Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,637 members, 7,840,552 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors (17895 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Black Is Evil, Africans Must Stop Saying They Are Blacks / Modele Fatoyinbo Dragged For Defending Her Husband Pastor Fatoyinbo Against Rape / Pastor Dave Ogbole Accused Of Sexual Abuse After Defending Pastor Fatoyinbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by MakeADifference: 6:57am On Mar 24, 2017
You can be "obsessed" with the opposite sex but he isn't allowed to thank God for his pastor.

You can be obsessed with TTT or BBNaija or Nairaland but you can SMH for him mentioning his pastor.

You can be ManU crazy, or die over Arsenal but he can't mention his pastor?

If he loves his pastor na him sabi! Let him be.

Kc3000:

SMH, this obsession with your pastor is exactly what is being addressed in this thread. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by MakeADifference: 7:01am On Mar 24, 2017
Nairalanders, see OP's response to my post

Sanchez01:

Obviously, you are sick in the head angry

What is wrong with you people? If you have been cursed to be stupid, why not just remain so rather than try to rub it on others, using the Bible to massage your folly? How many verses clearly state there are fake people, like seriously?

In a bid to go on a defending spree, you have successfully answered your own questions and saved me the trouble of responding to your post.

In reference to your question, I hope you now understand why no sane Christian should defend a pastor?

This is my post
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by MakeADifference: 7:02am On Mar 24, 2017
Nairalanders, see OP's response to my post; like book says "By their fruits (words and acts) you shall know them"

Sanchez01:

What is wrong with you people? If you have been cursed to be stupid, why not just remain so rather than try to rub it on others, using the Bible to massage your folly? How many verses clearly state there are fake people, like seriously?

In a bid to go on a defending spree, you have successfully answered your own questions and saved me the trouble of responding to your post.

In reference to your question, I hope you now understand why no sane Christian should defend a pastor?

This is my post

MakeADifference:
1. How many pastors are there in Nigeria?
2. How many scandals have you listed
3. How many pastors have you not listed
4. How many verses in the Bible clearly state there are fake people
5. Ever heard of the phrase "wolves in sheep clothing"? It came from the Bible
6. Ever heard the phrase "many are called but few are chosen"?. It came from the Bible.
7. Ever heard "depart from me I know you not"? It is in the Bible

Both you and Freeze and other pastor-bashers aren't saying anything fresh. No serious Christian will worry about your list.

But be warned, if you pastor-bash out of ulterior interests, there is divine punishment for that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Sanchez01: 7:18am On Mar 24, 2017
MakeADifference:
Nairalanders, see OP's response to my post; like book says "By their fruits (words and acts) you shall know them"

This is my post

MakeADifference:
2. How many scandals have you listed
3. How many pastors have you not listed
4. How many verses in the Bible clearly state there are fake people
6. Ever heard the phrase "many are called but few are chosen"?. It came from the Bible.

Both you and Freeze and other pastor-bashers aren't saying anything fresh. No serious Christian will worry about your list.

But be warned, if you pastor-bash out of ulterior interests, there is divine punishment for that.

You're not the 5th person on the thread defending Pastors. My harsh response to you came off because you placed me in the same category with Freeze.

I know it can be very hard to wander off and reason on your own as a sheep that has been programmed. You just have to try since it is free and not in any way painful.

Why was this thread created?
To remind Christians that they are not called to Pastors but to God. A pastor is only a man with flesh and blood and you just have to understand that. Should he fall, he must recognize that he has done so and no use his or her members to cover his shame.

To your question now;
There are over a hundred thousand of them but I would tell you that more than half are not genuine or have fallen from Grace and are not in any way bothered since they have the mechanism of their members at their mercy.

2 and 3. How many pastors/scandals have you listed?
Just a few. Again, it is one of the reasons I mentioned that you learn to think. The names mentioned are not limited to this. I would have gone ahead to mention more but I would be derailing the thread for certain reasons.

