Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,175 members, 7,839,004 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! (70250 Views)

Ifayemi Elebuibon Hosts Witches And Wizards In Osun / "Witches & Wizards In Nigeria, Leave Me Alone": Lady Living In USA Publicly Begs / Re:Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So - Good Muyis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2016
puresaint12:
Bro you amuse me, a lot. So whatever scientists say is Truth, you take them all in,hook, line & sinker? Scientists are human like you, they have erred so many times,google is your friend.don't let them define your world, there are million things yet to be discovered.Discover your world, start from around you.
Piss of mate. Scientists offer facts that anyone can verify, so if they support the supernatural they will offer evidence for it. And since they haven't it means there Is no evidence for it. Evidence is what is needed for my belief.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by puresaint12(m): 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

Piss of mate. Scientists offer facts that anyone can verify, so if they support the supernatural they will offer evidence for it. And since they haven't it means there Is no evidence for it. Evidence is what is needed for my belief.
This is a very lazy shrewd mentality, you have the opportunity to discover the evidence yourself, but don't want to! Because scientists have not? Baffling! Very intelligent

6 Likes

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by promise10: 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2016
Seun:

Only the ones who perform dramatic 'miracles' regularly. An average pastor could be honest but wrong, just like the average religious person.

Why? Because it's not convincing?
Because, having such personal experience will do that best!

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 07, 2016
Witchcraft is big business here. We use it to catch our thieves cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVuw_D75hw4

As for whether there are people practicing the "art"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j1vYhS9zNA

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by DeSepiero(m): 12:20pm On Nov 07, 2016
puresaint12:
lol, that's your own definition of an Inquisitive mind,And I'l say that fellow must be an Intellectually Lazy fellow, In science,Experience is the best teacher,from Experiments,Laws are deduced, not from Seeking opinions! Or do you think otherwise? And I use 'scientist' here because you people use them as yardsticks to 'being' knowledgeable and Inquisitive.

You sound naive. In scientific research, existing knowledge serve as start point for new knowledge. In social science, research concerning people's beliefs require their opinions.
Do you grab?
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by promise10: 12:20pm On Nov 07, 2016
puresaint12:
This is a very lazy shrewd mentality, you have the opportunity to discover the evidence yourself, but don't want to! Because scientists have not? Baffling! Very intelligent
please get used to him!

He often follow scientists as if they are bishops!

Have you seen his thread, where he said that "snowflakes are CODES". DAMN!

3 Likes

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by UyiIredi(m): 12:25pm On Nov 07, 2016
jonbellion:
thank you it's mostly anecdotes told from someone else's anecdotes

Anecdotal evidence is widely used in law, science and daily living. tongue
jonbellion:
thank you it's mostly anecdotes told from someone else's anecdotes

Anecdotal evidence is widely used in law, science and daily living.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2016
puresaint12:
Like I said before piss of mate. If the supernatural exist it would have been discovered by now. Instead of remaining in the shadows.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
UyiIredi:

Anecdotal evidence is widely used in law, science and daily living. tongue

Anecdotal evidence is widely used in law, science and daily living.
Outright lie.
The dictionary defines anecdotes as
An account which supports an argument, but which is not supported by scientific or statistical analysis.

How can this be used in science. And even in law it isn't much regarded except supported by more evidence.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by UyiIredi(m): 12:52pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

Outright lie.
The dictionary defines anecdotes as
An account which supports an argument, but which is not supported by scientific or statistical analysis.

How can this be used in science. And even in law it isn't much regarded except supported by more evidence.

Scientists speculate without any evidence or statistical analysis backing such speculations. This is why I say anecdotes are used in science.

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by zyzxx(m): 12:54pm On Nov 07, 2016
Seun:

Substitute the blade for something chewable using sleight of hand? Hide the blade carefully in your cheek and pretend that you're chewing it?
pls try this and upload the video

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by UyiIredi(m): 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

Like I said before piss of mate. If the supernatural exist it would have been discovered by now. Instead of remaining in the shadows.

How can you discover something that lies outside our plane of existence ? Besides even if it hasn't discovered this doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by UyiIredi(m): 12:57pm On Nov 07, 2016
promise10:

please get used to him!

He often follow scientists as if they are bishops!

Have you seen his thread, where he said that "snowflakes are CODES". DAMN!

As in grin And he's not the only one that has said it actually. I've seen atheists spout such nonsense to bamboozle themsleves into believing that the genetic code's origins is amenable to purely naturalistic explanations.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2016
Seun:
What makes you believe that their activities are real?

