Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members (18646 Views)

Buhari Presents A Gift To Arase, Outgoing IG Of Police ( Photos) / Buhari Shops For Arase’s Replacement / Enugu: Arase Orders Detention Of Policeman Involved In Massacre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by PhockPhockMan: 11:54am On May 31, 2016

The Inspector-General of the Nigerian Police, Solomon E. Arase, has ordered the disarmament of members of Independent People of Biafra (IPOB).

This was made known in a statement, Tuesday, signed by ACP Olabisi Kolawole, the Force Public Relation officer.

The IGP further decried killings of police officers by the members of IPOB who yesterday went violent during a protest that oguth to be peaceful in some States in the south east.

The statement read this

Following the manifestation of the disposition of the armed Independent People of Biafra (IPOB) activists to undertake premeditated attacks on Police officers engage in operations aimed at restoring public order in States in the South-East and South-South geopolitical zone of the country, the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Solomon E. Arase, fdc, NPM has directed the Assistant Inspectors General of Police and the Commissioners of Police in the affected area to disarm members of the group operating firearms immediately.

The IGP noted that the targeted attacks on Police personnel, who have been performing their statutory functions in the most professional and civil manner since the latest resurgence disorder, portrays the IPOB activists who are orchestrating the insurrection as having crossed the threshold in their misguided attempt to test the common will of the nation.

IGP Arase, while condemning the killing by members of IPOB, also directed the arrest of any member of the group found in possession of firearm and bring him/her to deserved justice, while all IPOB activists arrested in connection with the killing of the Policemen should be charged to court for murder.

Meanwhile, the Nigeria Police Force will continue to diligently work towards eliminating any threat to internal security and assures Nigerians of its commitment to their safety and security.
ABUJA.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/police-igp-orders-disarmament-ipob-members/

8 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by Fash20: 11:56am On May 31, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by cktheluckyman: 11:57am On May 31, 2016
God punish this useless man!! Are members of IPOB armed? You didn't even bother to talk about the unarmed civillians killed yesterday!!
Better reserve your energy for the disarmment of the fulani militia!!

BTW only a tree will sit down and allow people to cut it down!! If the government keeps up with the brutalization of IPOB members they might just take up arms

135 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by eazisky(m): 12:05pm On May 31, 2016
Lol

Why killing police when they are your friends?

3 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by freeze001(f): 12:05pm On May 31, 2016
And fulani herdsmen? No disarmament order? Double standards will kill you people in this country. So now there has been resistance of the wanton killings by police and security agencies he is suddenly awake? How about disarming the criminals in uniform that kill without provocation? Nonsense!!

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by PhockPhockMan: 12:06pm On May 31, 2016
This is the height of hypocrisy. This is a man that have not at anytime called for disarmament of fulani herdsmen that have killed more people than Isis.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by kwuui(m): 12:07pm On May 31, 2016
freeze001:
And fulani herdsmen? No disarmament order? Double standards will kill you people in this country

1 Like

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by Csami(m): 12:12pm On May 31, 2016
When is he going to order the disarmament of buhari brothers?

38 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by SaiNigeria: 12:13pm On May 31, 2016
The IG did not quickly defend Ese the underaged girl, he waited for the emir to return.

The IG never ordered the disarmament of Fulani herdsmen when it's obvious that rape, kidnapping and killings is their trademark.

The shariah commissions that unlawfully authorized kidnapped children for marriages have never being arrested.

Police still extort money from motorists and those they unlawfully detained.

Now they are tagging the peaceful Biafran protesters ARMED GROUP so as to justify their further onslaught against IPOB...

Why so much conspiracy against the Igbo man

87 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by PhockPhockMan: 12:14pm On May 31, 2016
freeze001:
And fulani herdsmen? No disarmament order? Double standards will kill you people in this country. So now there has been resistance of the wanton killings by police and security agencies he is suddenly awake? How about disarming the criminals in uniform that kill without provocation? Nonsense!!

I wonder o o.

5 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by SaiNigeria: 12:19pm On May 31, 2016
You see how fantastically corrupt Nigeria state is! Have Ipob member been armed?

All these lies cannot work, just look at how Nigeria police as corrupt as it is has falsefully accused Ipob of possesing firearms.

What a joke, in the name of trying to tag Ipob a terrorist group?

Why have these buhari police men never issued order for immediate disarming of fulani herdsmen who move around with guns.

What a disgraceful and deceitful and fantastically corrupt rogue entity......so stinking zoo republic undecided

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by Lvlink(f): 12:46pm On May 31, 2016
For the first time i am calling someone who is old enough to be my father an Idio.t.

This man is an Idi.ot and a very Big fool. Thunder strike you there Mr IG.

Which Nigeria Police has been conducting their job professionally?

Is it the same Nigeria police we know, or another one?

Finally, Mr IG, i may not be a member of IPOB or MASSOB but i am an igbo girl. Precisely from Umuagu Asaba Delta State.

Your men shot and killed my people who were conducting a peaceful remembrance day! And all you could vomite is this nonsense?

