Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,041 members, 7,821,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Untold Facts: How To Be Comfortable In Your Skin When Coming Out Of The Closet - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Untold Facts: How To Be Comfortable In Your Skin When Coming Out Of The Closet (780 Views)

Timaya Shows Off His Walk-In Closet In New Photos / "Yes I Am Gay, I Will Go To Hellfire" - Bobrisky Comes Out Of The Closet / Temi Otedola Flaunts Her Walk In Closet (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Untold Facts: How To Be Comfortable In Your Skin When Coming Out Of The Closet by emeka94(m): 2:10pm On Oct 06, 2016
On the latest episode of Untold Facts which will air today, 29 September, host, Moses Omoghena, discussed with guests on the process and experience of young people in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community coming out of the ‘closets.’

Omoghena points out that there are two types of closets for LGBT men and women: “the first closet is where he stays for fear of stigmatization, discrimination and even violence, where he tries to discover himself and find himself and also discover that he wasn’t a freak of nature after all. The second closet is where he finally gets to associate with like-minds, where he gets the opportunity to bind together with his friends and those who share a common sexual orientation.”

Guests on this episode are Olumide Makanjuola, a sexual health and rights promoter, and Pamela Adie, business strategy consultant, communication expert, social media strategist, feminist and human rights defender.

Speaking on how a young person from the LGBT community can navigate through the waters of coming out of the closet in a society like ours, Olumide stated that “From my past experience working with people in this community and with the job I do, people have to first of all be comfortable in their own skin and they should realize that they're okay, they are not sick, they're not crazy.”

Olumide, who has worked and engaged policy makers at different levels of government and at the international level, also said that these persons also get to find out for themselves that “nothing is wrong with them."

Making her contribution, Adie said, "People have to work their journey, I worked mine, it took me a while but I eventually got to where I am now."

Adie hammered on the importance of gay men and women coming out to themselves and also accepting themselves as the first step towards happiness and comfort in one’s skin.

Watch full show here: [url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSnSMJctH9I [/url][b][/b]

Re: Untold Facts: How To Be Comfortable In Your Skin When Coming Out Of The Closet by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
Interesting.

(1) (Reply)

Musician Sets Up Weed Farm In Prison / #ipittychidimma / Teknoo Reacts To Headies Award Nomination!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.