Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu (16111 Views)

EFCC Investigates Isa Yuguda's Mansion In Bauchi (Photos) / Orode Uduaghan & Ryan Okpu To Divorce After 4 Years Of Marriage / EFCC Investigates Aregbesola Over Diverted LG Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by ORACLE1975(m): 5:05am On May 20, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has begun investigations into the roles of the immediate past Governor of Delta State, Emmanuel Uduaghan, and a former federal lawmaker, Ndudi Elumelu, for in the $115m (N23bn) disbursed by a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, during the build-up to the 2015 presidential election.

The EFCC also grilled a former Delta State Commissioner for Finance, Chief David Edevbie; and a former state chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party Chairman, Chief Edwin Uzor, for their alleged roles in the scam.

According to detectives in the anti-graft agency, the ‘Delta share’ of the money, which was N450m, was withdrawn from the Nnebisi branch of Fidelity Bank in Delta State and handed over to Uduaghan.

“During interrogation at the Port Harcourt office of the EFCC, we were told that the money was N450m and it was received through the Nnebisi branch of Fidelity Bank, Delta State, and handed over to Uduaghan for disbursement to the local governments during the 2015 general elections.

“The next step will be to quiz Uduaghan so that he can explain his own side of the story. They will be in court as soon as investigations are completed.”

All attempts to speak with Elumelu proved abortive as he neither answered calls not responded to a text message sent to his telephone on Thursday night.

As part of investigations into the fraud in the oil sector last month, the EFCC discovered that Diezani allegedly deposited $115m into Fidelity Bank through four companies.

She was alleged to have also given $26m cash to the Managing Director of the bank, Mr. Nnamdi Okonkwo, before the presidential election in 2015.

EFCC authorities alleged that the $115m, which was later converted to N23bn, was used to bribe officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission.

The EFCC has since arrested over 20 INEC officials and quizzed some former governors, including ex-governor Liyel Imoke of Cross River State and ex-governor Ibrahim Shekerau of Kano State.

Meanwhile, a former Senior Special Assistance to the Bayelsa State Governor on Millennium Development Goals, Mr. Apere Embeleakpo, and the agency’s accountant, Allison Amachree, have been interrogated by the EFCC over their alleged involvement in the embezzlement of over N380m belonging to the agency.

They were alleged to have diverted the money by awarding fictitious contracts among themselves without following due process.

Already some properties, belonging to the suspects, including a petrol station, two plazas and their bank accounts, have also come under investigations following a court order obtained by the EFCC.

“Although the suspects were picked up and granted administrative bail by the EFCC, further investigations are ongoing. The suspects will be arraigned in court as soon as investigation is completed,” an EFCC source stated.

Source www.punchng.com/n23bn-diezani-bribe-efcc-investigates-uduaghan-ndudi-elumelu/

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by GudluckIBB(m): 5:34am On May 20, 2016
Buhari might not have gotten it right, But If jonathan had continued in office, things would have been rossy now, But towaards the end of 2017,Nigeria would have been dead from the looting spree of jonathan.

Boko haram would have spread to other parts of the country becos it would have gotten out of control by now.

On a final note in case wailers wants to attack me, rememeber the following Quotes

Jonathan was a Monumental Mistake-- Doyin Okupe

Fielding jonathan was a Mistake-Ayodele Fayose

Jonathan shouldn't have contested for second term,it was a big mistake fielding him-- Raymond Dokpesi.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by chanezzar0world: 6:02am On May 20, 2016
What a shame that the so called Niger delta avengers and militants also refuse to look inwards, as to who is really sabotaging them! What have the leaders done to alleviate the suffering of their people, including the traditional leaders! [img][/img]

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by caleb404: 6:58am On May 20, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Buhari might not have gotten it right, But If jonathan had continued in office, things would have been rossy now, But towaards the end of 2017,Nigeria would have been dead from the looting spree of jonathan.

Boko haram would have spread to other parts of the country becos it would have gotten out of control by now.

On a final note in case wailers wants to attack me, rememeber the following Quotes

Jonathan shouldn't have contested for second term,it was a big mistake fielding him-- Raymond Dokpesi.

You're only deceiving yourself and fellow zombies! Nigeria has never had it this bad.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by caleb404: 7:03am On May 20, 2016
caleb404:

[b]Nigeria has never had it this bad.

The failure is not as a result of fallen oil prices. How that affects the core stability of the country we do not understand. Oil prices did not lead to the rise of biafra and militancy. It didn't lead to fulani herdsmen rampage. Oil prices has an almost indirect effect on the scarcity of tomatoes.

What's happening is pure monumental failure and I know it's tough but you have to admit the old man is incapable of leading Nigeria. Obasanjo confirmed it to you already. Keep expecting miracles from the desert!

And you should try to pipe down on calling people wailers, everyone in Nigeria is currently wailing! Only that some people as Fela asserts like suffering and smiling in silence, their souls have been sold to eternal slavery.

How dare they complain of light when their once acclaimed and revered Fashola has been demystified?