God will kill you and your Generation, and anybody who supported or supports this grave wickedness against the Igbo race shall be doomed!

The almighty God shall render your lands desolate!

Useless People!

Oya mynd44 come and ban me. Mtchewww!

122 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by PhockPhockMan: 12:50pm On May 31, 2016

when will IGP orders disarmament of these Libyan killers?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 31, 2016
grin
Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by kozmokaz(m): 1:11pm On May 31, 2016
change can only come wen we stand together as one

fr now we ain't one!!

proudly Igbo![b]

11 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 31, 2016
I know this art. You prescribe a drug that assumes a nonexistent illness to help your evil cause. I can't be blinded by this trick or the double standards written all over it. Super Arase, the Wise One!

No statement about the lives lost on either side. Life has become so insignificant in this country that blood on our land fertilizes our union rather than diminish the man in us. Blood is our fertilizer. Our stabilizer. And sterilizer. What a country!

How do you disarm somebody who's not armed in the first place? That's a logical impossibility. Does this lie make any Igbo to love the country more? This is a good reason not the love Nigeria.

Fulani herdsmen are all over the country armed and there's no talk of disarmament but you protest or do meet in your house and you become a demon. You don't shatter ideologies using lower methods.

You topple an ideology with a superior ideology. You don't shoot at my brothers because you think they are mad and expect me to love you. I'd be divine to. These only create sympathizers for the cause.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by brownskindude: 1:25pm On May 31, 2016
Go and disarm fulani herdsmen first. I doubt if any police man would be stupid enough to go on a suicide mission such as this.

12 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by paschu: 1:26pm On May 31, 2016
Only a brainless person would believe that BIG FAT LIE. And only a walking dead devoid of conscience would spew an obvious crap from NPF as fact.

NPF has no capacity to dispense facts let alone truth.

Here's proof:

1. This year NPF killed a PH student and denied it.

2. This year NPF allowed mascre in NIMBO and denied it ever happened. In fact they even gave an "official statement" (like that lying demon in asaba just did) and called nimbo invasion by fulani herdsmen an "inter communal conflict"

3. Up till this very moment the NPF's official stand is that agatu masacre never happened.

Only a walking dead would accept NPF's official position as fact.

These group that's being murdered in cold blood were out for COMMEMORATION not even for a protest. Only a lunatic would believe that an unarmed group that's out on a peaceful event would suddenly go to confront an army-vehiecle.

But for everyone that's shamelessly lusting for igbo blood in any way, without remorse and sympathy, I decree and declare today that the very thing you imagine against igbos will engulf you like a whirlwind and consume you very fast like a wilde flame. Your fate is sealed now. Now is your moment of judgement.

But for the igbo nation, people and friends, it will be longevity, peace, and prosperity all the way.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by sukkot: 1:28pm On May 31, 2016
ohh shytttt about to get real

3 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by phenase(m): 1:29pm On May 31, 2016
IPOB are armless, these Nigeria's Newspapers

2 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by sukkot: 1:29pm On May 31, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

when will IGP orders disarmament of these Libyan killers?
those arent libyans though. they look sudanese. jus sayin brah. dont shoot the messenger undecided

2 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by repogirl(f): 1:29pm On May 31, 2016
Good idea.

We are still waiting for when he will give the order to 'disarmament' the Fulani herdsmen who destroy lives, properties and entire communities also. angry

6 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by macaranta(m): 1:30pm On May 31, 2016
Were they armed before?this tactics is widening the cracks of our National unity.

5 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by DrChukzy(m): 1:30pm On May 31, 2016
My problem is not even the rubbish this idiot is spewing, my problem is the way some Zombies will come here to justify the actions of Fulani Herdsmen. Naijeria!

5 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by Tos87(m): 1:30pm On May 31, 2016
when ever i think about the happenings in this country i cry ...
Arese...why are you yet to disarm fulani cattle rearers.

4 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by Drsheddy(m): 1:30pm On May 31, 2016
H
Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by lonelydora: 1:31pm On May 31, 2016
IPOB members are not armed. He should also call for disarmament of herdsmen and boko boys.

5 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by stonch101(m): 1:32pm On May 31, 2016
Arese is high on weed, look at his eyes. Bleep the police

3 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by TippyTop(m): 1:32pm On May 31, 2016
Only Fulani herdsmen can bear arms.

2 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by win3k: 1:32pm On May 31, 2016
and the disarmament order for fulani herdsmen?

He does not have enough balls for that, useless southerner

2 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by omenka(m): 1:32pm On May 31, 2016
They are a menace to the society just like Boko Haram, NDA, and the rest of them. They should be dealt with accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: Arase Orders Disarmament Of IPOB Members by Ifebazz(m): 1:33pm On May 31, 2016
Very easily so, but no news about Fulani herdsmen 'disarmament'. Hope Buhari is truly not a bigot tyrant?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dogara Deducts Lawmaker's Salaries - Jibrin / Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court / Photos From Amaechi's Book Launch Yesterday Featuring Tinubu,Dangote,Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.