4. How many verses state there are fake people?
You tell me. If you are a Christian, you should learn to understand that being fake does not only rest on miracles and false prophecies but also in manipulating the sheep.

This is my first time actually. I have never come across it in my life. undecided

This too. Never heard of it before until now. angry

I've been hearing this for ages, never knew it is from the Bible. Small world!

Now read your questions slowly again and read through the introduction of my post. You are called to God and not a Pastor. How hard can it be to reason here?

Most Christians are dogmatic, and you, my friend, fall into the class of dogmatic Christians.

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Firstcitizen: 7:20am On Mar 24, 2017
Sanchez01:
When staunchly defend pastors, we;

1. Reinforce their actions, either good or bad.
2. Prove that indeed we have been brainwashed and are blind.
3. Forget that the pastor is a man which is capable of falling or making mistakes.
4. Show that we are incapable of thinking for ourselves since the Word of God is far from our reach.
5. We unconsciously join such pastor by driving out young believers.
6. Show that we don't follow God and study His Word but the Pastor.
7. We unconsciously give room for cult followership rather than the truth.

Please this should be a thread on its own so people can wake up and stop disappointing God who decided to make brains for them
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by samijay8(m): 7:21am On Mar 24, 2017
Idiots will soon come here to abuse this guy and keep defending pastors
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Sanchez01: 7:24am On Mar 24, 2017
Firstcitizen:

Please this should be a thread on its own so people can wake up and stop disappointing God who decided to make brains for them
I wish I could, seriously. I created the thread in a hurry and had little or no time to be comprehensive with it.

The truth to most Christians today seem like you are on a mission to destroy the Church.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by samijay8(m): 7:26am On Mar 24, 2017
Some idiots will still talk negatively to this guy just to defend their pastor
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by omofunaab(m): 7:28am On Mar 24, 2017
Jj222:
. what's this shit about pastors and the Christians are the Muslims pure? them Muslims and their so called whatever that lead them are demons. they kills and do shits

Yeah Muslims are not exempted
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by BobHIGHNESS(m): 7:34am On Mar 24, 2017
weedtheweeds:
2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

They know the truth, but they cannot put up with the truth. They will take down anyone who exposes them or their pastors because their own hands are not clean and they want to continue doing the evil with a view that someone who serves as an intercessor is also a part of the show.
They pastors have mastered the art of deceit and they have confused the minds of gullible ones with their showy display of devilish powers.
Instead of preaching the truth about God, they engage in magic displays and fake acts of kindness.

This is not for false Christians alone. Muslims as well do the same. They can hardly ask questions from their Imams or question their evil ways. Muslims are the worse because they will never tell a single soul. They will kill anyone who confesses the evil an Imam commits right away.
i don't think OP mention anything fingering about muslims or islam, don't try to bring in religion clash. Besides, muslim don't follow blindly as you said, there's room for questioning if their leaders go wrong, they don't perform magic in the name of miracle to get more followers, they don't predict the future publicly as christians does. There is a class called "fatwah" means question and answer in islam which is absent in xtianity. In Islam, if a leader goes wrong, he will be condemn tho in a polite way. Are you comparing christianity with Islam? That's a no-go area, death can't be compare with slumber. How many times have you see a muslim leader giving dettol to its congregations or stepping on them for miracle? Dude,you're missing it.