How dare they complain of the precarious financial situation when their UK "accented" minister turns out to possess only accent??[/b]

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by GudluckIBB(m): 7:05am On May 20, 2016
caleb404:

[s][/s]You're only deceiving yourself and fellow zombies! Nigeria has never had it this bad.

The failure is not as a result of fallen oil prices. How that affects the core stability of the country we do not understand. Oil prices did not lead to the rise of biafra and militancy. It didn't lead to fulani herdsmen rampage. Oil prices has an almost indirect effect on the scarcity of tomatoes.

What's happening is pure monumental failure and I know it's tough but you have to admit the old man is incapable of leading Nigeria. Obasanjo confirmed it to you already. Keep expecting miracles from the desert!

Babadash in Ese Oruru's voice

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by Bitterleafsoup: 7:07am On May 20, 2016
9Ja cry

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by joseph1832(m): 7:13am On May 20, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
9Ja cry
My dear, after hearing the amount people carted away, and the number of people who died during Boko Haram insurgency, talkless of the blatant scam that happened under his nose (Immigration Job Scam) which lead to the death of some. I'm very surprise you're still shouting GEJ.

26 Likes

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by TheNonce: 7:20am On May 20, 2016
undecided
caleb404:

You're only deceiving yourself and fellow zombies! Nigeria has never had it this bad.

The failure is not as a result of fallen oil prices. How that affects the core stability of the country we do not understand. Oil prices did not lead to the rise of BIAFRA and MILITANCY. It didn't lead to FULANI HERDSMEN rampage. Oil prices has an almost indirect effect on the scarcity of tomatoes.

What's happening is pure monumental failure and I know it's tough but you have to admit the old man is INCAPABLE of leading Nigeria. Obasanjo confirmed it to you already. Keep expecting miracles from the desert!

So "herdsmen, militancy and biafra" were all unheard of before this administration abi?

And even the article depicting the massive looting spree that was going on under the guise of leadership, that has denied YOU, ME or even the O.P a decent standard of living in a country as blessed as ours, is something you should be applauding and defending I guess?

And finally even with the evidence in front of your very eyes, you still think that hopeless dunce from otueke was a more CAPABLE LEADER?

Well I'm not suprised! Most of you so called wailers are genetically _stupid so your views are rightly viewed as hogwash by discerning minds! Young man, I would advise that you try and end your on going quarrel with "common sense" so that you may become less pained and more sensible in your life!

Nonsense.............

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by caleb404: 7:36am On May 20, 2016
TheNonce:
undecided

[s]So "herdsmen, militancy and biafra" were all unheard of before this administration abi?

And even the article depicting the massive looting spree that was going on under the guide of leadership, that has denied YOU, ME or even the O.P a decent standard of living in a country as blessed as ours, is something you should be applauding and defending I guess?

And finally even with the evidence in front of your very eyes, you still think that hopeless dunce from otueke was a more CAPABLE LEADER?

Well I'm not suprised! Most of you so called wailers are genetically _stupid so your views a rightly viewed as hogwash by discerning minds! Young man, I would advise that you try and end your on going quarrel with "common sense" so that you may become less pained and more sensible in your life!

Nonsense.............[/s]

Rubbish! Go to the nearest filling station or go to the market to market your zombiesm... If dem nor beat the zombie comot our body, change my name.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by WebSurfer(m): 8:06am On May 20, 2016
Finally? Uduaghan the massive and biggest thief... I have been wondering how much bribe they have been collecting for not going after him all these while.. That man finished Delta state to the core

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by myners007: 8:07am On May 20, 2016
EFCC are only good at quizzing corrupt politicians,I hope they are not receiving their share from the loots. Uduaghan is currently out of dis country n they wnt to probe him. I wish Uduaghan luck as he faces d EFCC
Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by ednut1(m): 8:07am On May 20, 2016
media trial 100% legal trial 0% conviction ratio 10000 : 1. mtcheew

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by Pavarottii(m): 8:09am On May 20, 2016
Na only d current PDP members be Thief. Carry on... EFCC.
U guys should av it at the back of ur mind, that u won't be in power 4rever.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by busyfishing(m): 8:13am On May 20, 2016
TheNonce:
undecided

So "herdsmen, militancy and biafra" were all unheard of before this administration abi?

And even the article depicting the massive looting spree that was going on under the guide of leadership, that has denied YOU, ME or even the O.P a decent standard of living in a country as blessed as ours, is something you should be applauding and defending I guess?

Well I'm not suprised! Most of you so called wailers are genetically _stupid so your views a rightly viewed as hogwash by discerning minds! Young man, I would advise that you try and end your on going quarrel with "common sense" so that you may become less pained and more sensible in your life!

Nonsense.............
my guy!

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:14am On May 20, 2016
Uduaghan finally

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by mayorkyzo: 8:16am On May 20, 2016
Hightime this uduaghan of a man is summoned...did absolutely nothing in his 8yrs as governor...

