Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,609 members, 7,847,553 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:34 PM

Advice Needed. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Advice Needed. (721 Views)

Advice Needed!!! Php Yii Vs Python Django / Advice Needed On Programming Language. / Serious Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed. by guru01(m): 2:35am On Jan 05, 2010
Hi guys, i like to know if after getting my certificate @ NIIT, as programmer. Will i need to go through universities to get a job?
Thanks
Re: Advice Needed. by timba(m): 11:47am On Jan 05, 2010
It depends on so many factors which include: how good you are, your network, the kind of company you intend to gain employment in and so on.

Unless in exceptional cases, I will suggest still getting a degree from a university.
Re: Advice Needed. by guru01(m): 12:06pm On Jan 05, 2010
Thx for your response, what i founf out is that most programmers still go to universities.
And just wondering, what is the need of going to a university, when you have finished learning from an IT institution.
Re: Advice Needed. by timba(m): 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2010
May be because we live in a society where the certificate is viewed as proof of competency.
Re: Advice Needed. by guru01(m): 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2010
grin i think you're rite, due to our nations policy.
But one can develop good and sophiscated appilications, sell it and make money grin
Re: Advice Needed. by tallibee(m): 9:06am On Jan 06, 2010
If you want to be like a bird that flies anywhere to get a job especially in this country (Nigeria), my bro you need first degree. Whatever other certificates be, it can only bring you added advantage. If you are extremely good at the profession you choose, you can excel as a freelancer thats for sure. Am speaking from experience.
Re: Advice Needed. by guru01(m): 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2010
@Tallibee
Are you telling me that you are a freelancer programmer?

(1) (Reply)

Learn Programming Language Of Your Choice FREE / Please Help Me With COBOL I Beg U. Its Urgent / Are There Any Logical Programmers Here? Prolog Preffered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.