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by tifany89(m): 7:46am On Mar 24, 2017
vedaxcool:
Interesting read. When you blindly defend anyone the person remains resolute in error.
I just saw this coming from you. I don't mean to sound judgemental but I think u should actually take ur own advice coz time n again un the politics selection u v blindly defended Buhari n the APC, and am sure that is the reason they have remained resolute in error. Buhari just like those pastors above is human and so not perfect. Thanks
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by BobHIGHNESS(m): 7:47am On Mar 24, 2017
Max24:
To err is human and to forgive is divine. Pastors whether fake or genuine are serving a bigger purpose than what we see as their weaknesses. What I know is that Christians must be more united than ever before in spite of imperfections. Otherwise, Nigeria would soon turn to an Islamic country. Jihad as an agenda is still very much on d table of some ,either through violence like boko haram or through total control of state powers. He who has ears let him hear.!
don't be brainwash about Nigeria being islamic country, this only bring hatred of others to your mind. Tho i wasn't a religion fanatic but a proud deist, but christians are the most deceived fellows in this country
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by seunH: 7:47am On Mar 24, 2017
weedtheweeds:
2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

They know the truth, but they cannot put up with the truth. They will take down anyone who exposes them or their pastors because their own hands are not clean and they want to continue doing the evil with a view that someone who serves as an intercessor is also a part of the show.
They pastors have mastered the art of deceit and they have confused the minds of gullible ones with their showy display of devilish powers.
Instead of preaching the truth about God, they engage in magic displays and fake acts of kindness.

This is not for false Christians alone. Muslims as well do the same. They can hardly ask questions from their Imams or question their evil ways. Muslims are the worse because they will never tell a single soul. They will kill anyone who confesses the evil an Imam commits right away.

So sorry for disturbing you with this quote. But ill like correct you last paragraph. Muslim do ask questions very well infact special segments are dedicate to Q/A. Also saying Muslims cover up and even kill those who expose their scandals is my brothers and sisters is a complete falsehood. The truth is that, the reason why scandals in Islam don't take a popular dimension is simply because in Islam there is no religious hierarchy for we are all equal in front of God except the pious at heart (who can only be determined by God Himself). However, some may argue that don't Muslims also have titles like "Alfa", "Imam", "Amir", "Ustaz", "Mundiu", "Sheikh", "Shehu", "Alhaji", etc. Hence for the sake of knowledge and understanding I'll highlight the meanings of the above.
ALFA- An Alfa technically means a practicing muslim. Although many feel its a special religious ranking of Muslims which enable them be the one to slaughter ram on salah, officiate occasions e.g burial, provide spiritual help etc. But its actually false, it is not a religious ranking and any practicing muslim can do the above.
USTAZ/MUNDIU- These are simply coordinators of Arabic schools (ile kewu/ Madrassat). As the above it is not a religious ranking rather its just an academic ranking.
AMIR/IMAM- Linguistically means leader or someone in front. It is not a religious ranking rather imam denotes anybody (practicing muslim) that leads prayer although we also have ranks like chief imam, baba adeeni etc but they are simply mosque titles. Amir on the other hand means leader of any Islamic organization
Sheikh- Sheikh linguistically means an old man. It could also denote someone prominent. It is not a religious ranking and can be used by anybody especially in the Arab world where we hear of "oil sheikhs" etc or someone knowledgeable.
ALHAJI- This simply means someone who has just returned from hajj or has performed hajj, as above this also is not a religious ranking.
It should however be noted that some sects outside the mainstream Islam practice religious hierarchy where they have different levels and names for each level till you get to the highest level of spiritual enlightenment. Such organisation use the word "Shehu" etc and include the Tijaniyah sect also called tariqa etc.
In conclusion from the above we have been able to see that in Islam there is no religious hierarchy at all rather what we have as shown are series of nomenclatures and as a result Muslims see each other as human capable of falling into temptation irrespective of the nomenclature attached, hence do not feel the fanatical mandate to defend any of the above.
Nb. This reminds me of a story some years back of an Ustaz receiving MouthAction from his female student, the story made rounds online with pictures even attached yet no Muslim claimed it was photo shopped or felt obliged to defend the act not even Supreme Islamic Council same goes for the Alfas caught with human body parts recently !!!

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by oaroloye(m): 7:48am On Mar 24, 2017
SHALOM!

xtivin:
The Bible should be our guide not our pastors.

It should be that simple.

