Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,428 members, 7,839,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) (3370 Views)

Ambode With Lai Mohammed, D'banj At The Flag Off Of One Lagos Fiesta - Photos / President Of World Bank, Jim Yong Kim, Commends D'banj / Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by bufflevy: 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2009
http://www.naijarules.com/vb/all-music/35233-dr-alban-berates-d-banj-danfo-drivers.html

d'banj and dr alban are not age mates, neither are they mates in music .D'banj is local Dr alban is international it is a priviledge for d'banj to even sing with Dr alban.Protocol what the mess is protocol if it was ludacris or lil wayne or any american musician for that matter that is not as big as dr alban (dr alban has sold 16 million albums more than both this artists)will he have told them to follow protocol.The long and short of it is that nigerians we dont appreciate ourselves Dr alban is regarded as a legend in europe.If u fools dont believe me just go to youtube and see the millions of views he has.dr alban collects 80,000 euros per show how much does D'BANJ collect per show 2 million naira.Dr alban has not released an album in almost 7 years yet he has no less than 6 shows a month now you do the math.As an african in europe in the 90s dr alban gave the african man a good image back then when most europeans thought we were savages.So d'banj as usual is just an arrogant fool.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by kokoA(m): 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2009
And this is political
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by deor03(m): 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2009
We need some moderation in the political section.

There so many stray topics nowadays
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by Beaf: 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2009
SEFAGO:

true. Remember its my life?

Precisely. He was a huge success, yet he was based in Sweden!

Here's one of his videos;

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYImEf_-km0&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]

Let's be proud of who we are. If you are in the US or Europe, represent yourself. No fake names or accents, die with your identity.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by transformR: 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2009
Dr Alban should be Nigerias Next presedent  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by SEFAGO(m): 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2009
Infact both him and haddaway are one of the two greatest pioneers of dance music. Dbanj na small boy- he should know his level na. Immediately you leave the shores of africa no one knows dbanj.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by asha80(m): 9:30pm On Nov 17, 2009
SEFAGO:

Infact both him and haddaway are one of the two greatest pioneers of dance music. Dbanj na small boy- he should know his level na. Immediately you leave the shores of africa no one knows dbanj.

Some people go argue with you.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by DisGuy: 9:32pm On Nov 17, 2009
you see Yoruba people don't know their mate, they forget too easily

what did dbanj do again?
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by SEFAGO(m): 9:37pm On Nov 17, 2009
Insert Quote

what did dbanj do again?

Its not about tribe mate, its about being african- dr albans decision to proudly sing in the thick african accent was ballsy- I am sure if you live in europe/america you will understand how difficult it is to use your thick nigeiran accent infront of other people except fellow nigerians. Many atimes, i have seen people with crisp british/american accents who break into thick nigerian ones when they find out i am from nigeria. Usually my response is shocked shocked.

And guess what his music also sold too
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by SEFAGO(m): 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2009
Some people go argue with you.

I meant non-africans outside africa. It would be rare to see some european guy singing "booty call booty call" or "mo gbono fele fele" but I have seen a lot who actually like dr alban, and I have met a shitload who admire Fela kuti too
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by Beaf: 9:41pm On Nov 17, 2009
Dis Guy:

what did dbanj do again?

Maybe you are forgetting Fela. . .

Fela is another one of us that was very true to his identity, but became very well known in the West. In fact it is easy to see that, no fake fool has ever become popular outside our shores.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by asha80(m): 9:43pm On Nov 17, 2009
Beaf:

Maybe you are forgetting Fela. . .

Fela is another one of us that was very true to his identity, but became very well known in the West. In fact it is easy to see that, no fake fool has ever become popular outside our shores.

Naeto C shocked grin
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by DisGuy: 9:44pm On Nov 17, 2009
SEFAGO:

Its not about tribe mate, its about being african- dr albans decision to proudly sing in the thick african accent was ballsy- I am sure if you live in europe/america you will understand how difficult it is to use your thick nigeiran accent infront of other people except fellow nigerians. Many atimes, i have seen people with crisp british/american accents who break into thick nigerian ones when they find out i am from nigeria. Usually my response is  shocked shocked.

And guess what his music also sold too

It's about tribe mate- i made it one like every bloody topic in here!  grin

The arrogant Yoruba boy had the ballz to say he is too busy for a collabo with the legendary Dr Alban!!,
can you imagine Danfo Drivers getting cold feet about a dance/club track??

Nonsense!

it's time we split up once and for all!!
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by donjon: 9:47pm On Nov 17, 2009
Hmmm,.,.,., now i understand
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by Beaf: 9:52pm On Nov 17, 2009
donjon:

Please Explain the involvement of isoko.

