Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Job Offer For Me From A Scammer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Offer For Me From A Scammer (1118 Views)

Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? / When Did You Get A Job Offer After An Interview? / Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Offer For Me From A Scammer by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 10, 2016
Good day Nairalanders,

I have to post this on Nairaland because I know this can help someone out there about to fall victim and also to get you updated about my adventure with a scammer.

It is said that when children are cutting tree in the forest, its the adult that first know where the tree will fall to (i'm sorry It's a Yoruba proverb that's why the English is yorubalized cheesy

Having grown up in Lagos, Schooled among bad guys and being fed with serious O.T. on scamming and "fourwanynism",, I have that great conviction that is will be difficult for scammers to scam me (Yes, its self-confidence backed up with trust in google, LinkedIn and my -dont read this part- and my guys who were once in the 'system')

I created this thread so as to unveil the recent happenings between me and a scammer. In accordance to the slated aim, I will post the conversation that occured between us via e-mail and will post more if there is more to postn cos the film done dey end............

Now, It started on Monday Night when I checked my e-mail and in the spam folder I saw the "job offer" so I replied....
Note: I know this is scam from the unset so I played along
................................................ ...............
Re: Job Offer For Me From A Scammer by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 10, 2016
SCAMMER ( ymca_research@outlook.com)

Hello Friend, We need Applicants. If you have the interest to work with comfort, under the YMCA. I work with the YMCA project scheme for developing countries of the world. Toronto Global branch,YMCA research consultant in Asia & African Region. Please know more about the YMCA Job Offers. Hope to hear from you soon. Enock Alexis (Consultant) (Mobile: +19374901603)

ME:

Dear YMCA,

I received your mail and having carry out some enquiries about YMCA, I have a strong conviction that working with you is a nice idea as it will help me to contribute my quota to development to society which has always being my dream.

However, I need a detailed process of how I can successfully applied. It's a nice opportunity.

Thank You

Waiting to here from you soon
Note: At this point, I ran through google to learn more about YMCA and their programme and even searched for the scammer's fake name on LinkedIn but you know now his name is not there
Re: Job Offer For Me From A Scammer by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 10, 2016
SCAMMER
Dear Friend,
SCAMMER:

You are welcome in accepting the YMCA job offer in advance. I'll be pleased to inform you, i am from Belize but reside in (Toronto) Canada. I work with the YMCA project scheme for developing countries of the world, Canada global branch. Research consultant in Asia & African Region. The YMCA have no barriers and boundaries. I love making new Friends and Networking. I guess soonest hopefully when we meet. We shall discuss personal issues, Networking, Social works above all your Country face to face. The job offer is available in Greater Toronto YMCA, Five(5) official citizens are needed from your

Country and other nominated countries to be part of the Project. The organization need some external candidate other than Canada in some Countries that will be working with the YMCA team members in Azerbaijan. These workers will be highly paid, are you willing to relocate to join the Greater Toronto YMCA Job offer.

Please do send me the below details of yourself and if you have any four(4) other Applicant's too;
Full name -
Nationality -S
tate/Province -
Present Location/Country of Residence-
Age & Sex-
Marital Status-
Phone/Mobile Number-
Occupation-
Are you wiling to join YMCA job offers- Yes/No
Do you have any idea about a YMCA job offers- Yes/No
Are you a member of any YMCA-
Do you have a Valid Passport/Traveling Document-
Do you have any Criminal record in your Country-
Tell me Briefly about yourself-

Get back to me with the above details. So that a detailed Information/Instructions will be given to you therein and we can start with the process as soon as possible. However, if you're are not interested in the Job offer, we can always be good friend. Hope to hear from you soon. Enock Alexis (Mobile:+19374901603)

ME:
Dear Enock Alexis,

I am pleased to receive a reply from you. I have also read the document attached to your message and I am captivated by the spirit of devotion displayed by George Williams which is the bedrock of the vision of YMCA.

Furthermore, I am pleased to know that you a friendly person and I wish to let you know more about me and my country as you desire.

Therefore, Kindly find below the detailed information required as an indication of my interest to work with YMCA

Full name - Nationality - Nigerian State/Province - Ogun State Present Location/Country of Residence-Nigeria Age & Sex- Male Marital Status- Single Phone/Mobile Number- Occupation-

Are you wiling to join YMCA job offers- Yes Do you have any idea about a YMCA job offers- Yes Are you a member of any YMCA-No Do you have a Valid Passport/Traveling Document- No (but I can get one soon) Do you have any Criminal record in your Country- No Tell me Briefly about yourself-

It is surfice to know that I have works at volunteer in community development programme tailored at improving lives in rural areas.

Once again, I thank you for taking your time to contact me. And concerning the other 4 prospective applicants, I will need to collect their approval and I will let you know about their responses.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

1 Like

Re: Job Offer For Me From A Scammer by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 10, 2016
SCAMMER:

Dear Applicant Compliments I believed you had a wonderful day. Hope you have passion for humanity, love children, caring for the less privilege ones, traveling,

networking, meeting good and responsible people !!! Because that is the core norm and value of YMCA. Having informed you in my previous mail, The YMCA will be undertaking a Project of a Sub headquarters in Azerbaijan, a 2 months Project before moving to Canada.

The project will kick start in Republic of Azerbaijan for Refuges Rehabilitation, who flee from Syria, 5 official citizens are needed from your country and other nominated countries to be part of the Project worth $40 million. The organization need some external candidate other than Canada in some Countries that will be working with the YMCA team members in Republic of Azerbaijan.

These workers will be highly paid. The project has been targeted for $6,000 each for the 5 team members to be paid weekly.

