Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly (20009 Views)

APC Lawmakers Want Decisive Action Against 37 APC Defectors / Will Nigeria March Into Cameroon Like In Gambia....?? / Wike Plays Table Tennis With Rivers House Of Assembly Members In Rivers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by kcmichael: 6:04am On Dec 24, 2016
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers State has threatened that the law makers elected on the platform of its party will match into the Rivers State House of Assembly to participate in the deliberations of the House.

Disclosing this to newsmen in Port Harcourt, Senator Magnus Ngei Abe, the Senator representing Rivers South East Senatorial District, said the option has become expedient following the insistence of Gov. Nyesom Wike that the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly would not swear them in.

“If the Speaker will not swear them in, they will match into the House of Assembly and take their place because they have been returned”.

Senator Abe condemned the decision of the governor of Rivers State and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) not to swear in the duly elected APC members of the Rivers State House of Assembly, describing it as rascality and impunity.

“This kind of rascality and impunity that we are experiencing in Rivers State will not be allowed and tolerated”.

He urged well-meaning Nigerians to condemn the actions of the governor as such could derail our democracy.

Senator Abe contended that swearing-in of members of the House was not constitutional but ceremonial, arguing that in the absence of the swearing-in, the elected legislators have the right to participate in the deliberations.

“There is no constitutional requirement for swearing-in law makers in the country. It is a ceremony, which the Speaker may perform if he so chooses. If he chooses not to swear them in, that cannot in anyway de-legitimize their membership of the House of Assembly. So, the Speaker has a choice. He can swear them in, which is what he is expected to do as the Speaker of Rivers State House of Assembly or he can refuse and they will go into the House of Assembly and take their seats without his permission because he has no right to sit as a tribunal over the return of any legislator”.

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/32381-APC-lawmakers-to-match-into-Rivers-State-House-of-Assembly-in-defiance-of-Governor-Wike

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by hisgrace090: 6:08am On Dec 24, 2016
Wike!!!
Thugery leads only to anarchy.
They say you are powerful but I advise you tread cautiusly.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by Jafar1: 6:16am On Dec 24, 2016
lawmakers who earn more than 50 average nigerians monthly

1 Like

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by Okwyjesus(m): 6:17am On Dec 24, 2016
Nobody has monopoly to walk against the rule of law . Since the president lead by going against the rule of law then anybody can. Am not surprise. I knew those guys won't find it funny at all. Victoria Nyeche has been waiting since b4 now.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by Stalwert: 6:19am On Dec 24, 2016
Let's see what killer wike will do about it.

5 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by ThinkSmarter: 6:24am On Dec 24, 2016
Haba!, Rivers, you are too civilized for all these political tussles.
You are supposed to be a role model to many other states.
Unite together and do ur legislative and administrative works for the common good of people of Rivers State.
Be civilized for once Biko.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by Atiku2019: 6:27am On Dec 24, 2016
Wike and other State Assembly Members should swear them in smiley

1 Like

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by swagagolic01(m): 6:31am On Dec 24, 2016
Azubuike will never be sworn in

1 Like

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by EYIBLESSN(m): 6:31am On Dec 24, 2016
Let reason this together.
PDP is APCs' trouble
APC is one day one trouble

Mathematically,
PDP × PDP × PDP ×PDP= APC

Who is APC?

I want to test your understanding of politics

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by EYIBLESSN(m): 6:34am On Dec 24, 2016
They will be sworn in
Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by Toketimt: 6:38am On Dec 24, 2016
Wike is a fool. who does he think he is. Where dem eediots claiming wike wants a peaceful state? why wont he and his cohort the speaker swear in elected and returned members? is it because they are in opposition? where opposition lawmakers not sworn in in Abuja? nother bloodbath orchestrated by wike is brewing no doubt.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by tundafayaBuhari: 6:40am On Dec 24, 2016
What kind of politics is wike playing? He should swear them in and go to court simple. He likes seeing blood. Ondo state didn't even go to tribunal.

