Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,548 members, 7,840,311 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb (1845 Views)

Help With LG G5 Screen / Lg G5 Looks Like A Fail / Brand New Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Mcdondayan: 8:05am On Jul 20, 2016
Hello everyone, I am in a fix about making a choice between these two phones. So please the tech guys or those who have used any of these two phones should please give me a reason to or not to buy either of the 2 phones.
I have my personal reasons for not going for the Galaxy s7, and I don't like their edge variants either. And also note that the difference in price between the 2 devices is not an issue.
Thank you in advance for your contribution.
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Jeffy1206(m): 9:42am On Jul 20, 2016
For better performance and up to date get yourself the G5... great camera and better battery life...

1 Like

Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Mcdondayan: 9:59am On Jul 20, 2016
Jeffy1206:
For better performance and up to date get yourself the G5... great camera and better battery life...
Thanks bro. But the challenge I usually have with phones is that it usually drops from my hand all the time and I fear that when the G5 drops, the part that pops out will get damaged. You need to see my s4 to understand what I am talking about.
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Peterpan222(m): 10:09am On Jul 20, 2016
Mcdondayan:

Thanks bro. But the challenge I usually have with phones is that it usually drops from my hand all the time and I fear that when the G5 drops, the part that pops out will get damaged. You need to see my s4 to understand what I am talking about.

What do u want us to do?... Best get the G5 and special porch for it. Then get another device maybe Tecno and do ur daily activities with it, while u leave ur G5 for special cases..

1 Like

Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Mcdondayan: 10:45am On Jul 20, 2016
Peterpan222:

What do u want us to do?... Best get the G5 and special porch for it. Then get another device maybe Tecno and do ur daily activities with it, while u leave ur G5 for special cases..
Thanks bro, but you sound so angry and bitter.
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Peterpan222(m): 10:58am On Jul 20, 2016
Mcdondayan:

Thanks bro, but you sound so angry and bitter.
I'm not angry but I'm bitter. U just mentioned expensive gadgets knowing fully well your handling capability...

There is no need of going for it if u knw it won't last in your hands (no matter your financial status which I don't knw)

I'm not angry sir! If I were to be u, I did go for Super string devices that are mere lesser in price that those two u mentioned..

The more expensive they are, the more fragile the bcoms.. Soonest u will see phones made of glass. FRAGILE

5 Likes

Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Mcdondayan: 11:22am On Jul 20, 2016
Peterpan222:

I'm not angry but I'm bitter. U just mentioned expensive gadgets knowing fully well your handling capability...

There is no need of going for it if u knw it won't last in your hands (no matter your financial status which I don't knw)

I'm not angry sir! If I were to be u, I did go for Super string devices that are mere lesser in price that those two u mentioned..

The more expensive they are, the more fragile the bcoms.. Soonest u will see phones made of glass. FRAGILE
One love brother. Can you give me such options, these are the specs I need from the phone.
1. 4gb ram
2. Not less than 32gb internal memory
3. Has a memory card slot.
4. Not less than 2800mAh battery.
5 Non plastic body
6 Not a Chinese phone and not an IPhone.

Thank you.
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by donhils: 3:58pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mcdondayan:

Thanks bro. But the challenge I usually have with phones is that it usually drops from my hand all the time and [/b]I fear that when the G5 drops, the part that pops out will get damaged[b]. You need to see my s4 to understand what I am talking about.
Lg G5 is made of Aluminum while S6 is Glass front and back, yet you're concerned that G5 would scratch when it falls ; what do you think the S6 would do given the same circumstances?
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by dustmalik: 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mcdondayan:

One love brother. Can you give me such options, these are the specs I need from the phone.
1. 4gb ram
5 Non plastic body

Thank you.
You could get the One Plus Three.

1 Like

Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Mcdondayan: 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2016
dustmalik:

Thanks man I would check it out.
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Mcdondayan: 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
donhils:

Lg G5 is made of Aluminum while S6 is Glass front and back, yet you're concerned that G5 would scratch when it falls ; what do you think the S6 would do given the same circumstances?
Please understand my comment or browse before you reply. LG G5 is a phone with a modular design. Under it there is a part that you can pop out to replace the battery or fix attachments. No my concern was after several fall will that part not be shaky or loose.
Thanks for the reply anyway.
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mcdondayan:

1. 4gb ram
5 Non plastic body

Thank you.
Check out htc 10
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
dustmalik:

No memory card slot
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by tmanis(m): 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
you should really look at the HTC10... coming fron a company trying to make a come back, they threw their best at it

plus: it looks as tho iPhone 6 and galaxy S6 had a baby grin
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by dustmalik: 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2016
greenhulk:

No memory card slot
It is shipped with 64gb internal memory. For most people, that is well enough.
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
dustmalik:

It is shipped with 64gb internal memory. For most people, that is well enough.

