Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,499 members, 7,823,166 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? (21201 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Wears Jersey Featuring All The Clubs He Played For / Jefferson Louis, The Only Footballer Who Has Played For 36 Clubs In His Career / Gernot Rohr Reveals One Key Reason Why Mikel Will Leave Chelsea By January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by kecee99(m): 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2016
Useless thread.
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by JoNach: 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2016
The new coach (conte) adviced him not to go for the Olympics because he was to build his squad early through the pre season training programs. Mikel did not yield to his bosses advice's because he was desperate for an Olympic Gold medal that will make him to have achieved all in both club and national in football and surpass KANU , because KANU hasn't won the nations cup before.but has won the Olympics which Mikel hasn't . They have both won UCL,EPL, FA cup, league cup.
I understand mikels ambitions for going to the Olympic , both he will never have a starting shirt under conte or even on the bench not because of disobeying conte, but Mikel slow style of play doesn't fit into the 3-4-3 Chelsea is playing now, it requires high intensity with pace in the midfield to shield the back three and supply the front three which Kante and Magic is doing perfectly.

We hope to see him in the FA cup and league cup before he leaves at the end of the season
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by saintkel(m): 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
Nma27:
Chelsea didn't bother to renew his contract
Where in abuja r u?
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by Princeofficial(m): 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
cryI really know too
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by oluwafreshkid(m): 2:02pm On Oct 26, 2016
bidexmedia:
Please, for radio advert in Lagos, Ibadan and Uyo, call - 0806-907-3333.

Email - adekitanabidemi@ifm923.com

Abidemi Adekitan

Inspiration 92.3 FM, Lagos

Very good... I have sent you mails repeatedly to exclude me from your mailing list. Please do so. I don't want to receive your ad mails no more!
Thanks
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by Roman83: 2:05pm On Oct 26, 2016
Mikel is not playing for chelsea cos he disobeyed d club by playing for nigeria at the Olympic....

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by OkoYibo: 2:06pm On Oct 26, 2016
osonsjay:

fecking thanks cool

You're fecking welcome.

Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by bigtt76(f): 2:08pm On Oct 26, 2016
The coach mandated him to bring back the Olympic Soccer Gold and he came back with bronze naa grin Mikel is now the players' spokesman tongue

winetapper:
The English Premier League has Started and Chelsea football club has played quite some matches , but no mikel yet not even in Bench or start up line.

I was thinking it's cos of Olympics but his teammates mates are back to their respective clubs..

Abi na only him waka go

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by DoctorAbu(m): 2:08pm On Oct 26, 2016
He's still at the Olympics
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
saintkel:
Where in abuja r u?
If you ask me na who I go ask
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by onac16: 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
the same reason Bastian and yaya has not been playing for man u and man city respectively
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by Abeyjide: 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2016
GOLDPRINCE98:
Shuu!! Make I call Conte coz I Kante explain!!!
you really got the reason right.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by francisbiz: 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
kingPhidel:

I wonder ooo!
The reasons are because he was contested for by Man.U and Chelsea for a year, has won FIFA un20 silver, 2 EPL, 2 League cup, 4 FA cup, UCL, UEL, CAF ANC. Russian BM + Twins, £90K a wk.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by monfilsdavies(m): 2:33pm On Oct 26, 2016
saintkel:
Where in abuja r u?
That's how some guys keep disgracing us.. Thirsty bitch. We talking bout football, u couldn't contribute a thing just to jump to asking a girl where she stays. Dunno why but I believe ur type re the reason some girls feel elated all the time.

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by gentleagu(m): 2:33pm On Oct 26, 2016
winetapper:
The English Premier League has Started and Chelsea football club has played quite some matches , but no mikel yet not even in Bench or start up line.

I was thinking it's cos of Olympics but his teammates mates are back to their respective clubs..

Abi na only him waka go

They are resting him for World Cup qualifiers.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by africanusvu(m): 2:34pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hw many matches did he play b4 olympics.was he d only one dat went 4 olympics.he had probs wit mourinho.nw wit conte.oga na wao
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by SkinnyDude(m): 2:35pm On Oct 26, 2016
otijah:
This question is so useless that a blind man can see that there is no room for Mikel in Chelsea again.
Mike is not better than Matic, Kante and fabregas. His style of play doesn't suit conte. And we are not complaining.
Let's I forget am not hating just the truth though.
bro mikel is far better than matic.. I'm even better than him.. he's just tall for nothing..
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by egokudiowomoney: 2:45pm On Oct 26, 2016
but what about his weekly wages?if alert still dey enter forget the rest jor!
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by onyetunge: 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
K
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by abbey621(m): 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2016
Mikel does not deserve to even be on the bench. In his current form, he is not better than Matic, definitely not better than Kante. It has nothing to do with Olympics, it's a matter of coaching preference.
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by saintkel(m): 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2016
monfilsdavies:

