Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,142 members, 7,845,783 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football (2813 Views)

France Vs Germany - World Cup Q.final (0 - 1) On 4th July 2014 / France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final / France Vs Portugal : World Cup 2006 Semi-finals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by waleski(m): 11:49pm On Nov 18, 2009
Fellow nairalander if u watched d game btw france nd ireland u wil agree with me dat technology looks like it may be necessary 4 d world cup d french goal luked dubious nd wil be a blip on henry carreer pls share ur view on dis injustice done 2 ireland
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by kcjazz(m): 6:21am On Nov 19, 2009
FIFA is backtracking on this cos of the costs for poorer nations. It needs all country to be on board. Imagine our last match with Kenya, they used a manual board for substitutions.

This technology thing can only be implemented by regional bodies UEFA, CAF, CONCACAF etc and hopefully then FIFA will make the move, but they should consider adding more linesmen especially behind the posts
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by FBS: 8:17am On Nov 19, 2009
I wouldn't want to be Irish last night. What a very painful way to get "knocked" out?

To be honest, I don't know what I would have done if I were in TH14's shoes but why use your hand in the first place?

The ball did not HIT his arm, he PALMED it wella. . .twice then made the pass to Gallas who scored from a point blank range!

Even in Volleyball a single player cannot "hand" the ball twice. In basketball, na travelling. . .

Ireland played with some spirit and wow, what a match it was. You always had that feeling that something either heart breaking or controversial was about to happen.

Will FIFA introduce "technology" into footie? Ask Sepp Blatter.
Will UEFA do same? Ask Platini. In fact I'm waiting to read his response to last nights match.
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by chidichris(m): 10:05am On Nov 19, 2009
in the first place, ireland had several opportunities to kill off the game because france was not playing because they used a top that was supposed to be for formula 1 drivers as jersy.

in tennis, players have to protest a score and computer technology will be used immediately in taking the final decission but in football, the refree is final decission maker.
in footie, we have 4 refs plus other officials in the tv room. there is a lot of politics in the game of footie.
if for any reason, the 4 refs fail to see, what about those in the camera room.
this political aspect of footie has killing the game.
on the side of fifa, they want teams to bless their business so it takes extra efforts to beat fifa teams such as france.
yesterday, henry deserved nothing less than a red card for such shameful act but fifa decided to let him be.
yesterday was something close to chelsea/barcelona game where the ref decides the game.
in every fraudulent match winning, there is a platini. it would have been a great shame for a platini side to miss out in the sa2010.
platini is a fruad and so is france
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by mukina2: 10:47am On Nov 19, 2009
FBS
leave TH alone, he is not the first to have done that players do that all the time, why single him out?
It  is bad though that he did and people will forget it [s]like they did the incident with puyol in Germany 06[/s] tongue
Roy keane handled the ball more than once and the ref turned a blind eye, is is cuz TH's own resulted in a goal.
Gimme a break tongue!
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by FBS: 11:10am On Nov 19, 2009
mukina2:

FBS
leave TH alone, he is not the first to have done that players do that all the time, why single him out?
It is bad though that he did and people will forget it [s]like they did the incident with puyol in Germany 06[/s] tongue
Roy keane handled the ball more than once and the ref turned a blind eye, is is cuz TH's own resulted in a Goal
Gimme a break tongue!
Muki, of course I understand the ass-anal thang  cheesy but for goodness sake, that was a blatant HANDBALL, PALMING or whatever you may call. He redirected the ball to his path.

And no it won't be forgotten just like [s]you did not forget the incident with puyol in 2006[/s].  tongue grin

I have nothing against TH14 and can understand the-ball-to-hand or hand-to-ball shitzo but blimey, he did it TWICE!!!  shocked

He wasn't the first one and he won't be that last but ain't no excuse. Ireland was robbed last night. Period.!

FIFA, UEFA sites are yet to report this. Shameful!!!
FIFA infact went back on their words not to seed the play-offs but they did. What does that tell you?