It depends on your working hours including free accommodations in whatever position you might be assigned to, throughout the 18 months project of Nanny/Babysitting, Drivers,Refuges Rehabilitation,Constructing, Recreational,Counseling,Camping Activities,Tutors, etc. You are also lucky that your country is one of those Countries, that volunteers for this project will be taking from. The team will also get the chance to visit Canada headquarters after the project and work with the YMCA Globally Like I told you in my previous mail, I am the YMCA research consultant in Asia & African Region. If you consider being among the Project, you should forward your application and get your YMCA membership card of the Greater Toronto Canada and application form and the organization working permit. You and your group (if any?) will be visiting the organization for your convocation before the commencement of the project in about (2)two months. Scholarships for students will also be given for student willing to further their studies in Canada through the YMCA educational scheme.

I will be working with the Human Resources Consultant, Mr. Martinez Tony whose undertaking YMCA Project in Tacloban Province in the Philippines, For the rehabilitation of Typhoon victims and he will be coordinating your team for visas approval etc as the Human Resources Consultant of YMCA. while you apply for detailed information, i will talk to him. Monitoring the situation on your favor I will be happy to receive you here in Canada. If you should apply for it, let them know that i recommend you for they will not waste time with your Applications. If you consider this great opportunity the YMCA is given Globally, you have to contact / forward your application to;

****************************** *********** Mr. Martinez Tony YMCA Human Resources Consultant Asia & Africa Email: ymcagreatertoronto@clubmember. org Tele/Mobile:Tel: +14402018732, +14402018474

Web: http://gtnymca.weebly.com ****************************** *********** I believe through this Program God willing you might start affecting other life positively.

Surely, no one lives for self alone and whatever we can do today for one another may stand for our glory tomorrow. I will be happy to hear from you. Enock Z. Alexis YMCA Greater Toronto 1200 Yonge St., Unit 310 Toronto, Ontario M4S 2C7 (Mobile:+19374901603)

ME:

Thank you sir, I'm so grateful.. I will contact Mr. Tony and please if I may ask, how did you get my email and also are you connected on LinkedIn so I can connect with you.
Note: At this jucture, I was about to just make him know I caught him but I just played along and contacted "Mr Tony"
Re: Job Offer For Me From A Scammer by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 10, 2016
So Mr. Tony sent me an E-mail

SCAMMER:

Dear (Applicant), Peace and love to you. Please be informed that, The project is not open for every body to Participate. Having been Endorsed by our colleague(Mr. Enock Z. Alexis) regarding your Application. We have decided to give you the offer.We're presently undertaking YMCA Project in Tacloban Province in the Philippines. For the rehabilitation of Typhoon/Less privilege people. I will be coordinating your application/group. Documentation, visa approval etc as the Human Resources Consultant of YMCA. You will have to secure your Membership Application Form and Identification Card. Thus, after the project in Azerbaijan, you will be eligible as a Canadian citizen and live and work with the YMCA with your team. You will also be enlisted into the YMCA Scheme and be working with us globally with a Canadian (Permanent Resident).

I do hope you are aware of the respective requirement. Be informed that they are some hiding charges you will have to pay after submitting your Single or Group Application (Information) for assessment/Processing. The payments directives will be given to you, to that effect therein. When your Data(s) have been assessed. Opening a YMCA membership file to that regards. Application form and induction, cost the sum of 399$ only. If applying as single Applicant each and as a Group Team of five Applicants cost 1000$. The YMCA organization is only responsible for your non Immigrants visa, flight tickets , Accommodation and feeding during the two months training program. Perhaps if you find this programs interesting and willing to participate. Kindly proceed your application(s) Detailed Bio data to us for assessment; ............................................................ ............................................................ ......................................... First Step - Submit In this order.

We'll acknowledge the receipt of your Resume(Cv),Credentials etc, -And also a scanned copy of your Int. passport/Government ID(Bio Metric page) -

And your group of 4 applicants, you will have to do the same too if any. A file shall be opened for you/Group. When we receive and confirm the above information/Document(s) You will then receive YMCA Online Membership Application Form to be filed and signed by yourself. (Including your group of four applicants if any) ............................................................ ............................................................ ................................................. The above details are the procedures to secure your single Membership Application/Group Form and Identification Card. If you are willing to continue with the YMCA Project in Sub headquarters in Azerbaijan. Be reminded, after the project you will be eligible as a Canadian citizen. Live and work with the YMCA as an individual applicant or group. We require you to send the above details for approval. In-order to send your online Forms to you, to start your Application and Documentation Process.

Yours In Service Mr. Martinez Tony YMCA Human Resources Consultant Asia & Africa Tele/Mobile:Tel: +639433218277,+639234616484

ME:

Dear Mr Tony, I acknowledge the receipt of your mail and attachment included. However, I have gone through the file attached and I am willing to proceed. I have gotten other two people to join me.

So how do we proceed

The payment is quite small for the benefit embedded in the programme. So how do we secure the application form and how do we make the payment.
Re: Job Offer For Me From A Scammer by stiles009(m): 11:07am On Dec 10, 2016
scammers everywhere. Op good work, do keep us appraised.
Re: Job Offer For Me From A Scammer by apollo13(m): 11:55am On Dec 10, 2016
I swear the same guy sent my wife a Mail last week and she started jubilating I just shook my head am collected her from her and went through the details, I got the contact and what I did was to first check true caller, lo and behold, the details confirmed a YMCA address, and I googled the details of YMCA contacts in Canada I couldn't find his name there. That was when I concluded he is a scammer. Pls lets expose this evil guy.

(1) (Reply)

Job Info In Abeokuta (ogun State) / Job Vacancy At A Consulting Firm / Kimberly Engineering Is Recruiting Trainee Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.