Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,903 members, 7,841,392 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov (2851 Views)

Poll: Can Portsmouth get 3 points?

Yes: 36% (4 votes)
Nope: 63% (7 votes)
They'll share points: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs West Ham (3 - 1) On Sat, 21st Dec 2013 / FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 / El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Cristalz(f): 4:45pm On Nov 28, 2009
nateevs:

I want a replay of that incident. .
I can't see the pen. .

'Cos there was none! The linesman must have an eye infection.

Fight fight fight.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Cristalz(f): 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2009
Vida has got to be careful. Hez been wobbly from the start, and hez on a yellow.
Can't be going around making tackles like that.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by amarilo: 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2009
When SAF complain they give him fine and match ban. Bunch of mckrakes
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by nateevs(m): 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2009
Cristalz:

'Cos there was none! The linesman must have an eye infection.

Fight fight fight.

I saw a replay with Brown shirt-pulling. . .
Vidic please someone else. . . Please. !
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by 4Play(m): 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2009
Refs are obviously trying to get in their revenge. It's like watching Serie A back in the days with refs determined to fix the outcome.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Sauron1: 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2009
nateevs:

Since when did line assistants start giving penalties in dead ball situations.
When Drogba pushed Brown for Terry to score his goal, did they give the foul to Man Utd?

Seriously, the referees in England are a disgrace.
Shirts get pulled in the box time n time again in set-plays.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by nazzyon(m): 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2009
Now that is why SAF complains about Refs.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Cristalz(f): 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2009
What a silly half.

Vidic and Brown have been poor in central defense, allowing Dindane and co to run wild. And Vida's got a yellow.
Defense is just not it today.

Pompey's defense is tight, and the idea of leaving Rooney solo upfront has turned out to be a bad idea. Rooney is not even a point-man in the first place; he moves all over the pitch. When you fix him in a spot you limit him.
I really want Fergie to switch to 4-4-2, bring a striker on to support Rooney. Will take some effort to get through the brick wall Pompey have put up.

Now that penalty decision.  .  .it's so wrong I want to personally punch the silly linesman and the ref.

Will be easier to win this if Fergie puts another striker on and goes 4-4-2.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Cristalz(f): 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2009
nateevs:

You see? You think it's Brown. The commentators think it was Vidic. Now how's that for controversial?

Brown did nothing worth of a penalty. Vida held some dude's shirt lightly, and the dude had his hand on Vida's the whole time.
Then the Pompey dude left Vida and jumped to head the ball, along with Kitkat. Vidic did not impede the jump, did absolutely nothing.
Pompey man landed safely, untouched and unhurt. So where's the penalty??

It's just a mess.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Krayola(m): 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2009
That was clear penalty. vidic was tryna strip that guy naked.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Sauron1: 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2009
nazzyon:

Now that is why SAF complains about Refs.

We have not had a single decision go for us since we played against Liverpool.
It has been tonnes and tonnes of wrong decisions and those stupid referees keep getting away with em.

If i were SAF, i would UnCloth the whole FA again with volley of abuses.
Let em add to the match ban. They cannot give 30 match bans to Fergie.

Krayola:

No wahala!!!
United will have corner-kicks and freekicks in the 2nd half from where the spastic line assistant was stationed.
We shall see if his decision earlier will be consistent.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by 4Play(m): 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2009
Krayola:

You don't need glasses, you need a guide dog.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Krayola(m): 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2009
4 Play:

You don't need glasses, you need a guide dog.

U need to be worrying about ur defenders that can't defend without trying to UnCloth the opponent. This aint a gay bar. . .it's football
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Cristalz(f): 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2009
Krayola:

That was  clear penalty. vidic was tryna strip that guy naked.

Why wasn't a penalty given in Tuesday's UCL game when Thiago Motta practically stripped Pique's jersey from his body??
Vida barely tugged Piq's jersey, and Piq's hand was firmly on Vida's the whole time, tightly holding him down.
And then Piq made his jump in peace, Vida left him completely alone.

Worse has been done in the box with no penalties given. Be honest here.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Sauron1: 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2009
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

WAZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2-1.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Cristalz(f): 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2009
Thank you, Rooney!
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by nazzyon(m): 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2009
Fantabula Goal
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Krayola(m): 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2009
What is dishonest, in my opinion, is pretending pulling shirts like that is allowed. that it wasn't called in one game does not mean it is allowed. the ref  assistant saw it and called it. U can call it harsh, but definitely not a wrong call.

1-2 now. u can stop crying grin grin
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by dayokanu(m): 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2009
Penalty no argument.

Korea vs Italy World cup 2002, Korea got a penalty in the 3rd minute for shirt tugging against the Italians

Man Utd scores 2-1

Portsmouth are no better than Ebute metta Warrior I swear
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by amarilo: 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2009
I dont think the ref and FA can be able to stop us.
Go on United
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Sauron1: 5:13pm On Nov 28, 2009
dayokanu:

Penalty no argument.

If referees give penalties for every shirt-tugging during set-plays. . . . .There will be 20 penalty kicks in a match.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by nateevs(m): 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2009
Hey these pompey guys are playing good football.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Sauron1: 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2009
PENALTY FOR MAN UTD.

ROONEY hatrick on the way.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Cristalz(f): 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2009
@Krayola
Heck, then a foul should have been called for Piq's tight hand holding on Vida as well.
So they got that wrong. Robbery, huh?

You don't give penalties for inherent tugs and shoves, for crying out loud.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2009
Penalty again!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Sauron1: 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2009
HATRICK FOR ROONEY

3-1
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by amarilo: 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2009
Comon roney
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by nateevs(m): 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2009
That's a penalty ? . .

unbelievable.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by nazzyon(m): 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2009
O ga o!

Dem see sey there ojoro no work, dem go invoke rain make e slow us down.

Won mo pe we be tojoterun.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Cristalz(f): 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2009
Now that was a clear penalty.

Go, Wayne!!
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Krayola(m): 5:17pm On Nov 28, 2009
Cristalz:

@Krayola
Heck, then a foul should have been called for Piq's tight hand holding on Vida as well.
So they got that wrong. Robbery, huh?

It wasn't called. Had it been called it would have been harsh, but still a valid call. It's aight to be pissed off about it, but accusing the refs of bias based on that is just petty, IN MY OPINION.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Nov 28, 2009
If referees give penalties for every shirt-tugging during set-plays. . . . .There will be 20 penalty kicks in a match.

3 already in this match might be 20 soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Most Overpaid Players In The English Premier League / Nemanja Vidic Out For Two Months After Knee Surgery / UCL: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos (3 - 1) On 3rd October 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.