Picture this, my friend rented a house. The landlord had previously told her some inconsistent stories but since she had already paid she felt maybe if she invited someone to share the place with her she would feel better about the place, so she invited me and I accepted.

Soon we began to notice weird things like, at night something kept hitting our roof. It sounded like stones, several stones hitting the roof. Then we would hear all types of weird animal noises, right in front of our house. And as soon as he knew I was not a temporary visitor, he began to attack me physically. Due to these things, especially the noises of stones being thrown at our roof at night we became uneasy.

To cut the long story short, my friend was pressed one afternoon while she slept(after that day, she temporarily deserted the house). This guy lived alone (he had a black cat of course and it cried all night long cheesy) no wife, no kids, no friends, no visitors all year long(except for his gardener who called him MASTER) . He never left his house apart from when he had to go to market to get thngs. He was filled with hatred and looked scary.

FF, after so many weird things someone advised us to pour something around the house, she said if he was really a wizard then he will ask us to move that same day, well after everything we finally moved out by force that night because he threatened to spill blood cheesy We got some military guys to help get our rent back and he paid swiftly.

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by HardMirror(m): 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
Pidgin2:

Picture this, my friend rented a house. The landlord had previously told her some inconsistent stories but since she had already paid she felt maybe if she invited someone to share the place with her she would feel better about the place, so she invited me and I accepted.

Soon we began to notice weird things like, at night something kept hitting our roof. It sounded like stones, several stones hitting the roof. Then we would hear all types of weird animal noises, right in front of our house. And as soon as he knew I was not a temporary visitor, he began to attack me physically. Due to these things, especially the noises of stones being thrown at our roof at night we became uneasy.

To cut the long story short, my friend was pressed one afternoon while she slept(after that day, she temporarily deserted the house). This guy lived alone (he had a black cat of course and it cried all night long cheesy) no wife, no kids, no friends, no visitors all year long(except for his gardener who called him MASTER) . He never left his house apart from when he had to go to market to get thngs. He was filled with hatred and looked scary.

FF, after so many weird things someone advised us to pour something around the house, she said if he was really a wizard then he will ask us to move that same day, well after everything we finally moved out by force that night because he threatened to spill blood cheesy We got some military guys to help get our rent back and he paid swiftly.
Interesting, so you used military guys to get your rent back from him and he is a wizard. Since when did military become more effective in handling wizards than the holy ghost fire u people shout every time

6 Likes

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 07, 2016
HardMirror:

Interesting, so you used military guys to get your rent back from him and he is a wizard. Since when did military become more effective in handling wizards than the holy ghost fire u people shout every time

Hahaha, I wasn't a strong Christian then maybe he would have sent us packing long before then if I was one cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 07, 2016
UyiIredi:

How can you discover something that lies outside our plane of existence ? Besides even if it hasn't discovered this doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Outside our plane of existence?
Then how does it have powers to affect things in our plain of existence.
If it's outside it should have no influence and if its inside we would have discovered it.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2016
Pidgin2:

So the guy is now supernatural on the basis if this anecdote?
Sounds and weird animal noises. undecided
I tire sef

2 Likes

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by UyiIredi(m): 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

Outside our plane of existence?
Then how does it have powers to affect things in our plain of existence.
If it's outside it should have no influence and if its inside we would have discovered it.

It doesn't have to be in our plane of existence to have effect. Key words 'action from a distance'.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2016
UyiIredi:

Scientists speculate without any evidence or statistical analysis backing such speculations. This is why I say anecdotes are used in science.
Another outstanding lie
grin grin ;DD
Science is not science without evidence.
But please if you know of any case where scientists accept something without any evidence whatsoever state it or shut the hell up.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

So the guy is now supernatural on the basis if this anecdote?
Sounds and weird animal noises. undecided
I tire sef

If you like tire, dem go soon show you, continue grin

We wey dey experienced dey tell you yet you still dey doubting. Just continue denying it.

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by HardMirror(m): 1:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
Pidgin2:

Hahaha, I wasn't a strong Christian then maybe he would have sent us packing long before then if I was one cheesy
There are many psychiatric disorders that can make people act strange. I think we mistake this for witchcraft that is why most times it's old people that are labeled as witches/wizards because they are more susceptible to this disorders.

There is nothing witchy about your experience above to me.