Now, I'm waiting to read Platini's comment on this.
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by mukina2: 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2009
no the ball bounced on his hand twice grin

I didnt see any handball, grin grin

when Robbie keane and the other irish player did the same no one saw it abi? angry

and in TH's case the ball came to him and bounced off his hand twice not his fault grin grin
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by FBS: 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2009
LIAR!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by mukina2: 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2009
its the truth nothing but the truth grin tongue
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by semid4lyfe(m): 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2009
Mukina probably saw the incidence with 'arsenal' eyes. Thierry Henry palmed the ball deliberately and this is a FACT! However Ireland should blame themselves for not qualifying cos they had numerous chances to kill off the match.
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by Horus(m): 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2009

Thierry Henry didnt touch the ball with his hand, it was just an "optical illusion" grin
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by mukina2: 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2009
Horus:

Thierry Henry didnt touch the ball with his hand, it was just an "optical illusion" grin
correct bros grin grin grin

Semid
blame the ref. TH is innocent grin
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by WarfyBoy(m): 12:56pm On Nov 19, 2009
@Mukina2

Are you from Liar Republic?
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2009
Liar republic=France
Arsene Wenger never seems to see anything when it involves Arsenal.
I can understandwhere Eduardo gets his skills from.
afterall Robert pires once produced the dive of the season in 03/04 vs Portsmouth.
It's an Arsenal thing.
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by yoji: 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2009
@mukina
pls dont say this in public cos it smacks of ignorance. even if u are henry's biggest fan, a beta excuse wud be that fine it was handball but it was in the heat of the moment and it was instinctive and many players wud hav done so and that u xpect the ref to be blamed as he didnt do his job. wat is wrong is wrong and cos some people do it does not make it right.
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by mukina2: 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2009
Warfy Boy:

@Mukina2

Are you from Liar Republic?
grin grin abeg go face the ref na grin

Eastbay:

Liar republic=France
Arsene Wenger never seems to see anything when it involves Arsenal.
I can understandwhere Eduardo gets his skills from.
afterall Robert pires once produced the dive of the season in 03/04 vs Portsmouth.
It's an Arsenal thing.
coming from someone with scholes and anderson in his team grin tongue

yoji:

@mukina
pls dont say this in public cos it smacks of ignorance. even if u are henry's biggest fan, a beta excuse wud be that fine it was handball but it was in the heat of the moment and it was instinctive and many players wud hav done so and that u xpect the ref to be blamed as he didnt do his job. wat is wrong is wrong and cos some people do it does not make it right.
TH is not the first nor is he the last, lots of players have done the same, why are people singling him out?
i didnt see no handball, all i saw was a ball bouncing off his hand twice. miracle ball grin grin
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by Emperoh(m): 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2009
Muki LIARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

So this is what Dayokanu has been condonng from you?
FBS
I bet you that referee was Arsenen Wenger!!! Kai it was too blatant to be allowed as a goal
FIFA knows what the are doing but they shouldn't cry oo when they get at the end of it all

As for Muki, pls u need cleansing. . . .this lieing is just ooo mush!!!
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by FBS: 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2009
Emperoh:

Muki LIARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

FBS
I bet you that referee was Arsenen Wenger!!! Kai it was too blatant to be allowed as a goal
FIFA knows what the are doing but they shouldn't cry oo when they get at the end of it all

Muki is just kidding/joking. She knows for a FACT that Monsieur TH did a maradona last night.

As for the ref, honestly I'm convinced he missed it. He controlled the match well, even when France appealed for a penalty which kinda looked legitimate. The linesman? well, he could have missed it too.

This is why extra refs are necessary. Place two behind each goal on each side and they would have spotted it.

My qualms is why neither FIFA and UEFA are yet to say a word on this. Even the official match report did not mention it. Shameful. They clearly know what they are doing.
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by mukina2: 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2009
Emperoh:

Muki LIARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

FBS

sharap tongue

FBS:

Muki is just kidding/joking. She knows for a FACT that Monsieur TH did a maradona last night.

As for the ref, honestly I'm convinced he missed it. He controlled the match well, even when France appealed for a penalty which kinda looked legitimate. The linesman? well, he could have missed it too.

This is why extra refs are necessary. Place two behind each goal on each side and they would have spotted it.