U have a point. The one plus 3 is a solid phone, but personally not for me, it is just too boring.
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by dustmalik: 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2016
greenhulk:

U have a point. The one plus 3 is a solid phone, but personally not for me, it is just too boring.
Because of its near stock OS? I personally prefer the new Touchwiz UX and new NOTE grace UX. I'm tired of stock experience.
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
dustmalik:

Because of it's near stock OS? I personally prefer the new Touchwiz UX and new NOTE grace UX. I'm tired of stock experience.

That's exactly my point. I don't like stock, I prefer touchwiz and sense.
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by donhils: 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mcdondayan:

Please understand my comment or browse before you reply. LG G5 is a phone with a modular design. Under it there is a part that you can pop out to replace the battery or fix attachments. No my concern was after several fall will that part not be shaky or loose.
Thanks for the reply anyway.
Just so u know, I recently got the G5 so I'm replying u with it and I can tell u it's way way sturdier than s6. B4 G5 would break, ure sure to have your s6 in pieces.

1 Like

Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Decale: 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2016
Camera - G5. Even better than the s7

Battery - S6

Updates - Well, s6 is faster with ROMS

Software - S6

Screen - S6

Speaker - Both are really good. G5 maybe a little better

Design - S6

Processor and Ram - G5 though I don't see any difference in use

Summary: If you want a media kinda phone, bad äss camera with sd card support and ability to change batteries, go for the g5.
If you desire aesthetics, multifunctionality and a gorgeous screen, do get the s6

2 Likes

Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Mcdondayan: 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2016
Decale:

Battery - S6

Software - S6

Screen - S6

Design - S6

Summary: If you want a media kinda phone, bad äss camera with sd card support and ability to change batteries, go for the g5.
If you desire aesthetics, multifunctionality and a gorgeous screen, do get the s6
Honestly speaking if you are a student I can bet my balls that you are graduating with distinction. Simple question and you gave the best reply. With this I can add to what I already know and draw a conclusion. God bless you for this apt response.
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Mcdondayan: 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2016
Decale:

Battery - S6

Software - S6

Screen - S6

Design - S6

Can you throw a little more light on the multifunctionality as you said on your last paragraph?
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Decale: 9:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mcdondayan:

Can you throw a little more light on the multifunctionality as you said on your last paragraph?

Like Samsung apps such as S health, notes, quick connect, S voice, remote, etc
Pop up, motions and gestures
VR, tv sync
Power saving and download booster options that really work
Easier root, better ROMS, simplest to manoeuvre after a brick

They're numerous

1 Like

Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Mcdondayan: 11:00pm On Jul 20, 2016
Decale:

Like Samsung apps such as S health, notes, quick connect, S voice, remote, etc
Pop up, motions and gestures
VR, tv sync
Power saving and download booster options that really work
Easier root, better ROMS, simplest to manoeuvre after a brick

They're numerous
Thanks be honest with you, I didn't use most if those apps in the s4 which I am currently using. And can't they or their alternatives be downloaded as 3rd party apps from playstore?
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Decale: 11:42pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mcdondayan:

Thanks be honest with you, I didn't use most if those apps in the s4 which I am currently using. And can't they or their alternatives be downloaded as 3rd party apps from playstore?

Some can be

That's the difference. Lg G5 is good on its own and you won't miss much if you choose it. Anyone is really really okay but none is perfect

1 Like

Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Veritas234(m): 8:22am On Jul 21, 2016
Galaxy S6 had a huge battery drain issues when it debuted last year and I do hope subsequent update would have fixed the issue. If you have an issue about phone handling then you'd have an issue with the S6 too considering Samsung veered away from their traditional plasticky covers to glass back.

The LG G5 has the latest specs befitting of a 2016 flagship, better camera than the S6. However the "coating brouhaha" and the modular iteration gimmick it tried to pioneer hasn't really improve the company's bottom line. The battery life of the G5 is also suspect. At 2800mAh powering a QHD screen and SD 820 processor is a mismatch in my own view. At least the industry standard for most flagship is 3000mAh.
While it has expandable memory and 4GB RAM like you'd want, read more reviews on G5 performance before you jump ship. For me, stay off Galaxy S6.

