Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,770 members, 7,841,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

One Month's Notice Or One Month's Salary? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / One Month's Notice Or One Month's Salary? (23219 Views)

Enugu Workers Receive 13th Month Salary / How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection / Please Help! My Former Employer Demands I Refund A Month Salary... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Month's Notice Or One Month's Salary? by hiremyminivan: 12:32pm On Mar 06, 2017
Lovegisty:
grin grin

YOU WANT MY ADVISE RESIGN! i SAID RESIGN!!!

BUT IF YOU ARE STILL CONFUSED, TAKE MILK,PLENTY OF IT. READ PSALMS 1-100, PRAY, SLEEP, AND LO, YOU SHALL DREAM DREAMS!!!!

IMAGINE THIS SHAMELESS MAN IN THE PHOTO BELOW, AND THIS IS SOMEONE'S HUSBAND O. CHAI

SEE PHOTO HERE >>>> http://www.usa-mmm.tk/p/whose-husband-is-this-biko-lol-lol.html

LOL very funny
Re: One Month's Notice Or One Month's Salary? by hiremyminivan: 12:33pm On Mar 06, 2017
scarr:
Drop your resignation and walk out like a boss.

Just like imma do too
smiley
Re: One Month's Notice Or One Month's Salary? by hiremyminivan: 12:41pm On Mar 06, 2017
picker:
if you have the time, work for free for the 30 days.

Not an option
Re: One Month's Notice Or One Month's Salary? by hiremyminivan: 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2017
234GT:
If you have a lot of idle cash, pay a month's basic salary to your current employer and jump ship. No time.
If you are working with a small organisation, giving one month notice could give them time to rope some petty issues to you.

This is what worries him so much. So he is backing out and buying his freedom with one month's salary
Re: One Month's Notice Or One Month's Salary? by All4good: 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2017
[quote author=Olufemiolaolu post=54312232][/quote]
The Law doesn't say work for free in anyway. The one-month salary forfeiture only applies when you think your new company needs you so much they are rather prepared to pay-off your present place of work.

So my candid advice. Tell your person to ask the new company for a resumption date 30 days ahead to allow him/her putt in a resignation letter with notice This will allow for proper hand-over. The new company will from then on see him/her as a responsible person. Do otherwise...Then what you take here you may pay there.
Re: One Month's Notice Or One Month's Salary? by cyndyzuriks(f): 9:12am On Mar 07, 2017
Re: One Month's Notice Or One Month's Salary? by ayoolab: 5:12pm On Apr 05, 2017
It appears you are excited about the new job (or probably excited to leave your current job)- of course, you deserve to be! congrats man
cheesy
1st off, please breathe.. relax... the new job will come with its own challenges.

2nd.. GIVE the stipulated notice period (usually 1 month) even tho some organisations do oversabi- asking for 3 months.
this 30-day period will allow you wind down on your current role and handover properly. it will also allow your current employer find a replacement (30 days is usually not enough- considering that the person too might require a 30-day notice period at their organisation). It will also allow you some time to prepare for your new job. Oftentimes, the temptation is to "resign like a boss" (resign without notice to spite your current employer) honestly, sh*t feels good. But in the long run, it is not a matured decision. ensure you treat/disengage your employer better than they treat you.

This is an opportunity to pull your weight with your new employer. you are their most preferred candidate, and that is why they are making you an offer. If they require you to resume immediately, mention to them that you are required to give a month's notice or salary in lieu. If truly your resumption is "very urgent" like most organisation paint it to be- they will offer/agree to pay for the 1month salary in lieu. If not, you can as well give the 30-days.

often time, this last 30 days, you will be faffing. New projects may not be assigned to you or betterstill, you will notice that your access to most information/ trade secrets/ memos etc will be restricted. Yes, that's because technically, you are no longer part of "US"...lol

again you will notice the respect of your superiors and colleagues... that feeling of "you can't catch me- I'm beyond your reach now". please dont let this get to your head. try and be extra nice.. extra extra nice.. it is called leaving on a high or not burning cables.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: One Month's Notice Or One Month's Salary? by Ndipe(m): 4:37am On Dec 18, 2018
You worked for the month you were paid for, so why are you having a guilty conscience like you stole money?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? / 6 Ways To Achieve Financial Independence / Sacked 900 Dangote Workers Protest Non-Payment Of Benefits In Lagos (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.