My qualms is why neither FIFA and UEFA are yet to say a word on this. Even the official match report did not mention it. Shameful. They clearly know what they are doing.
They didnt see it too grin grin
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by Emperoh(m): 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2009
mukina2:

sharap tongue

They didnt see it too grin grin

Bia, u want to see my red eye this afternoon abi?
Now get inside before i bring my cane. . . who thought you all these? Dayo?
tongue tongue
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by mukina2: 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2009
Emperoh:

Bia, u want to see my red eye this afternoon abi?
Now get inside before i bring my cane. . . who thought you all these? Dayo?
tongue tongue

your eyes deceived you tongue
Titi didnt handle no ball grin grin
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by Emperoh(m): 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2009
mukina2:

your eyes deceived you tongue
Titi didnt handle no ball grin grin

Ok oo No wahala!!!
But mind you, Christiano Ronaldo never dived in all his time in England!! cool
No argue oo!!
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by No2Atheism(m): 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2009
Horus:

When did you become a Jedi Master trying to tell us what we see is not what we think we saw. . .  grin grin grin . . .

@topic

I pity Henry cus:

1. He intentionally handled the ball.
2. I know he would be wishing he can correct and re-do it all over again.
3. His so called clean marketing image has now been tarnished.

I hope for the sake of France and Henry that FIFA orders a replay . . . of the match.

Let's be frank . . . Ireland had their chances . . .and I am sure they would lose if there were another replay . . .

I am just not comfortable with issues and circumstances in which something is tainted . . .
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by mukina2: 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2009
Emperoh:

Ok oo No wahala!!!
But mind you, Christiano Ronaldo never dived in all his time in England!! cool
No argue oo!!

yeeee grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by saraj(f): 4:21pm On Nov 19, 2009
Henry admitted himself that he handballed twice.
It is not his fault. It was ignored because of FIFAs
corruption and favouritism.
Compare Frances' population to Irelands and tell me
who would contribute more money fo FIFA in the
2010 world cup??
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by tosinaded(m): 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2009

I pity Henry cus:

1. He intentionally handled the ball.
2. I know he would be wishing he can correct and re-do it all over again.
3. His so called clean marketing image has now been tarnished.

I hope for the sake of France and Henry that FIFA orders a replay . . . of the match.

Let's be frank . . . Ireland had their chances . . .and I am sure they would lose if there were another replay . . .

I am just not comfortable with issues and circumstances in which something is tainted . . .

pity urself young man!
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by scottN(m): 4:40pm On Nov 19, 2009
I feel sorry for d Irish but all FIFA wanted was that France qualify for the WC 2010 for obvious reasons, the opportunity arose (which will always present itself) and they grabbed it.
As for you fellas sincerely speaking which team would u like 2 watch in the Mundial France or Ireland ? The answer to this is what really controlled the outcome of this game with FIFA lending a helping hand. So technology or no technology such scenarios will always occur. After all who didn't c d incident (except 4 those who didn't c d match)?
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by mukina2: 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2009
sara j:

Henry admitted himself that he handballed twice.
It is not his fault. It was ignored because of FIFAs
corruption and favouritism.
Compare Frances' population to Irelands and tell me
who would contribute more money fo FIFA in the
2010 world cup??
you missed robbie keane;s own too right? grin
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by bawomolo(m): 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2009
Any sport that doesn't have instant replay in an era of HD technology is lost.
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by JeSoul(f): 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2009
bawomolo:

Any sport that doesn't have instant replay in an era of HD technology is lost.
I was just about to say that. Instant replay and issuing of 'challenges' by the coach should be a staple in every sport.
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by waleski(m): 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2009
Latest news is dat d irish association as appealed for a replay of d match caused it has questioned d intergrity of d game in my opinion it wil nt be replayed nd henry wil be feeling bad caused he has tarnished his image. Henry is an ambassador of fairplay nd imagine d impact it wil av on d youngsters it wil only glorify cheating nd diving nd it is realy bad 2 dose irish kids dat wil remember dat it was d hand of henry dat got france 2 d world cup it has also brought d issue of technology like goal line tech nd video coverageetc. Remember dat we dnt knw wat we wil do wen we are in henry's shoes caused it luked instictive.also d refs av 2 be questioned caused d assit ref had a gud view so it is realy heating up around europe
Re: France Vs Ireland :the Importance Of Technology In Football by bawomolo(m): 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2009
JeSoul:

I was just about to say that. Instant replay and issuing of 'challenges' by the coach should be a staple in every sport.

you know the old school purists would come out saying it slows down the game and all that nonsense.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deji Tinubu Is Dead! / Kano Pillars Send Alahly Packing From The Caf Champions League / New 2015/2016 Season Football Jerseys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.