Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,309 members, 7,853,433 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:36 PM

Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents (2406 Views)

Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage / 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by darnley16(m): 12:09pm On Sep 07, 2017
I'm thinking about quiting marijuana , (not that its affecting me or nothing)
but what if I come clean and tell my parents I'm addicted to prescription pills , they are the best parents anyone can ask for , and I feel it could be possible for parents to help their kids in this suituation or just make matters worse
So please anyone here that has had previous dependency and told your parents about it , Share your experience? please I need your opinions/advice
Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by greatnaija01: 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2017
tell your MUM.... ask her to help u seek spiritual help for it. and tell her not to tell your dad....THO SHE WILL but it wont be so obvious.

darnley16:
but what if I come clean and tell my parents I'm addicted to prescription pills , they are the best parents anyone can ask for , and I feel it could be possible for parents to help their kids in this suituation or just make matters worse
So please anyone here that has had previous dependency and told your parents about it , Share your experience? please I need your opinions/advice

2 Likes

Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2017
I really don't know much about dependence on marijuana but from personal experiences I can tell you your parents won't receive this news well, especially your mum

They will feel disappointed and let down, your mother will say alot and feel heartbroken, Your siblings might even ostracized you and start seeing you as a black sheep.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by darnley16(m): 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2017
my mom would be heart broken ,true but I can't face withdrawal alone, and she's a counselor but I don't know if shell be dissaponted or happy I trust her enof to let her know of my addiction
Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by darnley16(m): 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
greatnaija01:
tell your MUM.... ask her to help u seek spiritual help for it. and tell her not to tell your dad....THO SHE WILL but it wont be so obvious.

Thank you sir, my whole family is not a spiritual one , I.e were all Atheist
Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 07, 2017
darnley16:

if your family practise atheism then telling them should be easier.

since your mom is a counsellor, you should tell her first, she will know how to manage this since she has dealt with it before

1 Like

Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by darnley16(m): 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2017
Evaberry:

if your family practise atheism then telling them should be easier.

since your mom is a counsellor, you should tell her first, she will know how to manage this since she has dealt with it before
i will immediately I get home , thank you , but know I'm the first born , I'm 21 and been modest the heir to an above average family, but really thank you, its hard ,although she had heard rumours , caught me once but now she thinks I'm clean , telling her I'm addicted fully , i really don't know.....
Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
darnley16:
i will immediately I get home , thank you , but know I'm the first born , I'm 21 and been modest the heir to an above average family, but really thank you, its hard ,although she had heard rumours , caught me once but now she thinks I'm clean , telling her I'm addicted fully , i really don't know.....

We all have our vices, you are not the only one who's addicted to marijuana or even smokes.

It's going to be hard to stay off it but if you try hard, you can. withdrawal can be draining.

You've at least admitted to yourself that there's a problem and you are more than willing to stop. it takes a strong and willing person to do this.

I wish you all the best and I'm sorry I can't offer you any advise on how to stop your addiction

if you have any issue or feel depressed or if you ever need anyone to talk to, Please do send me a PM.

Many others have gone through this path.

4 Likes

Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by darnley16(m): 7:02am On Sep 08, 2017
Evaberry:

We all have our vices, you are not the only one who's addicted to marijuana or even smokes.

It's going to be hard to stay off it but if you try hard, you can. withdrawal can be draining.

You've at least admitted to yourself that there's a problem and you are more than willing to stop. it takes a strong and willing person to do this.

I wish you all the best and I'm sorry I can't offer you any advise on how to stop your addiction

if you have any issue or feel depressed or if you ever need anyone to talk to, Please do send me a PM.

Thank you , I just did the PM thingy don't know if you got it tho, , but truly does a single smoke affect an individuals life(the average person)
Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by darnley16(m): 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2017
Evaberry:

I really don't know how to pm.
Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2017
darnley16:
I really don't know how to pm.
Hello dear
have you spoken to your mum about it
Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by darnley16(m): 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2017
Evaberry:

Hello dear

have you spoken to your mum about it
honestly I couldn't , don't want to break her heart
Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2017
darnley16:
honestly I couldn't , don't want to break her heart

lol I did say it WIll be heartbreaking.

so are you going to continue smoking
Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by darnley16(m): 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2017
Evaberry:

lol I did say it WIll be heartbreaking.
so are you going to continue smoking
well been off 2days now
Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by Welcomme: 6:44pm On Sep 11, 2017
darnley16:
Are they still atheist or just less religious now? If they are atheist or not, tell them and let them know the reason y u are telling them. I believe u know d reason. Are u a christian?
Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2017
darnley16:

LOL as in you are addicted to Marijuana lol nice one, been smoking weed for years possibly 7yrs plus, still no urges , anyway all the best just say hey mom I smoke weed and let the rest take course
Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by darnley16(m): 3:41pm On Sep 13, 2017
Clean four days now
headaches and breaking vivid dreams seem to be symptoms of withdrawal , still staying strong....
Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by chii8(f): 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2017
With JESUS, all these will be very easy . You need to occupy your mind with something positive not counting the number of days you didn't smoke. My opinion though, not a counsellor.
Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2017
darnley16:
Clean four days now
headaches and breaking vivid dreams seem to be symptoms of withdrawal , still staying strong....

don't give up dear.

it's only going to get difficult but I hope u r oky

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by TheSourcerer: 3:48am On Sep 06, 2022
Evaberry:

don't give up dear.

it's only going to get difficult but I hope u r oky
hey, just wanted to say thanks , you geniunly cared...

1 Like

Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2022
TheSourcerer:
hey, just wanted to say thanks , you geniunly cared...

I hope you’re better now

1 Like

Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by TheSourcerer: 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2022

I hope you’re better now
oh yeah accepted the things that cannot be changed ... Found peace .
Re: Help! Coming Clean About My Addiction To My Parents by Socratiz: 11:01pm On Sep 13, 2022
Since you said your mum is a counsellor, she should be able to handle the information, especially if she's a practising counsellor, not an academic one.

Is is against Counselling ethics for her to be your counselor but she would recommend her colleague who will relate with you.

There is no need to hide your unclothedness from the person who would wash your corpse.

Please tell your mum, come clean and seek help.

(1) (Reply)

. / Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage / If Your Parents Were To Be Divorced, Who Would You Go With Mum Or Dad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.