However, every Church uses "THE BIBLE," therefore, there should be ONE CORRECT WAY to SPPLY THE BIBLE, whereas ALL OTHER WAYS are ERRORS.

I have endeavored to show this ONE CORRECT WAY, but NO ONE is LISTENING.

You do not know what is coming next, and think that you have time to play around.

When you need the Power of God to save yourself and your loved ones- and it isn't there- remember that GOD SENT YOU A MESSENGER TO GUIDE YOU TO TNE POWER- but YOU REFUSED, when things seemed EASY.

If you have to go to CHURCHES and PROGRAMMES to get "THE GREAT POWER OF GOD," instead of HAVING GOD WITH YOU, needing no one else, YOU ARE BEING DECEIVED!

How can PENTECOSTALS believe that they are BAPTIZED with a POWERLESS HOLY GHOST, while their "PASTORS" are baptized with an "ANOINTED HOLY GHOST?"

Why can't they REASON that OYINBO THEOLOGIANS INVENTED all these DIFFERENT FORMS OF GOD that are USELESS, but to ENSLAVE them to them?
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Temitogab: 7:55am On Mar 24, 2017
1 John 4:7 says in summary if we have God's love, the world needs to see our love and unity for one another. Brother leave pastors alone if anyone says he his a pastor their judgement belongs to God. Who are you to judge....if you judge now who will judge you on the last day.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Temitogab: 7:59am On Mar 24, 2017
Leave the title they bear...they are mentors to others okay. If you don't like them and speak ill of them does not make them bad or not good towards others. Our aim is to destroy the works of the devil not condemn our fellow brothers n sisters all in the name of errors. No such thing as a perfect man here on earth. But if you are most holy then continue to judge us all. I drop my pen. In Him
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Origin(f): 8:10am On Mar 24, 2017
Max24:
To err is human and to forgive is divine. Pastors whether fake or genuine are serving a bigger purpose than what we see as their weaknesses. What I know is that Christians must be more united than ever before in spite of imperfections. Otherwise, Nigeria would soon turn to an Islamic country. Jihad as an agenda is still very much on d table of some ,either through violence like boko haram or through total control of state powers. He who has ears let him hear.!

They will talk to the right, some people will talk to the left and inside gutter.

Everyday BH bombs and kills MUSLIMS. and they want to Islamize Nigeria?

Are Muslims the people( inside buses, on the road, on every street, coming to our very homes) preaching about Christianity. Such that we have no peace and you are not trying to christianize Nigeria.

Don't follow your Imam and Pastor blindly and stop worshipping them. That is the topic . Stop pinning your problems on the people that do not have time for you.

You are the only person responsible for your actions. Stop blaming God, the devil, Muslims, the atheist or Buhari for your problems.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by oaroloye(m): 8:19am On Mar 24, 2017
SHALOM!

Sanchez01:
You didn't hear of Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of COZA and a lady named Ese Walter? There was no need for me to have given graphic details of what went down since the scandal was made public.

JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SHOUTED SOMETHING OUT AT THE MARKETPLACE SOMEWHERE, THAT DOES NOT MEAN EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY HEARD IT, OR WILL GET TO HEAR IT.

Saying, "THERE IS NO NEED FOR ME TO HAVE GIVEN GRAPHIC DETAILS...!" is LYING, because no one asked you for "Graphic Details." When you accuse a modern and public figure, whose presence and activities can be traced, 24/7, you need to name names, times, and places.

If there are news stories, you cite them, and provide the links, if available to you.

It is very rude to tell people, "YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THIS!" or, "GO AND FIND OUT WHETHER MY CLAIMS ARE CORRECT!" when they have their own lives to live, and cannot waste it idolizing "CELEBRITIES" and people playing "PRIMA DONNA."

If you are interested in knowing about this in particular, just take your time to search Biodun Fatoyinbo and Ese Walters on Google. Cheers.

I AM NOT INTERESTED!

