Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,428 members, 7,853,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:28 AM

Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals (1172 Views)

Imo's 27 General Hospitals Will Redefine Healthcare In Nigeria. / Okorocha & Health Minister Commission Imo 1st 24hrs Emergency Response Centre(pi / Crowd Gathers For Fayose's Rice And N200 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals by Jimiyke(m): 7:42am On Sep 20, 2016
OKOROCHA'S 'HEALTH @ YOUR DOOR STEP' GATHERS MOMENTUM AS THE 27 GENERAL HOSPITALS COME ALIVE

When I read that, former Governor Ikedi Ohakim wrote to Owelle Rochas Okorocha in ridicule of the ongoing General Hospitals,suggesting that,they should be turned into factories & industries, I was eager to visit the hospitals upon resumption of duty as Principal Officer on Electronic Media to the Governor,atleast to arm myself with facts & figures.

Remarkably in 2011,when Governor Rochas Okorocha declared "HEALTH AT YOUR DOOR STEP" program with the initial phase of attending to patients & the aged at their homes and villages, many had expected he would continue the freebies unhindered.

Nevertheless, that was not to be,not because the Governor wished to discontinue, as many of the opposition writers had alleged,but because he had a more robust,dynamic and futuristic plan for the next generations of Imo state.
So,it wasn't long,precisely in 2012,he started the construction of twenty seven General Hospitals at the respective LGAs,and within one year they were ready.

Unarguably,there could be no better way of bring "Health to the door Step" than positioning each general hospital in these areas,that way,you do not have to come from Okigwe to have surgery in Owerri,in other words,rural-urban drift will be reduced.

Now that the hospitals are ready, it would be a disservice to imagine that, the same lack lustre people who go to work,when they like, will be employed to run it down.Nop!

So,what the Governor did was to set-up a concessioning committee led by Dr.Edward Ihejirika,SA Health.The committee had,among other responsibilities,to outsource concessionaires who will take over the management in a counterparts arrangements with Government. Isn't that visionary?

Upon my official resumption of work today,I decided to visit one the hospitals at Ikeduru LGA.No doubts, there are certain internal priorities yet to be completed, but suffice it to say that,about 90% of the facilities have been completed.These facilities are to be replicated in all the 27 General Hospitals.

How better could "HEALTH AT YOUR DOOR STEP" be,other than these General hospitals in the 27LGAs where the people have unrestricted access to personalised health facilities in their "backyard".

One had wondered,why would former Governor Ohakim be so heartless by making the earlier statement ,does he wish ordinary people in our communities should die because they do not have funds to travel abroad like he does,to receive medical care??

See below photo story of my visit to Ikeduru General Hospital

#RochasIsAGenius
#RochasIsWorking

Anayochukwu Abasiodu Idiong
Principal Officer on Electronic Media
to Governor of Imo State.

Re: Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals by Flexherbal(m): 7:48am On Sep 20, 2016
He has done well on this one!
Re: Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals by speedyconnect3: 7:52am On Sep 20, 2016
let it be affordable pls
Re: Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals by cjrane: 11:28am On Sep 20, 2016
Rochas, well done o!

Please plant enough flowers and trees to make the environment truly conducive. Also try and complete the other hospitals that are really at early stages of construction so that no LGA is left behind.
Re: Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals by sonofluc1fer: 11:32am On Sep 20, 2016
Why are you showing us computer servers in a hospital?

Abi na computer virus una dey treat?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals by Jimiyke(m): 1:05pm On Sep 20, 2016
more

Re: Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals by Jimiyke(m): 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2016
Well equipped pharmacy at the hospitals

Re: Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals by Jimiyke(m): 1:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
Automatic Beds,Doctors and Nurses on duty

Re: Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals by jonyima: 2:09pm On Sep 20, 2016
I am from Imo state. This story is not true. I dont know why people like deceit.
Re: Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals by weyabcom: 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2016
Fake pple fake gov fake hospital
Re: Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals by Jimiyke(m): 3:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
jonyima:
I am from Imo state. This story is not true. I dont know why people like deceit.

Go to Ikeduru General Hospital and see things by urself and stop fooling urself.... you are from Imo state and so what?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals by AKswift: 5:19pm On Sep 20, 2016
This Hospital is along Owerri-Okigwe Rd. I hope the facilities stay for long and to the benefit of the people.

I would advise the State Govenrment to partner with private hands to operate this hospital; this would help sustain its vaibility.

Whether this (hospital) is replicated in all LGAs, Imolities have that to answer.
Re: Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals by macolino(m): 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2016
At op.Aso baba I hail oo,But you mentioned 27 LGA's.When will he build in Ohaji/Egbema?
Re: Okorocha's 'health @your Door Step' Gathers Momentum At The 27 General Hospitals by Abagworo(m): 7:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
AKswift:
This Hospital is along Owerri-Okigwe Rd. I hope the facilities stay for long and to the benefit of the people.

I would advise the State Govenrment to partner with private hands to operate this hospital; this would help sustain its vaibility.

Whether this (hospital) is replicated in all LGAs, Imolities have that to answer.

I hope more people reason like you. I won't be surprised if some unwise people protest against their being concessioned.

(1) (Reply)

Ladyshop Nig / ‘Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Incomplete Until Jonathan Is Arrested’ / Man Arrested For Killing Stepdaughter For Rituals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.