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by Standing5(m): 7:35am On Apr 30, 2016
The raw power of mismanagement in full display.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by iKarma: 7:35am On Apr 30, 2016
Goddex:
[size=13pt]Akmost everybody in Bayelsa is a civil servant.

The state's civil service is overbloated and should be pruned down to a manageable size.
[/size]

All over Nigeria, the issue of civil servant workers is a huge one.
Most of Osun workers are civil servants.

It's something FG needs to start discussing. It's so hard to diversify the economy when people depend so much on government checks.

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by Evestar200(f): 7:37am On Apr 30, 2016
Bayelsa is not a state if they cant pay NDU lecturers. NDU is d only higher institution owned by d Bayelsa state goverment in dat state, no polytechnic in state, if u go to delta state poly especially d one in Ozoro is over populated with bayelsa indigene.nothing good is in that state. they always seek refuge in other pple state..Thats how they were touring around delta state looking for a suitable stadium and town for their state owned female and male football team to used, i was like if Ibori didnt lay d foundation of each local goverment headquaters having a stadium would bayelsa united and bayelsa queen take Oghara has their adopted home for d past 5 years nw. that state is one of d richest state in nigeria bt d poorest in human capital development. Delta state is bad bt i see state wey Delta state better pass.

3 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by emmanuelpopson(m): 7:37am On Apr 30, 2016
Mr Common Sense is not seeing this.... what is now the common sense he is talking about if this is coming from his own state...

Uncommon sense involved.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by omenka(m): 7:37am On Apr 30, 2016
iKarma:

You dey talk of those hungry children? How about that agbaya oloribasket Ben Bruce?
You'd never find that hungry kid trying to wear you out on the other thread here.

Sometimes, it's best ignoring them honestly.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by kolcity: 7:38am On Apr 30, 2016
this might be the biggest decision u will make in ur life. why wait for jamb nd post-utme when there is an alternative that can take u straight to 200level into any course of any university. note;this is not scam money would nt be asked from you. kAnd the interesting is that it takes a compete dullard to fail this. in the 2015/2016 session 127 applied 124 got admitted .. you can call mr samson with 07016803709 or whatsapp. #get_admitted
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by iKarma: 7:41am On Apr 30, 2016
omenka:
You'd never find that hungry kid trying to wear you out on the other thread here.

Sometimes, it's best ignoring them honestly.

Are you talking about SeverusSnape? Where is he?
SeverusSnape, this one no be Saraki or Dasuki thread, but we need your attention here.

Sometimes? Yea, but most times, you can't ignore mosquitoes.

4 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by SeverusSnape(m): 7:43am On Apr 30, 2016
iKarma:

Are you talking about SeverusSnape? Where is he?
SeverusSnape, this one no be Saraki or Dasuki thread, but we need your attention here.

Sometimes? Yea, but most times, you can't ignore mosquitoes.
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by jamislaw(m): 7:46am On Apr 30, 2016
where is the albino Ben bruslin or Ben dick..........I have forgotten his name,

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by MARKone(m): 7:53am On Apr 30, 2016
realone2012:
Forget Bayelsa....Let's talk about Osun.

Bayelsa is a less populous State than Osun...
Richer than Osun...
Receives far more allocation from FG than Osun....
but they are owing!!

Let's talk about Osun.
Hypocrisy is a big disease!

In fact it is terrible, and it pains to note that a one time president came from that state undecided no development, workers are owned months of salary, state government cannot account for huge monthly allowances from FG, and monies collected from oil firms. Give a Bayelsan, fish, net and ogogoro, then he is OK.

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 30, 2016
realone2012:

Richer than Osun...
but they are owing!!

Let's talk about Osun.
no we will still talk about bayelsa.. angry...I am a core izon man and bayelsa we must talk about...dicksons deceit has got to stop...that man arrogantly moves about without an iota of feelings for the citizens of bayelsa and yet he calls himself a governor...how in life did bayelsa end up with senseless leaders like dickson...and to know goodluck handed that man over to the state makes me even more angry...when are we going to get it right...bayelsa right now is in shambles...untold suffering is just all over the place...I am one who is advocating for the removal of immunity from all our useless governors so that they can be tried or flung out by external powers...enough of this madness...no salaries nothing for an oil producing state....what a shame... angry
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by Leke001: 7:56am On Apr 30, 2016
what is our heart made of?...how can people work and not get paid,yet the leader of in those places still live luxurously....hmmn!
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by Orikinla(m): 7:56am On Apr 30, 2016
realone2012:

Richer than Osun...
but they are owing!!