16 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by Tiffbuxas: 6:41am On Dec 24, 2016
rivers in the news always.... I love the governor sha... he has taken politics in Nigeria to a whole new level

4 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by dunkem21(m): 6:41am On Dec 24, 2016
Chidi Lloyd comes to mind cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by smithyemy: 6:42am On Dec 24, 2016
it simple as ABC,if buhari(the pharaoh of our time) will never obey court order the wike shuld immitate him.Lest u forget that buhari have never any court order since d inception of his tenure.recently,the ecowas court(2month ago) pass a judgement asking buhari to releaze DASUKI on bail,the pharaoh in abuja refuses.also,twice has the court in nigeria ask him to realeaze NNAMDI KANU,rather the so call pharaoh turn a deaf ear;so what do u expect from his followers?when the head is bend then the body will never be straight.this is a bitter truth! take it or leave it

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by Babacele: 6:42am On Dec 24, 2016
let 1 of the assembly members from PDP camp be preparing to be the next governor very soon. We shall teach Wike politics and sense too.
Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by Tiffbuxas: 6:43am On Dec 24, 2016
Toketimt:
Wike is a fool. who does he think he is. Where dem eediots claiming wike wants a peaceful state? why wont he and his cohort the speaker swear in elected and returned members? is it because they are in opposition? where opposition lawmakers not sworn in in Abuja? nother bloodbath orchestrated by wike is brewing no doubt.
all this one you're saying so... u will be surprised that if you go to the state enta the street the people love him.
dnt just judge by what you read something you need to see for urself before making certain statement like bloodbath

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by mrajims(m): 6:51am On Dec 24, 2016
This is absolutely nonsense! Who is that wike boy think he is that he can do and undo, FG should take action on that eediot of a guy. Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by Toketimt: 6:53am On Dec 24, 2016
Tiffbuxas:
all this one you're saying so... u will be surprised that if you go to the state enta the street the people love him.
dnt just judge by what you read something you need to see for urself before making certain statement like bloodbath

What does this rant got to do with alleged decision of wike not to do the right thing? his thugs loves him and so what? dont we av peeps that also love lucifer? what is the big deal about wikes lovers? his opponents also have their their lovers likewise. Biko, face topic squarely and if u av nothing to say, shut ur trap

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by Toketimt: 6:57am On Dec 24, 2016
[s]
smithyemy:
it simple as ABC,if buhari(the pharaoh of our time) will never obey court order the wike shuld immitate him.Lest u forget that buhari have never any court order since d inception of his tenure.recently,the ecowas court(2month ago) pass a judgement asking buhari to releaze DASUKI on bail,the pharaoh in abuja refuses.also,twice has the court in nigeria ask him to realeaze NNAMDI KANU,rather the so call pharaoh turn a deaf ear;so what do u expect from his followers?when the head is bend then the body will never be straight.this is a bitter truth! take it or leave it
[/s]

Heap of Rubbish.

No court order in question here. Elections held and winners emerged. Those to be in Abuja av been sworn in, Those in Rivers are being denied. Thats the crux of the matter and not ur useless court tori

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 24, 2016
How will a governor turn himself into an election tribunal, unilaterally hear the case against the APC members and also decide that duly elected officials are not to be sworn in. How?

So he expects the House of Assembly to have only members from one party. Wike is just arrogating to himself powers that he does not have. This man has a judge as wife and an attorney general. I wonder what sort of advice they are giving him.