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by dania30(f): 8:19am On May 20, 2016
Uduaghan finally!!! Welcome- the biggest scammer!

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by xcuggsm(m): 8:23am On May 20, 2016
ednut1:
media trial 100% legal trial 0% conviction ratio 10000 : 1. mtcheew

Gbammmm!!! You got it bro cry

1 Like

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by megxo(m): 8:25am On May 20, 2016
Uduaghan is next....
.ok o

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by collinzy: 8:29am On May 20, 2016
Uduaghan is even a bigger thief than Jonathan's ministers combined. His wife powered the street lights in the state by supplying diesel. Who still uses diesel to power street lights when solar power took over decades ago? The good roads were constructed under James Ibori's(Another big thief) administration. Infact, no project was carried out in the state throughout the 8yeaes of that fools administration. DSC, WARRI SEAPORT AND other bigger companies that are supposed to be fully functional to provide jobs for the youths here are totally shut down because these so called fools that ruled out state didn't even present these cases to the federal government. Now all you see our youths doiing in warri is following any tipper of sand, granite and cement to its destination so they can collect settlement or on the streets trying to check keke napep that hasn't bought the #50 daily ticket.
DELTA STATE is 20steps backward because of that cool Uduaghan. Even Itsekiris have rejected him so lock him and his household up for life. We don't care

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by tinsel: 8:31am On May 20, 2016
caleb404:

Rubbish! Go to the nearest filling station or go to the market to market your zombiesm... If dem nor beat the zombie comot our body, change my name.
Man, you called a strike against an unpopular government and people refused to come out to protest. And the strike died a natural death?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by ikukuhero: 8:32am On May 20, 2016
Uduaghan at last! Thank you Jesus. Uduaghan was one of the most corrupt Governors in the SS. His wife handled juicy contracts in the State and acquired properties based on their position. They really looted Delta State. Not to talk of that sham of an airport at Asaba. I hope their loot becomes a snare to them and their generations unborn. Selfish people living in affluence while Deltans suffer. From Ibori to Uduaghan to Okowa. All of same mould.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by Nobody: 8:39am On May 20, 2016
Amazing

Peter Obi, Emmanuel Uduaghan, Liyel Imoke, Akpabio, Suswam, Dickson and immediate past governor of Enugu should all be picked up by EFCC on this matter. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Elumelu's case is the first and the last even Transcorp Plc should be probed. embarassed

Even Jonathan should not be spared for one second angry
Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by Nbote(m): 8:45am On May 20, 2016
GudluckIBB:

And u don't find it ironic dat till date d only convictions u have seen have all been in d media where zombies are d judge, jury and executioner? Everyday u hear, billions traced to Diezani, and her cohorts in d media and yet till date no case in d courts against her yet.. Or u want to giv d excuse of d UK hiding and shielding her? I guess d UK also shielded and hid Ibori by way of a conviction ryt? Well it's what kips zombies fired up so d govt might as well kip spicing it up for una...
Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by Nobody: 8:47am On May 20, 2016
Uduaghan is a patethic thief ,stole our money to build hospital in China
Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by Nobody: 8:50am On May 20, 2016
Efcc all the past and present governors of Delta state are all looters pls check them oooo Jame ibori is their coach .
Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by stinggy(m): 8:51am On May 20, 2016
Good that Deltans are coming out to say the truth about Uduaghan and not supporting him just because he's 'their son'
Ibori was bad, Uduaghan was worse, Okowa is towing that line too. Back to back failed leaders. No basic amenities even with that huge revenue from Oil. Only the Gods can interfere in Delta's case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by prisiluv(f): 8:51am On May 20, 2016
If uduaghan returns all the money he stole,nigeria's current financial state,will improve. undecided believe me! Just lock him up without probe or trial and throw the keys into ethiope river! Ibori-uduaghan-okowa..SMH angry

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by dominion001(m): 8:52am On May 20, 2016
finally dem don remember uduaghan. Despite i dnt like d silencing of opposition dat is going on but i think dey need to drill dat uduaghan of a guy. Dat guy left so much debt for deltans that okowa is paying bak. D only thing dat guy did for eight years is d two low quality fly overs at effurun and asaba.efcc mk una leave campaign money bcus APC also spent during campain which nobody is asking about d source but probe uduaghan's eight years term administration una go suprise say weting ibori tif na pocket money.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Investigates Uduaghan, Ndudi Elumelu by buJu234: 8:59am On May 20, 2016
dania30:
Uduaghan finally!!! Welcome- the biggest scammer!

i have been wondering why this ex-delta state governor hasnt been arrested since by EFCC.

Ayiri decided to join APC in the last minute after Bubu won the election; cos he wants both himself & Uduaghan to be hidden from EFCC arrest.

I dont know why the likes of Amaechi; Uduaghan; Ayiri etc are left out from this anti-corruption war?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Speakership: Femi Gbajabiamila In Religious Complicity / Magu, Going The Way Of His Predecessors? / EFCC Arraigns Fake Interpol Officers Over Alleged $954,960 Fraud

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.