Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,144 members, 7,852,907 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:10 AM

The Igbo People Are Cursed! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Igbo People Are Cursed! (3938 Views)

The Hametic Myth/are Blacks Cursed As Stated In The Bible? / DR Congo: Cursed By Its Natural Wealth / Pat Robertson - Haiti Is Cursed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbo People Are Cursed! by airzzee(m): 5:56am On Jan 16, 2010
That's right!

Very intelligent set of people, very hard-working, very ambitious, BUT, The Igbo of the South East Nigeria are a cursed people!

Until you discover the origin & cause of your curse, you cannot move forward and only then will all your ambitions be actualised.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by aloyemeka7: 5:57am On Jan 16, 2010
Ok; will you please come and take away the curse so they can join you in achieving the glory your people and you have achieved?.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by yeswecan(m): 6:00am On Jan 16, 2010
airzzee:

That's right!

Very intelligent set of people, very hard-working, very ambitious, BUT, The Igbo of the South East Nigeria are a cursed people!

Until you discover the origin & cause of your curse, you cannot move forward and only then will all your ambitions be actualised.

KID
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by airzzee(m): 6:04am On Jan 16, 2010
aloy*emeka:

Ok; will you please come and take away the curse so they can join you in achieving the glory your people and you have achieved?.

@aloy*emeka

For your info, I am:

100% Nigerian
100% Christian
100% Igbo

But think about it! Time is running out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:09am On Jan 16, 2010
airzzee:

@aloy*emeka

For your info, I am:

100% Nigerian
100% Christian
100% Igbo

But think about it! Time is running out.

If the bolded above is true, then you really need to sit your mother down and ask her who your dad is!

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by airzzee(m): 6:14am On Jan 16, 2010
I thought people should be interested in asking "how?" or saying WHY IT IS NOT TRUE rather than criticise without a basis, without an argument. I thought we have grown beyond this level.
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by Kobojunkie: 6:29am On Jan 16, 2010
If you are 100% Ibo, then you must understand why I have the urge to label you 100% im becile? @Poster. So please take it upon yourself to explain, to us all, why you would step out to claim ALL Ibos, most of whom you have never met are cursed, as if they all share the same dreams of an ibo utopia, or anything of that sort with you @Poster

1 Like

Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by kosovo(m): 6:30am On Jan 16, 2010
moved!
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by OgidiBoy(m): 6:34am On Jan 16, 2010
Why and how are Igbos cursed ? I'm 100% Igbo and I think I'm blessed.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by olubuffett: 6:35am On Jan 16, 2010
so how are they cursed pastor airzzee and how do you intend to remove the curse?
hope you are a strong Christian? and not just 100% else you will go to the other side in the process
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by adagz01(m): 7:19am On Jan 16, 2010
a fustrated igbo man online.sorry buddie
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by airzzee(m): 7:46am On Jan 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

If you are 100% Ibo, then you must understand why I have the urge to label you 100% im becile? @Poster. So please take it upon yourself to explain, to us all, why you would step out to claim ALL Ibos, most of whom you have never met are cursed, as if they all share the same dreams of an ibo utopia, or anything of that sort with you @Poster

@Kobojunkie
You are NOT “Ibo.” You are “IGBO.” There is no word or people like 'Ibo.' Meanwhile, I forgive your abuses.

OgidiBoy:

Why and how are Igbos cursed ? I'm 100% Igbo and I think I'm blessed.

olubuffett:

so how are they cursed pastor airzzee and how do you intend to remove the curse?
hope you are a strong Christian? and not just 100% else you will go to the other side in the process

Now, that critical-minded people are talking, shall we review the topic:

First I acknowledged that fact that the Igbo are:

1. Hardworking; probably the most hardworking;
2. Ambitious;
3. Intelligent; maybe wiser than the others - wise men come from the East, you know;
4. Even more (positive and sweeter things).

So, I am NOT coming from a derogatory point of view.  

The truth is that a CURSED PERSON seldom knows that he is cursed. Just like A MAD MAN DOES NOT KNOW OR REALISE THAT HE IS MAD. Most mad men that were taken for deliverance were NOT healed mainly because, they never understood what was wrong with them in the first place; they felt they were okay, hale and hearty, and saw no need to make some positive utterances required of them to be rescued. Correct me I’m wrong here. So, I won’t be surprised if people react the way they do. It's understandable. But, the truth must be told. The truth is not sweet, not palatable, not good to hear, not enticing, not flattering.  The truth is bitter; very, very bitter.

Before we go forward, can somebody tell us the meaning of the word “CURSE?” You may use the dictionary, or any reasonable citation, or the holy books, even the traditional Igbo meaning of curse (“obubu onu”).
We pause a little for your responses, and also form some quorum.

Today, today, we shall liberate ourselves from any bondage. Only if you agree that something is wrong (50% solved) and look for a solution (100%). Our people say, “He who does not know where the rain started beating him does not know where it stopped beating him.”  

This is a serious matter.
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by adconline(m): 11:39am On Jan 16, 2010
Another witch doctor or fortune teller? Can you tell us where is Mr Umaru Yar'dua?
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by ebutex2004: 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2010
angry please we're not cursed, don't say that again, the only thing i can say about us is that the Igbos are very greedy, thats the only thing thats draging our name to the mud, and that has being our problem.
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by airzzee(m): 3:16pm On Jan 16, 2010
airzzee:

The truth is that a CURSED PERSON seldom knows that he is cursed. Just like A MAD MAN DOES NOT KNOW OR REALISE THAT HE IS MAD. Most mad men that were taken for deliverance were NOT healed mainly because, they never understood what was wrong with them in the first place; they felt they were okay, hale and hearty, and saw no need to make some positive utterances required of them to be rescued. Correct me I’m wrong here. So, I won’t be surprised if people react the way they do. It's understandable. But, the truth must be told. The truth is not sweet, not palatable, not good to hear, not enticing, not flattering. The truth is bitter; very, very bitter.