That's how some guys keep disgracing us.. Thirsty bitch. We talking bout football, u couldn't contribute a thing just to jump to asking a girl where she stays. Dunno why but I believe ur type re the reason some girls feel elated all the time.
ok bro,no vex, I won't dare do such man
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by abbey621(m): 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2016
JoNach:
The new coach (conte) adviced him not to go for the Olympics because he was to build his squad early through the pre season training programs. Mikel did not yield to his bosses advice's because he was desperate for an Olympic Gold medal that will make him to have achieved all in both club and national in football and surpass KANU , because KANU hasn't won the nations cup before.but has won the Olympics which Mikel hasn't . They have both won UCL,EPL, FA cup, league cup.
I understand mikels ambitions for going to the Olympic , both he will never have a starting shirt under conte or even on the bench not because of disobeying conte, but Mikel slow style of play doesn't fit into the 3-4-3 Chelsea is playing now, it requires high intensity with pace in the midfield to shield the back three and supply the front three which Kante and Magic is doing perfectly.

We hope to see him in the FA cup and league cup before he leaves at the end of the season

Perfectly said, people think all coaches are the same. Each coach has his own playing style and unfortunately Mikel does not fit in with Conte's plan.
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by saintkel(m): 3:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
Nma27:
If you ask me na who I go ask
not fair though
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by Walelavender(m): 3:23pm On Oct 26, 2016
Obviously he is no longer needed. This guy should move to money spinning leagues....China and USA will be his best bet. His form will continue to depreciate.
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by Harunakoney(m): 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2016
Sincerely speaking, there is no chance for him at Chelsea again. He is not a conte_like kind of player
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by keandre: 3:41pm On Oct 26, 2016
alexistaiwo:
Mike isn't playing because you can't have an Ak- 47 M134 Minigun (kante) and kalashikov (matic) and choose to go to war with a hunting knife (Mikel).
It is impossicant.
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
[quote author=keandre post=50527838][/quote] ??!! ??!! ??!!
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
Mikel is good enough to be in Chelsea's first eleven. He is unjustly punished by the club by not heeding to his employers advice.
Conte 3-4-3 formation can suit a defensive midfielder like Mikel. When Conte took over the reins at Chelsea, Fabregas and Matic where the players who were not sure at their place at the club and were eager to leave. Events turned around as Mikel told his employers that he wanted to feature at the Olympics.
How can we easily forget that Mikel played 3 pre - season games under Conte. Conte applauded Mikel stellar performance by heaping Praises on him. Mikel even scored in one of the games.
Mikel sacrificed his place at Chelsea when he opted to play for Nigeria in the Olympics. And now, it's his country men who think Mikel is not even good enough to get a starting berth.
If Conte was been fair to Mikel, why does he claim that he is nursing an injury which we all know is not true. He should come out plainly and say Mikel is not in his plan.

Football legends usually place Claude Makelele and Mikel side by side when talking about best DMF who have worn the blue jersey.

Mikel has proven himself against great teams like Barcelona, Bayern Munich.

We all saw how Arsenal made a mincemeat of Chelsea midfielders in their derby. Chelsea will leek goals against team who pass and play with fluidity.

If world class coaches like guus hinddick , Carlos Ancelloti, Di Matteo etc consider Mikel as one of the best DMF in the world, Conte's disdain of Mikel doesn't change the fact that he is a legend at what he does.

If Mikel quit International football now, the Chances of Nigerias qualification to the world Cup reduces by 50%.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by Donkaz(m): 5:05pm On Oct 26, 2016
otijah:
He is too slow for my liking #conte.
Even in Carling cup, there are guys who are willing to play with pace and speed

Yes...

Conte's team favours aggressive players and not laid back players like Mikel.
That's part of the reason even fabregas is finding it difficult to make the team.
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by SeunWedsLinda(m): 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
davibid:
Conte doesn't like sluggish player

No sentiments

Consider all the players in his position from Kante to the others, you'll notice they are always dynamic on the pitch

#MyOpinionThough
matic is sluggish. Mikel is more mobile than him. Matic's cutting edge is his attacking instincts and those defence splitting passes.
Re: Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ??? by pfesw(m): 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2016
I wish if president Buhari can apoint me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) / Video Of Asisat Oshoala's 2 Goals For Barcelona Yesterday. / Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.