WHY WOULD I BE INTERESTED IN STUPUD PEOPLE'S SEX SCANDALS THAT ARE CREATED TO ANCHOR OUR ASSEMBLAGE POINTS ON THE RIGHT SIDE AND RIGHT EDGE OF THE BAND OF MAN?

Is THAT your PURPOSE?

MY SOLE CONCERN is to KNOW that the information you put out IS TRUSTWORTHY, before I pass it on to anyone else.

There are LOTS of people who never even heard of these losers- whereas, to you, those must be NONPERSONS, whom you do not LOVE, because they do not love what you love- which doesn't include GOD.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by oruma19: 8:20am On Mar 24, 2017
xtivin:
The Bible should be our guide not our pastors.
I hope Muslims are not allowed to comment on this thread? It's a Christian thread . Since we the Christians are not allowed to comment on Islamic threads. If any Muslim comments here the Holy ghost fire will burn them down. Leave our pastors to us, we can solve our problems. All Christians should help to pray and positively criticize our pastors so they can meet the standards expected of them. Nobody should come here and destroy the reputation of his/her pastor cause they are humans also. Pls lets be wise. Pastors messing up should turn a new leaf . They shuld try not to make Christianity a laffing stock. God bless Nigerian Christians.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Blitzeee(m): 8:24am On Mar 24, 2017
Only few will read and pick cogent points beneficial to their spiritual growth in this post
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Sanchez01: 8:26am On Mar 24, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SHOUTED SOMETHING OUT AT THE MARKETPLACE SOMEWHERE, THAT DOES NOT MEAN EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY HEARD IT, OR WILL GET TO HEAR IT.

Saying, "THERE IS NO NEED FOR ME TO HAVE GIVEN GRAPHIC DETAILS...!" is LYING, because no one asked you for "Graphic Details." When you accuse a modern and public figure, whose presence and activities can be traced, 24/7, you need to name names, times, and places.

If there are news stories, you cite them, and provide the links, if available to you.

It is very rude to tell people, "YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THIS!" or, "GO AND FIND OUT WHETHER MY CLAIMS ARE CORRECT!" when they have their own lives to live, and cannot waste it idolizing "CELEBRITIES" and people playing "PRIMA DONNA."

I AM NOT INTERESTED!

WHY WOULD I BE INTERESTED IN STUPUD PEOPLE'S SEX SCANDALS THAT ARE CREATED TO ANCHOR OUR ASSEMBLAGE POINTS ON THE RIGHT SIDE AND RIGHT EDGE OF THE BAND OF MAN?

Is THAT your PURPOSE?

MY SOLE CONCERN is to KNOW that the information you put out IS TRUSTWORTHY, before I pass it on to anyone else.

There are LOTS of people who never even heard of these losers- whereas, to you, those must be NONPERSONS, whom you do not LOVE, because they do not love what you love- which doesn't include GOD.
*Sighs*

I really don't get your point. Ese Walter and Biodun Fatoyinbo's Scandal rocked for over a month. If you were never interested, then why ask me to have given or provided details of what went down?
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 24, 2017
Nice post, but I don't think people will heed to this call, many Christians have been so brainwashed , their brain have been removed form their skulls, they have been reduced to drones and zombies who do the bidding of their masters.

They will always defend their GOs no matter what.

Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Max24: 8:41am On Mar 24, 2017
Origin:

They will talk to the right, some people will talk to the left and inside gutter.

Everyday BH bombs and kills MUSLIMS. and they want to Islamize Nigeria?

Are Muslims the people( inside buses, on the road, on every street, coming to our very homes) preaching about Christianity. Such that we have no peace and you are not trying to christianize Nigeria.

Don't follow your Imam and Pastor blindly and stop worshipping them. That is the topic . Stop pinning your problems on the people that do not have time for you.

You are the only person responsible for your actions. Stop blaming God, the devil, Muslims, the atheist or Buhari for your problems.