, This is a serious matter.

As I said earlier, a cursed person DOEST NOT know that he is cursed.

But, we need to understnd what 'CURSE' means. Please, brothers & sisters, what is a curse? Somebody tell us so we can move on.
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by shotster50(m): 1:22am On Jan 19, 2010
Airrzee I honestly feel for you. You just started a war you cant win. Goodluck.
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by morpheus24: 11:40pm On Jan 19, 2010
airzzee:

The truth is that a CURSED PERSON seldom knows that he is cursed. Just like A MAD MAN DOES NOT KNOW OR REALISE THAT HE IS MAD. Most mad men that were taken for deliverance were NOT healed mainly because, they never understood what was wrong with them in the first place; they felt they were okay, hale and hearty, and saw no need to make some positive utterances required of them to be rescued. Correct me I’m wrong here. So, I won’t be surprised if people react the way they do. It's understandable. But, the truth must be told. The truth is not sweet, not palatable, not good to hear, not enticing, not flattering.  The truth is bitter; very, very bitter.

Like wise a daft person doesn't realize he/she is daft until they point this out to them. The reason a mad man doesn't know he/she is mad is because he is schizophrenic and has broken with reality or atleast what we define as reality.

You should take  a mad man to the psychiatric hospital for treatment, uttering deliverance words from heaven will not help him.

Like wise I think you should check yourself into Yaba hospital for some observations as well cause honestly you are not making much sense other than you've been going to too many deliverance meetings.
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 20, 2010
OP you can save yourself and everyone else a lot of time and stress by simply digging up that thread by an AA woman [presumably] where she said the same thing you're trying to say here, but without beating around the bush, and in reference to AAs.

the thread may be in culture or some other section. Dont know if its been deleted since I couldnt find it.
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by princekevo(m): 8:06am On Jan 20, 2010
Na waooo, Someone will jst wake up in the morning and start spilling craps that  an entire ethnic group is cursed.
Is it not madness in the highest order?
@poster
I dont really comment on such thread with tribal factions, i found your generalisation interesting intially, but reading through your comment, i discovered you were jst babbling. Like you said in one of you comments you must be really mad without knowing it urself. I advice you seek for medical attention immediately, b4 you wake up next day and start pulling off you dresses.
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by airzzee(m): 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2010
It is interesting to hear all the views and invectives as well, when all we needed to do was to EXPLAIN WHAT CURSE MEANS, and rub minds.

A leper was to be healed. The precondition was for him to throw himself into the River Jordan seven times. It is similarly interesting that know that what prolonged this man's cleansing was the decision between plunging himself into the waters and ego-flexing; when, of course, he had no choice.

Until we wake up, God knows when,
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by Jaylon(m): 11:52pm On Feb 08, 2010
this thread should be deleted immediately
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by ruffrider(f): 8:09am On Feb 09, 2010
Once you accepted Jesus Christ as your savior, the curse is broken, if their was a curse. Stop thinking so evil. Why are some of you so evil minded? tongue
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by slimghost(m): 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2010
@OP
Truly truly, i say unto you, You are a mad man.
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by redsun(m): 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2010
@POSTER,don't tell me the solution to the curse will be prayer and deliverance because if you do,it will clearly show that you are the cursed one,whatever curse mean to you and you are not even aware,like you said mad are unaware of their madness

Personally,i think any form of ignorance is a curse and to break it one has to know,to seek true knowledge.

Seek,you shall find,knock,it shall be open
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by lindabon: 1:18pm On Feb 10, 2010
GOD FORBID.hmmm, cursed kwa! Poster,if u r un4tunate in lyf,deal wid it and stop luk'n 4excuses lyk "cursed" 2console urself.i no ALOT of igbo's who r very successful;myself being a living witnes. so,do me a favor and STOP THE GENARIZATION! even 4rm d forum,u seem 2b d only one believing ur myth so,plz STOP!
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 18, 2010
Igbo haters at work. Tell me who are the blessed tribes in Nigeria and what have they done better than the Igbos to advance this country.
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by MandingoII(m): 7:54am On Feb 18, 2010
It is interesting to hear all the views and invectives as well, when all we needed to do was to EXPLAIN WHAT CURSE MEANS, and rub minds.

A leper was to be healed. The precondition was for him to throw himself into the River Jordan seven times. It is similarly interesting that know that what prolonged this man's cleansing was the decision between plunging himself into the waters and ego-flexing; when, of course, he had no choice.

Until we wake up, God knows when,

Bullsh.t Religion

Here's a question.

When was Nigeria introduced to Jesus Christ?

Who brought christianity to Nigeria?

HOW LONG HAS Nigerians practiced Christianity?

If anything the people that brought you that FRAUDULENT religion, brought you the curse.

The curse of shackled thinking.
Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by Ndeewonu: 9:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
airzzee:

That's right!

Very intelligent set of people, very hard-working, very ambitious, BUT, are the Igbo of the South East Nigeria cursed?

Re: The Igbo People Are Cursed! by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 06, 2021
@poster I have some questions, where are you?

(1) (Reply)

U.s. Wages Food War Against Somalia / G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass / "Racist" Throwback Video: Obama, Clintons, Schumer, Democrats "Hate Immigrants"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.