Let's talk about Osun.
WHERE IS TWITTER SENATOR BEN MURRAY-BRUCE. grin
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by tinsel: 7:57am On Apr 30, 2016
Somebody gave his wardrobe allowance to Osun workers. I wonder what he will give to his own people?

4 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 30, 2016
omenka:
You will NEVER find the children of perpetual anguish, anger, and wailing Cankerworms on a thread like this. Replace the state with "Osun" and see them arrive in droves to waank off like some adolescents addicted to p¤rn.

You'd never find the albino twitter talking drum comment on it as well- it is not in his constituency which is ALL APC STATES and Buhari's Bedroom..

Smh.
I am here omenka...I am here...and I am angry.... angry....old people have been left to suffer without pension for over 6 months...I wish governors can be stripped off their immunity so that external powers and the people can drag them to court and lock them up...what rubbish.... angry

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by blackpanda: 8:01am On Apr 30, 2016
Sorry but bayelsans shld manage what they voted for. Its their lot!

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by wink2015(m): 8:01am On Apr 30, 2016
[size=15pt]This is a big embarrassment to Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan. He was in a position to transform that state to an enviable height both as deputy governor, governor, vice president, and president.

But Jonathan threw caution to the wind by spreading Nigeria's Petro-dollars to Dasuki, Metuh, Deziani, Nenadi Usman, Khan, FFK, and the likes.

Today, Bayelsa state, a state well known for oil and gas production can not pay salaries of its workers, there is no landmark infrastructure in the state.

Jonathan laxity is responsible for this. No wonder, Ijaws Leader, E. K. Clark lamblasted Jonathan as lacking the experience to manage the Nigerian project.

If Jonathan had spent 50 % of Nigerian 's Oil earning to industrialize Bayelsa state nobody in Nigeria would have prosecuted him. He was just fooling around until power slip from his hand.[/size]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by Orikinla(m): 8:04am On Apr 30, 2016
tobex23:
where is that hypocrite called Bruce? Nothing to say? I remember him waaanking on top of Osun state matter, but he is quiet about his.... undecided common sense indeed, I just dislike the hypocrite.
1000Likes.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by blackpanda: 8:10am On Apr 30, 2016
IzonOwei:
I am here omenka...I am here...and I am angry.... angry....old people have been left to suffer without pension for over 6 months...I wish governors can be stripped off their immunity so that external powers and the people can drag them to court and lock them up...what rubbish.... angry

Lol the only external power is the APC FG that u guys said u hated. Be careful the devil u choose

Sorry but u have to endure this for the next 4yrs. Next time think about your needs rather than that of politicians

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 30, 2016
blackpanda:

Lol the only external power is the APC FG that u guys said u hated. Be careful the devil u choose

Sorry but u have to endure this for the next 4yrs. Next time think about your needs rather than that of politicians
the truth siasia was there to vote for..But bayelsans resorted to the pdp apc fight and here we have it....The apc candidate was a scam artist as well...as a people we should Start thinking beyond the 2 existing scam parties and move on to choose leaders rightly..when I say external powers I mean the people in general...because as it is the house members are already bribed so impeachment can never happen to an inept governor like dickson...

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:22am On Apr 30, 2016
Where is Ben Murray Bruce to give out his wardrobe allowance to the workers and some common sense advice to the Bayelsa State Governor?

3 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by Angrymode: 8:22am On Apr 30, 2016
I am a proud Bayelsan and I am overjoyed by this situation. The foolish population of Bayelsa needed this kind of lesson. PDP's Dickson and APC's Sylver were not even choices to be considered but a large chunk of the foolish, greedy and poverty-stricken mentality of the majority took money to vote for those tyrants. Dickson the superior tyrant prevailed and all my fearful anticipations are coming to pass. I pity the masses, me included, but we are our own downfall!!! All hail Gov Dick - The God sent to teach us a lesson.