But the op didn't present it in an unbiased way. Why did he mention pastors only. why didn't he name some bad imams and sheiks as he mentioned names of General Overseers. Maybe because he is afraid of them knowing what happened to Eunice in Abuja. Has he written about imams that instigate their followers to attack and kill after Friday prayers in the north? He is just chasing shadows. According to op pastors are scandalous, good, but at least Coza, Okotie, Oyakilome and others have never instigated their followers to klill. We know those that do. While ops observations might be valid its wrongly timed. Let's deal with people that encourage religious extremism first before coming to bed issues. Who pastor Sulaimon beds is the least of our problems.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by oaroloye(m): 8:49am On Mar 24, 2017
SHALOM!

Temitogab:
1 John 4:7 says in summary if we have God's love, the world needs to see our love and unity for one another. Brother leave pastors alone if anyone says he his a pastor their judgement belongs to God. Who are you to judge....if you judge now who will judge you on the last day.

[url======]I went out of my way to explain why none of you people know what you are talking about, when you use the term "love" as referred to in the New Testament.[/url] The Ancient Greeks had TWELVE DIFFERENT WORDS that the OYINBO BARBARIANS lazily translated "LOVE."

The ONE you are using: ROMANTIC LOVE, "EROS," that allows "UNITY" between SINNERS is NOT USED in The New Testament.

Will you LEARN WISDOM from here on in, or, like a PIG, will you GO BACK to WALLOWING in MUD of IGNORANCE and ERROR?

RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE telling The Wicked they are wrong IS THE JUDGMENT OF GOD!

Left unchecked, these WICKED PEOPLE will lure and guide even MILLIONS into DAMNATION!

You think that GOD wants His Servants to STAND BY and ALLOW IT?

. EZEKIEL 3:14-21.

14. So The Spirit lifted me up,
and took me away,
and I went in bitterness,
in the heat of my spirit;
but The Hand of The LORD
was Strong upon me.
15. Then I came to them
of The Captivity at Telabib,
that dwelt by the River of Chebar,
and I sat where they sat,
and remained there astonished
among them seven days.
16. And it came to pass
at the end of seven days,
that The Word of The LORD
came unto me, saying,
17. "Son of Man,
I have made thee a Watchman
unto The House of Israel:
therefore hear the Word at my mouth,
and give them warning from me.
18. "When I say unto the Wicked,

'Thou shalt surely die;'
and thou givest him not Warning,

nor speakest to the Wicked
from his Wicked Way,
to save his life;
the same Wicked man
shall die in his Iniquity;
but his blood will I require
at thine hand.
19. "Yet if thou warn the Wicked,
and he turn not from his Wickedness,
nor from his Wicked Way,
he shall die in his Iniquity;
but thou hast delivered thy Soul.
20. "Again,

'When a Righteous Man
doth turn from his Righteousness,
and commit Iniquity,
and I lay a stumblingblock before him,
he shall die:
because thou hast not
given him Warning,
he shall die in his Sin,
and his Righteousness
which he hath done
shall not be remembered;
but his blood will I require
at thine hand.
21. "Nevertheless if thou
Warn the Righteous Man,
that the Righteous Sin not,
and he doth not Sin,
he shall surely live,
because he is Warned;
also thou hast delivered thy Soul."

THIS IS WHAT THE GOSPEL IS!

THIS IS WHAT GOD HAS SAVED US- THOSE OF US WHOM HE HAS SAVED- FOR!

When you were a follower of wicked men of course they would never have taught you these simple Truths.

THE LAST DAY can be ANY DAY for ANY PERSON.

The Day when YOU NEED GOD'S HELP to SAVE YOUR LIFE.

If you have not ADEQUATELY PREPARED- with PRESENTABLE GOOD WORKS that PLEASE GOD, you will have the DIVINE LIFE STRIPPED FROM YOU, and be DISCARDED, even YOUR SOUL completely DESTROYED.

