Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,214 members, 7,853,128 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:37 AM

UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites (9826 Views)

Top 15 Most Selected Courses By Students In JAMB UTME 2017 / UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites / Unilag 2017 Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 02, 2017
NevetsIbot:
very wrong.
The answer is A

Its obvious you both have been depending on series.

Lol
you are wrong the answer is B. try to understand the difference btw (A)Prorogation and (B)Dissolution
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by NevetsIbot(m): 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
emazion:
you are wrong the answer is B. try to understand the difference btw (A)Prorogation and (B)Dissolution
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by castrokiller(m): 10:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
Candidates can now make payment for UTME 2017 fees via Remita on jamb.org.ng. Login and click on Sale of Form to proceed
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by NevetsIbot(m): 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2017
emazion:
you can't be serious now!.... Dissolution is to dissolve.. To end. To terminate and destroy all that has been done. Dissolution can only apply to ending a legal entity, law or agreement.

Prorogate means to Discontinue a session of a parliament, cabinet or legistlature.... In a laymans words ''To say 'we're done for today' get it?''.......

To understand govt, you need to know words and their meanings. Google words you find and make extensive research on them... Study their etymology and how they can be used.

You're talking to a govt freak who reads govt txtbook and series with a dictionary and google.......

2 Likes

Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
NevetsIbot:
you can't be serious now!.... Dissolution is to dissolve.. To end. To terminate and destroy all that has been done. Dissolution can only apply to ending a legal entity, law or agreement.

Prorogate means to Discontinue a session of a parliament, cabinet or legistlature.... In a laymans words ''To say 'we're done for today' get it?''.......

To understand govt, you need to know words and their meanings. Google words you find and make extensive research on them... Study their etymology and how they can be used.

You're talking to a govt freak who reads govt txtbook and series with a dictionary and google.......
i understand you sir But you see dissolution does NOT only apply to ending a legal entity, law or agreement. DISSOLUTION also means the termination of an organised body OR legislative assembly especially a formal dismissal by the head of government/state while PROROGATION is the period between two session of a legislative body. in a democratic setting like Nigeria it is almost impossible for d dissolution of the legislative arm to occur while in the military era it is a common practice and immediately suspend the constitution.......... please read the question again and again.......... ..#tirefeelingsleepy
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by NevetsIbot(m): 11:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
emazion:
i understand you sir But you see dissolution does NOT only apply to ending a legal entity, law or agreement. DISSOLUTION also means the termination of an organised body OR legislative assembly especially a formal dismissal by the head of government/state while PROROGATION is the period between two session of a legislative body. in a democratic setting like Nigeria it is almost impossible for d dissolution of the legislative arm to occur while in the military era it is a common practice and immediately suspend the constitution............#tirefeelingsleepy
to

Here's the question. You make me wanna doubt if you understand it.

"the termination of a session of a legislature by
proclamation issued by the head of state is
called
(A)Prorogation (B)Dissolution (C)Plebiscite
(D)Summons''

The main words there are ''TERMINATE AND SESSION"

Note - terminating a session doesnt mean endingthe legislature like you're saying.

See well.... Prorogation has two meanings ....''time in btw sessions and to put an end to a legislative session''...

Google it, you'll not find anything like disolving a legislative session. Except you're talking about disolving the legislative body .... N we're talking about sessions.

You're mixing up '"ending of the legislature'' and ''ending of a legislative SESSION"

It's almost like you don't see the word SESSION

You use the words in the question to form your answer. How can you omit session and read something else?
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
NevetsIbot:
to

Here's the question. You make me wanna doubt if you understand it.

"the termination of a session of a legislature by
proclamation issued by the head of state is
called
(A)Prorogation (B)Dissolution (C)Plebiscite
(D)Summons''

The main words there are ''TERMINATE AND SESSION"

Note - terminating a session doesnt mean endingthe legislature like you're saying.

See well.... Prorogation has two meanings ....''time in btw sessions and to put an end to a legislative session''...

Google it, you'll not find anything like disolving a legislative session. Except you're talking about disolving the legislative body .... N we're talking about sessions.

You're mixing up '"ending of the legislature'' and ''ending of a legislative SESSION"

It's almost like you don't see the word SESSION

You use the words in the question to form your answer. How can you omit session and read something else?
did you see the part "issued by the head of state" anyways na textbook talk am . nice profile pic√
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by NevetsIbot(m): 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2017
emazion:
did you see the part "issued by the head of state" anyways na textbook talk am . nice profile pic√
yeah I read that.. But you should know jamb only intends to confuse you....... Who else can prorogate and dissolute if not the head of state?

That's how they managed to confuse other readers. The main word to see was SESSION.

Thanks bro.
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by Perpetual459: 6:35am On Apr 03, 2017
Hello house,my little sis has registered on jamb portal,can someone put me thru d other processes.
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by joey4sheva(m): 9:40am On Apr 03, 2017
Please what's the recommended textbooks for English, Government, Economics and CRS?? Thanks
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by kolado(m): 8:48am On Apr 04, 2017
NevetsIbot:
yeah I read that.. But you should know jamb only intends to confuse you....... Who else can prorogate and dissolute if not the head of state?

That's how they managed to confuse other readers. The main word to see was SESSION.

Thanks bro.
You're on point, the answer is prorogation. I came across this question 7 years ago when i was preparing for JAMB. You need to get good textbooks in goverment like Government for west africa by francis adigwe, substance of politics by Appadorai and so on. I wish you all good luck.
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by NevetsIbot(m): 11:21am On Apr 04, 2017
kolado:
You're on point, the answer is prorogation. I came across this question 7 years ago when i was preparing for JAMB. You need to get good textbooks in goverment like Government for west africa by francis adigwe, substance of politics by Appadorai and so on. I wish you all good luck.
Thank you sire
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by NeonDee(m): 8:48am On Apr 07, 2017
Good am pals... Pls is this combo good for Educational Administration??
"Biology, Economics, Commerce and Use Of English"
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by mymzo48: 1:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
NeonDee:
Good am pals... Pls is this combo good for Educational Administration??
"Biology, Economics, Commerce and Use Of English"
Yes it is...........which school are you applying to
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by Luvvy01(f): 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
is there any whatsapp group?
Re: UTME 2017: Thread For Arts Jambites by NeonDee(m): 8:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
mymzo48:

Yes it is...........which school are you applying to
Not me tho..... A friend. She has settled for bio n edu.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Wrote Gce Exam 2004 And I Lost My Result / 10 Reasons Why Direct Entry Candidates Might Not Be Admitted This Year / Uniport 18th Best University In Africa. No 1 In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.