Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,061 members, 7,838,696 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song (3678 Views)

28th Birthday: Bobrisky Speaks As Police Seal Off Venue Of His Birthday Party / New Song: Kiss Daniel - Yeba MP3 / Clarion Chukwura Receives A Kiss From Her Husband As They Step Out In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by ikp120(m): 7:24pm On Jul 13, 2017
I know most people will say that I am a Wizkid hater, but his latest song "One for me" AKA "Dirty Wine" has been on replay on my phone for hours now. That's to tell you that it's such a work of art.

Wizkid actually stole a line from "Kiss from a rose" by Seal. That song was first released by Seal in 1994. The song was re-released in 1995 and was included in Batman Forever film soundtrack. (Wikipedia).

Wizkid kept repeating "... You are a kiss from a rose" in that his latest song, "One For Me".

That song by Seal was such a hit that it won awards for Record of the Year , Song of the Year , and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance at the 1996 Grammy Awards. Yeah, it was quite phenomenal.
(Wikipedia)

Here's the song on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7y19ED6Vrk

That Wizkid's song is hot, but he actually stole lyrics from another artist's work, which is called Plagiarism.

Original writer: ikp120

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun Fynestboi MissyB3
Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
So we should fry beans

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by ExpensiveG: 7:50pm On Jul 13, 2017
ikp120:
Naaaah, fry Wizkid for stealing.
grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by itchie: 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2017
Wizkid is a boss. Baba NLA, Daddy Yo. Nothing do wizzy boy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by Hotshawarma(m): 9:00pm On Jul 13, 2017
Jay-z once sampled one of the songs of fela kuti ,does that make jay z a wack rapper??does that mean jay-z stole too??

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by Gabaleve(m): 10:07pm On Jul 13, 2017
make I investigate first
Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by iamsea(m): 10:30pm On Jul 13, 2017
Don't sweat it bro... Cuz most of the new skul songs we listen to are old songs, they are same old shits but just on a different day

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by KingTom(m): 10:38pm On Jul 13, 2017
Bro that's called sampling. He sampled Fela's shakara in Sweet love. Olamide sampled Kevin little's turn me on in wavy level the list goes on grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by NeeKlaus: 10:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
ikp120:
I know most people will say that I am a Wizkid hater, but his latest song "One for me" AKA "Dirty Wine"
(Wikipedia)

That Wizkid's song is hot, but he actually stole lyrics from another artist's work, which is called Plagiarism.

Original writer:
Bro, this isn't news. Davido copied one of Lagbaja's hit songs in his song IF. Wizkid used Fela's style and some of his lyrics in his song Sweet Love. Tekno did the same thing in his last single Samantha.

That doesn't make them fake artists. One thing you have to understand is that songs these days are just a remodelled version of most classic tracks.

Like someone above me said, Jay Z did the same thing too so Bruh, this isn't news.

11 Likes

Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by MEILYN(m): 10:50pm On Jul 13, 2017
He stole a line? I am not a Wizkid fan but this is very lame. You should know about music first before opening a thread. This thread is totally useless and ignorant.

10 Likes

Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 13, 2017
OP sense fall on you, do you know how many musicians including rihana that re sang bob marley's songs of freedom?

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by MasterKim: 12:37am On Jul 14, 2017
Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel is wizkid's brother as a Yoruba man so no cause for alarm

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by Nobody: 1:45am On Jul 14, 2017
Get a job

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by Elnino4ladies: 3:01am On Jul 14, 2017
You can sample people work on a mixtape
Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by paultogo: 3:52am On Jul 14, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
OP sense fall on you, do you know how many musicians including rihana that re sang bob marley's songs of freedom?
this nairaland are useless sometimes let's leave trash talk and enjoy the best mixtape of our time from wizlion
Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by metroid(m): 6:27am On Jul 14, 2017
You think RCA records doesn't know this before allowing him to release the song? OP sense fall on you

Virtually all hits songs nowadays sampled a old school song let me mention a few...

DJ Khalid's Wild Thoughts sampled Maria Maria By Calos Santana 1999

Drake Teenage Fever sampled If you had my loving by Jennifer Lopez 1998

End Sheeran's Shape of you sampled No Scrubbs by TLC 1999

Future's Mask Off sampled Prison Song by Tommy Butler 1976

9 Likes

Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by Seunnzy(m): 8:01am On Jul 14, 2017
this a d^mbass post..ur a davido fan I guess there is a long list of of artist that have taken line from other songs..its nothing..u knw Hw many lines davido don steal
sense fall on u

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by Ecuador1(m): 8:40am On Jul 14, 2017
Gabaleve:
make I investigate first
u go get credit alert after investigating
Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by Ecuador1(m): 8:42am On Jul 14, 2017
KingTom:
Bro that's called sampling. He sampled Fela's shakara in Sweet love. Olamide sampled Kevin little's turn me on in wavy level the list goes on grin
well said
Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by netlegend(m): 8:45am On Jul 14, 2017
ikp120:

“Harrysong Has Dumped Kcee In The Trash Where He Belongs

Nigerian singer, Harrysong and his former Boss, KCee still seem to be at loggerheads over their legal agreements while Harrysongwas still an artist under Five Star Music Group.