6 Likes

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2016
Pidgin2:

We wey dey experienced dey tell you yet you still dey doubting. Just continue denying it.
I will suspend belief till evidence is provided.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by HardMirror(m): 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2016
Pidgin2:

So god did not create nocturnal animals? Or what are u implying? Are black cats not natural god's creation anymore? What is special or supernatural about stones being thrown on your roof? Sleep paralysis can happen to anyone you chose to blame your landlord for it doe not make him connected to it.

2 Likes

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2016
HardMirror:

There are many psychiatric disorders that can make people act strange. I think we mistake this for witchcraft that is why most times it's old people that are labeled as witches/wizards because they are more susceptible to this disorders.

There is nothing witchy about your experience above to me.

He was middle-aged, not old. While they were judging the case we kept asking him, what was hitting the roof(where did the stones come from?), only hitting our roof and never his. This happened only when he knew we were home, when I pretended, I wasn't home it never happened cheesy He just kept quiet

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by UyiIredi(m): 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

Another outstanding lie
grin grin ;DD
Science is not science without evidence.
But please if you know of any case where scientists accept something without any evidence whatsoever state it or shut the hell up.

Just Google evolution and pnas and see lots of papers on evolution containing speculations. Origin of life s another aspect of science that involves speculations. String theory in physics has no evidence whatsoever except for its mathematical consistency.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2016
UyiIredi:

It doesn't have to be in our plane of existence to have effect. Key words 'action from a distance'.
Its not in our plane of existence but people are turning to animals and turning other people to rocks, they are cursing some peoples generations and inflicting wickedness on the land. Yet they are outside our existence.
There is no way a witch exist and has not been brought to light with evidence since the dawn of man. If they were real they wouldn't need to even hide with all the magic they could do. They would be as popular and rich as rock stars.
Their magic would have been taught in schools just like in Harry Potter.
But it is all in the mind. It is not real.

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2016
HardMirror:

So god did not create nocturnal animals? Or what are u implying? Are black cats not natural god's creation anymore? What is special or supernatural about stones being thrown on your roof? Sleep paralysis can happen to anyone you chose to blame your landlord for it doe not make him connected to it.

Lol she said she saw his shadow and she moved out the house for a while afterwards. You guys just like doubting right? Enjoy. It's a free world, you can keep acting like they don't exist, it's your call.

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
UyiIredi:

Just Google evolution and pnas and see lots of papers on evolution containing speculations. Origin of life s another aspect of science that involves speculations. String theory in physics has no evidence whatsoever except for its mathematical consistency.
And I was starting to think you had something better. Evolution is supported with evidence by every branch of science.
Not only fossils.
Don't quote me again I don't want to argue. You can believe what you want.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by UyiIredi(m): 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

Its not in our plane of existence but people are turning to animals and turning other people to rocks, they are cursing some peoples generations and inflicting wickedness on the land. Yet they are outside our existence.
There is no way a witch exist and has not been brought to light with evidence since the dawn of man. If they were real they wouldn't need to even hide with all the magic they could do. They would be as popular and rich as rock stars.
Their magic would have been taught in schools just like in Harry Potter.
But it is all in the mind. It is not real.

That's miracles in the natural world not a supernatural plane of existence. I think you should have said miracles.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by promise10: 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hawlahscho:

I never said it is witchcraft or not.

Very common you said? But you still cannot explain or do it , are you truly a scientist
HOW DARE YOU?!

By ask that dull dude if he is a scientist, let alone being a true one, you committed the greatest crime against science!!

This guy said that "snowflakes are CODES"! And you see such person as a scientist?

come on bro, don't just disappoint me please.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by HardMirror(m): 1:58pm On Nov 07, 2016
Pidgin2:

Lol she said she saw his shadow and she moved out the house for a while afterwards. You guys just like doubting right? Enjoy. It's a free world, you can keep acting like they don't exist, it's your call.
No no no, don't get it wrong. I don't like doubting, I love being sure, many "facts" out there are nothing but fabrications aimed to deceive or conceived out of ignorance or paranoia.
So pls don't get offended or feel I aim to discredit you.
So back to the issue. She saw his shadow where? Let's put the whole thing together and arrive at a conclusion. If we go about believing everything wld that make sense to you? So one step at a time pls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply)

Pastor Enters Into Church On A Hoverboard (Photos) / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / Olumba Olumba Obu Hands Over To Son, To Be Coronated As ‘King Of Kings‘

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.