On a personal note, I've ordered for a Oneplus 3 as it meets my requirement and I don't have to really break the bank to use a 2016 flagship. For $399 and you a 5.5" Super Amoled screen, 64GB Space, 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 and 3000mAh.
My gripes are the lack of expandable memory and a few other quirks.

1 Like

Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Mcdondayan: 9:50am On Jul 21, 2016
Veritas234:
Galaxy S6 had a huge battery drain issues when it debuted last year and I do hope subsequent update would have fixed the issue. If you have an issue about phone handling then you'd have an issue with the S6 too considering Samsung veered away from their traditional plasticky covers to glass back.

The LG G5 has the latest specs befitting of a 2016 flagship, better camera than the S6. However the "coating brouhaha" and the modular iteration gimmick it tried to pioneer hasn't really improve the company's bottom line. The battery life of the G5 is also suspect. At 2800mAh powering a QHD screen and SD 820 processor is a mismatch in my own view. At least the industry standard for most flagship is 3000mAh.
While it has expandable memory and 4GB RAM like you'd want, read more reviews on G5 performance before you jump ship. For me, stay off Galaxy S6.

On a personal note, I've ordered for a Oneplus 3 as it meets my requirement and I don't have to really break the bank to use a 2016 flagship. For $399 and you a 5.5" Super Amoled screen, 64GB Space, 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 and 3000mAh.
My gripes are the lack of expandable memory and a few other quirks.
Thanks man. My challenge with the oneplus 3 is the size. I am even trying to manage the G5. If oneplus had a smaller version, with its 6gb RAM it would have been a straight up choice. Thanks for your point of view, it's highly appreciated.
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by rapcy(m): 10:06am On Jul 21, 2016
Personally I would tell you to go for s7 but it's obviously obvious (if dat kind english dey exist) that you love s6, which is a good choice. I love both phones. Considering what you want in the phone, I believe s6 will be better for you. I think the G5 might get damaged because of the external accessory stuff. Go for s6 get a good rubber pouch and glass screen protector atleast it will help.

1 Like

Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Jeffy1206(m): 11:24am On Jul 21, 2016
Mcdondayan:

Thanks man. My challenge with the oneplus 3 is the size. I am even trying to manage the G5. If oneplus had a smaller version, with its 6gb RAM it would have been a straight up choice. Thanks for your point of view, it's highly appreciated.
why worry about storage when it support otg function to handle your larger files by connecting your externals.... You can check Xiaomi mi5 as on the same level with Samsung too...

1 Like

Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Jeffy1206(m): 11:30am On Jul 21, 2016
[quote author=Jeffy1206 post=47750096] why worry about storage when it support otg function to handle your larger files by connecting your externals.... You can check Xiaomi mi5 as on the same level with Samsung too...[/quote

Network
Technology
GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
Launch
Announced 2016, February
Status Available. Released 2016, April
Body
Dimensions 144.6 x 69.2 x 7.3 mm (5.69 x 2.72 x 0.29 in)
Weight 129 g / 139 g (4.90 oz)
Build Corning Gorilla Glass 4 back panel
SIM Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
Display
Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.15 inches (~73.1% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels (~428 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- MIUI 7.0
Platform
OS Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
CPU Dual-core 1.8 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.36 GHz Kryo - Standard edition
Dual-core 2.15 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo - other editions
GPU Adreno 530
Memory
Card slot No
Internal 128 GB, 4 GB RAM - Pro edition
32/64 GB, 3 GB RAM - other editions
Camera
Primary 16 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, OIS (4-axis), dual-LED (dual tone) flash, check quality
Features 1/2.8" sensor size, 1.12 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
Video 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps, check quality
Secondary 4 MP, f/2.0, 1/3" sensor size, 2µm pixel size, 1080p@30fps
Sound
Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Comms
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
Bluetooth v4.2, A2DP, LE
GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
NFC Yes
Infrared port Yes
Radio No
USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
Features
Sensors Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
Browser HTML5
Java No
- Fast battery charging: 83% in 30 min (Quick Charge 3.0)
- MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.265 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer.
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Mcdondayan: 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
Jeffy1206:
why worry about storage when it support otg function to handle your larger files by connecting your externals.... You can check Xiaomi mi5 as on the same level with Samsung too...
LOL. I am not worried about storage, I am worried about the size.
Re: LG G5 Or Galaxy S6 64gb by Jeffy1206(m): 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
Mcdondayan:

LOL. I am not worried about storage, I am worried about the size.
then consider the Xiaomi mi5 pro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S4 For Sale At Give Away Price / Please, Recommend A Phone That Has Fast Charge And High Battery Capacity / How Can I Stop Glo Airtime Deduction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.