Speaking with TheCable Lifestyle on Friday, Desmond Ike, Harrysong’s manager, said Kcee is demanding N20m in the suit.
Ike said Kcee is claiming that Harrysong is “trying to malign his public image”.

http://skynaijamusic..com.ng/2017/07/harrysong-has-dumped-kcee-in-trash.html?m=1
Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by netlegend(m): 8:45am On Jul 14, 2017
“Harrysong Has Dumped Kcee In The Trash Where He Belongs

Nigerian singer, Harrysong and his former Boss, KCee still seem to be at loggerheads over their legal agreements while Harrysongwas still an artist under Five Star Music Group.

Speaking with TheCable Lifestyle on Friday, Desmond Ike, Harrysong’s manager, said Kcee is demanding N20m in the suit.
Ike said Kcee is claiming that Harrysong is “trying to malign his public image”.

http://skynaijamusic..com.ng/2017/07/harrysong-has-dumped-kcee-in-trash.html?m=1
Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by harffie(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hotshawarma:
Jay-z once sampled one of the songs of fela kuti ,does that make jay z a wack rapper??does that mean jay-z stole too??
Ye...DOA.....Death of Autotune...JayZ fan... grin grin
Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by darbeelicous(f): 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
who cares if it's "copied"? I see a song, I download it, I listen to it, then I hate it...... That's what's important.
Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by ikp120(m): 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
darbeelicous:
who cares if it's "copied"? I see a song, I download it, I listen to it, then I hate it...... That's what's important.
You hate it?
Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by darbeelicous(f): 6:28am On Jul 22, 2017
yup...... It's like watching a movie, at first it's all so interesting then u watch it over and over again it slowly becomes boring, then u see another which obviously is more interesting and does not have lame characters. Life's thus.

Don't Gerrit twisted baby we're still talking about the music.
ikp120:
You hate it?
Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by ikp120(m): 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
darbeelicous:
yup...... It's like watching a movie, at first it's all so interesting then u watch it over and over again it slowly becomes boring, then u see another which obviously is more interesting and does not have lame characters. Life's thus.

Sure, that's how life is
Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by stanvesco(m): 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
ikp120:
I know most people will say that I am a Wizkid hater, but his latest song "One for me" AKA "Dirty Wine" has been on replay on my phone for hours now. That's to tell you that it's such a work of art.

Wizkid actually stole a line from "Kiss from a rose" by Seal. That song was first released by Seal in 1994. The song was re-released in 1995 and was included in Batman Forever film soundtrack. (Wikipedia).

Wizkid kept repeating "... You are a kiss from a rose" in that his latest song, "One For Me".

That song by Seal was such a hit that it won awards for Record of the Year , Song of the Year , and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance at the 1996 Grammy Awards. Yeah, it was quite phenomenal.
(Wikipedia)

Original writer: ikp120

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun Fynestboi MissyB3

bro please can we talk on whatsap
08063152970/08103434573
Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by Boxer007(m): 11:14pm On Nov 17, 2017
darbeelicous:

u

Please can we make this dream come thru. You hug your boyfriend while I hug him from behind. Please can we arrange?
Re: Opinion: Wizkid Plagiarized Seal's Song "Kiss From A Rose" In His Latest Song by Nobody: 2:16am On Nov 18, 2017
All the tracks on Jay'z new album was a samples from Nina Simone’s 1966 track “Four Women” on “The Story of O.J.” to Sister Nancy’s dancehall classic “Bam Bam” on “Bam” featuring Damian Marley and Donny Hathaway’s “Some Day We’ll All Be Free” on “Legacy.”
He also uses so many other artists lyrics on the album.

Nairalanders free your mind from hate, focus on your life and leave Wizkid alone.

FOCUS ON YOUR LIFE BRO.

(1) (Reply)

Kylie Jenner's Body Is Sexy In Barbie Costume For Halloween / Bbnaija Star Mercy Ekeh Flaunts Her Big Backside As She Struts Into Her New Home / Throwback Photos Of Jay Z Visits To Bukola Saraki In Kwara, 2006 Re-surfaces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.