5 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by maasoap(m): 8:23am On Apr 30, 2016
Ben Bruce Murray aka albino rat, where are you? You recently stopped mocking my state but you disappointed me by keeping quiet about your own state. Hypocrite white rat.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by PIPPROF(m): 8:54am On Apr 30, 2016
omenka:
You will NEVER find the children of perpetual anguish, anger, and wailing Cankerworms on a thread like this. Replace the state with "Osun" and see them arrive in droves to waank off like some adolescents addicted to p¤rn.

You'd never find the albino twitter talking drum comment on it as well- it is not in his constituency which is ALL APC STATES and Buhari's Bedroom..

Smh.

same way you disappear on bh and fulani threads
hypocrite
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by maxti: 9:30am On Apr 30, 2016
Most times, we don't want to face facts.
The other day, a journalist wrote stating that the economy of Bayelsa was down. Majority came for his head.
The true situation of the Bayelsa Economy can't be written in print.
We begin to ask ourselves what the state does with all the revenues n a allocations . It is just too pathetic.

4 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 30, 2016
Evestar200:
Bayelsa is not a state if they cant pay NDU lecturers. NDU is d only higher institution owned by d Bayelsa state goverment in dat state, no polytechnic in state, if u go to delta state poly especially d one in Ozoro is over populated with bayelsa indigene.nothing good is in that state. they always seek refuge in other pple state..Thats how they were touring around delta state looking for a suitable stadium and town for their state owned female and male football team to used, i was like if Ibori didnt lay d foundation of each local goverment headquaters having a stadium would bayelsa united and bayelsa queen take Oghara has their adopted home for d past 5 years nw. that state is one of d richest state in nigeria bt d poorest in human capital development. Delta state is bad bt i see state wey Delta state better pass.
funny you... Don't quote blindly... You should find out how many delta indigen studies in NDU...
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by Tbest20(m): 10:31am On Apr 30, 2016
When there euro was in power he empower militant instead of masses.look at there life 2day after a year they never see anything yet.they should follow mama peace up 2019 jonathan again 4 presidenquote author=kahal29 post=45161924]The lecturers of the Bayelsa State-owned Niger Delta University, Amassoma, have proceeded on an indefinite strike over their four months unpaid salaries.

The Bayelsa State Government is owing the lecturers and non-academic staff of the university since January 2016.

Shedding light on the industrial action on Friday, an NDU lecturer and Chairman, Academic Staff Union of Universities, Port Harcourt Zone, Prof. Beke Sese, said the decision to proceed on what he described as work-to-rule action was taken on Thursday by 3.30 pm.

He said the academic union embarked on strike when all entreaties to the state government for their salaries to be paid fell on deaf ears.

Sese said, “Yes, the work to rule action was ratified by the National Executive Council of ASUU. The national visitation team came to the university and spent three days and we met with the deputy governor, John Jonah
“They also met with the Vice Chancellor and the congress. When they come like this, before they give permission to the branch to embark on an action, they will carry out a comprehensive assessment of the situation and then ensure that strike is inevitable or can be averted.

“And then they even make effort to see if they can resolve the situation. All that they did. But all the deputy governor said was that we could go and that the government can only pay our salaries when the economy improves.

“And the question is these are people that have been working for four months without salaries and look at the circumstance of the Niger Delta University where more than 90 per cent of the lecturers and non academic staff live in Yenagoa, about 90 kilometres from Amassoma without salaries.

“Worst of all, at a time when most of the period, we are buying fuel for more than N200 per litre, this matter becomes unbearable. You cannot imagine the hardship members have been going through.

” In spite of all these, we continued even when there was so much agitation by members that we should down tool. We took so many things into consideration – the students, the children, among others. But now, where we got to is the end of the road because we just can’t continue.”

The don said when they met the deputy governor even though it was the Governor, Seriake Dickson, they wanted to meet, they were told the governor was not around.

He lamented that no clear explanation was given for the governor’s absence, noting that they got wind that he (Dickson) travelled abroad.