Me sef be Isoko.
You want me to use Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo and become the new "tribalist" in town?
Wisdom says, use your own thing when the message is for everybody.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by sjeezy8: 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2009
isoko worri hell is dat?  cool
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by sjeezy8: 9:56pm On Nov 17, 2009
lol
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by donjon: 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2009
@beaf
Okay, nice logic!
I definately agree with you
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by Beaf: 10:01pm On Nov 17, 2009
donjon:

@beaf
Okay, nice logic!
I definately agree with you

Na so for NL.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by bufflevy: 10:35pm On Nov 17, 2009
d'banj and dr alban are not age mates, neither are they mates in music .D'banj is local Dr alban is international it is a priviledge for d'banj to even sing with Dr alban.Protocol what the mess is protocol if it was ludacris or lil wayne or any american musician for that matter that is not as big as dr alban (dr alban has sold 16 million albums more than both this artists)will he have told them to follow protocol.The long and short of it is that nigerians we dont appreciate ourselves Dr alban is regarded as a legend in europe.If u dont believe me just go to youtube and see the millions of views he has.dr alban collects 80,000 euros per show how much does D'BANJ collect per show 2 million naira.Dr alban has not released an album in almost 7 years yet he has no less than 6 shows a month now you do the math.his songs came out 17 years ago yet its my life youtube 8 million views,sing halleluyah 5 millions views,no coke 4 million views.The irony of his all is that d'banj who thinks he is a star now ran away from europe because of inferiority complex he believed he could no break into the music industry so he ran back to nigeria Dr alban unlike most of our naija returnee musicians choose to stay and conquer europe and he did he has a No 1 song in uk what an achievement back in the early nineties when white thought we still lived on trees
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 17, 2009
I don't understand all this bile towards DBanj. What's wrong with Dr Alban talking to his management? This is business and if this is how he conducts his I don't see the problem
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by bufflevy: 10:54pm On Nov 17, 2009
i have to complain what would you say if micheal jackson asked neyo that he wants to a collabo with him and neyo tell micheal to talk to his management wouldnt you consider that an insult for micheal jackson who is a legend.thats the same thing here dr alban is a legend and has giving nigeria a good image abroad.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by texazzpete(m): 11:04pm On Nov 17, 2009
LOL @ dr Alban

What's wrong with speaking to his manager? For what it's worth, let him have HIS manager speak to D'Banj's manager to hammer out an agreement.

What a douchebag to get all hot and bothered over an issue like this. D'Banj was merely being professional.

PS: This really should not be in this section.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 17, 2009
I beg to differ, you are comparing apples and oranges. Neyo & Micheal are both international stars even though Micheal is the greater of the two, they are on the same turf.
DBanj is a naija based act, Dr Alban's turf is Europe. Does Dr Alban's success in europe automatically translate into him being referred to as a legend or vice versa for DBanj?
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by SEFAGO(m): 11:08pm On Nov 17, 2009
^ goodpoint, very few people in nigeria actually listen to dr alban now, unlike dbanj. Even dr alban asking to do a collabo with dbanj tells you that no condition is permanent. I dont know what caused the trouble sha and i am not going to comment.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by naijatoday: 11:17pm On Nov 17, 2009
bufflevy:

http://www.naijarules.com/vb/all-music/35233-dr-alban-berates-d-banj-danfo-drivers.html

d'banj and dr alban are not age mates, neither are they mates in music .D'banj is local Dr alban is international it is a priviledge for d'banj to even sing with Dr alban.Protocol what the mess is protocol if it was ludacris or lil wayne or any american musician for that matter that is not as big as dr alban (dr alban has sold 16 million albums more than both this artists)will he have told them to follow protocol.The long and short of it is that nigerians we dont appreciate ourselves Dr alban is regarded as a legend in europe.If u fools dont believe me just go to youtube and see the millions of views he has.dr alban collects 80,000 euros per show how much does D'BANJ collect per show 2 million naira.Dr alban has not released an album in almost 7 years yet he has no less than 6 shows a month now you do the math.As an african in europe in the 90s dr alban gave the african man a good image back then when most europeans thought we were savages.So d'banj as usual is just an arrogant fool.

What is wrong with what D'banj did?

Dr. Alban wanted a collaboration with him, D'banj told him to call his manager, is that wrong?
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by bufflevy: 11:27pm On Nov 17, 2009
Dr Alban is a legend to every Nigerian unfortunately he came out before the internet came so most of you have not heard his music i have i was in Europe in the early 1990 when Dr alban was reigning back then there was lots of racism against us africans white used to think we were sub human but anytime the white talk shit and i told them that Dr alban their favourite musician was an african they keep quiet .Dr Alban help educate people about africa  and gave us a Good image Naija babe u are in Europe so indirectly you are benefitting from the positive image Dr alban tried to potray. I am not comparing dr alban with micheal jackson pls but i am saying they are similar Dr alban broke barriers he sang with a Thick African Accent and was one of the most successful swedish solo male artist of the 1990s.Youssou n dour is not as successful as dr alban even though they had similar turfs (europe) but in senegal Youssou  n dour is respected and no senegal artist can bullshit him.If Dr alban was south African im sure they would have hyped him as the king of African music like they did lucky Dube who was not as Good as Majekl fashek.This sending out a Bad message that we Nigerians dont respect our own whether you like it or not out of over 750 millions Africans in the world one man and only him till date (truly African musician )not akon,sade and seal who are westerners themselves disguised as Africans when it helps them commercially.Has had true success in the western world by being himself singing in an African Accent not trying to copy Americans he does deserve respect ,as for D'banj no matter how big you are every musician has a life span even micheal Jackson music career had a life span so there is no shame Dr Alban career is no more flying at the moment D'banj own day will soon come.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by adconline(m): 11:30pm On Nov 17, 2009
not only that, dr Alban performed  at world music award  in Monaco. i think Michael Jackson was honoured in this event as the musician of the century. This is another Idris fighting almight 50Cent. Nigerians and their king mentality
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by bibiking1(m): 11:47pm On Nov 17, 2009
Some intense 'political' discussion you guys are having here. While you all are at it, also deliberate on mohit's new recruits and the effect on the nation's comin elections

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tafawa Balewa Interview / The Babangida Years (facts You May Want To Know) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.