Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,472 members, 7,840,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Infringement Of My Right By Samsung - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Infringement Of My Right By Samsung (409 Views)

Exclusive: N112.5b Copyright Infringement Suit Threatens Mtn’s $500m IPO / Blackberry Sues Facebook For Patent Infringement. / SUCCESS Is My Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Infringement Of My Right By Samsung by Mojir(f): 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
I am sorry moderators if I this post does not really belong here as I am confused as to where it actually belongs. Please wipe my tears by actually pushing to front page.

This is a cry for help as a Nigerian Consumer, whose rights are being infringed upon by SAMSUNG Nig. I am appealing to whoso ever can be of assistance to lend me a hand in fighting for my right in getting a replacement (as any refund at this point in time will not be able to cover the purchase of a new one bearing in mind the prevailing current economic situation) to a SAMSUNG SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER (AC) (MODEL: AR 12FCFSBWK) purchased from one of SAMSUNG’s dealers in Osogbo on 5th June, 2015. The receipt of purchase is as attached.

Though, I never did the installation (due to my busy schedules) until after about two months after purchase. After installation, the unit was not cooling the way a new AC should. Several reports and calls were made to the dealer, who promised to send down a technician to unravel what the problem could be. The technician came several weeks after and after so many testing and troubleshooting confirmed the compressor to be defective.

The dealer promised getting in touch with SAMSUNG service center in Ibadan to look into the issue. It took again several weeks before a staff from the service center eventually turned up on 19th May 2016 apologizing for the inconvenience and made away with the outdoor unit. They deliberately held on to this unit for over two months (till after expiration of warranty) and returned it precisely on 21st July, 2016. Unfortunately when it was returned, there was no power source to test whether the defect had been rectified or not but the technician assured and ask I give him a call as per its performance as soon as power is restored. Eventually, when power was restored and the AC tested, it was discovered that the unit was still not cooling. Since then I have been making several calls to the SAMSUNG service centre. Initially, they promised looking into it but for some weeks now they have not been picking any of my calls put cross to them.

The truth is how long do I keep going round in circle on this issue? The most annoying thing is that as I step out every day, it is a very painful sight, seeing what I spent my hard earned money on just lying fallow without servicing the purpose for which it was originally purchased. Of what use is it?

I shall be willing to send down other proofs (recorded phone calls etc) as may be required for further investigation.

Please bail me out SAMSUNG, and don’t let me regret ever purchasing this product that was marketed to an association in which I belong.

(1) (Reply)

Mr Ademola House Electrical Engineer / Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard. To Sack Many Workers / Aliko Dangote Set To Renew Bid For Arsenal FC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.