He stated that the congress found that action of the Governor despicable and funny, wondering what manner of a prson would travel when workers were languishing because of unpaid salaries.

He added, “After all our discussions, we met with our team. The vice president of ASUU met with the deputy governor and asked him pointedly what commitment, what could we take to the congress. The deputy governor said, he too was not sleeping and that there was no money. He simply said, ‘we will pay your salaries when the economy improves, just like that.’

“And when the vice president gave the message to Congress, people were angry. It is not like we are going on strike, it is more of passive noncompliance (PNC). Because the issues are very very clear. It is like work to rule, the conditions are not conducive for us to work. So, whenever the condition is conducive for us to work, we will come back and continue. It is very straightforward, no complication.”

Sese also said there was also an issue of some categories of staff – graduate assistants, contract and sabbatical workers engaged legitimately in 2013 that the state government had refused to pay a dime up till now.

He said the graduate assistants are the future of the university, stressing that every university needs sabbatical staff because that is the whole essence of a university – to get staff anywhere to augment what thet have.

He said despite the hue and cry by the government that the salaries of staff in the university were high, the NDU as it is right now is grossly understaffed.

He also berated successive governments in the state for not doing anything to sustain the university, addinv that the NDU was suffering from acute neglect.

Sese stated, “At the NDU, what you see is acute neglect. If you go to the university, there is no one single structure built by the Bayelsa State Government in the past 16 years. It is very ridiculous and everybody is complaining that there is no fund. It is just a matter of will, once the will is there, there is a way.

“The decision to go on work-to-rule was effectively taken yesterday (Thursday) by 3.30pm.

http://www.punchng.com/53009-2/[/quote]
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 10:37am On Apr 30, 2016
Bayelsa is to its people what Nigeria is to Us. Rich but nothing to show for it.

We have to grow past the level of senselesness.

Dnt know how true it is, but I was informed that Bayelsa dsnt get a dime from the oil explorations taking place in the state. Oil companies like shell and the likes who are exploring oil and gas in Bayelsa pay exploration revenues to Rivers state. That's why currently their activities have been shut down recently in Bayelsa.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by Evestar200(f): 10:48am On Apr 30, 2016
cutedawg:
funny you... Don't quote blindly... You should find out how many delta indigen studies in NDU...
Do u what to compare d numbers of Deltans studying in NDU with numbers of Bayelsans studying in DELSU, Oghara poly, Ozoro poly, Ogwashi-uku poly, Delta state college of health technology Ofuoma Ughelli.. Delta state college of marine technology bomadi, Delta state college of physical education mosogar etc Do u want to compare d number of students in one State higher instiution with d number of students in more than 5 state higher institution.?
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 30, 2016
Evestar200:
Do u what to compare d numbers of Deltans studying in NDU with numbers of Bayelsans studying in DELSU, Oghara poly, Ozoro poly, Ogwashi-uku poly, Delta state college of health technology Ofuoma Ughelli.. Delta state college of marine technology bomadi, Delta state college of physical education mosogar etc Do u want to compare d number of students in one State higher instiution with d number of students in more than 5 state higher institution.?
but yet delta indigenous study in a state u said "nothing good is in that state"... Girls will forever remain girls. Don't compare things that shouldn't be comparable, delta came into existence before bayelsa, though not an excuse for her lacking behind. Generally now, nothing is going well in this country, and that affect most states, bayelsa isn't excluded.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by dwag: 11:27am On Apr 30, 2016
cutedawg:
but yet delta indigenous study in a state u said "nothing good is in that state"... Girls will forever remain girls. Don't compare things that shouldn't be comparable, delta came into existence before bayelsa, though not an excuse for her lacking behind. Generally now, nothing is going well in this country, and that affect most states, bayelsa isn't excluded.
nicely said!!!
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Varsity Lecturers Proceed On Indefinite Strike by dwag: 11:29am On Apr 30, 2016
Evestar200:
u killD it here

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Solarin's Widow Locks Mayflower School In Protest / How To Criticize Constructively And Nicely / The Nigerian Stock Exchange Essay Competition For Secondary Schools, 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.