4 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by smithyemy: 7:05am On Dec 24, 2016
i could vividly still remember that after wike as the winner of the gubernatorial election in river state;while he was to be swear in,the APC govt under former governor amaechi decide to stop his swear~in & inauguration activities.they went to court to stop him 4rm been swear in.but,wike have to go bayelsa state & approach d attoney general for his swear~ in.theoritically,whatever wike is doing today is indirectly the reciprocal of what what the APC govt has done to him.finally,i wil say both APC & PDP are thesame.and i wil never pity or support but critize any that is putting hardship on nigeria.above all,my fellow niralanders i visited d market yesterday; i almost weep.prices of everything ve skyrocketed.i was speechless & ve to go back 2 ATM.what is our president doing?peopple are suffering?is this the change we were promised?i criticised the past govt but,am afraid this present adminstration might be persuading me rather than dissuading me to have a rethink.my GOD please have mercy on nigeria & intervene

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by ddippset(m): 7:08am On Dec 24, 2016
rivers state will be in anarchy come January if wike refuses to swear in the APC legislators. that would be the height of trouble making. the sort of might that would descend on rivers ehn, the PDP HOA members would be forced to sit in government house.

4 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by ITbomb(m): 7:12am On Dec 24, 2016
EYIBLESSN:
Let reason this together.
PDP is APCs' trouble
APC is one day one trouble

Mathematically,
PDP × PDP × PDP ×PDP= APC

Who is APC?

I want to test your understanding of politics
APC is former PDP trouble makers

There was a time all these 3 Magnus, Ameachi and Wike were sitting together eating our money

1 Like

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by Tiffbuxas: 7:27am On Dec 24, 2016
Toketimt:

What does this rant got to do with alleged decision of wike not to do the right thing? his thugs loves him and so what? dont we av peeps that also love lucifer? what is the big deal about wikes lovers? his opponents also have their their lovers likewise. Biko, face topic squarely and if u av nothing to say, shut ur trap
who's ranting did you even understand what I wrote? if you woke up angry from bed dis morning I suggest u go nod a wall.
u mentioned another bloodbath orchestrated by wike.
I merely pointed out that if you live over there you may be surprised that the stories would be different.
I know the economy is hard buh don't vent it anger on me.... u can drink rat poison like the others shikena

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by APCmyheart(m): 7:35am On Dec 24, 2016
hisgrace090:
Wike!!!
Thugery leads only to anarchy.
They say you are powerful but I advise you tread cautiusly.

Powerful or what do you mean? Fakorede is enough to show him pepper hahhaa....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by APCmyheart(m): 7:40am On Dec 24, 2016
smithyemy:

I guess you should be smarter than this, Buhari did not obey court order and the likes of FFk, Metuh, Dokpesi, Obanikoro etc are sleeping in the comfort of their home..

Common sense will soon be an app...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by Qmerit(m): 7:52am On Dec 24, 2016
smithyemy:
it [s]simple as ABC,if buhari(the pharaoh of our time) will never obey court order the wike shuld immitate him.Lest u forget that buhari have never any court order since d inception of his tenure.recently,the ecowas court(2month ago) pass a judgement asking buhari to releaze DASUKI on bail,the pharaoh in abuja refuses.also,twice has the court in nigeria ask him to realeaze NNAMDI KANU,rather the so call pharaoh turn a deaf ear;so what do u expect from his followers?when the head is bend then the body will never be straight.this is a bitter truth! tak[/s]e t
out of point in regards this so, PMB stopped pdp senators not to be sworn in mumu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by kcnwaigbo: 7:58am On Dec 24, 2016
Qmerit:
out of point in regards this so, PMB stopped pdp senators not to be sworn in mumu
The Senate president swears them in and not Buhari

1 Like

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by OAUTemitayo: 8:01am On Dec 24, 2016
State of emergency loading. Wike the thuggish governor will soon learn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by OAUTemitayo: 8:02am On Dec 24, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

You and your thuggish governor will soon learn

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly by Qmerit(m): 8:04am On Dec 24, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

And the speaker swears members in right?
So why is Wike stopping him to do so or didn't u read the body of the post?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Has Happened To The Regular Presidential Media Chats Under Buhari? / N1bn Bail Slammed On Maurice Iwu By Court / Nigerian Politicians Use Public Money As Their Private Piggy Bank: Kemi Badenoch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.