Of course, your WICKED PASTORS surely told you that that CANNOT HAPPEN to YOU.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Max24: 8:56am On Mar 24, 2017
BobHIGHNESS:
don't be brainwash about Nigeria being islamic country, this only bring hatred of others to your mind. Tho i wasn't a religion fanatic but a proud deist, but christians are the most deceived fellows in this country
My brother this is Nigeria where someone was beheaded in the market place in broad daylight ( Bridget) and people arrested were released by Kano state Attorney General. So the apprehension is real. The op is biased by only attacking pastors in name. He is writing in the context of Apostle Sulaimon issue ,fine. If he wants to address religious gullibility in Nigeria he should cite misdeeds of both christian and Muslim leaders, not one sided.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by mhizlicious25: 9:08am On Mar 24, 2017
There is something that baffles me, some persons saying we are gullible to believe anything they say about these men of God. What they fail to understand is that these men are first human before they become men of God so i wonder why these people feel that these men can't commit sins. It's blood that is flowing within their vains not water. Am just saying.........
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Max24: 9:09am On Mar 24, 2017
Sanchez01:
The analogy of the shepherd and the sheep as culled from the Holy Book is mostly directed at the head of a church and the people he leads. Unfortunately, most pastors don't live up to the expectation as they have left the sheep more vulnerable than it ever was.

Believe me when I say that majority of Nigerian pastors are responsible for the sharp increase in atheism for the past decade, owing to their lifestyles many consider flamboyant. Rather than look up to Jesus as explained in Hebrews 12:2, 2/3 of Nigerian Christians would rather prefer to look up to their pastor which breeds the perfect avenue for brainwashing - my pastor cannot be wrong.

Wrong prophecies, exploitation, fake miracles, organized testimonies and scandals cannot be wrong in the face of members of these kind of Pastors.

Below are scenarios of Pastors and some events in which their members reinforced, even in the face of stark realities.

PASTOR BIODUN FATOYINBO OF COZA

When the COZA saga took place, most members of the church stood by their pastor who exploited a young, confused Christian but forever stayed mum over the issue after promising a 'robust reply'. The lady, today, has confessed to being an atheist after believing that nothing lies in Christianity, all thanks to a randy man who was bent on showing her a whole new level of grace.

The Implication: Pastor did it and went away with it, perhaps I might not be condemned if I do the same. Adultery seem regular before God.

Oga u seem biased. Why list pastors alone ? Is it only christian followers that are gullible and naive ? What about those religious leaders that direct their followers to go out and kill Kaferis why didn't u give us their names as u have done for pastors? Which is worse? Who, for example, Apostle Sulaimon beds is the least of our problems.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Sanchez01: 9:16am On Mar 24, 2017
Max24:

Oga u seem biased. Why list pastors alone ? Is it only christian followers that are gullible and naive ? What about those religious leaders that direct their followers to go out and kill Kaferis why didn't u give us their names as u have done for pastors? Which is worse? Who, for example, Apostle Sulaimon beds is the least of our problems.
This is not a religious thread between Muslims and Christians. I am a Christian and it is only natural I stay within the the purview of Christianity.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Edelweiss44: 9:25am On Mar 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

It is you who has something wrong with his head that needs to be examined. You won't dissolve your ignorance by reading the bible to know that there are always fake when genuine pastors are involved before coming here to spew your long post of ignorance! Even among the 12 disciples that Jesus personally chose, one of them turned out to be what you may describe as "fake" or a Wolf in sheep's clothing, and his name was Judas Iscariot! So stop talking nonsense here. It is your responsibility to look for the "11 out of 12" who are not fake and identify with them instead of coming here to tell us rubbish that we should start encouraging the condemnation of all pastors instead of defending them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop Daniel Yisa: "The Change Buhari Brought Is Changing Criminals To Saints" / Assemblies Of God Church Drags Factional Group To EFCC Over Embezzlement / If Evolution Was Untrue.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.